Start by marking “Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3” as Want to Read:
Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3

Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3

Once upon a time, a group of authors wondered… What if the Heart2Heart app -- the dating app with a glitch that matched up the oddest, most perfect couples, and sponsored the charity date raffles that helped dozens of people find love -- offered a classifieds section, too?

Need a handyman who knows how to wear a tool belt? Have a closet of drag costumes that needs a new
Published October 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Heart2Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart2Heart

Start your review of Heart2Heart: A Charity Anthology, Volume 3
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I bought this anthology to read the stories by Annabeth Albert, Lily Morton, Lucy Lennox, and Sloane Kennedy.

Lily Morton's story was the standout for me!

3.3 average rating, but I'm rounding up because three of the stories I read were fantastic. I may read more in the future.

The Date
by Annabeth Albert
~4~

I loved the juxtaposition of awkward foodie and tough Marine. I consider myself a wannabe, amateur foodie, so all the talk of food was fun. Appearances to the contrary, Xavier and Damien had a
Trio
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, arc-r2r
The Closet, Part 1 by Eden Finley
3 Stars

Creative story. Very interesting characters and I enjoyed how this one gets to the conclusion.

The Book by Aimee Nicole Walker
3 Stars
I like the premise, the execution is what I expect from Aimee Nicole Walker. Sorry that doesn’t tell you more...

The Date by Annabeth Albert
4 Stars

Nobody can create stronger characters who form a more compelling bond, in so few pages. Annabeth Albert writes the best shorts. Super fun premise, and a total opposites attract
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderful selection of short stories

As with most Anthologies, this was a mixed bag. My ratings on each book are based on my own personal enjoyment factor...
Book 1. The Closet (part 1). Eden Finley
“It could be like Craiglist but gayer”.
The dating app Heart2Heart is up, running and blooming!
Let’s meet who’s signing up.....
Book 2. The Book. Aimee Nicole Walker
Fabulous Books for Queens and Queers, needs to apologise. Will they find that missing customer and make things right? 3*
Book 3. The
Ele
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The Closet by Eden Finley- 2.5 stars

The Book by Aimee Nicole Walker- 2 stars

The Date by Annabeth Albert- 3 stars

The Yarn Wrangler by Charlie Cochet- 1 star and DNF halfway through. And I rarely rate the stories I DNF.

Dork Lord by Damon Suede- 2 stars

The Top Shelf by Hailey Turner- 3 stars

The Family Reunion by K.M. Neuhold- 2 stars

The Last Drop by Layla Reyne- 3.5 stars

The Dog Walker by Lily Morton - 3 stars

The Treehouse by Lucy Lennox- 3.5 stars

The Restoration by Mary Calmes - 4.5 stars (?!)

Renée

The Helping Hand by Nora Phoenix - 3 stars

Cadiva
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
After the slight disappointment with the second volume of this charity fund-raising anthology, I have to say I was apprehensive going into this one.

But, it's an absolute triumph and, imho, even better than the brilliant first volume in the series. Sixteen top-quality short stories which, while they only really concentrate on the initial "meet/cute" part of the romances, still manage to give the reader a fully fleshed out story full of feels.

My favourites were those by:

Lily Morton (who else),
W.
A Bundle of Hot and Funny Short Stories for the Benefit of Worthy Causes.

I read all the stories , some I liked more than others. However, all have a common denominator Love is Love and it should be celebrated and protected .
Review of: Dork Lord by Damon Suede
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Gonad, The Dork Lord description
Dork Lord is a fast-paced, quirky, hilariously funny novella size story.
I was entertained by the snarky banter, dorky dialogue and spicy inner thoughts of the MC . Fell in love with Josh
Rachel
Anthology Favorites:

The Last Drop by Layla Reyne- 5 stars

The Dog Walker by Lily Morton - 5 stars

The Treehouse by Lucy Lennox- 4 stars
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I enjoyed most of these stories. Even if I hadn’t, the proceeds going to charity makes it more than worth the price.
Athira
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Had a lot of fun reading this anthology. Lots of amazing stories from my favourite authors and a few authors I've never read before.

The Closet part 1&2 by Eden Finley 5 stars
Loved this! David and Kable are adorable!
This is just a beginning and I hope the author continues the story. It's a story of self discovery. Also loved Adam!
Warning: homophobia

The book by Aimee Nichole Walker 4 stars
Gideon and Evan are very cute! It's a common trope but very nicely executed! Insecure MC becoming
Gustaf Mtz Amador
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The closet book 1 & 2 by Eden Finley
Lovable story.

The book by Aimee Nicole Walker
Very typical story. Opposites attracts. Great chemistry between the MC’s.

The date by Annabeth Albert
One of my favorite stories. Great MC’s, great writing, great everything.

The yarn wrangler by Charlie Cochet
Hilarious and adorable. Absolutely loved it.

Dork Lord by Damon Suede
I didn’t understand this story at all... everything went straight over my head.

The top shelf by Hailey Turner
Hot! Hot!
Leslie
**All proceeds from this collection will go to the authors’ favorite LGBTQ charities, to ensure that love in all its forms will be celebrated and protected every single day of the year!**

This was such a good collection of stories. My only complaint is that I wanted full length books for many of them!

