Start by marking “Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)

Rules to Break

(Davey's Rules #2)

Davey’s Rule #91: Daddy never loses faith in his boy.

Bryan Miller is satisfied with his uncomplicated life. He’s a discipline Daddy who’s not in the market for any kind of permanent relationship. And why should he be? Like the waves he surfs in the small beach town he calls home, there’s always another body available to warm his bed when he tires of the current flavor of
Published September 26th 2019 (first published September 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Rules to Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rules to Break

Start your review of Rules to Break (Davey's Rules, #2)
Cadiva
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Preston the arse gets his story here and I have to say, he's not the simple bitchy queen he appears on the surface.

So I'll eat my words from my book one review because I did care about Preston and he was perfect for Bryan.

I really loved how Bryan slowly brought out the best in Preston while falling in love himself.

Teared up a bit at one of the things that happens, wasn't expecting that and it made me have a sad.

Overall another really easy read in this series from Susan.
Trio
The second book in Susan Hawke’s Davey’s Rules, is Rules to Break and it’s a Daddy/bratty-boy story. Narrated by Michael Pauley, this series continues to showcase Daddy/boy relationships.

At first glance Preston is an entitled, rude, self-centered jerk. Twenty-five years old and he has zero friends thanks to his obnoxious attitude, and a giant chip on his shoulder.

Daddy Bryan is a thirty-five year old confirmed bachelor who has just met the boy who is going to change all that.

A goofy (and a bit
Chris
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq
This was actually better than expected ! I adored the sass of Preston and his vulnerability made me love him more. It was a good reminder than many people hide behind bravado and fluff to avoid showing pain and loneliness.
Tracy
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
These books have great reviews but they just dont work for me. They start really well but by around 40% they are just so boring and drawn out I have to start skimming through.
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2019
Preston, dear Preston, the biggest spoiled, snotty brat ever. Lonely, vulnerable and with the rudest mouth you can imagine. So in need of a Daddy but no one dares.
It started with a bet, at the club ‘Daddy’s Lap’ they are all convinced no one can and want to tame Preston, Bryan stands up and tells them he can turn him into a considerate boy in three months.
Bryan is a Daddy and doesn’t want permanent strings. He loves Preston’s rude mouth, he loves the brat breaking all the rules, so many reasons
Celine
A sassy, sweet and sexy book

This was one great book.

We met both Bryan and Preston in the previous book, and while I knew I would like Bryan, I wasn't so sure about Preston.

And he started out being someone I wasn't sure I liked, but very quickly grew on me as he started showing who he truly was. I really loved that boy, he was very flawed but a diamond nonetheless. And I loved how Daddy Bryan slowly made him shine.

It was the perfect combination of sassy, sweet, sometimes sad and so very sexy.

I
Becca
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Damn this book broke my heart! Holy moley. I know Preston came off as a prick most of the time and I get why people didn’t want to be around him at times, but if they just took the time to get under that exterior he put up, they’d see a whole different side to him.
It really made me sad when the Daddies were all making bets about taming Preston in front of him, like he wasn’t there. It’s like they had no consideration for his feelings at all. I get they all thought he could be a prick but still.
Shee Reader
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rules to Break (Davey’s Rules Book 2) By Susan Hawke

Reviewed by Shee Reader for Boy Meets Boy Reviews

Find us on the web at www.boymeetsboyreviews.com

Rating 4.5 hearts

Blurb:

Davey’s Rule #91: Daddy never loses faith in his boy.

❤Sharonica-Logic❤
Read Read Read! You'll Love Love Love!

Title:Rules to Break: Davey's Rules #2
SteaMMy Swordplay: 3 out of 5
Sharonica-Stars: 5 out of 5
GoodReads AVG:4.53

MMy Thoughts and Review:

Gah! Susan knows how to rip out my heart, make me laugh til I pee, **SQUEE out loud like a teenager, and cry silent crocodile tears with happiness.

This book caught me so off guard that I had to put it away, TWICE and go
Shannon Tolen
Preston is a bratty, spoiled rude boy who is badly in need of a Daddy to take him in hand. When Daddy, Bryan, takes a bet to tame Preston within 3 months, he becomes that Daddy. Both men are not interested in a permanent partnership/relationship. But Preston's bratty nature gets under Bryan's skin, and he has lots or reasons to discipline him.
This is the second book in the Davey's Rules Series and it fits well in with the previous book in the series. The characters are fun and well written. The
Kelly
Cinnamon!

This is an awesome book. You may cry multiple times. (Don't worry, there's a happily ever after.)
Two men so afraid to be vulnerable.

One acts like a brat to push everyone away. Preston figures if he rejects everyone first, they can't reject him.

