Start by marking “She's the One (Castile Family, #4)” as Want to Read:
She's the One (Castile Family, #4)

She's the One

(Castile Family #4)

Whenever her friends talk about the hot guys on campus, Maisie is bored. Not only does she not find these particular guys are hot, she’s beginning to realize that she doesn’t think men are attractive in general. Besides, she has more important things to do than chase after men such as gaining the friendship of Star.

Star's a brilliant, intriguing, captivating girl who
Kindle Edition
Published November 1st 2019 (first published September 9th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about She's the One, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of She's the One (Castile Family, #4)
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, lgtb, romance, na, ugh
I would like to imagine that, with time and way more pages, this could've been a really good story. And don't get me wrong, I liked it but it was read more like a fanfic than a short story.

I'm okay with insta-whatever if there's more to it than that but this one was not the case at all. There was no exploration, no tough calls, no grow.

It was a good idea overall but the execution was very poorly done.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

This was a super sexy, sweet, and coming of age lesbian novella. Maise and Star meet after an accidental shirt tearing moment. I really liked this story so much that I rushed to get Star's brother's and Maise's bff's story.

This specific video review will be included in the September 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.

(Review may be edited at a later date)
Elizabeth Neal
Star has always known who she is and been comfortable with it. Maisie, on the other hand, only knows that she isn't interested in what other girls her age are...boys. But she's never understood why, until she bumps into Star.

Maisie is unsure of what it all means, though she's curious to find out. Will Star help her explore that? Is this just a phase or has Maisie finally discovered who she truly is? Is this new path one Maisie will struggle to adapt to? Or will she realize with the right person
mahana
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I enter f/f books written by authors who typically write m/f with trepidation because I'm almost always let down, but I really didn't mind this one! It's definitely not the most well-written novella, with a lot of disjointed phrasing and insta-love (making it a really underdeveloped romance), but it was just really cute and perfect for the slump I'm in at the moment. Frankly, it was like an m/f NA romance but with lesbians, especially with the considerable lack of homophobia (including ...more
Rochelle
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rmr
This was a really good read. This is a F/F story and I have to say that I was not disappointed. I don't normally read this type of romance but it was a nice change to my usual type. I really enjoyed this book. Star and Maisie were such a great couple. Maisie wasn't sure why she didn't feel the same about hot guys the way her friends do but when she sees Star, she starts to realize why. She starts out as friends to Star because she was scared of her feelings and she wasn't sure if Star possibly ...more
Lynn Thinking out loud
To be honest I almost didn't read this. In just not into FF romance. But I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. These ladies have the funniest dialogue. They are so sweet and loving to each other and everyone around them.
I read an advanced copy of this book.
Sandy Nikolas
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve never read a FF book before, but come on it’s Ella! The usual super steamy and insta-Love prevails. Maisie and Star are great together and have hot chemistry. Completely safe and as usual a great HEA.
Emily
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. Mostly I was glad to see FF getting a story. Most of the books are MM in the LGBT department. It seems like it anyway. The narration was a little distracting, but overall a good storyline.
Darlene I read to many boooks
AvidReader
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cute story!
This was my first F/F love story. I loved Maisie and star. They were perfect together.
No agnst but it had certain depth. I loved Maisie’s roommate Dally and star’s brother Mack.
Recommended.
Amyb1975
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Why would you ever date a guy when there are all these cute girls around?”

Loved this story about Star and Maisey. I haven't read many f/f books but Ella Goode did a great job. I felt the connection between the two MC's even though the book was a little on the shorter side.
-both virgins
-safe
-no OW/OM drama
-dual POV
If you like f/f books, grab this up for an enjoyable quick read.
April Symes
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is an insta-love F/F come of age romance between Maisie and Star. It's a sweet and funny romance novella read. I will be honest and say, it's not my cup of tea but the writing is good and the characters are real, funny and sweet. The heat level is a bit steamy. Its a short novella but has a good HEA.

My Rating: 4.2 stars *******
phoebess
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
It's been a while since I read a FF romance, since it's not my preferred subgenre when it comes to LGBT novels... and Ella Goode hadn't disappointed with her take on alpha-female.
It was quite a good read.
Carissa
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I listened to the professionally narrated audiobook on the Read Me Romance Podcast for FREE!

Read Me Romance FREE Audiobooks https://bit.ly/2PzD65g

Listen for FREE here:
iTunes http://geni.us/A888vRA
Google Play http://geni.us/7lB4UBK
Stitcher https://bit.ly/2yX2zeH
Anna Banana
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt-reads, f-f

Really cute! I really liked all the characters and even though it was short and kinda insta-lovey, it really worked in the story and didn't make me roll my eyes once. Also really need to read Mack and Dally's story now!
K D
This was a sweet insta love romance between two women in college. I wish that the story wasn't forced into the read me romance format imitations but then again all these are intended to be teasers to introduce you to authors.
Camille
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
So reading this was almost like reading a hetero book minus penises. I mean, Star’s “voice” was basically the guy. It was sweet but short. More character development would have helped.
Kate V
Sep 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I listened to this on Read Me Romance. This is my first F/F and it was definitely insta love. It was cute.
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: virgin, college-love, f-f
I'm not usually into reading FF books. But when with Ella Goode I'm always willing to give anything a go.

