Start by marking “Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)

Claiming Bite

(Howler Brothers #1)

What if the one thing you wanted most was forbidden?

Alpha werewolf King Howler seems to have everything he could want: power, wealth, and his own club where he can act out his dominant fantasies. But the one thing he lacks is his fated mate.

Shy loner Emerson has always craved submission, not to another human—to a shifter. Handing over control to anyone could be
Published September 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Claiming Bite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming Bite

Start your review of Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)
Rachel Emily
4.5 stars rounded up.

Hello sexy werewolf BDSM! Silvia is always great with the kinky shifter stories, and this new series is off to a great start with this story.

King is a wolf shifter and is the leader of his pack and also a leader for the other shifters. He's an alpha through and through, controlling, demanding, and stern. The last thing he expects is to discover that he has a mate - and a human one at that. I actually loved that the shifters are very animalistic. King is frequently on the
Joyfully Jay
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Claiming Bite is a super sexy, kinky shifter story with some really nice world building. I enjoyed Violet’s take on the shifter world, as shifters are known to humans but have been mostly pushed into illegal enterprises. King comes from a powerful, incredibly wealthy shifter family, and he is trying to bring them, and all the shifters, to the right side of the law. But that plan is being met with resistance and King knows there are many who would like to take
Mimi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

Not to bad for the second time reading this author.

The world that she built was very different from the ones that I'm used to. For me this book was engaging even though King was a dick and needed Emerson to balance him out. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Howler clans adventures.
John-Torleif  Harris
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
A disappointment

I found the BDSM part of this story to be disappointing. King was supposed to be this completely hardass Dom who demanded strict obedience - but the description just didn't match the reality. This book took place over several weeks, if not months (time isn't exactly clear), and there was only the merest token of a hint of Emerson being trained in anything, as a submissive. We got a couple of random spankings, orgasm denial, and an edging session that was supposed to last hours
Kaila
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
parts of this was slow for me.. im not sure why.. like it started soo fast paced and interesting.. then i got a bit lost somewhere.. and then it picked back up.. i did enjoy it though.. the characters were interesting and it mostly kept me going.. i liked it and cant wait to see what is next by this author.
P Leslie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, arc-review, m-m
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one else's*

King was controlling, dominant and stubborn and at times a little overbearing. There were times I thought that King would never get his head out of his rear end.

Emerson lived on the edge, as he went head to head with King and was more than happy to live with the consequences.

King and Emerson had great chemistry. The BDSM element in the book consisted of: spanking, flogging, chastity cage, bondage and edging.
Dutchgirl
In my opinion the mc's despite being fated mates missed a deeper connection. I didn't see/feel the attraction between them other than the rough sex scenes.
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
I really enjoyed reading this fascinating MM shifter romance & sincerely hope this is the first book in a new series. I found the story-line & plot quite interesting with a different approach to the shifter/human relationship. The main characters are fairly well-developed with a variety of traits & different sides to their individual personalities. There is good support from the secondary characters.
There is: a dominant but rather solitary alpha werewolf (King) has everything he ever
Amanda
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars ...more
Theresa
Sep 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
King didn't walk his BDSM Dom talk. Emerson was a brat. Story became boring. DNF at 60%.
LeeBee
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the story of King Howler who is the leader of his pack and is trying to quietly move his more shady business dealings into the light. This is met with resistance from the other shifter packs and causes him to be a bit wary of others.
One night Emerson walks into his shifter bar and gets wasted. King is made aware of his presence as he is the subject of a few shifters wanting to do naughty things with him.
King recognises his fated one at first sight. Unfortunately it is not so obvious to
Megan
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Not your average shifter love story, Emerson and King muddle through finding their path forward together amidst all the conflict and tension between them and between King and the shifter community. I can't say this was truly effective because quite a few things were lacking, but there were some highlights here. Side characters are a great draw, as is the potential for the world the story is set in and I wish there were enough between King and Emerson to back it all up because there were some ...more
❤Sharonica-Logic❤

Page Count:226p.
SteaMMy Swordplay: 4 out of 5
Sharonica-Stars: 4.5 out of 5

MMy Thoughts and Review:

Once upon a time there was a Kinky King ...
Ahhh...nothing says, "I enjoyed the f#ck out of that book," like knowingly wearing a smile at the end from all the feels.