One won't cuddle his partners, share his bed, or create intimacy in his relationships. If he doesn't make promises, Bryan won't end up with a string of failed relationships like his mother.

This is such a ride. H/c, anger, and so much loneliness.
Jenn (not Lily)
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
Very fun, with both laughter and a few tears. Preston may have been horrid in the first book, but my heart just aches for him at the beginning of this one. Poor baby! I loved some of the punishments that Bryan came up with for him, especially cleaning. I hope she writes more than just three in this series -- I'd like some of the other boys to have their HEA Daddy moments, too!
Angie Juarez
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sassy brat and his Daddy

Another great addition to the series. Preston is known for being a mean brat and Daddy Bryan makes a bet he can change him...queue in My Fair Lady. But Daddy Bryan realizes there's a reason for Preston's mean behavior and slowly starts uncovering his golden heart. Their journey is full of love, laughter, hurt, and sexiness. A Daddy who learns to love a bratty, sassy boy. A Boy who realizes he can be his true self and be loved.
DeeNeez
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: free-read, glbt, 2019, follow, daddy
Step up the heat and kink! As sweet as the first book was, this one went all bratty and kink. Preston a spoiled bratty boy becomes the target of a Eliza Doolittle (boy-do-over) by Daddy Bryan. Preston’s snark, sass and wild antics brought tears of laughter. What a hoot! Daddy Bryan has his hands full, in more ways than one. Loved it!
Claudia
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: daddy-kink
I didn't know I would love Preston as hard add I did after seeing his behavior on book 1... but ohhhh my... was I wrong...
Preston is to lonely, unloved and lost! all his behavior is a self defense mechanism against being rejected...
Bryan is exactly what he needs... a Daddy to put him on tracks... to love him and care for him... AWESOME BOOK! can't wait for the next!
Tanya
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seeing Preston put in his place was amazing. The premise of how he finds his Daddy is REALLY the only way he could be "broken" from his diva ways.

As the series is known for, the comedic moments are seriously laugh out loud moments and you can't wait to see where it is going from there. This book in particular though will have you in tears...especially if you read book 1 as one of the secondary characters dies.
Anna Goerlitz
3.5 stars for Daddy Bryan and Preston the Brat

I enjoyed this one more than the first in the series, however, I have very little patience for the "poor little rich boy" cliche that Preston embodied. I did however warm to him during the cause of the story and I liked Daddy Bryan, even if I thought his reasons for commitment issues were flimsy at best and made no sense what so ever: he didn't want to be his mother, so he acted exactly like her? weird and not logical at all...

It did really put me in
Heather
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I hate My Fair Lady (because it's a horribly misogynistic piece of crap musical) so I found the beginning of this book to be excruciating. I liked the first one quite a bit, so I pushed through, but bullying is never cool. If you can push through it, you'll probably like it, too.
Rachel
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great add to the series. Bryan and Preston's are a roller-coaster ride you don't want to get off of. These two start off awkward and weird; and I loved how each personality shine through and we got a new piece with the next chapter. Sexy and full of chemistry as they both discover new things about themselves. Preston is the brat of all brats so I was excited to see what he could become and get to know the person who hide behind the sass. I laughed more then I thought I would at Preston ...more
Gabbi Grey
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wedding, a funeral, and a bratty boy (an audio review)

Rule #22 – Daddy Must Never Say His Boy is Being Dramatic

I’ll start off by saying the synopsis suggests bringing tissue. Uh, yeah, that was very accurate. Maybe I was feeling emotional anyway, but several scenes in this book slayed me. Don’t get me wrong, this is a funny book. I loved it. But it also had a few dark moments that really ate at me. But that’s life, right? Can’t be sunshine and roses all the time.

Moving on.

Preston Wallace is a
K.R. Phoenix
5 stars
Heat Level: 3.5 (not as much sexy times as you’d expect from a Susan book)
Narration: 5

Oh, my heart! Emotional, heartbreaking and heartwarming, I loved this book!!!

I knew there had to be more to Preston and my heart just broke for him. I spent almost this entire book on the edge of tears for the sad neglect of Preston and his life, family, and sweet naivete at every turn. I felt for his longing and desire for love and understanding. I loved to watch his growth and while there was the
Carole-Ann
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Disappointingly a 2.5 star read because of a number of reasons.

Preston was an absolute brat in the 1st book Rules to Follow (which I enjoyed btw), so expecting him to be otherwise in this book was a little too much.

Daddy Bryan gets himself in a tight spot by betting he can redeem Preston over a period of 3 months, which he proceeds to attempt.

