Start by marking “A Minute to Midnight: An Atlee Pine Novel 2” as Want to Read:
A Minute to Midnight: An Atlee Pine Novel 2

A Minute to Midnight: An Atlee Pine Novel 2

(Atlee Pine #2)

'My sister was abducted from here nearly thirty years ago. The person who took her was never found. And neither was she. Her abductor nearly killed me. So I'm back here now trying to find the truth.'

Atlee Pine has spent most of her life trying to find out what happened that fateful night in Andersonville, Georgia. Her six-year-old twin sister, Mercy, was taken and Atleetruth
Published October 29th 2019 by Macmillan

To ask other readers questions about A Minute to Midnight, please sign up.
Jannelies I agree that Long Road to Mercy is not his best book and you don't have to read it to enjoy A Minute to Midnight, but if you want to get to know Atlee…moreI agree that Long Road to Mercy is not his best book and you don't have to read it to enjoy A Minute to Midnight, but if you want to get to know Atlee Pine a little better, it is helpful. (less)

Start your review of A Minute to Midnight: An Atlee Pine Novel 2
Paromjit
This is the second in the FBI agent Atlee Pine series by David Baldacci, and it's a cracker of a sequel that opens with Pine in the Valley of Death in Colorado at ADX Florence, the only American federal super max prison visiting the narcissistic, sociopath serial killer, Daniel James Tor. She is putting herself through the torture of seeing this monstrous man because she is convinced that he was responsible for the abduction of her twin sister, Mercy, when she was six years old. He plays mind ga ...more
Gary
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Atlee Pine series by author David Baldacci. FBI Agent Atlee Pine is the lead character in this new series that started with 'Long Road to Mercy'. In this book we are told more of the back story regarding Agent Pine's past. Thirty years ago when her sister Mercy was abducted and neither Mercy or the person who took her were ever found. Atlee herself was brutally assaulted and left for dead but now she is seeking the truth.

This is a thriller packed with s
Val Wheeler
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As with all Baldacci’s books, this was another fantastic book and am so pleased that I was able to get an early read. I loved the previous book in this series as well as characters etc, also due to the location of the Grand Canyon. This one was based in Andersonville, Georgia, but so well described you feel you are there too.

I equally enjoyed the developments of the main character, Atlee Pine, who, thirty years ago was brutally assaulted and left for dead and her twin sister Mercy was abducted
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for an advance copy of A Minute to Midnight, the second novel to feature FBI Agent Atlee Pine.

When Atlee was 6 an intruder almost killed her and abducted her twin sister, Mercy. This has haunted her since then and she has anger issues. In a last ditch attempt to discover the truth she returns to the scene, Andersonville, Georgia, to try and get some answers and she’s not alone as there appears to be a killer on the loose.

I
Gary
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This is a thriller packed with s
Liz Barnsley
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I completely fell for Atlee Pine in the first novel to feature her so I was very very happy diving into A Minute To Midnight and boy did it deliver on every level.

We get right into her back story here and it is hugely compelling- at the same time another dark case of murder takes our heroine’s attention but could the two things be connected?

David Baldacci is definitely one of the best thriller writers on the modern stage, both plot and character superbly imagined and pres
Tracy Wood
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Altee Pine is a very successful FBI agent with a traumatic personal history, which is why she regularly visits a notorious serial killer in prison hoping to find out where he buried her twin sister Mercy almost thirty years earlier. So far she has learned nothing and Atlee is getting more frustrated by the second.

Knowing her latest trip was why, on her way home, her temper got the better of her, she decides to take her boss up on his suggestion that some time off might be of benefit!  Not havi
Sue Plant
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: david-baldacci
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

a new series and we meet atlee pine an fbi agent and a woman with a mysterious past...her twin sister had been abducted 30 odd years ago from their bedroom and atlee was hit so hard she nearly died....

atlee or lee as her friends call her is troubled with the mysterious past and her father committing suicide plus her mother disappearing things come to ahead when whilst on duty she goes overboard a
Hazel
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My thanks to NetGalley and publisher Pan Macmillan for the ARC.
This is the #2 book featuring FBI Special Agent Atlee Pine - and it really is a good read.
Atlee is the sole FBI agent at Shattered Rock, Arizona, supported by Carol Blum, admin assistant. She likes the solitude because for nearly 30 years she has been trying to find out what happened to her twin sister who was abducted, Atlee being left for dead, from their home in Andersonville. She's convinced a convicted serial killer,
Jannelies
This second book in the Atlee Pines series sets off where the first one stopped. Although there are numerous references to the first book, I think it can be read as a stand alone.
It is very hard to write a review for this book without any spoilers; there are many twists and turns and slowly Atlee starts to unravel what exactly happened on that awful night when she and her sister were only six.
Together with Carol Blum, her very efficient assistant - who is in fact not an FBI agent but just a ve
Sue Plant
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
would like to thank netgalley and the publisher for letting me read this book

Jay
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an advance copy of this book and will be reviewing it for Mystery Scene magazine. I'll update this review with the link to that review whenever it goes online.
Jacqueline  sharp
This is the second book in the series featuring Atlee Pine. If you read the first book in the series, ‘The Long Road to Mercy then this one starts where that one finished. This can be read as a stand-alone novel although there are a number of references in it from the first book.