The Story is a simple love story. What makes it readable, enjoyable, and loveable are the
Christy
I’m kind of conflicted with this review, to be honest. I adore this author’s work but I feel like it missed the mark with ‘Claiming Bite’. The world building—having humans know about shifters but so much fear has led the shifter clans to only be able to survive in the criminal enterprises— is a very interesting one that I’ve not really seen before. So I liked that part. I liked Emerson very much. King is an asshole, no two ways about it, and regardless that he has to be in order to be the head ...more
Faye Kennedy
When I read the blurb of this I knew I had to read it. A super great start as a human is entered a shiftier club that he wasn't aloud in. Mine, Protect, Mate.. King's wolf knew what he wanted..
OMG hot hot scenes including knotting.. King was a true Alpha Dom who liked the pleasure and pain in scenes and controlling his Sub. Danger was around and a secret had to be kept from Emerson for his safety. I loved Emerson's character as he wasn't put off going after his Dom even through he was afraid.
Rachel
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great new Universe to fall in love with. Wow, I loved everything about this from start to finish. King and Emerson are a unique couple who have to figure out how to be together as a Shifter and a Human in a world where that isn't so easy. King is a sexy alpha Dom and at the top of the top, with so much to worry about and show no weakness the last thing he wanted was a human mate. Em just wanted to let go, truly be the sub he feels he is and wanting a shifter twist finds himself in more trouble ...more
Lilly
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5

***I didn’t read this as a bdsm book, King was a bossy guy, not a Dom***

Emerson sneaks into a shifter club and gets himself into a hairy situation with some lion shifters. The wolves come to his rescue and so Emerson meets his mate. King, a Dom, is hesitant to play with a human, afraid he’d hurt him. The story arc over his getting over that concern and Emerson learning more about the lifestyle he wants to pursue.

While the work on their relationship, trouble finds them by way of the lion
Terri
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this author, and this book was very well written. The premise was good, leader of the wolf shifters finding his human mate and fighting to make life better for everyone while also having a very hot D/s relationship with his mate. I wanted to love this, and I am not really sure why I didn't. I just never really connected with King, and so I never appreciated the love story the way I normally would. The story contains very hot and sexy moments, lots of action, mostly good versus truly evil, ...more
Rachwithheadinabook
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5*

Take one stubborn, controlling, dominating, overbearing werewolf who wants to take shifters legitimate as the head of an unofficial shifter council And you have King, one of the main characters of this new BDSM shifter series by Sylvia Violet.

Emerson is human and has been interested in shifters and being dominated for most of his life, when he turns up at Kings club drunk, he has no idea how much his life will change.

I spent most of this book wanting to slap King upside the head, as he
Colleen Cremen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great shifter story!

