Start by marking “The Moon Eater: Gold Book One” as Want to Read:
The Moon Eater: Gold Book One

The Moon Eater: Gold Book One

Modern-day London.The city of dark streets and mysterious happenings...And also the home of the half-werewolf assassin, Gold. If anything goes bump in the night, then it would definitely be this sugar obsessed, mask-wearing, hitman. He has a flare for the occult and an ear for classical music, but by day, the mortals know him as that 'sweet young baker that makes those ...more
Published August 19th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about The Moon Eater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Moon Eater

Start your review of The Moon Eater: Gold Book One
Kyle
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Many thanks to NetGalley and Cameron Publicity & Marketing Ltd. for providing me with this copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was a tough one to rate...
I wish I knew when/if this series will continue, because I’m left with so many questions, and a feeling of having read something super bloated, but ultimately hollow. What I’m trying to say is this book is the literary equivalent of a balloon— a blood red one with an angry face drawn on it.

There was an issue with the pacing in this
Jessie Sedai of the Black Ajah
A solid start to a promising series that embraces the supernatural side of gritty crime drama. A fast-paced game of cat and mouse ensues between a werewolf hybrid serial killer and the rookie detective determined to bring his sister's killer to justice. Gold makes for a compelling protagonist in that he is as cunning as he is depraved - a sadistic cold, blooded killer that is hard to root for. The magic system involves blood magic and rune working interwoven into the plot in a way that is unique ...more
Bookaholic
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Moon Eater: Gold Book One by I.M.Bones is a fast-paced, horror, blood-curdling novel for young adult. With a modern-day penny dreadful vibe, it is something that is fun and uniquely dark.

You can find this review as well as my other reviews on:

‘‘The value of your own life is your own death.
It’s a perfect solution, a neat tidy bow for a messy thing called life.
I guess…I guess that’s why I laugh, and why I smile.
As I’m ripping out their throats and
Emily
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC.

This book is perfect for those who love diabolical, sarcastic villains and crime drama.

Curtis has a mission to find the infamous serial killer, Gold, who has been terrorizing London. Gold is a demon/creature with magical occult powers who by day is known as Silas, a normal 18 year old who runs his own very successful bakery. What no one knows is that Silas/Gold prefers blood to other food and has missions of his own. The book follows both as
Sam B
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this book 4.5 stars, rounded up to 5.

Well, where to start? I don’t normally read crime novels but the supernatural element of this book drew me in and I’m glad i gave it a chance! The novels centres around two characters. Silas/Gold, the werewolf assassin with a lot of bloodlust and Curtis, a young(ish) detective who is trying to solve his sister’s murder.

I really liked Gold most of the time. I found his character interesting and I hope that later novels explore how he became the way he
Sam B
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 4.5 stars, rounded up to 5.

Kera Gould
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a pretty cool ya crime drama/murder mystery. The characters were different and interesting, though Curtis was a bit of a bore. I really enjoyed Gold, though. The family drama on both sides was an interesting dynamic. We had Curtis, a cop investigating the murder of his cop sister. And then we have Gold, the half wolf, and his weird family stuff.
There were some parts of this book that dragged on unnecessarily and that threw me off, but all in all, this was a really fun book!
I
Heather
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a little bit crime a little bit paranormal but overall a quick good read. I’m not normally a wolf kind of girl but the detective angle was quite good.

The only reason I wouldn’t give five stars is though the paranormal aspects were good, the human side was a little dragging. Some of the dialog went on for ages... but overall I’d recommend giving it a try.

Thank you. Note, I received an ARC In Exchange for an honest review.
Mira
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
A spirited debut featuring a seemingly innocent baker of delicious cupcakes and a bloodthirsty psychotic monster driven by demons! Add to this, a police procedural setting, a tragic sibling taking on an investigation close to home and some brutal fight scenes between super-powered monsters.

I. M. Bones first is saturated in bloody encounters and written from the perspective of both the hunter and the hunted..although perhaps those descriptions are interchangeable.

The world building exposition
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
A great horror, thriller, supernatural YA read, full of great characters, I loved the brothers so much and they kept me going when the story lagged a bit. An entertaining read. Needs a little work and could be even better.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Sally Maxwell
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I am having trouble with this review, I didn’t dislike or like this book, I could have quite happily put it down and not pick it back up.
I kept going, it was an ok read
Lamar
Aug 31, 2019
Blake
Sep 01, 2019
I.M. Bones
Sep 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rosemary Hughes
Nov 29, 2019
Maddy
Dec 01, 2019

• The Mother Code
  • The Dark Isle (Sam Coyle Trilogy, #3)
  • Hearts of Magic
  • Lord of Horses: A Gothic Scottish Fairy Tale (Bright Spear Trilogy Book 2)
  • His Unexpected Mate
  • The Wolf and the Sparrow
  • Kinghood (The Fourpointe Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Dream House
  • The Lonely Ones
  • Legacy of Light
  • Toy Story
  • Filthy Gods (American Gods, #0.5)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • The Bloodletters
  • Adore (On My Knees Duet #2)
  • Not Even Bones (Market of Monsters, #1)
  • Of Bitter Herbs and Sweet Confections