Start by marking “Sexy Love (Sexy #4)” as Want to Read:
Sexy Love (Sexy #4)

Sexy Love

(Sexy #4)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Carly Phillips comes a new story in her Sexy series

Learning curves have never been so off-limits.

Professor Shane Warden is on the verge of getting tenure. He never thought he'd see the day, after a false accusation from a student years ago that nearly destroyed his career, and decimated his ability to trust. But the
Kindle Edition
Published March 24th 2020 by 1001 Dark Nights Press

To ask other readers questions about Sexy Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sexy Love

Start your review of Sexy Love (Sexy #4)
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Cute professor/student love story!

I enjoyed this Insta-Love romance about a professor that had been burned by a scorned student in the past and a new student returning to college years after quitting to raise a child when her boyfriend tragically died. The dialogue seemed a bit stilted at first, or possibly it just took me a while to get into the story. But after a bit I really liked the characters of Professor Shane Warden and Amber Davis and the story flowed much better.

The story begins with
Nadine Bookaholic
I have a ton of Carly Phillips' books on my TBR shelf but this is the first one I have read....whats taken me so long?!?!? I have no idea, but I have said this time and time again THANK YOU to 1,001 Dark Nights for bringing us these novellas. Books like this one gives the authors a chance to bring readers characters they normally wouldn't have written a story for and it gives readers a chance to enter the series without having to start from the beginning.

You can read my full review HERE

description

Nadine's Obsessed with Books Where
Joelle
Loved this fun and flirty insta-love romance between Amber and Shane as it was fun and flirty and "oh", so cute.I loved the characters they were amazing and a whole lot of fun.I loved how Amber and LJ had such a large support system and although they suffered a horrible loss they made a incredible family forged through amazing friendships and a whole lot of love.

Shane's and Amber connection was immediate and their chemistry amazing but, obstacle's are in their way but, I loved how they worked
Jessica Alcazar
The first thing I though when I finished this story was how cute and mature it turned out to be. Both Amber and Shame dealt with their insta-attraction in a mature way which turned the story into not such a cliché for me. When a story is this short and you throw in a taboo trope, the stories seem to follow the same trend in plot points but Sexy Love didnt do that for me. It didnt even read taboo to me. It was perfect and I enjoyed it very much. There was a lot of heart and emotion and plenty of ...more
Angie
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy these 1001 Dark Nights books because they give us another story in the world that the author has created but they aren't always necessary to the storyline. Amber's story wasn't totally necessary to the Sexy series but I'm really glad we got it. It was a cute professor/student story but the fact that Amber as a character accepted that she was different than the other students in her class was really great. The story also moved along quickly with not every day or even week being ...more
Sandy S
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
SEXY LOVE is the fourth instalment in Carly Phillips contemporary, adult SEXY erotic, romance series, and the latest instalment in the multi-authored 1001 Dark Nights series of novellas. This is college professor Shane Warden, and single mother/student Amber Davis story line. SEXY LOVE can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalments is revealed where necessary.

SOME BACKGROUND: Several years earlier college freshman Levi Bennett was
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fourth in the series - and if you have not read the previous ones, you will undoubtedly enjoy this lovely novella, but let me tell you ready the series is even better!

Fans of this series will be delighted that Amber, Levi's girlfriend at the time he dies, also gets her HEA. The trio of previous books gave the three men who were with him at the hazing, and have lived their lives with the guilt of not saving
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 5 Forbidden Stars ~

What another great story by Carly Phillips. This novella was perfect for this series. I loved Amber and Shanes story.

This story had a little bit of everything I like in a book. Its a forbidden romance between a teacher and his student but it was also a single parent story which I always gravitate towards.

Even though this is a novella it lacked for nothing. Carly was able to invoke all the same feelings I get when reading one of her
Tina
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As I havent read the three previous books to this series, I came in not knowing anything about Amber and Lj, her ten-year-old son. I immediately felt a connection to Ambers character, having been a single mother before and trying to better my education to better our life. She comes across as a strong, resilient woman willing to make sacrifices for her son to have more family close to him.
Shane appeals to me as a smart, sexy, sensitive hero whos been burned by life but hasnt let it get him down.
Babel
Pretty romance with good feelings, a good man, and family warmth all over.

