Start by marking “Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)

Princess Ballot

(Royals of Arbon Academy #1)

You have been chosen.

Those four words change Violet Spencer’s whole life, when against staggering odds, she's selected in the "princess ballot."

Arbon Academy is affectionately known as the school for Royals. Only the rich, powerful, or heir to a throne gain entry ... except for the one scholarship student accepted every five years. It's a worldwide lottery, and one
Paperback
Published December 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Princess Ballot, please sign up.
Tate James Hey Gigi, that's a really great question considering we haven't even finished writing it yet! **shrug** LOL
Katlover YA has a different definition to every author you ask. I, personally, would say this is not a YA series based on the interactions between the main…moreYA has a different definition to every author you ask. I, personally, would say this is not a YA series based on the interactions between the main character and her love interest.(less)

Start your review of Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy, #1)
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
PRINCESS-BALLOT

'PRINCESS BALLOT' is the first full length romance novel co-written by Jaymin Eve & Tate James 'Royals of Arbon Academy' series.

Not everyone is lucky enough to become one of the chosen ones, it happens every five years, so poor orphaned eighteen year old Violet Rose Spencer couldn't believe her luck when she was informed that she'd been chosen to attend Arbon Academy for the next four years on a free scholarship where over fifteen million others hadn't been so lucky, it was one of the
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Last year, I read some great books by Jaymin Eve and Tate James, so when I heard about their newest collaboration, I put it on my tbr asap. That being said, Princess Ballot has hot heroes, a badass heroine, and a cool premise, so I would've likely jumped on it regardless of who wrote it. An awesome author duo being involved was just the icing on the cake!

image host

Violet Rose Spencer, an orphan with dreams of a better future, gets the shock of a lifetime when she finds out she was selected to receive a
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
ARC received in exchange for an honest review - thank you!

DNF at 20%, because I lost interest, but it had the potential not to be totally awful so I'm being generous and giving it 2 stars. Also because I may return to it one day, but today was the release date so I'm reviewing now.

Summary

Violet Spencer is an American orphan who, out of 15 million people (which I'm pretty sure makes this worse odds than meeting an alien or something) wins the 'Princess Ballot', aka a scholarship to a
ABookLover73
FIVE GREAT (I mean MIND BLOWING) STARS for Violet and Rafe (yes, I'm still hoping that he will be her Prince Charming ) !!!

This is the first book that I've read and it had written by Jaymin Eve and Tate James.

I thought that it will be one more dark college romance, but it wasn't and because of that, I loved it more.

It's a dystopian dark college romance book in which action is placed in time after the fictional Monarch War where the world was divided into monarchies.

"Princess Ballot" is a dark
Vaishali
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading dark legacy from these authors I just have one question.... WHEN IS IT COMING????
Jypsy
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you Wildfire Marketing and the authors for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Princess Ballot
By: Jaymin Eve & Tate James

*REVIEW*
Princess Ballot is a dark college romance about a lucky(or maybe not) girl, Violet Rose. As an orphan, Violet doesn't expect much from life. One fateful day, however, Violet is informed that she, among millions, has been chosen for a full scholarship, a privilege afforded to almost no one, to attend the
Amy
3.5 Stars!

The Princess Ballot is the first book in the Royals of Arbon Academy Series and follows the story of Violet Spencer. Violet Spencer’s life is turned upside down when she discovers that she has won the Princess Ballot. You see, Violet is a ward of the state and has a tough life. When she turned 18, she couldn’t wait to be out on her own and make some better luck for herself. So, when she finds out that she’s won the Princess Ballot, Violet thinks her luck is beginning to change….Only
taveena kade
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy fuck that ending!!! Needless to say, I’m going to need a lot more of this shit now
Imee Benzon
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg i love you guys Jaymin and Tate and this collaboration would be fantastic i know it and i can't wait ...more
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
Ha, I fucking called it.

The predictability of these sorts of books leaves much to be desired. They're starting to be similar to one another, almost beat for beat. The moment Alex showed up, I instantly knew what was going to happen. The authors didn't even need to try to plant seeds with "his fiancee died under mysterious circumstances" or even the rivalry he had with Rafe. All the evidence I needed was there in the fact that Alex was friendly and not a dark, moody jerk.

Like, there was no way a
 Rosebud
Solid start but ends on a cliffhanger. It's a fusion of the FLAVOR of Harry Potter meets Game Of Thrones. A poor main character wins the lottery (Princess Lottery) with the chance to better themselves with a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend a premier college. Throw in a GoT type atmosphere in that the college houses all types of privileged aristocracy who have their own personal agenda and goals. Some good - some not.

