Start by marking “Passport to Death (Dotan Naor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Passport to Death (Dotan Naor, #2)

Passport to Death

(A Dotan Naor Thriller #2)

Perfect for fans of Daniel Silva and Nelson DeMille.

Dotan Naor, an Israeli private investigator, ousted from Shin Bet—Israel's internal security service—goes to Thailand to find Sigal Bardon, a beautiful young girl from a wealthy Israeli family. Sigal has disappeared in Bangkok—completely. Dotan has connections in Thailand and he's familiar with Bangkok's dark side—the narrow al

Published November 5th 2019 by Oceanview Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Passport to Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passport to Death

Start your review of Passport to Death (Dotan Naor, #2)
Kylie D
After really enjoying Yigal Zur's previous book Death in Shangri-La I was looking forward to reading the next in the Dotan Naor saga. I'm glad to say it lived up to expectations.

In this novel Dotan travels to Bangkok in search of a missing girl from an affluent family. His investigations take him to the underbelly of Bangkok life, where sex and drugs rule, life is cheap, and people have a tendency to disappear. So has the girl disappeared voluntarily? Or was something, or someone, else the cause? A
Kerri
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
I enjoyed the first Dotan Naor book, 'Death in Shangri-la' which I read earlier this year, so was pleased to see a second one had been translated into English.

This time we follow Naor to Bangkok, in search of a missing Israeli woman. The mystery was intriguing, and grew quite complicated. The plot moved quickly, so I'm hesitant to say anything beyond that. I often had no idea where things were going, but was happy enough to follow along!

There were some unexpected snippets a
Darinda
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Dotan Naor series by Yigal Zur. Dotan Naor is a former Israeli agent turned private investigator. In this book, Dotan travels to Thailand to locate a missing young woman.

A captivating mystery involving the dark side of Bangkok. Dotan's investigation into the missing woman takes some turns and becomes more complex than he expected. Dotan is an interesting character, and more things from his past are revealed in this novel.

An enjoyable read with intri
Dave
This is a story about the dark side of paradise, a tropical fantasyland where there are no limits, where anything goes, and where the world-weary and the young naive adventurers fall down into Dante's inferno, Bangkok-style.

Dotar Noar is a private eye, but he doesn't walk the mean streets of Los Angeles or the darkened streets of New York. Noar is an ex-operative from Tel Aviv tasked by anxious parents with finding their wayward adult children who have succumbed to the drug dens and sexual perv
Alan Cotterell
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-2019
Firstly I would like to thank the author Yigal Zur for sending me a copy of the book in return for my honest opinion.
I loved the first book, and was hoping he could produce a worthy follow up book. I am very pleased to say he has done it again. Yet again it is set in an amazing part of the world, Bankok this time. It is a wonderful mixture of private investigator, and social commentary, spirituality, corruption and even a sprinkling of romance thrown in.
This is fast paced, thoroughly
Yigal Zur
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
i am not going the write a review on my thriller. just putting two blurbs of two amazing thriller writers i admire. and i will let you to judge by yourself. it was the first thriller i wrote after 10 books which included novels and non-fiction. i started writing thrillers after a long periood of silence which happened to me after realising an amazing novel in the year 2000 which i worked for 5 years on. that was when a small war happened here in Israel and all culture with books died for more th ...more
Helga
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, mystery, series
A quick read. Dark and intriguing.

The private investigator Dotan Naor is commissioned to investigate the disappearance of the twenty six year old Sigal Bardon in Bangkok.
As Dotan lands in Thailand, he realizes that this may not be a simple missing persons’ case; that all is not as it seems; that all bets are off.

Is Sigal alive? Where is she? Is she hiding or someone took her?
Why?

Thanks to the author Yigal Zur for sending me a free copy in return for my hones
Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)
Received a copy for a honest review.

If you liked Y. Zur style of #1, you will definitely like #2. I had problems with it.

I mostly like Dotan Naor when he is working alone aka without any other characters around. Then I think he blooms as a character, has time to acknowledge background and I can take a glimpse into his mind (of an investigator) as a reader. Shitstorm happens when Dotan is around other people. Somehow everything falls into places too easily - the first cab driver has
Mark
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, pi, thriller
This is the second installment of the series as translated from Hebrew into English, and to be open about it I received a copy from the writer in exchange for an honest review.

