Start by marking “The Unexpected Gift (The Unexpected Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Unexpected Gift (The Unexpected Series, #1)

The Unexpected Gift

(The Unexpected Series #1)

Could an unexpected gift change your life?

I hate Christmas.
I’m known as the Grinch amongst my friends and co-workers, but most don’t know why. Christmas ruins lives or at least mine.

When the annual Christmas toy drive brings in a new member, something, well someone, crashes into me and I offer to help in a more hands-on way. Shocking everyone.
Published (first published March 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Unexpected Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unexpected Gift

Start your review of The Unexpected Gift (The Unexpected Series, #1)
Rebecca Barber
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The perfect cute Xmas read!

He’s a grinch (with good reason) and she’s so sweet it’s enough to give you a tooth ache (but so full of sass with a take no prisoners vibe you’re left thinking the sweetness may just be an act)

One collision and an “accidental” butt grab and all bets are off on whether these to are going to fall in love or kill each other... watching a grinch fall is always some festive fun...

Can’t wait for more in book 2
Kylee
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Unexpected Gift is a steamy read that will have you wishing for Christmas to come even sooner this year. Gage and Marlee have an instant connection, but when you have spent so many years being known as the Grinch and turning your nose up at love can Gage put past hurt and tragedy to the side to see love is worth the risk. A book filled with love, passion, misunderstandings and finally closure.
Kylee
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
December is a quick steamy read that will have you wishing for Christmas to come even sooner this year. Gage and Marlee have an instant connection, but when you have spent so many years being known as the Grinch and turning your nose up at love can Gage put past hurt and tragedy to the side to see love is worth the risk. A book filled with love, passion, misunderstandings and finally closure.
C Exley Books (Cassandra)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2019
This is my first book by this author and it wont be my last. This is the fifth book in this new series I have read and I can't wait to read more. This is Gage and Marlee's story and I love the instant connection they have.

Gage Grainger has suffered since his mother’s death when he was 10 years old but Christmas time is just too painful for him. He is known as The Grinch at work and he plans to keep it that way, but when you have spent so many years turning your nose up at love can Ga
Robyn Corcoran
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog

The Unexpected Gift is told in two times frames; when Gage Grainger was ten and in the present time or there about. The past certainly dictated a lot for Gage and caused immense hardship and heartache, especially around Christmas time.

She's a Lip Biter
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Unexpected Gift is told in two times frames; when Gage Grainger was ten and in the present time or thereabout. The past certainly dictated a lot for Gage and caused immense hardship and heartache, especially around Christmas time.

Marlee Adams enters into Gage’s life where he is instantly taken by her beauty, both inside and out. She, likewise, feels the attraction as well. Gage is at heart a very caring person who is afraid to really love again. He is a confident character who ha
C Exley Books (Cassandra)
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2019
This story was first published as December in the Calendar Men series and I was lucky to read it then. I loved reading it again. I love Gage and Marlee's story as well as the extended epilogue which the author has added for this new edition. The Unexpected Gift is the first book in the new series 'The Unexpected'.

This beautiful christmas story is filled with love, sadness, heartache and passion. There are quite a few emotions in this story and yes I will admit to a few tears in my ey
Breen Rdz
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The unexpected Gift is book number one in the Unexpected Series just as the title states it was an unexpected gift to my reading list. I absolutely loved this book. This time of the year is one of my favorites because all the Christmas stories start to being published and I’m a helpless girl when it comes to Christmas love stories so I was dying to start this series and I’m impressed, amazed and in love with this book. The connection between Gage and Marlee was instant with all the sparkles. A ...more
Kathryn at CLiK Book Blog
December : A Calendar Men Series Novella - D L Gallie
⭐⭐⭐⭐

A sweet, sexy and touching story.

Gage Grainger has suffered since his mother’s death but Christmas time is just too painful for him. He’s known as The Grinch at work and he plans to keep it that way.

Marlee Adams throws herself into the toy drive at her work but when the very sexy Gage Grainger volunteers to help out, everyone is sceptical about his true intentions.

Marlee and Gage embark on a romance that’s fraught with
Ashley Jasper
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I always enjoy a holiday novella to get me in the spirit. And The Unexpected Gift was a short and steamy read. The opening was intense and had me pulling for Gage.

I liked that from the first time Gage and Marlee crashed into one another, they couldn't get the other out of their heads. They fell hard and fast. But Gage had a lot of healing he had to do. I liked seeing him shed his pain and smile again. Breathe again. Live again. Love again.

While I found The Unexpected Gift to be a bit repetitiv
Jean Dewsbury
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a great December Christmas story filled with plenty of heartache and memories for Gage and Marlee. Gage has always struggled at christmastime with the passing of his mother since he was 10 years old, and his father seemed to drink his way through his life and emotionally abandoned his son. Marlee comes literally crashing into Gage's life with a passion and drive that throws Gage in a spin. The sexual chemistry is off the charts. Gage find himself volunteering to help with the Christmas char ...more
Tara Lee
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sexy, sweet love story.

Damn another amazing book from DL Gallie. This beautiful christmas story is filled with love, sadness, heartache and passion.

Every scene keeps you captivated and every page is filled with so many emotions.
I really enjoyed this story and cant wait to get into the next book in the series.

