Start by marking “The Twin Towers” as Want to Read:
The Twin Towers

The Twin Towers

(Time Tunnel #1)

December 12, 2001. Three months have passed since the twin towers collapsed, killing Major Kyle Mason’s newlywed bride. His Delta Force unit is now in Afghanistan, on the doorstep of Osama Bin Laden’s Tora Bora mountain fortress. Kyle is close to his target – within 100 meters of avenging his wife’s death.

As Delta closes for the kill, a corrupt Afghan warlord betrays the
Published September 4th 2019 by Time Tunnel Media, LLC

Start your review of The Twin Towers
Rebecca McNutt
Writing fiction around an event such as the September 11th Attacks can be a slippery slope, but honestly I think that Richard Todd has captured the importance of this tragic and complicated moment in history with a lot of humanity and respect. Taking a new angle in speculative fiction by exploring 9/11 in relation to time travel, The Twin Towers (the first in the 'Time Tunnel' series) considers what would happen if it was possible to alter the course of history.

Kyle, the main character, lost his
Carla
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What if 9/11 happened differently?

All I can say is WOW!
What does the alien crash at Roswell and the Twin Towers destruction September 11, 2001 have in common? Time travel.
Well written and a joy to read is this first of a series novel. I am so looking forward to the next book.
Katinka
This book starts off with a mysterious craft crashing in what will eventually come to be known as Area 51. The government rushes to cover up the fact that the type of craft that crashed appears to have not been from Earth and contains 4 seemingly alien bodies. But what is it really? And where did it come from? For many years these questions have plagued society. Area 51 has become legendary, and people both do and don’t believe that there is a huge conspiracy to cover up the truth of the matter. ...more
N.R. Brooks
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read!

I picked this up as a recommendation from a friend because I had written a similar book a year earlier. I didn’t read it to compare works, I merely wanted to see what different ideas were brought to the table. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.

The author took a vastly different turn in how he brought about the time travel aspect and I thought it was wonderfully executed. While the plot of the book revolves around stopping 9/11, the brunt of the story focuses on the time
Bill Sullivan
I received a copy of The Twin Towers by Richard Todd in a Goodreads giveaway and I'm really glad I did. This story combines 9/11, Roswell, time travel and the middle east wars in one novel and it was a fun read. There is a wide range of characters and a fast moving plot that moves easily from different times and viewpoints without confusing the readers. The finish was unexpected and I can't wait for the next volume. The Twin Towers is a Goodread for all.
Dave Anderson
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
Let's be honest: 9/11 is THE most painful event in modern history. The Twin Towers addresses that pain. The novel by Richard Todd reads like a Michael Crichton novel. If Michael Crichton brainstormed with James Patterson and Tom Clancy. Todd injects real science into the science fiction of time travel. The science makes sense and the characters are all very real and believable.

This is an incredible story.
Barbara Ranous
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Interesting concept - enjoyed the story. One of those stories that I wanted to read right to the end in one sitting. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review this story. Appreciate it.
Mary
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique read
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was more comprehensive than the first, which I enjoyed. A lot more back story. It was still a very exciting read, a page turner. Loved it! The science along with the fiction was perfect.
Pat G.
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!!!!
This book was fantastic. I totally enjoyed it. The pace was excellent and the characters were fascinating.
Major Kyle Mason lost his wife Padma to the terrorist attack on 9-11. He is special forces and heads to Afganistan trying to kill Osama Bin Laden. Due to a corrupt Afgan warlord he fails to find and kill him. Kyle disappears when he gets back to the United States.
However there is a secret group of people that feel the past can be changed. And the one to change it could be Kyle.
Terry
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't imagine that successfully pulling off a time travel novel is easy, but author Richard Todd does it well. This is an extremely enjoyable, well written novel, and I'm looking forward to the next books in the series.
Ann
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I can't wait to read upcoming books in this series.
It starts out the day before 9/11, Padma and Kyle eloped and were in a hotel in NYC. Then it takes us back to 1947 Roswell New Mexico. Each chapter tells you exactly where and when it takes place, which is something I really like in a novel.
The author takes us through the details leading up to 9/11 and ties it into Area 51, being a Time Tunnel and Kyle is responsible for killing the terrorists before 9/11 happens.
Very well
Bruce Walker
This is the first in a series of science fiction works by this author. I found it to be an easy read, a book that draws you in once you start. Nevertheless, to me, the conclusion was far from a conclusion, leaving too many loose ends. I suspect that was the author's intent to entice the reader to get the next book (not sure I am that enticed).

There are numerous editing errors (e.g., missing words, incorrect dates, misspelled words). Also, the use of sex and abundance of profanity is completely
Kristian
I won this book as part of a Goodreads Giveaway. I enjoyed this book.I found it very choppy and some of the development to be odd. It didn't really flow However, I really liked the story and the idea. It was easy to read. The images added to the book really made it easy to understand some of the ideas the author. I found the backgrounds on the 9/11 attackers really interesting. I might really give it a 3.5. what I really wanted was to get more about the lead if the author wants to create a ...more
Gwen
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Know there is going to be at least one more book, so maybe this point will be addressed somehow, but though the book was good, I was unable to give it 5 stars because I have read there were more terrorists that were thwarted in their plans by the grounding of planes on 9/11. What happened in that regard was not addressed in the book and kept nagging in my mind.

I received this book free from Good Reads First Reads.
Jackie Morris
Jamie
Nov 04, 2019
Will  Ferrick
Oct 15, 2019

• All the Best Lies (Ellery Hathaway #3)
  • The Holdout
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • Girls & Sex: Navigating the Complicated New Landscape
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • In the Dream House
  • Strangely Enough
  • Without Sanction (Matt Drake #1)
  • Lines in the Sand (Lone Star #3)
  • A Damned Fine War: A Novel of Alternate History
  • The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • The Touch: A Supernatural Story (The Touch, #1)
  • Fallon
  • Rebel (Legend, #4)
  • Miles Morales: Spider-Man
  • The Universe Is Calling You: Connecting with Essence to Live with Positive Energy, Love, and Power
  • The Art of Resistance
  • The Body: A Guide for Occupants
Richard Todd is a writer, inventor, and entrepreneur.

As a contributor to the Huffington Post and the San Francisco Chronicle, he has interviewed astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, Virgin Group founder and chairman Sir Richard Branson, “Interstellar” executive producer Kip Thorne, economist and EU advisor Jeremy Rifkin, Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak, Pulitzer Prize winning author Jane Smiley,

Time Tunnel (2 books)
  • The Empire (Time Tunnel #2)