Start by marking “When Wishes Bleed” as Want to Read:
When Wishes Bleed

When Wishes Bleed

One Prince. One Witch. One Fate.

The upheaval in my life began the moment a prince stumbled into my house and asked me to read his fortune. Any other night, I might have made an excuse to get him to leave, but this was no normal visit. My fingers prickled to touch him. So, I granted his request by handing him a single wishbone. When he snapped it, the wish … bled.

Hearing
Hardcover
Published November 1st 2019

Start your review of When Wishes Bleed
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

Only to drag me into the depths,
Never aware that I was slowly drowning,
Never caring if I ever tasted the air I desperately needed again.

Story
Sable is a powerful, lonely witch. She serves fate, a powerful thing that some think is death. And so they fear her, they hate her.
She is separated, alone.
Readings are her only communication with others. When she meets Prince Tauron for the first time she is instantly attracted to him. She sees a vision, them making out.
And when she meets him again
manonsense & books
It was doomed from the start.
The insta love just.... no.

I'm a fool. A clown. Every time I start reading a book I'm like: this is not going to be instalove (yet it is) (*prays that the night circus doesn't have an instalove trope*), the romance is going to be built up, I'm going to ship it instead of rolling my eyes. There's still hope for well constructed romance.

Haha.

I gave the book two stars because the universe had potential; i love witches, I love magic, I love powerful main protagonists.
Olivia Wildenstein
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a beautiful story...

I loved it from beginning to end. The romance was sweet and clean (for those who don’t enjoy smut), the magic system was clever, the words...well, Bond has a way of transforming prose into poetry without weighing down her descriptions...so the words were gorgeous. Can’t rave hard enough about this gem.
HeatherH
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
I mean.. I though this sounded enjoyable and agreed to do a buddy read with the amazing @Selina.. but holy hell this passed all my expectations!

And yeah.. there was that icky insta-love bs. But like, I ain't even mad. I ADORE Tauren and Sable. Their story was everything.

This was very similar to the Selection at the beginning.. but with witches and who isn't here for that?! But honestly, I loved that this story focused a lot more on the world and the disarray of it than the drama of the
Cristie Alleman
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved When Wishes Bleed
Casey L Bond has written another amazing story filled with great characters.
Alina Nshanyan
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Maybe like a 2.5?
I had such high hopes for this book. The premise sounded amazing and i really thought it was a unique story. I just don’t think it was executed as well as it could have been. I didn’t feel any connection with the characters. I didn’t feel any sort of spark between the main character and her love interest. They had more of an insta love connection and that is my least favorite trope when it comes to romance. The magic system was not properly explained either. The whole thing read
CozyBakesNook
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved it! Sable, the daughter of fate, is a witch and an outcast among the witches of her sector. One night, during an equinox celebration, a man catches her eye and asks for his fortune to be read. Rather than tea leaves or a crystal orb, he is drawn to the wishbone. One snap, blood runs from the wishbone, and it’s clear that his future is in peril. Will Sable help prevent his death? Will she restore the house of fate? Will she save the kingdom? Will she sacrifice her heart?
This is overall a
Shannon (discoverelysian)
I'm happy I found this book on Kindle Unlimited and now I have a pretty high expectation. The synopsis sounds interesting, let's hoping for the best! Fingers crossed ...more
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
I came across this novel not long after it was published, so when I finally got around to getting a few months of Kindle Unlimited, I borrowed it to see if the intrigue of the cover and blurb was what I had hoped.

Firstly, this book did catch me off guard in respect to a few things. Namely, the world seems bizarrely modern yet also quite archaic (like the witches appear to live pretty primitively, since Brecan is like... amazed at running water being in the palace, whereas there are cities full
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Ever read a synopsis and instantly know a book is perfect for you? That was this book.