Solid and engaging I became a fan of Violet Rose Spencer early on and
Tassi
Can we just take a moment to appreciate this book-cover? It’s simple but soo captivating at the same time. And before you realise it you look something akin to this. Although, for me I wouldn’t look nearly as adorable as that lol.

Okay, let's move onto the book! So this book recently landed on my iPad, I think, three days ago and it came as a pleasant surprise…but it totally…

I wasn’t planning on any new reviews for end of year, just coz my heads been in a funky spot and my reviews haven’t been
Annabel
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book, but that ending killed me! I can't wait for book two!
Dayang
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This is my first ARC and my first read from the authors, and I was awestruck.

I've been wanting to read something that will get me out of the funk, and reading this did the trick. From the first page to that last, I was already captivated.

Sure it's a bully romance in its essence and it's not something I haven't read before but I was riveted.

And that plot twist in the last chapter? Wow, I definitely did not see that coming.

I can't wait to read what's next. This book is definitely an awesome
Jenny
Shelves: tour, arc
Omg, omg, omg!!! This book. This book. Gah!!!

If it wasn't obvious yet, yes, I'm bumbling like a complete idiot here because this book blew me the fuck away. What the fuck was that ending? I need to have the next book right now. I need my Rafe's fix right this second. Gahhh!!!

Seriously, you guys, I started this book without breaks at all because the story itself will keep you hook from start to finish. The entitled boys of this series will drive you mad with hate or love or both, at the same
Laura Petersen
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Princess Ballot is the first book is the Arbon Academy series by Jaymin Eve and Tate James and I cannot wait to see where the story goes from here! This is such a fantastic debut for this new series!

Having won the opportunity to attend the prestigious Arbon Academy on a scholarship, Violet Spencer’s life literally changes overnight. Going from basically a ward of the state who has aged out of the system, she travels across the globe and lands smack dab in the center of a school for the world’s
CLiK Book Blog
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Princess Ballot (Royals of Arbon Academy #1)
Jaymin Eve and Tate James

Not my usual genre of story but ab intriguing blurb was enough to tweak my interest.

Almost a modern take on a Cinderella story with the main character coming from a poor background and receiving an opportunity at a prestigious education under a scholarship program.

References to a dystopian aftermath kept me interested as did the interplay between these privileged characters and the pivotal character of Violet Rose Spencer.

Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
Wow. I totally wasn’t expecting anything that happened in this story to happen. But. It. Was. Everything.

Coming into this book, I didn’t read the blurb, I just saw that Tate and Jaymin wrote it together and knew I had to read it. And I am so glad I did.

This story is crazy unique. The atmosphere that they live in is like nothing I’ve ever read before.

I won’t spoil anything but I knew there was a reason I didn’t trust some of the characters.

I have a huuuuuge crush on Rafe though. He’s dark and
Melissa Gloria -  Meli’s Books and Coffee
To say I devoured this book is an understatement. I'm not going to like I was in a bit of a book slump and this book totally got me out of it. Violet is one kickass heroine who didn't let her unfortunate upbringing bring her down. When she wins the ballot to attend Arbon Academy she will do anything to survive the four years there. But what do you do when you have a few Royals that have your attention right from the start?! This book is hot, sexy and will grab your attention from the first page. ...more
Irma
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“If you think I’m about to pat you on the back, like the rest of your sycophants, you have another think coming. I too can read, and I too enjoy the classics. You’re not Robinson Crusoe.” Rafe’s lips twitched. “Touché, Cinderella.”

This was so good. An intense, addictive treat for fans of angst-ridden bully romance. Just how am I supposed to wait until the next book comes out?!
TJ
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
Didn’t really like any of the characters. Plus the plot consisted mainly of cursing, nastiness and violence and is extremely predictable. Still, I kept reading and will probably pick up the next book.
Helen Wawrejko
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This isn't your normal academy book. A lottery that was won by an American orphan to study at the prestigious Arbon Academy. The college of princes and princesses. So many secrets.
My Literary Romance
I sooooo wanted to love this, but meh...

Honestly, Princess Ballot was more of a two-star book for me, but I did enjoy it, so three stars it gets. But (and there were a few buts).. It had a lot of problems. Pacing, some world-building, relationship development, and overall plot problems, to name a few.