I enjoyed the maturity of themes throughout this novella. It actually ties to a trilogy of stories around a club that I also liked a lot, the Sexy Series. In this case, the female character is a single mum with a sad past but full of plans for the future. I admire her ambition to study in order to provide a better life for her young son. Thats how she meets a handsome man with whom she has great chemistry. However, he
Becky Claxon
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about Levis girlfriend and her son ten years after Levi died in college. I was glad to see that Amber let Levis twin brother and other two friends help her move, get a house, and start back in college. I know it was hard for Amber to see her son leave for a few weeks to be with Levis parents. It was nice that she will have time to ease back into school without her son there. I loved how she met Shane, but was sad to see that he ended up being her professor. Especially since Shane ...more
Rochelle
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this student/teacher romance. Shane and Amber were so good together. They met before they find out that they are going to be student/teacher and Shane has gone through this before. Amber is just trying to go back to school after a loss in her life and moving to have her son closer to his fathers family. Will they be able to stay apart or will the pull of the attraction between them pull them back together. Loved this story so much. You never go wrong when you pick up a Carly Phillips story ...more
Anna
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, steamy quickie...

Amber is a sassy, stubborn, independent, single mom, but she knows when to take some help. So when her son's uncles, both honorary and genetic, help her buy a house where she wants to go to school, she accepts their help, and so finds herself in a new journey where she has a meet cute with a mysterious stranger named Shane.

Who turns out to be her economics professor, surprising them both.

Initially, because Shane was burnt in the past he tries to resist his draw to the
Lindsey Domokur of Crazy Reader Chicks
What a great quick read. I love novellas because they are just the right size for me. I really enjoyed this book because I could feel the connection from the start. This was sort of forbidden love but it was more of a single mother and her struggle to balance life while going back to school. It is definitely harder as you get older and I loved that she was able to achieve her dreams while finding the love of her life.
Avid Reader
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sexy Love (Sexy #4) by Carly Phillips
4 stars
M/F Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Professor Shane loves his job. He enjoys watching his students learn the material and really understand it. While he knows that sometimes people will take advantage - as he has first hand experience, he wants to believe that most people are good.

Amber loves her life, but she wants something more. After leaving college when she found out she was pregnant and that the love of her life
Megan
Mar 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the perfectly sweet ball of fluffy goodness that was this novella. A sweet way to cap off a sexy series!

Amber Davis has had some unexpected things happen, that altered her life from what she thought it might be. When she was 20, her college boyfriend Levi died after a terrible hazing incident, and she found that she was pregnant shortly after. She dropped out of college and went home to her parents, and they've helped her for the last 10 years. Her son LJ is a great kid, and she wants
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
Sexy Love is a novella in the Sexy Series by Carly Phillips. It can be read as a complete standalone and I can say that since thats exactly how I read it.

Amber is a single mom looking for a fresh start. Moving to Connecticut and going back to college was not going to be easy but she was determined to make her and her sons life better. What she didnt expect was to run into, literally a man who made her weak in the knees with one look. Finding love or even lust was way off her radar until him.
Sue Galuska
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
We finally get to find out about Amber Davis, the girl who was in love with Levi Bennett at the time of his death, and ended up pregnant with his child.

Amber has been a single mom for 10 years now to her son, L.J. It has been a tough road, but Amber has had a lot of support from family and friends.....especially Levi's brother and his best friends. Deciding she needed to start improving her life, and in effect, L.J.'s, Amber decides to go back to college to finally get her degree. Amber and L.J.
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Here we are at book four of the Sexy series, but if you thought Carly Phillips miscounted because there were only three owners of the club that made up Club TEN29, well....there were originally four best friends and that included Levi Bennett, whom their club is dedicated after. So, if you wondered what happened to Levi's baby mama, Amber, Sexy Love is a sweet and steamy novella that will help fill in the answers to those questions.

Amber Davis and her son L.J. (Levi's son) have made the decision
Heather
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

Sexy Love is a novella in the Sexy series and while it is part of a series, it can definitely be read as a standlone.

Amber Davis is looking for a fresh start. She's a single mom who has been living in Florida close to her own family, but she decides to move north to be closer to her son LJ's paternal grandparents, uncle and two pseudo uncles. LJ's Dad, Levi, died in a hazing accident in college leaving Amber to
CarolKat
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've loved every story surrounding Club TEN29 and this one is absolutely perfect.

Ten years ago while she was grieving for Levi, Amber Davis found out she was pregnant. She made the decision to leave college and raise her son. Levi's twin Landon, his parents and her own have been very supportive of them. The men who were there when Levi died in a hazing incident opened Club Ten29 in his honor and have decided Amber should have her dreams as well.

Landon, Tanner and Jason have finally convinced
Emma
Apr 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020-wishlist
Sexy Love is a nice addition to the Sexy series with the story focussing on Amber, who we already know was Levis college girlfriend and mother of the son he never got to meet 😢

Amber has moved closer to the Ten29 team in order to regain control of her life by completing college and moving forward with the career she put on hold to care for her son. She certainly doesnt plan on falling for the sexy man she bumps into on her first day at the college campus.

