Start by marking “Claiming Bite” as Want to Read:
Claiming Bite

Claiming Bite

What if the one thing you wanted most was forbidden?

Alpha werewolf King Howler seems to have everything he could want: power, wealth, and his own club where he can act out his dominant fantasies. But the one thing he lacks is his fated mate.

Shy loner Emerson has always craved submission, not to another human—to a shifter. Handing over control to anyone could be dangero
Published September 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Bite

Rachel Emily
4.5 stars rounded up.

Hello sexy werewolf BDSM! Silvia is always great with the kinky shifter stories, and this new series is off to a great start with this story.

King is a wolf shifter and is the leader of his pack and also a leader for the other shifters. He's an alpha through and through, controlling, demanding, and stern. The last thing he expects is to discover that he has a mate - and a human one at that. I actually loved that the shifters are very animalistic. King is frequently on the ed
P Leslie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifters, arc-review
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

King was controlling, dominant and stubborn and at times a little overbearing. There were times I thought that King would never get his head out of his rear end.

Emerson lived on the edge, as he went head to head with King and was more than happy to live with the consequences.

King and Emerson had great chemistry. The BDSM element in the book consisted of: spanking, flogging, chastity cage, bondage and edging.
Megan
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Not your average shifter love story, Emerson and King muddle through finding their path forward together amidst all the conflict and tension between them and between King and the shifter community. I can't say this was truly effective because quite a few things were lacking, but there were some highlights here. Side characters are a great draw, as is the potential for the world the story is set in and I wish there were enough between King and Emerson to back it all up because there were some awe ...more
❤Sharonica-Logic❤

Page Count: 226p.
SteaMMy Swordplay: 4 out of 5⚔
Sharonica-Stars: 4.5 out of 5✨

MMy Thoughts and Review:

Once upon a time there was a Kinky King 👑...
Ahhh...nothing says, "I enjoyed the f#ck out of that book," like knowingly wearing a smile at the end from all the feels.

The Story is a simple love story. What makes it readable, enjoyable, a
John-Torleif  Harris
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A disappointment

I found the BDSM part of this story to be disappointing. King was supposed to be this completely hardass Dom who demanded strict obedience - but the description just didn't match the reality. This book took place over several weeks, if not months (time isn't exactly clear), and there was only the merest token of a hint of Emerson being trained in anything, as a submissive. We got a couple of random spankings, orgasm denial, and an edging session that was supposed to last hours an
LeeBee
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the story of King Howler who is the leader of his pack and is trying to quietly move his more shady business dealings into the light. This is met with resistance from the other shifter packs and causes him to be a bit wary of others.
One night Emerson walks into his shifter bar and gets wasted. King is made aware of his presence as he is the subject of a few shifters wanting to do naughty things with him.
King recognises his fated one at first sight. Unfortunately it is not so obvious to
Faye Kennedy
💖 🔥🔥 When I read the blurb of this I knew I had to read it. A super great start as a human is entered a shiftier club that he wasn't aloud in. Mine, Protect, Mate.. King's wolf knew what he wanted..
OMG hot hot scenes including knotting.. King was a true Alpha Dom who liked the pleasure and pain in scenes and controlling his Sub. Danger was around and a secret had to be kept from Emerson for his safety. I loved Emerson's character as he wasn't put off going after his Dom even through he was afrai
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
I really enjoyed reading this fascinating MM shifter romance & sincerely hope this is the first book in a new series. I found the story-line & plot quite interesting with a different approach to the shifter/human relationship. The main characters are fairly well-developed with a variety of traits & different sides to their individual personalities. There is good support from the secondary characters.
There is: a dominant but rather solitary alpha werewolf (King) has everything he ever
Lilly
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
🌟 🌟 3.5 🌟🌟

***I didn’t read this as a bdsm book, King was a bossy guy, not a Dom***

Emerson sneaks into a shifter club and gets himself into a hairy situation with some lion shifters. The wolves come to his rescue and so Emerson meets his mate. King, a Dom, is hesitant to play with a human, afraid he’d hurt him. The story arc over his getting over that concern and Emerson learning more about the lifestyle he wants to pursue.

While the work on their relationship, trouble finds them by way of the lio
Rachwithheadinabook
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

Take one stubborn, controlling, dominating, overbearing werewolf who wants to take shifters legitimate as the head of an unofficial shifter council And you have King, one of the main characters of this new BDSM shifter series by Sylvia Violet.

Emerson is human and has been interested in shifters and being dominated for most of his life, when he turns up at Kings club drunk, he has no idea how much his life will change.