This is a great shifter story without the mpreg, at least so far. King the leader wolf shifter finds his mate in a human named Emerson. King is the leader of the Shifter Council trying to correct things that he father and grandfather has done in the past and fighting a Lion shifter who doesn't want to change the old ways. He also worries about Emerson since he is human and trouble comes because he won't believe 100% Emerson is his fated mate.
I hope we get to read the stories
Amanda
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
King did not expect to find his mate in a sometimes bratty, submissive human, but fate hands him Emerson when he least expects it. I like the chemistry between the two, though I wanted to throttle King at times. He is a Dom, but Emerson does not take his controlling ways outside the bedroom - which I loved. King needs a mate who would challenge him and keep him grounded, and Emerson needs a shifter he can trust who can dominate him in the bedroom but allow him to stand next to him outside it. I’ ...more
Esther Alayeto
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great story and it's incredibly HOT!! Make sure you have a fan handy. King and Emerson are wonderful characters and their chemistry sizzles right off the pages. Emerson is the perfect submissive and mate for King no matter how much King tries to resist. I loved watching them grow closer and seeing Emerson weave his way into King's heart and life. Can't wait to read the stories of King's brothers. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Patricia Nelson
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Take one VERY stubborn, bossy, and arrogant dom wolf shifter, an even more stubborn human sub who knows what he wants, helpful pack members, fated mates, and a determined lion pride out to cause chaos. Add danger, misunderstandings, and five alarm flaming hot kinky sex guaranteed to set your ereader on fire, and you get this fantastic and definitely different twist on the standard shifter storyline.
mrs sarah frost
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emerson craves the attention of shifters, while very drunk at a shifter club he gets hassled by a group of Lion shifters who would no doubt dominate him but may also kill him! Feeling a strong pull, owner and leader of the pack King rescues him. Why has King got this instant need to protect him, is he his fated mate?
I loved the way that even though Alpha King is a controlling, stubborn, dominate shifter who could easily harm Emerson, Emerson can bring him to his knees, literally lol!
There are a
Winks
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I loved this book ! I seriously can not wait to read the next book in the series. I could not put this book down. The world that was created and how the characters interacted with eachother was just amazing. Not only was the main characters so wonderful but the secondary characters were just as amazing. Cant wait for the next book!
Cassie Roath
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I loved this book! It will absolutely suck you in and you'll refuse to put it down. I liked the chemistry between Emerson and King. Violet really took time to build up the world she created and the characters in it. I highly recommend. I'm really hoping there's a next book coming along soon... Garrett maybe or Shadow?
Mrs.V
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A werewolf Dom , his human fated mate, lots of kink and a shifter war...
Silvia Violet's writing is always amazing and this book was so good, with the wolves' Alpha, king, finding his fated mate in Emerson, a submissive human.
The sex scenes are incredibly hot and the plot is really interesting, with King fighting to take hold of the shifter's council while protecting his family and his mate.
kathleen
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who knew I needed a kinky, sexy werewolf ! Sylvia Violet gives the readers quite the story with Claiming Bite.
King is controlling, dominant and stubborn. Emerson is his perfect for him, submissive mate. The dynamics between these two are hot, sexy and sweet!
I'm looking forward to the next book!
Louise
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fated Mate!

The head of the Shifter Wolf/Human clan smelled and saw a Human in his club being hassled by Shifter Lions. They were in a group, the Human was hardly visible in the middle. Strangely he smelled like he was mine thought the Wolf. Mine he growled! There the relationship begins.
ML
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you love impossible relationships or hot chemistry? If you do this is the book for you!

Emerson and King should not match up but when together,they are like a key in a lock. It’s perfect. The relationship seems doomed but in real Sylvia fashion the story resolves itself and you get an epic HEA.
I already know I’m going to love this series!
Bring on book 2!

• Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)
  • Homerun Daddy (Timberwood Cove, #1)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Defender (The Lost Pack #1)
  • Tanner (Romance & Revolutions, #1)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Alpha's Obedience (Irresistible Omegas #6)
  • Walk Tall (Assassin's Claws, #1)
  • Malik (Kif Warriors #1)
  • Captive Wolf (The Wildcrest Pack, #1)
  • Claimed By My Protector (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Omega's Power (Irresistible Omegas, #7)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
Silvia Violet writes fun, sexy stories that will leave you smiling and satisfied. She has a thing for characters who are in need of comfort and enjoys helping them surrender to love even when they doubt it exists. Silvia's stories include sizzling contemporaries, paranormals, and historicals. When she needs a break from listening to the voices in her head, she spends time baking, taking long ...more

Howler Brothers (2 books)
  • Bodyguard's Bite (Howler Brothers #2)