Some mild spoilers ahead.

In my opinion, this was a new adult (or just an adult) book with some dystopian elements, coupled with a bit of bullying, and a bit of a love triangle, but sadly no reverse
Annette
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copies
My emotions rule my reading experience and when it comes to reading I can assure you that love at first sight is totally a thing. I can fall in love with characters within a few sentences. I can fall in love with books within a few chapters. And in this case I can fall in love head over heels with a blurb. So when review copies were available I just HAD to sign up.

And Eve and James wrote a truly amazing book together. In the first place because the book is addictive, very addictive. I started
Liz's Book Bucket List
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew that this book was going to be amazing because everything co-written by Tate James and Jaymin Eve is gold! This writing duo has written some of my favorite reads of this year and I can't wait to keep devouring anything that they write together and separately. This book delivers ALL the goods: angst, drama, brooding princes and a bad a** heroine. I loved every second!

In this fantasy romance, Violet Spencer, an orphan, wins the opportunity to attend the most prestigious college in the
Tianna✸loves books✸
Once upon a time there was a poor orphan girl who gets selected in a big royal school of riches. There she meets a prince who likes her. Then she meets a prince who hates her. So we have a Smitten prince and a Rude prince who hate each other. And she is the Cinderella.

So the Cinderella also makes a new princess friend. No development of friendship here. They are instant friends. Just like that.

So the Smitten prince asks Cinderella out and she goes on dates with him. Her princess friend try to
Jenifer
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy...yikes. What an ending. This book deserves more than 5 stars, it was absolutely amazing!!! This is a new series by these authors and I cannot wait to see what happens next!!

This book is about Violet, who wins a once in a lifetime chance to attend a royal academy college, and her journey while there. Violet grew up an orphan so she feels honored to have won. Throughout the story, things are not as they seem. Violet begins the story as a strong independent girl who turns somewhat naive by
Alphas Only Please
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
I tried to enjoy this book but I didn't quite get there, for the following reasons:
1. Everyone is gorgeous. That is totally unrealistic. There would be a mix and I think it's kind of lazy to just have everyone be pretty.
2. I found the world fairly confusing and didn't understand how it was a dystopia. It didn't feel moderately dystopic. I kept trying to imagine what it was like and that distracted me from the novel for a while. There was no sense of bleakness because she goes straight to this
Jennifer G
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Violet Rose Spencer is chosen out of over 15 million entries for a full scholarship to the Arbon Academy. The Arbon Academy educates the rulers of tomorrow. Each future king or queen attends this prestigious academy. Violet, an orphan could only hope for a modest life of servitude. Now with this scholarship, she can have the life she never dared dream of. If she can survive the politics and intrigues of the Royals.

I loved this book for the first word. Nothing is what it seems and no one is who
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First seen on Books ad Geekiness

First I just want to start by saying... What the hell was that ending??!!?? I now have to wait for the next book which is so unfair.

I just want to clarify now that although he is coming across as an absolute dick I'm already a Sucker for Rafe. Alex is just too much of the so-called "nice guy."

The writing in this is what I have come to expect from reading similar novels like this, what did sightly annoy me was a typo. I know I've made mistakes and typos, there are
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Releasing The Gods (The Titan's Saga #1)
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Play the Game (Hannaford Prep #3)
  • Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Make Your Move (Hannaford Prep #2)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Just Drop Out (Hannaford Prep #1)
  • Neutral (Curse of the Gods #4.5)
  • Broken Empire (Boys of Oak Park Prep, #3)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • I Dare You (Dare, #1)
  • Rebels (Assassin's Academy, #1)
  • Evermore Academy: Winter
  • Savage Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac #2)
  • Enemies
  • Cruel (Savannah Heirs, #1)
Jaymin Eve is the Wall Street Journal and USA Today Bestselling author of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and sci-fi novels filled with epic love stories, great adventures, and plenty of laughs. She lives in Australia with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and a couple of crazy pets. To date, she has sold close to two million ebooks, and still can't believe that she gets to create fantasy ...more

Royals of Arbon Academy (2 books)
  • Playboy Princes (Royals of Arbon Academy, #2)
“It pays to remember that you’re the charity case of our school,” he said, and his voice was so pleasant that for a beat the derision in his words didn’t quite register. “I’m offering you this advice as a courtesy. It would be safest for you if you’re seen and not heard. Sneak in and out of class, sit in the back corner, and don’t leave your dorm otherwise. That is how you survive.” 0 likes