Start by marking “Lovestruck” as Want to Read:

Lovestruck

A clever, heartfelt romantic comedy about a charming family who live in the most romantic place on earth but can't catch a break when it comes to love. For fans of Marian Keyes, Star-Crossed and Offspring.

When a romantically challenged family gather at their Whitsundays resort for their first wedding in decades, Amy 'stuck in the friend zone' Lowery realises that her
Expected publication: February 24th 2020 by HQ Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Lovestruck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lovestruck

Start your review of Lovestruck
sarah xoxo
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Lovestruck is a fun, witty and refreshing romcom that makes you feel as if you are on a tropical island holiday, and never want to go home.

We follow a romantically challenged family who have gathered together for their first wedding in decades. A large cast of characters, each quirky and unique makes for such an enjoyable experience.

Amy- eternally stuck in the friend zone. She finally feels The Pull for someone, but soon discovers that he is her new stepbrother to be.

Josh- elated at finally
Sharon
Lovestruck by Bronwyn Sell was a really enjoyable, entertaining and fun read. A great book to read over the holiday season. I was surprised at just how quickly I got through this book with many laugh out loud moments, this book was a true delight to read.

If you enjoy reading books about family, relationships with a little romance then l suggest you grab a copy of this book. Highly recommended.

With thanks to Better Reading Preview for my copy to read and review.
Marianne
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Maybe he was one of those people who had the appearance of being an open book but after you started reading, you discovered half the pages were stuck together.”

Lovestruck is the first novel by New Zealand journalist, travel writer and author Bronwyn Sell (who also writes as Brynn Kelly). Amy Lowery returns to her family’s island resort in the Whitsundays for her father’s wedding to Sanjay. Almost sworn off men when each man she falls for treats her more like a friend (sometimes with benefits)
Veronica ⭐️
*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
Lovestruck is a fun and witty RomCom with a large cast of quirky characters.

Gran owns the resort and also plays chief matchmaker to her three daughters and eight grown grandchildren. Cousins Amy and Harry plus newcomer Josh, who is soon to become Amy’s step-brother, and jilted bride Sophia are the main characters however the others make quite a few appearances and tell their romance woes also.

I found it hard to connect with some of the characters. Amy was
Mandy White
Love Struck by Bronwyn Sell was a fun summer read - light and easy.

There is a lot going on and a lot of characters to keep track of. The story takes place on a Whitsundays Island, owned by Amy's family. Amy, from Melbourne is on the island with her family for her fathers wedding to Sanjay. She is unlucky in love and has sworn off men - until she meets Josh - and then she realises that he is her new step brother.

There is also Sophia, a rich woman on her honeymoon - minus her husband who never
Gloria Arthur
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: the-bookshelf
3.5 Stars

Lovestruck was a fun romantic summer read about family and relationships.

The location of this story is an island paradise in the breathtaking tropical Whitsundays known as Curlew Bay.

