Start by marking “The Secret Seaside Escape” as Want to Read:

***THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR***

Escape to the seaside with the brand new novel from Heidi Swain, the Sunday Times bestselling author of feel-good women’s fiction!

Tess Tyler needs a break. Weighed down by her high-pressure job and her demanding father, she’s left little time to take care of herself. But after a shocking discovery sends her spiralling, she flees
Expected publication: April 30th 2020 by Simon & Schuster UK

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Seaside Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Seaside Escape

Start your review of The Secret Seaside Escape
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Secret Seaside Escape is, in my opinion, Heidi’s best book to date (and I love all her wonderful books), this is a beautiful story; I loved it and was enthralled from the first page, right through to the last. I felt as though I was there; a part of the community which was all so vivid in my mind, and now I feel at a loss.
I adored Tess. In fact, I adored most of the characters, from kind-hearted ladies: Joan and Sophie, to comical elderly gent George, and not forgetting the Wynmouth gang!
Becky Sumner
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this more stars I would!
Anyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Heidi Swain fan, I recommend her to anyone who would listen and can't wait for each book to be released. I got this one early as a pre release and I have to say it is her best yet!
I instantly fell in love with the people, the place and everything else. I want to book the cottage and I want to holiday in Wynmouth!
Thank you Heidi for again releasing a fabulous book which makes me laugh, smile, cry and get angry and feel
Annette
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Heidi Swain book I have read and OMG I can't wait to read more.
I got this as a pre release via Netgalley and it deserves every star I have given it. I absolutely loved it. I'm sad to of finished it.
I loved this book from start to finish. I fell in love with the characters and the tranquil seaside setting. I thought It was going to be predictable but I was so wrong, It was full of twists and turns that I just did not see coming and kept me wanting to read more. Its left me
Sharon Williams
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow What a book thank you very much netgalley for this copy I loved it.
It's about a lady called Tess who works for her father in a high flying job doing pr but after a rough few weeks with losing her mother and having to deal with a nightmare celeb. And realising she hasnt had any of her annual leave over the year's she decides she needsca break after helping her father go through her mother's clothes and bits she finds a diary and decides to go to wymouth where they used to holiday when she
Sharon Williams
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow What a book thank you very much netgalley for this copy I loved it.
Paula Ralph
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After being kindly sent this book I couldn’t wait to get started on it!
The story begins with Tess outlining her life of working for her fathers PR company. She unexpectedly lost her mother a little over a year ago and has thrown herself head first into work to try and cope with the loss and grief she has felt but all it’s done is physically and emotionally exhaust her and has left her dreaming and reminiscing of past holidays as a young girl in the wonderful village Wynmouth.
After going
Sally Tyrer
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic Heidi book! I loved this book from start to finish, a perfect summery read that instantly transports you to the idyllic seaside setting of wynmouth complete with likeable characters such as Sophie, Sam, joe, Charlie, hope and George with his meddling ways!
Tess Tyler finds herself back in her favourite childhood holiday location after taking an abrupt leave of abscence from work, instantly she is absorbed into the community and feels as though she belongs in this close knit
SJ
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I first have to say thank you to NetGalley and Heidi Swain for allowing me to read the e-book ahead of release, this was my first Heidi Swain book I have a few books of hers in my reading nook that haven’t been read yet but I can safely say they are going to be after this!

It was not a disappointment at all so many good reviews on Heidi swain books and I am so so glad to be one of them! The story itself was amazing without trying to give anything away all I can say is emotions were high
Becky Sumner
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I could give this more stars I would!
Karen Knight
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given an advance copy of this book but the views below are my honest opinion.

This book follows Tess who decides that throwing herself into work after her mother’s death has not done her any favours and she needs a break. She decides very last minute to go back to the seaside town where she had happy memories with her Mum and Dad and where she had her first kiss.

She soon finds herself getting involved with the locals, helping them out with business help and finds the person who gave her her
Naomi
Shelves: 2020-reads
I didn't think I could fall in love with a Heidi Swain book any more than I have previously but how wrong was I? This book was utterly captivating from start to finish. The characters were not only relatable, funny and engaging but they also really felt like they were real to the reader due to their depth and authenticity. The book is full of love, humour, heartache, food, connections and it has some really clever twists and turns that I didn't see coming! It has an overall, really poignant ...more
Shirley
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I managed to read this book having avoided any spoilers, so I am going to try not to spoil it for other readers. With too much to deal with in her life, Tess decides she needs to get away for a while and her go to place is one that holds so many happy memories from her childhood, Wynmouth. Instead of taking things easy, Tess gets involved in the daily life of the seaside community. We meet some lovely characters along the way and it would be great to revisit Wynmouth soon. There is definitely ...more
Naomi
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I could fall in love with a Heidi Swain book any more than I have previously but how wrong was I? This book was utterly captivating from start to finish. The characters were not only relatable, funny and engaging...they really felt like they were real to the reader due to their depth and authenticity. The book is full of love, humour, heartache, food, connections and it has some really clever twists and turns that I didn't see coming! It has an overall, really poignant message of ...more
Jeanie