Star is part of the Castile family. They've all been known to go for what they want and when it doesn't come to them they work harder to get it. Star's always been comfortable with her sexuality and has never hidden it, not even from her family. When she first claps eyes on Maisie she experiences feelings she's never felt before. But in Maisie, Star sees innocence that she wants to protect as
Kelly
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Listened on the RMR Podcast! Funny college romance (my 1st F/F).
Liz L.
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read!

I’ve been a fan of Ella Goode for some time and have truly enjoyed her reads. When I noticed she wrote a f/f romance I was intrigued. Given how much I loved her other romances I thought I’d give it a chance. And I’m glad I did. It was sweet, romantic and steamy. I just loved the way Star and Maisie we’re into each other. I wish the book was a tad longer because it really had the potential of being a full length with more tension, and more getting to know each other and such. It is a
Leslee
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gotta confess, this was my first FF read and I picked it up because it was written by the magnificent Ella Goode. She fills her stories with love, affection, passion and romance. I knew that she would do the same in She's the One and I was not disappointed. Maisie is a pretty girl but she doesn't see it. She is baffled by guys being attracted to her, their attention leaves her cold. What does attract her notice is the beautiful purple-haired goddess Star. She makes Maisie feel things that she ...more
Karin Gesell
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maisie is a natural beauty, inside and out. All the guys practically fall over each other to get to her, or get noticed by her. But she doesn’t see them or feel the same. The only one who really intrigued her is Star, who’s always off by herself doing her own thing. When she comes face to face with Star, who happens to mention she’d rather girls over boys, something clicks inside of Maisie. Both beauties kinda long for the other silently, but when they finally let their guard down, love is in ...more
Elysian Fields
Shelves: arcs
She’s the One is a FF story that hits all the marks. It is an insta-love, sweet, double virgin love story that makes the readers swoon. I loved that this author made these two perfect for each other and I was excited to see them get their HEA. This story was on the sweeter side, therefore as a bit less heat then the author’s previous books but no less heart! I liked that one of the characters didn’t have any experience with another female until she meet her love, it makes me believe that in life ...more
Christi Fowler
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Title: She’s the One
Author: Ella Goode
Format: Audio
Narrator: Lori Prince
Genre: Romance, NA, F/F, Double virgin
Standalone : yes
Part of a Series: Star is the daughter from Captured and her Brother is getting his own story which we see the start of in the epilogue
POV: Star and Maisie
Steam Level: Slow burn to steamy
3.5/5

I listened to this audiobook on the Read Me Romance podcast. This is the first F/F book I’ve read and I’m of mixed mind with this novella. First the story is good, well-written and
Phoebe
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everyone wants Maisie’s attention, except for the one person she is watching: Star.

Maisie is beautiful and always has been. The boys have always fallen all over her, but she has never been interested. If anything, they have always been an annoyance to her. She knows she is pretty, but she knows that she had nothing to do with it. The boys do not really see her, they just see the outside of her.

Look at Star though, she sits where Maisie wants to sit. She ignores the world going on around her.
Poetic Puppy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the third Elle Goode book I’ve read, or rather listened to, and much like the others it’s a little lacking in substance. I like a story with ups and downs. I enjoy the emotional rollercoaster and I’m beginning to think that that’s just not Elle’s style. Don’t get me wrong, this is a lovely story, I just wanted a little more excitement.

So what are you getting? A wonderful F/F story where two young women learn what it is to love and be loved. For Maisie there’s also the all-important
Babel
I enjoyed how cute this short story is.

I wasn't so sure about F/F romance, but this author is a must for me as she writes so sweetly. Giving it a try, I found a very engaging and funny vibe as one of the female characters is struggling with everyone around her finding men so hot when she can't.

The dialogues are hilarious. Then, she feels drawn towards this other charismatic female character and thinks she is beyond her grasp. It is endearing to see that is not the case. And I loved that Maisy
Christie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I listened to this book on the Read Me Romance podcast and as it's the first female/female book I've ever read, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this!

Maisie is a college student with no sexual experience. She's beautiful and always has male attention, though she realises that Star, a mysterious and artistic female student, is the one she is interested in.

The relationship between Star and Maisie was so sweet and their connection felt very genuine and believable. I also loved Maisie's
Kate
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read Me Romance

Easy to listen to, this novella is an honest, funny, insta-love, coming-of-age / sexual awakening story that won’t bog you down in unnecessary drama and details.

It will (if you’re anything like me) put a smile on your dial, a flutter in your heart and tingle in your lady-business! (Sure, I’m techo straight IRL, but TBH, my romance-reading-erotic-book-loving-vagina is a queer motherfucker and she likes what she likes. )

Totally clicked Mac & Dally’s book...and not just because

• The Loner's Lady
  • Ride a Rancher: Ranchers Only Series
  • Something About a Hot Guy
  • Textin' Up My Heart
  • Smolder (Guardian Protection, #2.5)
  • Mafia Cinderella
  • Tempt the Ex (Tempt, #2.5)
  • I'm Yours, Baby (Yeah, Baby, #5)
  • Balls Out
  • Baby, I Do: A Vegas, Baby Novella
  • Find Her
  • His Mimosa (The Cocktail Girls)

Castile Family (5 books)