Amy travels from Melbourne to her family owned island resort to attend her father’s wedding to Sanjay. Amy is always unlucky in love and tends to fall in the friends-with-benefits zone with men. Her whole family has a reputation of being romantically challenged and their grandmother is eager to marry off
Shelagh
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book left me with a great big goofy grin on my face. It’s one of the quirkiest holiday romance style books I’ve ever read and I will admit to taking almost a chapter to really get into the swing of it. This story is told from four main points of view.
There’s Amy Lowery, whose family owns the Curlew Bay resort in the Whitsundays. She’s one of the few family members out of numerous aunts, sisters, and cousins who doesn’t live on the island and has only come up from Melbourne for the wedding
Kylie Plester
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Lovestruck from start to finish and in the end it was a book worth staying up to the early hours for.
Lovestruck follows the story of 4 different characters as they fall in lust and love with each other as they come together on a Whitsundays Island for a family wedding.
Amy has come back to the family resort for her Dad's wedding to his new partner. She has been unlucky in love in the past and is usually firmly in the friend zone.
Josh has come to the island for his Dad's wedding
Ayesha
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amy and her extended family are a bit of a handful. So I guess it's a good job that most of them live on an island... Only child Josh is looking forward to finally having (step) siblings, but he and Amy seem to like each other a little too much! It's an interesting story with emphasis on Amy and her "good bloke" cousin, Harry; both of who have interfering sisters (and other assorted relations). The two grooms (ie dads) are quite sweet with their wedding bliss, but it's the rest of Amy's family ...more
Kim
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovestruck is the perfect book to read on your Summer holiday – which is what I did!
It’s a light-hearted, relaxing read about a family who all gather together in the Whitsundays to celebrate a wedding. There are few characters to keep track of, but I enjoyed getting to know them with Amy “unlucky in love” being one of my favourites. For example, she meets handsome Josh with whom she feels a connection (or as she calls it “The Pull”), only to discover he’s her soon to be stepbrother.
This is a
Kate
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Lovestruck is one of those books I wish I could reread again for the first time. It’s fun and full of those characters that you love (and sometimes love to hate). This romcom in novel form makes me appreciate how normal my own life is in comparison. This book is slightly predictable but in a way I found comforting. Sometimes all I want to read is a book where I think I know how it’s going to end because it’s the journey I want not necessary a twist ending. And Lovestruck is that kind of book. It ...more
Belle
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this! It was such a fresh and candid read. I felt like I was reading my way through a Rom-Com. It had adventure, humour and tension, everything a story needs to keep you entertained and eager to keep reading. It was so easy to read and very relate-able in parts. The characters were so human it felt as if I knew them. Finishing this book was much like finishing a wonderful tropical holiday... I didn't want it to end! I also just adored the cover. I know covers are subject to change ...more
Karyn
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovestruck

A light romantic holiday read.
Amy looking for love is attending her fathers wedding to Sanjay. Her mum and her sister who are both single would love to find that special one too. Amy feels ‘the pull’ when a hot stranger walks into the bar in the island holiday resort her family owns. Only problem is the hot stranger, Josh, is actually her soon to be step brother. Josh is over the moon that his dad is marrying Amy’s dad and that he has an extended new family as he is an only child.
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Bronwyn Sell has created a gorgeous piece of romantic fiction in Lovestruck. This lighthearted narrative is all about finding love in the most unlikeliest of places and features a sprinkle of humour for good measure. There are plenty of relatable characters and the familiar family dynamics will instantly transport you to memories of your own family functions. An easy yet enjoyable and satisfying read. Thank you Better Reading for the advanced preview!
Amy
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this book from beginning to end! For a 500 page book I got through it in no time!

Once I started I couldn’t get enough. This is a heartfelt book about true love and “the pull”. Finding that one person meant for you.

Throughout the book we follow the journeys of multiple characters and their love lives through the ups and downs until the end!
Amazing style of writing that keeps you hooked word for word until the end.

Thankyou better reading preview for the chance to review this book!
Anna Loder
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Such a fun, summertime, romantic comedy of a read! I loved it!! What’s not to love about a rom com set on a tropical island with characters well formed and 3 dimensional! A book that could only have been written today, full of emojis, 2020 humour and dirty dancing! Loved it
Rosalind Martin
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great dialogue - a funny, emotional read :)
Adriarn Reynolds
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book the characters had depth and the families were real with laughter and happiness.
The writing was delightful and the setting so Australian
The hidden Gem of 2020
Amy Ludlow
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Un-put-down-able. Is this even a word?? It is now!! Such a good read. Laughed out loud several times.
Emma
Jan 28, 2020
rated it did not like it
Feb 16, 2020

• The Strangers We Know
  • The Daughter of Victory Lights
  • Riptides
  • The Bass Rock
  • Jeg skal savne deg i morgen (Thorkild Aske, #1)
  • Sharks in the Time of Saviors
  • My Dark Vanessa
  • Jane In Love
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • Silver
  • The Giver of Stars
Bronwyn Sell is many things—novelist, journalist, travel writer, bestselling non-fiction author, yogi, theatre nerd, soccer mum, wife, lover of wines in the sun with friends, perpetually terrified taker-of-creative-risks—but at heart she's an eternal romantic and optimist who loves playing with words and imaginary friends.

Her journalism and travel writing have won national awards in her native