Start by marking “Aliens: Phalanx” as Want to Read:
Aliens: Phalanx

Aliens: Phalanx

It's Medieval carnage meets Alien as a pre-industrial society fights against extinction brought about by a massive infestation of Xenomorphs.

Ataegina was an isolated world of medieval castles, varied cultures, and conquests, vibrant until the demons rose and spread relentless destruction. Swarms of lethal creatures with black husks, murderous claws, barbed tails and
Published February 25th 2020 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Aliens, please sign up.
Chris P Old Dave has rated 14.5k books, all with 5 stars... quite the avid reader, I guess (eyeroll).

Start your review of Aliens: Phalanx
Christopher Howard
I'm going to read this but come on. Your putting out alien fanfic over the Earthcore sequel after all these years. Shame.
innae
Dec 12, 2019 marked it as mt-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, alien, kindle
I have pre-ordered this on Kindle and also on hardcover, because its Scott! ...more
Swords & Spectres
Feb 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I'm a big fan of the alien franchise and have listened to the audio dramas on audible, but never read a book set in the Alien universe. So when I got the chance to see how Xenomorphs and a medieval world turned out, I jumped at the chance.

I felt the story took a little while to get going as nothing of major consequence happens for a good while. The first part is mostly character building/world building etc ... but, considering the
Eric Schaechtele
Fast, fun read. I started this one at work and finished it when I got home in the morning. The main core of characters are very likable even if one is supposed to be a sarcastic ass. I never knew that I needed a story of aliens vs medieval weapons and tactics but boy was I missing out all these years. I would have liked more xenomorphs early on but the end battle more than made up for it
Michael Hicks
My review of ALIENS: PHALANX can be found at High Fever Books.

I remember reading plenty of franchise crossovers with 20th Century Foxs Aliens comic book tie-ins as a kid we had Aliens vs Predator and a spate of sequels, which pitted two of Foxs biggest science fiction horror alien phenomenas against one another; there was Judge Dredd vs Aliens, too; and even DC got in on the act with Superman/Aliens, Batman/Aliens, and Green Lantern versus Aliens. Scott Siglers opus borrows a bit from this
Piggie
Feb 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful new take on the Aliens universe. I love that the focus of the novel is on the people rather than the aliens. It takes a close look at the way that war and horror effect the human mind and heart. It is a well told story. Nothing really surprising; no super creative story twists. But it didn't need them.
Ziggy Nixon
Mar 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sigler junkies unite!
Recommended to Ziggy by: The Man hisself!
4 stars. Surprisingly NOT an easy book to rate even though I enjoyed it immensely. At the request of Sir Sigler, I've done my best here NOT to provide any spoilers.

First and foremost, this IS a Scott Sigler book, an author that has entered the upper echelon of my faves over the past years. So yes, you're going to get and DO get really great characters with a wide variety of personalities, strengths and weaknesses. And yes, those play off each other in a variety of cool, unique, unexpected and
BigJohn
Shelves: audio-books
I've not read any of the Alien supplemental novels, but I have seen all of the movies in the franchise and I guess you could say I'm a fan. So when I heard Scott Sigler was writing a story in the Alien universe, I was very excited. I know his favorite movie is Aliens, and he had a very well-received short story that he wrote back in 2015 called Dangerous Prey - a story written from the perspective of one of the alien xenomorphs.

Generally, however, I'm not a big fan of Space Marines stories. I
Amy Braun
Mar 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scott Sigler is one of my favourite sci fi and horror authors, so he was the perfect fit to tell this story. And I LOVED IT. Everything you could ever want from an Alien story was in here. Sigler's clear love for the series shows, and the new world he creates adds a unique twist to the franchise.

Every character was spectacular. Aliyah is one of the most powerful and motivated female characters in the franchise, a resourceful warrior who refuses to give up despite impossible circumstances. It
Jeff Hexter
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have not yet read any of the other Aliens novels, but I have read Siglers fiction before. And if this is an example of the style of the other Aliens books, I will be reading them.

Full disclosure: Im a huge fan of Scott Sigler and his books. I pre-ordered this book and I was going to buy this book even if it sucked.

It was great! It tied into ideas that are suggested by the movies, and like the movies has sections that are suspenseful and violent. But it also has sections that appropriately
Brian Anderson
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, ya, not going to lie, I was nervous about this book. Im a huge fan of Scots and a lifelong Aliens certified fanboy. Sometimes, though, when you hear two of your favorite things are coming together, you clench up a bit. Doesnt always work out well. Except for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. They knocked it out of the park.

