Start by marking “Camp” as Want to Read:
Camp

Camp

From the author of the acclaimed Jack of Hearts (and other parts) comes a sweet and sharp screwball comedy that critiques the culture of toxic masculinity within the queer community.

Sixteen-year-old Randy Kapplehoff loves spending the summer at Camp Outland, a camp for queer teens. It's where he met his best friends. It's where he takes to the stage in the big musical. And
Expected publication: May 26th 2020 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp

Start your review of Camp
Kai
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer, owned
I fully support this author's mission to destroy toxic masculinity with a single queer book
Tucker

Many thanks to Alex at Little Brown Books for Young Readers for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

This is one of my favorite books that deals with mental illness! To see the others and to here me ramble about my brain, watch my video, A Brief Trip Inside My Mind!

------------
"Honey, I’ve been around the block a lot longer than you have, and I promise you, a man who makes you change to be with him isn’t worth it."

When I received this book in the mail, I didn’t expect it to be
Leo
Sep 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
This is one of those books everyone needs to read. Toxic masculinity affects everyone, and I’m looking forward to see this book shattering it into a thousand little glittery pieces.
Dahlia
Oh oh oh I adored so many things about this that I'm overwhelmed just trying to talk about it. My appreciation for Lev Rosen as a queer YA author is just through the freaking roof. As with JACK, I really, really appreciate the conversations this book has, the identities it respects, the sexual transparency, and the general love letter-ness to queer spaces.
Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
Wow this book is really coming for toxic masculinity (in the LGBTQ community too) and I am so here for it
lottie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS THE CUTEST GODDAMN THING I HAVE EVER READ
rachel ☾

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagramThe Book Depository
Audrey Hill
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though this book hasn't been published yet, I was very glad to be reading it. At first, I didn't know what to expect; I hadn't heard of it and when I got it, I didn't read the back cover or anything to see what it might entail.
I loved it! The story was funny and serious and clever. It was confusing at times when the author wrote about one of the character who is gender neutral so they used the pronoun 'they'. This confused me because it was only talking about one person, yet using a word
Anna
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
For the last few summers, Randy has come to Camp Outland, a camp for queer teens. He was free to be himself more fully, even being the lead in the musical there last summer. But this year, Randy is gone, and Del is here instead. Del doesn’t wear nail polish. Dell doesn’t do musical. Del does sports instead. Del wears different clothes.

Why? So Randy aka Del can attract Hudson, a guy who is only into “straight-acting” guys. He has a plan. He will get Hudson to fall in love with Del and reveal
Akelly
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
*could not finish, read 200 pg's* The pacing was poorly executed, the protagonist's inner life could have been more interesting, it read like a 15 year old gay boy's wet dream and the dialogue didn't feel like what teens actually sound like (this happens so often!).
Kit Williamson
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's the queer teen rom com of your dreams! I can't overstate how much it would've meant to me to come across this book as a little gay boy growing up in Mississippi. Funny, full of heart and so well written--I can't recommend it enough!
mghrebia
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very cute!
May Regan
Dec 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
you're really gonna do this to me? right before my 2020 resolution to read less and get out more? OH WELL.
Phil Stamper
Knobby
Mira C.

• Stay Gold
  • Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You
  • Hither, Page (Page & Sommers, #1)
  • The Falling in Love Montage
  • In the Dream House
  • The Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky (Montague Siblings, #1.5)
  • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
  • Bloom
  • Stargazing
  • Me
  • Black Brother, Black Brother
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • I Wish You All the Best
  • We Are Totally Normal
LEV AC ROSEN is the author of books for all ages. Two for adults: All Men of Genius (Amazon Best of the Month, Audie Award Finalist) and Depth (Amazon Best of the Year, Shamus Award Finalist, Kirkus Best Science Fiction for April). Two middle-grade books: Woundabout (illustrated by his brother, Ellis Rosen), and The Memory Wall. His first Young Adult Novel, Jack of Hearts (and other parts) is ...more