A sweet, sexy, sad christmas story that will keep you captivated and maybe even shred a few tears.
Lynn Stifle
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast-paced, steamy and touching story, and I found it quite enjoyable. Gage has struggled with Christmas time since the passing of his mother and is known as the Grinch at his work. Marlee is doing the toy drive and Gage volunteers, will she be able to change his mind about Christmas? I recommend you read it for yourself and find out, you won't regret it.

I received an advance copy of this book and I'm voluntarily giving my honest review.
Donna Till
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern
Gage doesn't enjoy Christmas and he is known as the office Grinch but he agrees to help with the charity toy drive. The main reason for this decision.....Marlee, but his feelings for Marlee start to grow.
This was an enjoyable, easy quick read. I managed to read it in one session. The relationship between Gage and Marlee is intense and the hot scenes are there. Will definitely be reading more by this author.
BookLover
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This emotional, Christmas story will make you hot and bothered!!! The way the author weaves the past and present together is wonderfully done!!! These characters are very real and they come to life right in front of you.

Gage and Marlee definitely have an unexpected meeting!! Gage had major issues with trusting and marlee is the one that just might break through. The chemistry between these two is off the charts HOT!! Such a well written book that lets you escape life for a while!!
Sherry
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Great quick read that has two people falling in love at first sight. Gage hated Christmas because he lost his mother at a young age right before Christmas Day. He meets Marlee while she helps coordinate a toy drive at the company he works for. The attraction between them is instant. When his dad reaches out to him, Gage doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. Marlee steps in and helps the reconnect. Great happy ending.
Michelle
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is very sexy and full of lust between Gage and Marlee. They make a beautiful couple, not only because of how good looking they both are, but also because of how much wonderful chemistry they have for each other.

This is the first book I’ve read by this author and I’m sure I’ll keep reading more.
S.E. Roberts
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so, so good and I could put it down! Gage hasn’t enjoyed Christmas since he was a kid because of his devastating childhood. But when he meets Marlee...things quickly change for him. I won’t give too much away but I will say that this sweet Christmas book definitely put me in the holiday spirit. I’m already looking forward to reading the next with it releases.
Rebecca
Oooh what a wicked Novella Gage hasn't liked Christmas since that tragic day ten years ago.

Now ten years on in walks Marlee and wow sparksparksd fly between them both.

But when the past walks in will he destroy his happiness.

Loved it sweet, sexy, fun and gorgeous.
Lynnette Riddell
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was page turner. I couldn't put down. Loved main characters development and plot. First time reader for this author. Definitely will be checking out for more books in future.
Michele Del Rey
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christmas story. It was so well written and I thought the book pulled me in with the flow. Great book.
Alley Ciz
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good instalove story and this did not disappoint.
Penny Lisle
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this fun loving book! Even though it was a short story, it was a great read!
Gage disliked Christmas, hence why he was called the 'Grinch'. On arriving to the floor of his office, Gage was not expecting to bump or better yet fall onto a beautiful woman and grab her ass to help save her! Marlee, joining the team for a toy Christmas drive was not expecting to find 'the one'. Only problem was, Gage did not like Christmas and slowly as he spent more time with Marlee, he changed. This is a grea
Corinne Mazille
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick steamy read. Loved it!
D.L. Gallie
Oct 22, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alannah
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Marlee and Gages story.
I loved the way they were with each other and the proposal had me laughing so hard.

DL Gallie is an amazing writer and I love reading her books.
Jenny
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story. There is laughter, heartache and characters you will fall in love with. Why wait until December for a Christmas story?
Kimhe Rockchicks
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Unexpected Gift is an unexpected delight.
It is a deliciously devine scorching read.
A whole lot of hot hot grinchy goodness.
Karen Hrdlicka
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gage and Marlee's story is the perfect way to start the holiday season. For good reasons Gage detests Christmas, but once he runs into Marlee, he can't be quick enough to volunteer his Grinch self to help with the toy drive she is spearheading at his workplace. They have instant and great chemistry, as do all of Ms. Gallie's couples, but the magic of Christmas makes them special.
While Gage and Marlee are quick to fall, their road to HEA is not without its pitfalls and heartaches. I totally love
~Misty~
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gage the Grinch and Feisty Marlee take you on romance ride you will not forget. December is supposed to be a month full of happiness and magic. Gage doesnt agree, but in comes Marlee and December could be changed for him forever! Quick and steamy and wonderful story! Give the Grinch a chance and I am sure you will love him just like me!

• Too Good at Goodbyes
  • Damage
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Wilder Love (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Breaker
  • Master of Secrets (Gods of Vegas Book 4)
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
  • The Rest of Me
  • I Knead You Tonight
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Collateral
  • Frayed: Trent & Daniella (Savage Trust Book 3)
  • Absolution (Doms of Club Eden, #6)
  • CHECKED (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)
  • Without Exception (The Without Series #1)
  • Bedhead: A Romance

~ Romance with a shot of suspense, and a dash of comedy ~

DL Gallie is from Queensland, Australia, but she’s lived in many different countries including the UK and Canada. She currently resides in Central Queensland with her husband and two munchkins. She and her husband have been together since she was sixteen, and although they drive each other crazy at times, she couldn’t imagine her life witho

The Unexpected Series (4 books)
  • The Unexpected Letter (The Unexpected Series, #2)
  • The Unexpected Package (The Unexpected Series, #3)
  • The Unexpected Connection (The Unexpected Series, #4)