Start by marking “Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life” as Want to Read:
Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life

Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life

Marie Kondo, author of the worldwide #1 bestseller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and organizational psychologist Scott Sonenshein team up to bring joy to work.

The workplace is a magnet for clutter and mess. Who hasn't felt drained by wasteful meetings, disorganized papers, endless emails, and unnecessary tasks? These are the modern-day hazards of working, and they
Expected publication: April 7th 2020 by Little, Brown Spark

To ask other readers questions about Joy at Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joy at Work

Start your review of Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life
rachel ☾
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
i just got approved for Marie Kondo's newest book. i've well and truly Peaked

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Emily (FictionallyFloral)
Big thank you to Little, Brown and Company for the ARC!

Marie Kondo again writes a wholly accessible and applicable self-help book! Despite being a college student not yet in the professional scene, I still found the advice and tips helpful, especially within the realm of digital tidying up! I am someone who considers herself a bit like Marie, in that we both enjoy keeping only what (in my case, think) we need. This book helped me see that while yes, I may be able to find all my things rather
Cynthia
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Let me begin by saying that I am a proponent of the KonMari Method and I own Marie Kondo’s The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Spark Joy. Her method has worked incredibly well for me, tying nicely into my desire to life a simpler and more sustainable lifestyle. I was excited to hear about this new publication not only because I was interested on how I could apply her method to work, but also I’ve also always been interested in productivity and the field of organizational psychology (super ...more
Rachael | Booklist Queen
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Decluttering queen Marie Kondo takes on your work life

Decluttering queen Marie Kondo is back, helping you spark joy in your job. With organizational psychologist Scott Sonenshein, she tackles the decluttering process as it pertains to the workplace. Helping inspire you to tidy up your office, Kondo uses her KonMari method to show you that minimalism is just important at work as at home. Combined with organizing advice from Sonenshein to help you get to get your inbox in order and rework your
Cate
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like most books on work and improving your work life, it assumes you are the sole manager of your time and activities in the work place. Not only is that exclusively salaried white collar workers, it excludes whole industries such as healthcare and other clinical careers, as well as jobs with customer facing hours, not just independent office time. That's not so much a criticism of this book, as it is most books in this genre. Still, I will rate highly for those for whom it can apply.

This ARC
Stefanie
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved Marie Kondo's first book and was excited to read the follow up, focusing efforts on the office. I found her approach to tidying up at work simple but effective. I liked how things were broken down into physical tidiness, such as papers, but also covered less concrete aspects, like your email inbox. It was a good read for me to start off the new year and I've incorporated some suggestions already.
Kelly Faysash
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed Marie Kondo's previous book, you'll like this work-focused approach to tidying up. Her philosophy is the same: create a clutter-free, joy filled work environment and you will be happier. We all know that clutter and a messy desk can easily create a feeling of overwhelm and Marie breaks down how to apply her strategies to your office in order to create a more pleasant and peaceful working experience. Quick read with actionable steps!
Katie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Thank you to NetGalley and Little, Brown and Company for an advanced copy of this book.

Marie Kondo's enthusiasm for sparking joy is contagious. Her latest effort focuses on joy in the workplace and her advice is easily transferable to other workspaces around one's home. Her method and theory remains the same: it's easier to feel joy when you find the sweet spot of tidiness that works for you and we all benefit from efforts to surround ourselves with things we love.

There's a lot of practical
Irene
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Joy at Work by Marie Kondo. Explores the hows and whys in keeping a tidy office environment. Many useful ideas for organization. Ms Kondo has written another winning book.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and NetGalley for the opportunity to preview the book.
Chrystal
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'll be using many of these techniques in my new career path at work. I've flagged and noted quite a few sections that will help me out.
Kai Jiang

• Clever Girl Finance: Ditch Debt, Save Money and Build Real Wealth
  • The Dilemma
  • Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World
  • The Joy of Missing Out: Live More by Doing Less
  • Mind Over Weight: Curb Cravings, Find Motivation, and Hit Your Number in 7 Simple Steps
  • YouMap: Find Yourself. Blaze Your Path. Show the World!
  • An (Almost) Zero-Waste Life: Learning How to Embrace Less to Live More
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Who Speaks for the Damned (Sebastian St. Cyr, #15)
  • Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • Thicker than Blood (Zoe Bentley Mystery #3)
  • The Mother Code
  • Home Is Where You Make It: DIY Ideas  Styling Secrets to Create a Home You Love, Whether You Rent or Own
  • The Human Son
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
Marie Kondo (近藤 麻理恵) is a Japanese organizing consultant and author. Kondo's method of organizing is known as the KonMari Method, and one of the main principles is keeping only possessions which "spark joy."

Kondo's best-seller The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing has been published in more than 30 countries.

She was listed as one of the world's 100