Review by

jeanie m, Reviewer
Last updated on 9 Feb 2020
My Recommendation

Thanks to Simon and Schuster and netgalley for a Arc.
Having read all of Heidi's books over the years I was delighted to read this new one.
I loved the slightly new style of writing and being by the beach made reading this FANTASTIC book even more so.
Roberta
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, it was a mostly relaxing read. A summer romance with a little bit of mystery. I liked the fact that the characters did not immediately jump into bed together, even though they were attracted to one another. The characters in general seemed realistic and the character development was good.

The only thing I found irritating, was the way everyone continually jumped to conclusions and didn’t bother to actually communicate with one another about important topics.

If you are looking
charlotte walker
I received this book via Netgalley and give it my honest review.
I couldn't put this one down! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
The seaside setting is perfect and Tess is a fantastic character, the storyline is full of twists and turns and amazing characters. like a Mr Whippy ice cream on a crunchie cone, it is everything the seaside is made of!
I would love to visit Wynmouth again please Heidi Swain!
Oriana Blyth (_head_in_a_book)
BOOK REVIEW

Oh my WORD!!! This was absolutely worth the wait Heidi Swain has only gone and done it again!!!!!

I was approved today by NetGalley to read and review this and I’ve just finished it!

This book was absolutely magnificent and I was so excited to receive it today! I could not put it down, and fell in love with the residents of Wynmouth straight away.

Tess is a wonderful character and I instantly warmed to her. The friendships she makes on returning to Wynmouth are lovely and I adored
Anitajt
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Exhausted by her workload, Tess manages to escape to the seaside town of Wynmouth and meets the community within. With romance, mystery, secrets and misunderstandings you won’t be disappointed. Grab a cuppa, a comfy seat and enjoy.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
I absolutely adored this book. All the other Heidi Swain books I have read have had Christmassy feels, so this was a change. I found myself in Tess's shoes & fell in love with the idea of living in a town like Wynmouth myself. I hope that this is going to be the first in a series of Wynmouth books. Many thanks to Netgalley for this ARC.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another cosy gem from Heidi Swain, this time set in her gorgeous new seaside location of Wynmouth. She introduces some fabulous new characters whom I hope we’ll hear more about in future and a storyline full of secrets and mixups. This is a lovely read to just relax with and easily as good as Heidi’s previous books.
Jeanie
Feb 09, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Simon and Schuster and netgalley for a Arc.
Following the lives of Tess Sam Joe and Hope anything is possible in the seaside town of Weymouth a fabulously warm intriguing plot that keeps your senses heightened till the very end.
As always a truly inspirational read.
Sinead
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once I see a Heidi Swain book I have to read it. I thought this book was slightly different to the rest, with a twist towards the end. Good book!
Sam
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
3.5*
Diane
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Heidi Swain has delivered a beautiful or should I say bootiful book with the most delightful characters. I didn’t want this book to end it was so good and the storyline was amazing
Kelly
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, net-galley
Absolutely loved this book. I couldn’t put it down and if real life hadn’t gotten in the way I would have read it in a day. The perfect book to curl up with on a rainy day, it made me yearn for summer and a beach holiday. Another fantastic story and location, let’s hope there’s more stories for this lovely place.
Paula Ralph
Feb 11, 2020
George
Feb 16, 2020
Jenn Webley
Feb 09, 2020

• New Beginnings At Glendale Hall
  • The Cottage on Wildflower Lane
  • New Beginnings at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 2)
  • Clover Cottage
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple)
  • More Jade
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • From Here to Nashville (From Here to You #1)
  • The Real Beatrix Potter
  • Snowflakes at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #3)
  • In Five Years
  • My Pear-Shaped Life
  • The Secret Letter
  • Summer at Lavender Bay (Lavender Bay #2)
  • Broken Hearts at Brightwater Bay
  • An Ocean Between Us: The gripping new page-turner from the author of The Ballroom Cafe and The Judge's Wife
  • Hillary's Back! (DI Hillary Greene, #18)
Although passionate about writing from an early age, Heidi Swain gained a degree in Literature, flirted briefly with a newspaper career, married and had two children before she finally plucked up the courage to join a creative writing class and take her literary ambitions seriously.

A lover of Galaxy bars, vintage paraphernalia and the odd bottle of fizz, she now writes contemporary fiction and