When Wishes Bleed is a story about a Witch named Sable who happens to be Fate's daughter. Fate tells her to do things, guides her, and etc. The rest of the witches she lives with basically shunned her because something her mother did and she doesn't know what that was. She reads the fate of the Prince of the kingdom, Tauren only to find out someone is trying to kill him. Tauren then invites her to basically
Darcy (Daydreamingofbookdragons)
I mean the premise sounds interesting, but the main reason I first became interested in this is because of the wishbone on the cover and the fact that it reminds me of my all time favourite book series, the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy.
Kira Simion
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-to-read
Not going to lie, but when it switched from a girl who could tell the future using wishbones (sweet!) to a girl who is helping a guy by vying for his hand in marriage (what?) in the span of a paragraph, I got skeptical. I want more of the visions and dark magic and doom that she tries to stop but sometimes (or all the time) it doesn't work. DUN DUN DUUUNNN.
selina ☾
[Review to come! 5 stars even though I had some issues with it but my issues were very minor so I based my rating off of my emotions and it told me to give it 5 stars. My rating system is foolproof, what do you mean?? THAT ENDING THOUGH SJhdfGKSA]
Rea
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story got off to such a good start. It seemed to be firmly set in a fantasy land, the witchcraft intrigued me, and I was drawn in by the justice Sable was required to mete out on behalf of her adoptive father, Fate. I was even interested in the bleeding wish bones.

Then it all went to pot.

At about the 20% mark the book veers wildly from being a fantasy about the daughter of Fate executing criminals to being something not-quite-fantasy that’s obsessed with clothes, make-up, and a boy.

This
Kaitlin
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a solid book. I saw the cover and was hoping for a rich fantasy novel (I was thinking The Cruel Prince). This was not that.

I probably should've paid more attention to reviews, but this ended up being a very sweet, somewhat juvenile, story about a young witch, a nice prince, and a healthy dose of insta-love. There wasn't a whole lot of fantasy or action or intrigue, but it was a decent YA book. I would've really enjoyed it a couple years ago, when I was in my Kiera Cass (The Selection)
Linda
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Casey Bond writes the most amazing books. The protagonist is a strong Fate witch. Being shun didn’t discourage her. Love the personality. My issue is that why does a man have to make a character lose all sense of reality. Of course that is part of the plot and love turns you blind but in a way in which it made her strong it also made her weak. I powered through reading, cursing work for making me put the book down and not allowing me to binge read, even if the plot became predictable. It is ...more
Kalli Bunch
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is unique and fresh. I love it. I really hope there's going to be more from this world because it was such an awesome and interesting story. There are a lot of witch stories, many stories about Princes, and a lot of stories about fate...but this book puts a whole new spin on it. You won't want to miss it!!
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I honestly never know what I’m going to truly get when I read a Casey L. Bond novel. Casey builds us a wondrous world with witches and different sectors, think Hunger Games districts without the games. I enjoyed all the characters from Sable and Tauren to Mira’s magical weaving spiders. Sable is the Daughter of Fate, a cast out at a young age but overcomes whatever is thrown her way. Tauren will soon be king but one fate reading from Sable has him asking her to help keep him safe. If you love ...more
Wendy
Nov 29, 2019 added it
This was one of the best books that I have read for along time I cant wait to see what happens next
Crystal Gray
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate.

I am left at a loss for words. Casey somehow takes things I normally don't like and makes them magical. Sectors, there are 13 different ones, eh. Royals, blah. Witches, cool! Somehow she takes them all and just wow! Her mind is a scary, wonderful place!
Lisa P
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A magical ride

Can fate be changed? How do you choose which path to take? Casey Bond weaves an incredible story about trust, friendships, revenge, and magic. Sable is a dynamic character that finds herself in an unusual situation with her "unique skill set". You feel like you are right there with her in all the feels - bitterness, happiness, pain, envy, rage, sadness, love..
Jean
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely story

I just had to finish this book till the end! The story has a different angst about how witches are perceived and how people view others because of their traditions and beliefs. I love the heroine Sable as she is brave, courageous and forgiving. While Prince Tauren is a chivalrous, polite and honest person. The other characters were as appealing and enchanting as Sable and Tauren. Brecan, the boy best friend you could ever have and Mira, the loyal and devoted friend. The story has
✿ lorraine

overall rating : 2 / 5
” he is here, fate whispered. find him. end him. make him pay. “
____________________________

the good
The premise of this book had me hooked! Sable, our heroine, divines the future through candle wax, tea leaves, or wishbones, the best medium to use. She does this all through Fate’s help, a not-quite-being residing within her, guiding her and leading her to those who he favors… or not.