I spent most of this book wanting to slap King upside the head, as he could
Amanda
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
King did not expect to find his mate in a sometimes bratty, submissive human, but fate hands him Emerson when he least expects it. I like the chemistry between the two, though I wanted to throttle King at times. He is a Dom, but Emerson does not take his controlling ways outside the bedroom - which I loved. King needs a mate who would challenge him and keep him grounded, and Emerson needs a shifter he can trust who can dominate him in the bedroom but allow him to stand next to him outside it. I’ ...more
Patricia Nelson
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take one VERY stubborn, bossy, and arrogant dom wolf shifter, an even more stubborn human sub who knows what he wants, helpful pack members, fated mates, and a determined lion pride out to cause chaos. Add danger, misunderstandings, and five alarm flaming hot kinky sex guaranteed to set your ereader on fire, and you get this fantastic and definitely different twist on the standard shifter storyline.
Esther Alayeto
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story and it's incredibly HOT!! Make sure you have a fan handy. King and Emerson are wonderful characters and their chemistry sizzles right off the pages. Emerson is the perfect submissive and mate for King no matter how much King tries to resist. I loved watching them grow closer and seeing Emerson weave his way into King's heart and life. Can't wait to read the stories of King's brothers. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
mrs sarah frost
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emerson craves the attention of shifters, while very drunk at a shifter club he gets hassled by a group of Lion shifters who would no doubt dominate him but may also kill him! Feeling a strong pull, owner and leader of the pack King rescues him. Why has King got this instant need to protect him, is he his fated mate?
I loved the way that even though Alpha King is a controlling, stubborn, dominate shifter who could easily harm Emerson, Emerson can bring him to his knees, literally lol!
There are a
Kaila
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
parts of this was slow for me.. im not sure why.. like it started soo fast paced and interesting.. then i got a bit lost somewhere.. and then it picked back up.. i did enjoy it though.. the characters were interesting and it mostly kept me going.. i liked it and cant wait to see what is next by this author.
Mrs.V
Shelves: arc
A werewolf Dom , his human fated mate, lots of kink and a shifter war...
Silvia Violet's writing is always amazing and this book was so good, with the wolves' Alpha, king, finding his fated mate in Emerson, a submissive human.
The sex scenes are incredibly hot and the plot is really interesting, with King fighting to take hold of the shifter's council while protecting his family and his mate.
kathleen
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who knew I needed a kinky, sexy werewolf ! Sylvia Violet gives the readers quite the story with Claiming Bite.
King is controlling, dominant and stubborn. Emerson is his perfect for him, submissive mate. The dynamics between these two are hot, sexy and sweet!
I'm looking forward to the next book!
ML
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you love impossible relationships or hot chemistry? If you do this is the book for you!

Emerson and King should not match up but when together,they are like a key in a lock. It’s perfect. The relationship seems doomed but in real Sylvia fashion the story resolves itself and you get an epic HEA.
I already know I’m going to love this series!
Bring on book 2!
Aerielle
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shifters, steamy chemistry and kink...what’s not to love....
I really liked Emerson....while submissive he knew what he wanted. It took me a bit to warm up to King...he was maybe a bit TOO alpha for my liking but by the end I was totally into these two as a couple. I can’t wait too see more from this series
Belinda Zamora
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed this story, at times it felt forced and rushed. I simply couldn't get into it. I have read previous works by this author and enjoyed them immensely.
This book just couldn't hold my attention
I found myself having to put it back down and keep trying to read it again.
The characters came off as one dimensional with no depth to them.
Mimi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Not to bad for the second time reading this author.

The world that she built was very different from the ones that I'm used to. For me this book was engaging even though King was a dick and needed Emerson to balance him out. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Howler clans adventures.
Szidi ☼
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC -

I have mixed feelings. I loved the first half but after a while it was boring and I just wanted it to end. Just read and felt nothing, and I hate it when i didn't feel anything.

The story was good and I loved King and Emerson, both were good character, but King was an idiot at times. I missed more erotica/romance, but I was happy to see the shifter scenes, I just love when I get shifter scenes in shifter books because that is what it's about. Give me all the shifting scenes with badass alp
Mim Crenshaw
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be very intriguing with the shifter/human; dominant/submissive aspect, especially with Emerson only wanting a shifter as an Dom. The author wrote this quite beautifully and drew me in to King's and Emerson's world individually and together. It was a very entertaining read.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Balgair Tod
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic book.

If you are looking for a great read, Claiming Bite, will fill the bill.

Silvia Violet is so talented and she out did herself this time.

I wish I could give her ten 🌟stars for this tale.

Highly recommended.
Samantha Foster
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I really liked. These are some intense shifters and so is the world. This book had angst, drama, action, love, family, and some super sexy, kinky scenes. Great read and I would definitely recommend.
Maria771
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story of King and Emerson. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Loved the characters and the chemistry between them. Loved the plot. Written wonderfully. Great great read. Can't wait for the next book.

I received this book as an Arc and I am reviewing it voluntarily.
Celine
Great story

This was a great story and a very interesting world setting.

I really liked King and Emerson. I loved the dynamic that develops between. It was raw, sexy, sweet and different than usual BDSM or shifter relationships.

Very very nice book. Can't wait to see what comes next
Mary A Walters
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Emerson and King are so hot!! Their chemistry is off the charts! I couldn’t stop reading this. Add some BDSM in and holy moly! It’s an incredible read. You will not be disappointed. I can’t wait for the next one.
Dutchgirl
In my opinion the mc's despite being fated mates missed a deeper connection. I didn't see/feel the attraction between them other than the rough sex scenes.
Elaine Gray
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
King is a leader of a wolf shifter pack. He's an alpha that's controlling, dominate, and stubborn. Emerson is human and is King's mate and love to be dominated. This book is romantic, sexy, and hot.
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long walks ...more