Start by marking “Rock Paper Scissors” as Want to Read:
Rock Paper Scissors

Rock Paper Scissors

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  315 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Thomas Wells Atherton III, known as Tommy, the unbelievably wealthy scion of an old "Back Bay" Boston family has let the family down by being gay. After graduating from Harvard, rather than accepting a job arranged by his father with a prestigious Boston firm, Tommy heads for San Francisco where he can live openly as a gay man. He has only one small piece of baggage--Thoma ...more
ebook
Published January 1st 2008 by Loose ID

To ask other readers questions about Rock Paper Scissors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rock Paper Scissors

Shin
Jan 15, 2010 rated it it was ok
One of the guys used to be...less than chaste and then he meets Mr. Right (instead of Mr. Right Now) and boom, suddenly talking marriage after kissing once. They have a date, the guy meets the "ex-player" 's (?) son the next day and he's already calling him dad. The guy comes sleep over and then he moves in the next morning. They talk about having another kid the day after and then they're practically married the day after that. Tragedy on the wedding night, apprently the kid suddenly has a brai ...more
Elisa Rolle
The last by Bobby Michaels sounds somewhat more romantic and tender than ever.

I'm used to the fact that Bobby Michaels' novels are romantic, he obviously believes in love forever, but his former novels are also very erotic, with a strong accent on the physical aspect of love. His characters fall in love at first sight and then inflame their love with sparkling sex for all over the book.

Rock Paper Scissors has some elements in common with the former novels: Thomas is a very rich man. He knows sin
Hannah
Jan 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Leah
This book made me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon...and there's this part that's just ewwwwwwwwwwww like OMFG OCD ewwwwww I am SHOCKED my GR peeps rated this so highly. @_@?
Candice
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, borrowed
I was in the mood for insta-love super sappy and this fit the bill, perfectly. However, my 7 year old doesn't act like Tiger.
Ashley♥Alexis
Feb 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: genre-m-m

The story itself was ok. The story moves very quickly but because of that there is no real character development and thus losing my interest in the characters. The dialog for the most part comes off as really campy and left me rolling my eyes in disbelief. The sex scenes were hot for the most part if not a bit...fetishy. (Hey, dont judge me)
Ale Rivero
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Como siempre que leo Bobby Michaels, me quedo con una sonrisa cuando termino sus historias. Aquí tenemos a Brian y Thomas que junto con el pequeñito de Tiger hacen una familia preciosa y transmiten un amor tan lindo que se puede pasar toda la historia diciendo Aww... Muy recomendable.
My Dichotomy Life
I enjoyed this so much more the second time around.

Although at times the dialogue is almost adolescent it works within the insta-love storyline.
Brenda (b)
This story really drew me in and I wanted to know more about what happened later with all the characters.

Please note: this story is written is 1st person.
Serena Yates
Nov 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
Absolutely loved this book! Couldn't put it down and will probably re-read it as well.
Mari Taconelli
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Otro libro de Bobby Michaels que me ha encantado. Siempre que leosus historias tengo una sonrisa en mi cara. En este en particular tenemos a Thomas y Brian junto con Tiger que forman una familia hermosa, fue una lectura increiblemente rapida, no me resulto tediosa en ningun momento. Es una historia recomendable si te gusta el genero.
D
Jul 08, 2017 added it
There's an unreality to this book you have to put aside and just go with it if not, it's literally like for real guys let's be realistic or real world calling that shit don't happen
Erichae
Feb 18, 2013 rated it liked it
"BOBBY MICHAELS! GET YOUR BUTT OVER HERE AND FINISH THIS BOOK"- is what I thought when I reached the last page. I was reading it on my kindle and as soon as Ted and Dalt found Tiger in his room I glanced at the progression bar and realized we were just a few chapters from the end of the book and all I could think was "How the hell do you end a book with one of the most important characters' story line cut short?" I loved this book up until that point. The story was wholesome and I would have giv ...more
Marcy  Shane
Oct 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed Tommy and Brian's story. The quick I love you's, and how everything falls into place so easily, can get my eyes rolling but those aspects are very characteristic of Bobby's books and I knew that before purchasing. I still enjoyed it. If you need a does of Happily-Ever-After than you will probably enjoy this one.

Da'ad
Nov 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Ugh. Boring as hell. I liked the sex scenes though, mostly. I still like Bobby and will continue to get his stuff, but this was too sappy, too fast, too boring. It was crap and it went on forever. I skimmed through the second half just to get it done. It's pretty much over in the middle anyway. Sorry Bobby! I still love you though!
Melanie
This is only my second Bobby story, and I gotta say I love that his characters have smell fetishes. It's normally only something I find in shifter books and it's never as intimately described as it is in these. Love it.
Gwendolyn
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lawyers
A seven year old hit an over the fence homer and made a double play? That is your first year in true little league and out of T-ball. Is kid must be the next Derek Jeter? Aside from that everything happened way too fast.
Kinny
I feel bad that there will be no more sequel to this as Bobby Michaels has passed away. :-c This is one of my favorite stories along with second time around.
AyoDollFace
Dec 04, 2016 added it
Shelves: dnf, unrated
DNF

This book is way too sweet and mushy for me to continue. I liked the beginning but when the second MC makes his appearance the water works broke out and I couldn't continue.
Joss
May 08, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF

Love at first sight is not my thing but this was love at first sight completely over the top. I had never seen things move so fast in my entire life and it was completely unbelievable.
CB
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book and will definitely look for more from this author. Interesting characters with an entertaining story. Lots of hot sex too!
OkayKim
Oct 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is what's called really syrupy, but I love it. It's the kind of book you need to be in the right mood to read.
Erotic Horizon
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Rock Paper Scissors by Bobby Michaels (2008)
Alarik
Feb 14, 2013 marked it as no-read-or-dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF Simply not a book for me, it just didnt work. Sad, as I love books witch children. ...more
Letti
rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2012
Alexi Silversmith
Mar 18, 2010
Melissa
Jul 08, 2014
  • Fortune's Return (Good Fortune Ranch, #2)
  • Hard Ride Home
  • First Steps
  • The Manny
  • Always Hope
  • An Earlier Heaven (Good to Know, #2)
  • The Good Life (Arbor Heights #3)
  • We Danced
  • Exceptions to the Rule
  • Mile High (Men in Motion, #1)
  • Robert's VP
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • My Only Home (My Only Home, #1)
  • Daniel's Dream (Men of Charlestown, #3)
  • The Trouble With Angel (Baseball #1)
  • Finnegan's Promise
  • Rainbow Courage
Bobby Michaels lives in Fort Lauderdale with hundreds – nay! thousands – of gorgeous, muscular men (most of them Marines) running around in his mind. Some are memories of sexual encounters, some are the characters from his many Nifty stories and Loose Id novels and some are characters from novels waiting to be written. So, though he lives alone, he is never lonely.

Bobby has been many things in his
More about Bobby Michaels...