This book is fairly easy to follow and sticks to common tropes. If you’re looking for a
Heather
"The only constant in life was change itself."

I kind of feel like the first 5 chapters and the rest of the book were two separate types of stories. I hate to say it but if the rest of the book had been as amazing as the first five chapters this could have been one of my favorites of 2019. (Which I feel I had just said in my last review but alas.)

No kidding though, the feeling between chapters 1-5 and the rest of the book are like night and day. Chapters 1-5 were everything I wanted. A mysterious
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Casey L Bond’s When Wishes Bleed was an amazing and unique fairy tale. It’s not a retelling, but a completely new tale like nothing you’ve ever read before.

Sable, the Daughter of Fate, doesn’t have an easy life. She’s called by Fate to exercise it’s will. She’s also treated as an outcast in her homeland by most of the other witches, except for one.

On the night of the festival, when borders are open to others to visit, Sable hopes to earn some coin by reading fortunes. When a man with golden eyes
Monica (books_over_everything)
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Title When Wishes Bleed

Author Casey L. Bond

Description from Amazon

Hearing me suck in a shocked breath, he asked what it meant. Such an ominous omen could only mean one
Merril Anil
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
Well what if Sabrina, not the original one but the new Netflix dark Sabrina, decides to be a contestant in the bachelor ? Well that’s exactly what the core plot of the book seems to be but sans all the fun but with lots of gowns, heels and rose powder.

The book started out to be quite impressive and I had not read the synopsis of the book yet. But as I progressed with the book, I realised that the book was headed towards the selection series. Then after few pages, my fears came true and the book
juh
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-faves
Review: 5 amazing stars!!

— PLOT
This book was nice! It gave me The Selection vibes, but it was infinitely better because Tauren didn’t really play around with the other girls like Maxon did. Tauren, from start to finish, was pretty much infatuated with Sable. Do we stan? Yes.

It was really interesting to read about Fate and how Sable acted as his hands. I thought Fate would be this scary, bloodthirsty presence, but not at all. Fate was fair and seeked justice. Do we stan? Yes, again.

This book
Amanda Evans
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’d been following the author’s pre-release posts and teasers for this book and couldn’t wait to read it. I’ve read a couple of books by this author already and have never been disappointed. She is now in my list of authors that I don’t hesitate to buy.

When Wishes Bleed tells the story of Sable daughter of Fate and Tauren the prince. When Sable reads his fortune, Fate shows her that his life is in danger and it is up to her to save him. The Prince is due to choose a bride and Sable being a witch
Katy
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wicked Mercurial Fantasy

Nautilus is a kingdom divided into thirteen areas. Twelve of the areas contribute their products and skills to support the kingdom. The thirteenth, The Gallows, is home to witches, mostly spurned, unless there was need of magic. Sable, Daughter of Fate, is at the heart of this tale. She shares the same destiny as her area; with the sins of her mother following her and Fate's sometimes cruel demands, she too is avoided unless her skills are required. Until the night of the
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Silver Wolf (The Sworn Saga Book 2)
  • Red Rider (The Sworn Saga #1)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • Prince of Never (Black Blood Princes, #1)
  • The Hunt (The Twisted Kingdoms #1)
  • Evermore Academy: Winter
  • Cold Queen
  • Gilded Rose (Celestials #1)
  • Unspoken (Unspoken, #1)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville #1)
  • The Winter Witch
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Curse Breaker (Kingdom of Runes #2)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Spellwood Academy
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
Award-winning author Casey L. Bond resides in Milton, West Virginia with her husband and their two beautiful daughters. She loves letting the figments of her imagination spill onto the blank page.

You can find more information about Bond’s books via the following links:
Website: www.authorcaseybond.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorcaseybond
Twitter & Instagram: @authorcaseybond

Available
“pressed them hard enough into the straight and narrow line. It was how prejudice and ignorance were perpetuated through the generations.” 0 likes