Start by marking “The Highlanders” as Want to Read:
The Highlanders

The Highlanders

Never underestimate the heart of a Highlander.

Night Fox

After the failed Jacobite Rebellion of 1715, war-weary Deven McLendon returns home to discover a thief creating chaos on his lands. But this thief isn't like any other. When Rooney Corsen sets out to steal jewels to repay her family’s debts and keep a roof over her little sisters’ heads, never does she imagine snagging
Published November 15th 2019 by Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas (first published November 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Highlanders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Highlanders

Start your review of The Highlanders
Paula Shreckhise
The Highlanders is a collection of novellas by four authors.
NIGHT FOX by J’nell Ciesielski. The Night Fox steals from the rich to pay the unjust debts her gambling father left. Who could it be? Deven McLendon is newly returned from the war and seeks to restore his family’s property but encounters a rogue— the Night Fox. Will things change when he finds out the Fox’s identity? Deftly written hero and heroine and a dastardly villain. All in a wonderful historical Scottish setting. Great fun!
A
Abby Breuklander
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love love and love this collection!! Sometimes in life we have to go through the absolute worst things imaginable, but going through can bring about the most unexpected blessings. It's never fun in the middle of the situation, but when we look back someday all the signs of God's love and faithfulness will be right there, unmistakable. We just have to hang in there, no matter how long it takes.
Betti
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in this world, ‘tis that things are not always as they seem. We need only to look past the surface to find the truth. - Rooney - Night Fox

Night Fox highlights the statement I quoted above - things certainly weren’t the way they seemed on the surface. With robbery, pilfering and looting, one could have made negative conclusions on the moral character of Night Fox, but how wrong you would have been!

A Tender Siege brings two folks together that have been injured in
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
See full review at: https://joyofreadingweb.wordpress.com...

I enjoyed my time reading this fun collection of stories, each with its own braw Scottish Highlander! From a mysterious thief causing chaos and keeping the local laird on his toes, a wounded soldier who faces his past in the most unlikely of places, a young man who's life is richly blessed by unexpected changes and a homesick highlander with a secret so deep it will take a tender heart to help him open up and move beyond his past.

If
Jennifer K
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this romantic novella collection. I appreciated the different aspects of Scottish history and culture throughout these entertaining stories. I started reading because I am a fan of J’nell Ciesielski’s writing and I was thrilled with her contribution. Then I continued and discovered three new worthy authors. I found wonderful characters and story lines within these pages. Since it is a busy season, the novella length was perfect for me to be able to enjoy a great story in a short ...more
Cindy Huff
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This collection of novellas is not your typical Laird of the manor stories. Instead the common Scot takes the spotlight. All four heroes are every bit as appealing as the Scottish nobleman. The time setting for this collection ranges from the French and Indian war to the early 1900s. Historical research is evident in each tale. Grab a warm drink, your cozy blankie and enjoy four Highlanders and their lady loves.
Joan Arning
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this collection of stories about Highlanders at various locations!
Night Fox: Rooney Corsen is responsible for her two younger sisters after their parents' deaths and resorts to stealing from rich people! Rooney is thought to be a male and is called the Night Fox. Laird Devon McLendon returns home from the Jacobite Rebellion determined to catch and punish Night Fox until he discovers who Night Fox really is!

A Tender Siege: Lachlan McRea is wounded in a battle on American soil and found
Micheal Taylor
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Triumph through adversity

This is a story of triumph through outside trouble (loosing fingers) as well as personal demons. First, he had to overcome losing fingers in order to play and then fear of boats and survivors guilt. This was accomplished by the trust and love of the woman sent by God to be his helpmeet.
Deborah Westfall
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Totally enjoyable!

Really enjoyed these stories from The Highlands. These stories "fit the bill" for clean, historical Christian fiction readers. Look forward to more such stories!
andrea
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

This is a compilation of short stories that were enjoyable to read. I like a good story so part of me wishes they would have gone on, but then they wouldn’t have been my lunch escape from work.
Jeanne Alfveby Crea
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scotland has recently been put on my bucket list, so naturally, I pre-ordered this collection of Highlander novellas. I really enjoyed the stories and discovered some new-to-me authors in the process!
Carol Guthrie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first story in the collection was not my favorite, but I enjoyed the book as a whole!
Peni
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, anthology
Please see individual stories for review.
Sally Spoelstra
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
All well written stories

These were all very enjoyable stories. Light romances without sexual scenes. Very refreshing. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Kathleen Rouser
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These four sweet historical romances all boast Scottish heroes in a variety of settings. Whether laird or lumberjack, contractor or soldier each one must overcome formidable obstacles to win the heart of his bonnie lass. Each of the four authors did a wonderful job coming up with very different characters. These aren’t cookie-cutter romances, but individual stories of people in difficult circumstances, trying to forge a better future despite the troubles that follow them from the past. Novellas ...more
Jean Holtof
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent collection of short stories with varying themes involving Highlanders. Four very different stories, each depicting the challenges that face these Highland men. I enjoyed each of the writing styles and loved the plots that were creative and imaginative. Thanks for the pleasurable read.
PAMpublish
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four Scottish Historical romances by different authors representing different settings and eras compiled into one book. Clean, sweet, and inspiring, all with a happy ending, perfect for those who enjoy a variety of novellas in this genre.
Terri Peer
Dec 08, 2019
Christine Manders
Nov 29, 2019
Jennifer Leo
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • A Match for Emma (Mitchell's Crossroads #3)
  • Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Forever, Lately
  • This Healing Journey (Heart of the Mountains, #7)
  • Murder in the Family
  • Fall Flip
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • Take My Place (Baxter Boys, #0.5)
  • A Rifle By The Door
  • Christmas at Whitefriars
  • The Witness Tree
  • The Hope of Christmas Past
  • Wagon Train Baby (Love on the Santa Fe Trail #1)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • Dangerous Ground (Peril in the Park, #2)
  • P.S. Goodbye (Restoring Heritage #0.5)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
With a passion for heart-stopping adventure and sweeping love stories, J’nell Ciesielski weaves fresh takes into romances of times gone by. When not creating dashing heroes and daring heroines, she can be found dreaming of Scotland, indulging in chocolate of any kind, or watching old black and white movies. Winner of the Romance Through the Ages and the Maggie Award, she is a Florida native who ...more