I don't read short stories often but I wanted to read it this because it had stories from several of my favorite authors, plus the proceeds are going towards a good cause. I also figured it would
Shannon
What a great collection!
I'll be back with more thoughts on each individual story.
Jules Lovestoread
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fantastic collection! <3 Loved the concept. So much fun seeing how each author utilized the Heart2Heart ad. Such fabulous, entertaining stories - a mix from some of my current faves, and from authors I'm so glad I've finally had a chance to read!
See my full review here! http://www.thenovelapproachreviews.co...
SMJC
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was ok

Well, I didn't read all of them, but I do have some notes on the ones I did read. Let's just dive in ...

Finley - personally, I am not a fan of drag. Of course it's a personal choice, it's just not my thing. I also do not like when authors base their books in a specific country, yet use words/slang that is not used in said country. Which means, it was clear this author was Australian. I shouldn't have to have spotted that if the book is based in the US, just saying.

Walker - it was cute.
Denise
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
How did I manage to miss the previous two of these??
Loved the premise that ties the whole anthology together and very much enjoyed most of these stories.
Favourite: "The Treehouse" by Lucy Lennox
Least Favourite: "The Restoration" by Mary Calmes
Mercedes
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyed the most the stories by Calmes and Archer.
KerriLee
Oct 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Read a few stories by authors I do like and sampled a few more. Nothing really bowled me over. I don’t think anthologies are for me.
Grace
3.5 rounded down

Pleasantly surprised by how much I overall enjoyed this one! Much stronger than the volume 2 anthology, which I think might partially because the concept here of the classified ads was a little more freeing in terms of ideas.

The Closet pt 1 & 2 by Eden Finley: 4 stars
Really sweet concept, and super hot! Though I don't know that the bookmarking idea for the anthology is really necessary, and I did find the break between the two parts of the story to be distracting.

The Book by
Carrie
4/5 overall, not as good as the first volume, better than the second. My favorites were Sloane Kennedy's, Layla Reyne's, and May Archer's. And as usual my tags are longer than the review.

The Closet part 1 by Eden Finley
white collar, drag queens

The Book by Aimee Nicole Walker
4/5

Cincinnati, Ohio

The Date by Annabeth Albert
4/5

Valentine’s Day; Portland, Ore.; Military (Marine); I/M (African American/White); Journalist

The Yarn Wrangler by Charlie Cochet
3/5

Too short for much chemistry building, and
Marlobo

The Vase by May Archer - 3.5 stars

The Helping Hand by
Lori
Oct 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Before I say anything about the actual book, I just wanted to say that I think this was a great idea and I appreciate everyone who gave their time for charity.

As far as the the stories go, they were mostly ok, some really good and a couple really not. I think I I am just not one for most short stories. I just can't really get into them and sometimes even great, well-established authors are not that great at the concept. That being said I am glad that I could read so they are able to give a
Tori

The Vase by May Archer - DNF

The Helping Hand by Nora Phoenix - 4 stars

gimmethosebooks
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
see book updates for ratings

best one yet
Desiree
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not all the shorts were 5ers, but enough were amazing that, with the addition of the charity focus, this was an easy rating for me. ...more
Jeananna
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read and loved the Aimee Nicole Walker story!
namericanwordcat
So many good stories here! I have enjoyed every story and there is so many of them. For a good cause and really good reading,
Becky
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m still making my way through but I’ll update as I go - overall, easy 5 stars from me for the awesomeness that is this book and series, even if I didn’t quite mesh with all of them.

Lucy Lennox - The Treehouse 5/5
Simply charming, packs a lot of genuine emotion in a small number of pages

Sloane Kennedy - The Wrong Guy 4.5/5
A little angsty/piney tale, beautifully written

May Archer - The Vase 3/5
Cute tale - they went at it a bit quick for my liking in the bed of a truck in a woman’s garage they
Sabella
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a collection of stories by multiple authors and there is something for everyone. Even if you don't know all the authors, you should definitely get it and don't be surprised if you find yourself with a few new favorites.

The Closet by Eden Finley
Part One simply sets up what will be happening throughout the book with a classified ad looking for help through Heart2Heart. Kable has been left a house by his uncle Brian that he was told had moved away when he was young. In reality, his
Denise GremoryKohta
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!!

This will be a bit long but it’s necessary. It’s well known that I love anthologies and this one is packed with great authors. And it’s for charity. Brilliant from concept to story and all the steps between.
We start off with The Closet Part One by Eden Finley. Right off the bat I’m hooked in and my heart goes out to the characters, well not so much Adam lol. I’m anxious to read more but I will be patient until the end.
Aimee Nicole Walker is a favorite of mine and her story The
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Fake Boyfriend Breakaways (Fake Boyfriend #2.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity, #1)
  • Rushing In (Ace's Wild, #3)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Spreadsheets (Ace's Wild #8)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
  • Boys & Toys (Ace's Wild #9)
  • Science & Jockstraps (Ace's Wild, #1)
  • Reunion (Ace's Wild #7)
  • Final Play (Fake Boyfriend #6)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Loosen Up (Ace's Wild, #5)
  • All for Wesley (Pineapple Grove #2)
  • Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Stick to the Script (Ace's Wild, #13)
  • Stick and Poke (Irons and Works, #5)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.