Unfortunately, and despite the intense
Melinda
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Can one person get back the life they used to have before adulthood took over? Can one man teach his school lesson without losing his heart in the process? We have Shane Warden who has worked on the good side yet when it comes to Amber Davis he is well confused. Shane is taught to do good and never fall to well the old student/teacher releationship everybody is fond of right now. He has tried to be a good teacher never becoming a cliche but something about Amber makes him want to be there for ...more
Kari Hansen
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
When Ambers college sweetheart passed away, she put her dreams on hold when she found out that she pregnant. Her parents were with her every step of the way but with the help of her sons uncle and his two honorary uncles she and her ten year old son LJ have just relocated to not only be closer to them but to return to school.

Shane is a professor who nearly had his professional reputation destroyed when a student made false allegations, so it has only made that more diligent regarding his
Donna Smith
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Even though this is a novella, i was moved by the emotions contained within. Being the 4th story in the series, the characters jave been somewhat established, at least the heroine and her family. Amber isnt a wodow but she fits the description. Her son, LJ's father had a college hazing gone so wrong it affected all their lives forever. She didnt even know she was pregnant until after Levi had passed away. Her life as a single mom wasnt easy but her parents and now Levi's parents are helping to ...more
Lena Dublin
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love 1001 Dark Nights books. They are quick little reads that give me the escape I need after a long day at work. I was happy to read this one. First because I am a huge Carly Phillips fan.

After Ambers college boyfriend tragically dies in a college hazing incident, she finds herself pregnant with his baby. She was fortunate enough to have a strong support system. Not only from her parents but from her boyfriends best friends, twin and parents. She loves being a mom but she always wanted to go
Joyffree
Apr 02, 2020 added it
Shelves: arc-tbr, tme
The story opens with Amber relocating with her son L.J. who gets to spend the summer with his grandparents while Amber settles in and gets accustomed to her new town and returning to school.

Amber's first venture into the small college town finds her a bit lost - but never fear because Shane is here (come on it was cute) and for the first time in a long time Amber finds herself a bit sidetracked.
These two hit it off right away
Maybe they should have shared a bit more personal info?

This is
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sexy Love is a another great story by the amazing Carly Phillips, which was on the short(ish) side, but Ms. Phillips can do any length perfectly. It has a slight forbidden feel to it, as Professor Shane Warden is about to get tenure, while single mother Amber Davis, is one of his students (thought around the same age), since she's finally getting to go back to college. Of course, it doesn't matter the age, a Professor isn't supposed to chill with a student, so there's one of the big ...more
Sandra Hughes
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
For fans of the Sexy Series this is a must read.

Amber Davis never got to experience college life, having to drop out when she fell pregnant and her boyfriend was killed.

Fast forward 10 years and her dream of college is coming true with the help of her son's grandparents and uncles.

She's moved to a new state and is about to start her studies.

Shane Warden loves his work as a college professor, a career he thought he'd lost after a false allegation against him.  He has no intention of ever getting
Sissy's Romance Book Review
SEXY LOVE by Carly Phillips is book 4 in the Sexy Series. This is the story of Amber Davis and Shane Warden. I have read the previous books but feel this can easily be a standalone book.
Amber is starting a portion of her life again. After having to leave collage due to the death of her boyfriend and finding out that she was pregnant. Now about 10 years later she is moving on with her life which is leaving her parents house, moving into a college town along with going back to college.
So, Amber
« previous 1 3 next »

• Unforgotten Passion (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #4)
  • No Inhibitions (Dirty Sexy Fairy Tales #3)
  • Number Neighbors
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Your French Kisses
  • One Night Stand-In (Boyfriend Material #3)
  • The Decadent Gift (The Gift #3)
  • Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks, #5)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Bayside Fantasies (Bayside Summers, #6)
  • Making You Mine (The Bradens & Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls, #5)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • The Bedroom Experiment (Hot Jocks #5.5)
  • You're The One
  • Weekend Wife
  • Tease Me (Stark International Trilogy #5)
NY Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestseller, Carly Phillips gives her readers Alphalicious heroes to swoon for and romance to set your heart on fire. She married her college sweetheart and lives in Purchase, NY along with her three crazy dogs: two wheaten terriers and a mutant Havanese, who are featured on her Facebook and Instagram. The author of 50 romance novels, she has raised two ...more

Sexy (4 books)
  • More Than Sexy (Sexy #1)
  • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
  • Better than Sexy (Sexy #3)