Start by marking “The Harvest Moon (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Harvest Moon (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #1)

The Harvest Moon

( Darkly Enchanted Romance #1)

England, 1834.

On the night of a harvest moon, in the shadow of Mabon, Malcolm comes across a quaint village tucked away in the forest. It seems the perfect spot for a weary traveller to lay his head, and maybe find a little company. But there is dark magic afoot, and lots of local gossip swirls around the seductive titian-haired weaver, Daniel. All Malcolm seek
Published September 23rd 2019 by Moody Boxfan Books

To ask other readers questions about The Harvest Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Harvest Moon

Start your review of The Harvest Moon (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #1)
Len Evans Jr
Wow, wow, wow!
This author sure managed to pack a huge amount of emotion and mystery into just 50 short pages. The writing is lyrical and just flows so easily that reading it is effortless. Just totally blown away by how much of an emotional response the story evoked in me. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would!
Victoria Hamilton
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Harvest Moon (Darkly Enchanted Romance, #1) by Joshua Ian

Do read this lovely and lyrical romantic tale. Adorned with all the elements of the best fairy tales - mystery, romance, magic, and a curse! - it will stay with you long after you finish the last page. I look forward to more to come from this talented author!
Joyfully Jay
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: camille
A Joyfully Jay review.

The Harvest Moon is a charming, short, fairytale-like story about a magical village and two people finding love there. I thought Ian built just enough of a world to evoke a bygone era of travel by horse and tailored clothes. Daniel’s backstory gives further clues about the general time period by referencing witch trials. There is also a strong sense of mystery built into the story. This is reflected in the heretofore unnoticed town where Malcom stops, Daniel’s i
Elaine White
** I WAS GIVEN THIS BOOK FOR MY READING PLEASURE **

~

The Harvest Moon (Darkly Enchanted Romance #1), by Joshua Ian
★★★★★
60 Pages
POV: 3rd person, single character POV

O.M.G. This was BEAUTIFUL!
I'll admit, I absolutely chose this for the cover and the title. Once I saw those, I completely ignored my hectic schedule and signed up to read/review this. And I'm so glad that I did!

The Harvest Moon is a sweeping romance that took
Janna Lucille
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marvelous novella. Can't wait for the next one in this series! In a quick read, the author manages to give such a deep and captivating story. The mood of it is palpable and you feel the village and everything as he describes it. It is magical and a little spooky, but completely thrilling. I found myself running the gamut - at first there was intrigue, then sexiness (no explicit sex but chemistry is hot), then fear, then mystery, and then at the end I shed a tear at the sweetness and tenderness. ...more
Belinda Zamora
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Malcolm is traveling through the woods on his way back to his estate.
He stumbles upon a hidden village.
He stops at an inn for an evening's rest before continuing on his way.
Being curious, he decides to take a walk, exploring the area.
He encounters a young man, Daniel who invites him back to his cottage.
As the time period is Victorian England, they must be extremely careful about expressing their true intentions.
They spend what seems to be a magical night toget
Lisa Pickren
Sep 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect from this short story, but I know I wanted something short and easy to read. And this was it. The two MCs, Daniel and Malcolm, meet on the night of the Harvest moon and it goes from there, both past and future. We get a glimpse into Daniel's past and how it's affected his future up to the present. And then he meets Malcolm and his future changes. In a good way.
Sidenote: I actually just realized that the Harvest moon is tonight while I was reading this!! Even be
ReadsAlot
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~~~~
A catchy and quick, but in-depth story highlighting a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. A spooky tale of a traveler who restlessly follows a handsome lad to his cottage deep in the dark night woods. I won’t spoil it (I hope) but there is trust and lust and brief but memorable character development of the villagers, intriguing back-stories shared by protagonists, and plenty of suspicious tension regarding mysterious doings hidden in the forest from which there is no returning.
Caroline Doig
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and wow there is so much in this story it’s only 50 pages but it’s chock full of emotion, it’s set in the Victorian era where being gay was never talked about it was a no no in their society. On his way back to his estate Malcolm comes upon a man in the woods Daniel and he asks Malcolm if he would like to go back to his cottage so Malcolm does and he spends the night but the next day Malcolm hears about an old man living in the woods so when he goes ...more
Jill
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is full of mystery and magic and is a quick read. It is well written, entertaining and holds your interest. Through magic, the old weaver is able to become Daniel once a year in order to survive and continue his search for his lost love Thomas. Malcolm seems to be the one person to break the curse. It is an interesting story, not what I was expecting, but still a great read. I would recommend this book.
Suzanne Irving
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Moody and dark this short story by Joshua Ian is reminiscent of one of Grimm’s fairytales. A man is forced to spend a night in a small village because his horse is tired and he meets a young man on the edge of a forest. We are never told where or when this is set except that it is obviously not modern day. I won’t give away the plot but will say that this is very well written and fun to read.

Cat C
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darkly enchanting autumnal romance

I have to admit, I mostly bought this for the gorgeous cover (tropey tucked in shirt and all, haha). But the lyrical writing also pulled me in and gave me a wonderful queer fairy tale romance. A perfect quick read on a fall evening. I'm excited to read more by this author!

Please note there is some homophobic violence described on page.
Misty

Luce
added it
Sep 23, 2019
Joshua Ian
Oct 02, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amy
Dana
Oct 30, 2019
Iris
Nov 05, 2019
Joshua Ian can easily be captured by a witty turn of phrase or a low-bottomed electronic bassline. If you manage to combine the two, then you have his heart forever. He lives in New York City and writes mostly speculative, historical, and sci-fi/fantasy fiction but he does love a good mystery. He watches too many movies, eats too much dark chocolate, and falls into way too many Wikipedia rabbit ho ...more