Atlee Pine is the only FBI agent in Shattered Rock, Arizona, but she does have an assistant Carol Blume who is not and FBI agent. At the beginning of the story we see Atlee or Lee for short visiting Daniel Ja
Jacqueline  sharp
This is a great read from one of the best crime writers out there. A second book with FBI agent Atlee Pine, Lee for short. This one certainly doesn’t disappoint. With action from the start. Lee goes to visit Daniel James Tor the narcissistic, sociopathic serial killer, that she is convinced was responsible for the abduction of her twin sister Mercy when they were six years old. He is currently residing in the only American federal super max prison. But he is not prepared to reveal anything to Le ...more
Tracy Wood

Annette
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Atlee Pine series and judging by the ending it certainly won’t be the last! This was the sort of thriller that you just couldn’t put down.
It featured both a cold case, Atlee’s investigation of her twin, Mercy’s abduction thirty years earlier and a modern day serial killer story.
FBI Agent, Atlee, returns to her home town in Georgia to find out what happened to her sister and try and trace her mother who has also disappeared. She is accompanied by her assistan
Pauline Dutton
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is the second book in the Atlee Pine series and the series continues to enthrall. It is difficult to write a review of this book without giving too much away and spoiling it for the readers but here goes.

30 years ago Atlee’s twin sister was abducted from their bedroom in their then home town of Andersonville and has never been found. Atlee, now an FBI agent had recently narrowly avoided being kicked out of the FBI when arresting a pedophile and had been given leave of absence. S
Anne Szlachcic
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Atlee Pine series and judging by the ending it certainly won’t be the last! This was the sort of thriller that you just couldn’t put down , investing you in the characters and their outcomes .

The book features both a cold case, Atlee’s investigation of her twin, Mercy’s abduction thirty years earlier and a modern day serial killer story.
Louise Wilson
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anne
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Netgalley for this ARC.

Anne
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in a series and whilst it can be read on it’s own, I’d recommend you read the books in order. I enjoyed reading this book, and want to read the first one now. The main character is very likeable, has a good back story which is explored fully in this book. Atlee returns to the town where her twin sister disappeared from when she was 6 years old and looking for answers. When there several murders happen and as an FBI Agent she helps investigate the cases whilst looking into ...more
Angie F
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had heard great things about David Baldacci but until now I hadn't tried one of his books. I can now see what all the fuss is about. This was a great read with some subtle weaving together of the two main stories. Right up until the last chapter I had no idea who the killer was so I was kept in suspense to say the least. The truth about Attlee's family was even more shocking and I sincerely hope we will get the next instalment of her story soon.
My only complaint is a very minor one. . At
Deborah
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I adore David Baldacci's Amos Decker (Memory Man) series. I was also excited when he introduced a new protagonist, FBI agent Atlee Pine, last year in Long Road to Mercy.

The book ended up delving a little into conspiracies and spies and the like, so my excitement waned a little (as it's not a topic of interest to me) but I really liked Pine and the support cast offered in the first of that series. There were a few changes to some of the key players in the new release, A Minute to Midn
Graeme Hunter
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. This is the second Atlee Pine book, in which she delves into her traumatic past in an effort to address her problems in the present. I found Atlee a likeable hero and the central mystery of what happened to her is intriguing. I loved the out of the way setting. However, I did find some of the characters a little predictable and the dialogue was overly expositional at times (the first visit to Atlee's home town reads like a tourist pamphlet).
Jay Dwight
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the volume of work Baldacci produces, they all still remain great fun, plenty of action, engaging plots and tight thrillers. Loving the Atlee Pine character, and like that we are digging deeper into her family history and trauma.

My only minor criticism of Baldacci's more recent works including this one is that the plot lines are becoming less believable. Saying that, I still let reality slide and enjoy the ride.
Ivan
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Another outstanding title from Mr. Baldacci and his second book featuring Atlee Pine.
Highly recommended for all fans of David Baldacci and his Atlee Pine series.
Thank you very much to NetGalley and the publisher for kindly providing me an advanced copy of this title in exchange for an honest review
Sharon Barr
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful novel. Well written and heart wrenching. Good characterization and a fast moving plot. So much better than her previous books which were somewhat frivolous. Shows she has grown as a writer, hope she can sustain this in her upcoming books.
Annarella
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping and entertaining page turner that kept me on the edge till the end.
Mr Baldacci can surely write a book that will keep you hooked.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Kathryn Garner
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderfully complex thriller from David Badacci. Lots of twists and turns with one mystery solved and another deepening. Will we find out about Atlees sister and mother in the next book? I hope so.
Kay
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly thank you to Net Galley and Pan Macmillian for this advanced copy.. Another excellent read from David Baldacci. Set in Georgia this fast paced thriller features Atlee Pine who is becoming another firm favourite.. I look forward to reading the next instalment.
David Baldacci has been writing since childhood, when his mother gave him a lined notebook in which to write down his stories. (Much later, when David thanked her for being the spark that ignited his writing career, she revealed that she’d given him the notebook to keep him quiet, "because every mom needs a break now and then.”) He published his first novel, Absolute Power, in 1996; it was subsequently ...more

Atlee Pine (2 books)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)