OK, that's the first point: Bryan is arrogant enough to think he's the ONLY one who can 'tame' Preston - without even looking at/into Preston's background
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
Rules to Break: Davey's Rules Book #2 by Susan Hawke
Narrated by Michael Pauley
Listening Length: 9 hrs 38 min.
Audio Release Date: 10/15/2019
Story: 5 out of 5
Narration: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5+

Audiobook Review: 11/01/2019

I already read and reviewed the ebook (See below) version of this and totally loved it! So when ARC in Audio format came across my desk it was a no-brainer. Michael Pauley was outstanding and had ME wishing I could be Daddy Bryan's bratty boy, Preston. While I know this is only
Mari  Cardenas
I wasn't sure how I would feel about Preston when I started this audiobook. He wasn't all that nice in the first book in the series. However, that quickly changed once I saw how badly he needed someone to believe in him and want him for himself and not just because of his money. I can't tell you how many times I cried while listening to this book, because it was really emotional for me to see all Preston had to go through, he might have been a poor little rich boy, but there was this unexpected ...more
Badh
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know, even when we met Preston in the first book and he was such a terrible brat, I liked him. And his book made me really like him. I got to understand him a little more, and I felt like he was so very vulnerable. He really was just such a tortured little boy way deep down. Preston was so afraid of everyone not liking him and hurting him that he had to hurt other people first, just so that they couldn't hurt him. It's a very defensive thing to do, and it's really such a sad thing to do.

Belinda Zamora
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preston is a very snarky, bratty boy.
He comes across as very cold and unfeeling
when in actuality he's hiding a very vulnerable and unsure side of himself.
Daddy Bryan knows him from the club they both frequent and there is a mutual attraction between them.
He's never actually been in a relationship because of issues from his past.
When they get sucked into a bet that Bryan can make Preston into the perfect boy,
they soon discover more in common with each other than they realized.
Bryan has his work
Jenn's Book Obsession
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SASSY STARS!!!

So.....I was not expecting this to be a tear jerker but holy moly Susan Hawke!! My heart just hurt for Preston. For all his feisty bratiness he's just looking for someone to love and accept him. This was definitely a rollercoaster of emotions.

I couldn't get enough of Bryan and Preston. Bryan was everything Preston needed and then some. He took control and was gentle and tender when he needed to. It was the perfect balance for each other. The chemistry was sizzling and these two
Colleen
Preston is a spoiled, obnoxious brat with a thick veneer of entitlement he uses to keep people away... and is surprised he can't find a Daddy to take him on. Bryan is intrigued by the idea of taming the biggest brat around into a suitable boy... for someone else of course, not him.

Loves & Likes:
Good balance of drama/angsty/groveling moments
Great dirty talk *fans self*

Peeves:
Very, very predictable
Preston may have changed slowly throughout the book, but Bryan took forever to get
Debbie
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot and steamy

An absolute rollercoaster of emotion, showing you should never judge someone at face value.
Preston is a boy who hides his true self behind a sarky and aloof attitude, no one has taken the time to look deeper into the reason why. Feeling like an observer looking in he knows his attitude is the problem but he is not brave enough to risk rejection.
Bryan and a group of daddies are having a laugh and joke at the expense of Preston when a bet is made that no way can his attitude be
Rachel
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great add to the series. Bryan and Preston's are a roller-coaster ride you don't want to get off of. These two start off awkward and weird; and I loved how each personality shine through and we got a new piece with the next chapter. Sexy and full of chemistry as they both discover new things about themselves. Michael Pauley's gives these two justice and the Audio is perfect for them. I loved listening to Preston (who's personality is so strong) and really feeling the words. These two fix ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Tony and His Tiger (Oh My! #3)
  • Fixing Little Red (Different Hearts, #2)
  • Untamed (Untamed, #1)
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Stand Out (Assassin's Claws #2)
  • Caring For Little Ollie (Different Hearts, #1)
  • Spencer (Leashes & Lace #5)
  • Friends Lovers and Family
  • His Kind of Man (HeavyLoad! #3)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Top Priority (The Game #1)
  • Austin (Romance & Revolutions #2)
  • Finding Ripley
  • Unexpected (Inked, #3)
  • A Merry MacIntosh Christmas (MacIntosh Meadows, #4)
  • Bodyguard's Bite (Howler Brothers #2)
  • Jonah (Romance & Revolutions #3)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
Susan Hawke is more widely known for her mpreg writings as Susi Hawke; this new name is a departure from that. Whether written by Susan or Susi, the books are filled with that all-important love, laughter, and family; the only difference is that this name has no male pregnancy.

Davey's Rules (4 books)
  • Rules to Follow (Davey's Rules #1)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • Rules to Obey (Davey's Rules, #5)