Dotan Noar has an Private investigation agency that specializes in finding people in the Asia, this time he flies to Bangkok to find an Israeli woman who seems to have disappeared. Naor flies in with a bare knowledge of what is going on.
As the book progresses Naor finds out more but is always in doubt tha
Sally Cronin
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
An edgy thriller

For book lovers with a leaning towards action thrillers, Passport to Death certainly ticks most of the boxes. Set in the seedier parts of Bangkok with a cast of characters who are various shades of dark, there is no dawdling as we get right into the intrigue surrounding the disappearance of Sigal Bardon who appears to have got on the wrong side of some very uncompromising individuals.

The mystery deepens as various interested parties insinuate themselves in
Toni Osborne
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: upcoming-reviews
Book #2 in the Dotan Naor Series

The story in a few words:

Dotan Naor, an Israeli private investigator, goes to Thailand to find Sigal Bardon who has disappeared in Bangkok. Dotan is familiar with the city’s dark side and he knows in his search every path will be blocked but this will not deter him in his pursuit for Sigal Bardon. Dotan is one who specializes in rescuing missing young Israelis abroad.

My thoughts:

Dotan, this tough-talking Tel Aviv private eye na
Zeb Kantrowitz
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edleweiss-read
How does an Israeli detective go about finding a missing girl in Bangkok, Thailand? The only info that he has was a vague description of the girl and where she would have been staying.

Dotan Naor had been fired from an Israeli detective department because he had been involved in a Police mistake. Being only partially responsible he and his partner were both fired. He was now working as a PI. The girls family had called to plead that he try to find her in Thailand. So he went off to Ba
Alex  Jones
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Yigal Zur for my gifted digital copy of his new action thriller ‘ Passport to Death’ starring his Israeli P.I, Dotan Naor. I received this copy for an honest unbiased review.

When the daughter of a wealthy family goes missing on the streets of Bangkok, Thailand, Dotan Naor heads to Bangkok to try to find the girl in a city full of true unadulterated madness.

Dotan soon realises this is more than a case of just a missing girl, drawn into a dark web of gangsters, dr
Samfreene
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Within this world there are those that find themselves in situations that will bring them danger. Sometimes it takes fortitude, drive and skills to bring back what you had before as Dotan Naor Tel Aviv private eye, finds himself embroiled in a search for a young girl who has disappeared. But, did she intentionally disappear, or did someone make sure she would never be found. In Bangkok and Thailand, the primary settings for this thriller, we learn more about how Dotan rescues young Israelis tha
Eric
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways, mystery
Received as a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for a fair review. Very good, enjoyable mystery.
Grace J Reviewerlady
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A grand second outing for Israeli investigator Dotan Naor - packed with events, so keep your attention firmly on the story!

This time round, Dotan heads to Thailand - at the drop of a hat - to search for Sigal Bardon who, like so many, has gone missing whilst backpacking. A bit sketchy on details, Dotan hits the ground running but when he comes her passport it seems just a bit too easy - so what's really going on here?

Another good read from Yigal Zur, and one that I had to
Ronald Barak
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Author Yigal Zur and his international protagonist Dotan Naor of Israel are back at it again, this time in Passport to Death. I first met Naor in Death in Shangri-La, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Passport is even more engaging, hard as I would have thought that could be. Both are genuine must reads!
Judie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Passport to Death isn't as good as the first in this series - everything fell into place too easily.
Fabienne Herc
Oct 13, 2019
Yigal Zur
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sasho Ognenovski
Goodreads Reviewe...: giveaway to my new thriller 1 5 Sep 20, 2019 01:41AM

• The Plague
  • Blues in the Dark
  • Hemingway: A Biography
  • The Nightmare (Joona Linna, #2)
  • The Water Dancer
  • República luminosa
  • Assassin's Run (David Slaton, #5)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • The Resistance in Western Europe, 1940-1945
  • Birdman (Jack Caffery, #1)
  • The Flower Show Murder (Monica Noble, #2)
  • Old Bones (Nora Kelly #1)
  • The Man on the Street
  • The Siberian Dilemma (Arkady Renko #9)
  • Crazy For You (Soho Noir, #4)
  • Hands Up
  • Nina's Memento Mori
  • The River Girls (Mercy Harbor Thriller, #1)

A Dotan Naor Thriller (2 books)
  • Death in Shangri-La (Dotan Naor, #1)
“Pointing to Reut, I added, “This is her sister. They look alike.” 1 likes
“In retrospect, that was my third mistake of the day. If I’d crushed the bug’s face on the wall right then and there, fewer bodies may have been found floating in the muddy waters of the Chao Phraya River.” 0 likes