Boy, that fear was unfounded. This story rocked. Couldnt put it down. I had to, cause I had work to do, but man, never enjoyed staying up late to read a book this much. If youre
Paul Preston
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(3.5) I was a bit disappointed because it felt more like a YA book and I wasnt expecting that. I was hoping for more suspense and terror but it didnt translate.
The characters were fun even though they seemed to constantly push the message of gender equality. Its just isnt what I want when I am reading a book to escape reality. I wanted gore and to feel nervous about what was happening.
Try not to get me wrong, I did enjoy the book, but not as much as I hoped I would.
Keith Hughes
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Scott has crafted a unique story that show us the affects and a xenomorph horde in a way we've never seen before. While the culture of the humans scrabbling to survive in an alien-dominated world is different from what this franchise has previously offers, the author delivers a final battle and confrontation sequence worthy of James Cameron. Scott delivers a tight story that is perfect for the established Alien fan, as well as those who are unfamiliar with the franchise. Recommended!
Darren Wall
Keep Quiet and Hide

You don't need to know the Alien films to appreciate this story of Man Vs demon.
For centuries they've been told to hide, to keep quiet, is it time for a change?
As a fan of both Scott Sigler and Aliens I thoroughly enjoyed this coming together of Scott's writing style and the classic evil xenomorph.
gail lang
Disappointing

I loved Scott Sigler's "Infected" series and Generations trilogy however this book did not live up to those novels. Proofreader needs to be fired, it's annoying to read a book with so many typos.
Rckay
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Slightly better than it is bad. Reads like YA. Confused gender politicking, politics and World building. Irritating at times exciting at others. Most of the twist can be spotted on the back cover blurb. Mostly quite readable though.
Charl
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
I preordered this because it was Aliens by Scott Sigler. Turned out to be a disappointing read, couldnt even make it past chapter 7 with all the stereotyping and modern day narrative. Not what I would expect from Scott Sigler. ...more
Brandon Peters
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Quick fun read. The world building was necessary, but a bit tedious a times. The action and intense parts of the novel are by far the highlight, and it felt like a great addition to the Alien universe.
Matt James
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea a franchise tie-in novel could be this good! As the author touted, only the first two films of the Alien franchise are really prerequisite setup. This book DELIVERS. The science as we know it checks out and this is a great time with the xenomorphs!
Richno3
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn Good

Scott Sigler writes a Damn good story. He builds his Characters strong and the setting is solid. This is a stand alone Aliens story that I highly recommend to anyone. It's a read you can't put down. Read it and enjoy!
Sam
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read that book description. Do you think you know what youre in for? I did, and I was happily blown away by this book. Sigler does such a fantastic writing job here, and he really breathes new life into what can be a overdone (if still beloved) franchise. This was so great! ...more
Thomas Seberry
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
15/10. Best alien book I've ever read. Doesn't even come close. I hope this guy writes a few more.
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im a huge fan of the Aliens films and this just firs in perfectly. Full review to come on the British Fantasy Societys website. ...more
Craig
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Instant canon.
Dave
Mar 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Just inhaled this on audible in two days. I have sooo many things to say about this amazing story but, I wouldn't dare ruin the experience for anyone. Thanks Scott.
Drew Bennett
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bronze age tactics vs Aliens, you say?
Any fan of the aliens franchise and/or the FDO should find plenty of acidic blood spilled to satiate their appetite.
Karmen
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Different take on the Alien stories

Well written and edge of your seat fun. Liked the main character...glad it had a good ending. Onto the next!
Swray03
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Espen
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mix Aliens with Gates of Fire and add a bit of Wool. Original and very entertaining.
Michael Paris
Mar 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reads like a movie from start to finish

• Alien: Prototype
  • The Siberian Incident
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Terminus (Threshold, #4)
  • Alien: Sea of Sorrows (Canonical Alien trilogy, #2)
  • Aliens: Bug Hunt
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #2
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #3
  • Alien: The Cold Forge
  • Junkyard Cats
  • Allegiance (Hell Divers #6)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1
  • 転生したらスライムだった件 7 (Light Novel)
  • Deep Storm (Jeremy Logan, #1)

Get Scott's free, unabridged weekly audiobook episodes from iTunes by subscribing to his podcast.

#1 New York Times best-selling author Scott Sigler is the creator of fifteen novels, six novellas and dozens of short stories. He gives away his stories as weekly, serialized, audiobooks, with over 40 million episodes downloaded.

Scott launched his career by releasing his novels as