Start by marking “Carter (Twilight Falls #2)” as Want to Read:
Carter (Twilight Falls #2)

Carter

(Twilight Falls #2)

Carter’s carefree, movie star lifestyle comes to an abrupt end when he becomes the guardian to a little girl he has never met before. Will his hot new neighbor Elijah prove to be the one thing he and Maisie need to make their family whole?

Carter Wilson has it all. A dazzling career, fame, fortune, and women falling at his feet. All that changes the day he becomes the

Published January 31st 2020 by A.M. Salinger

To ask other readers questions about Carter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carter

Start your review of Carter (Twilight Falls #2)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Books about famous people, especially actors, just aren't my thing. I don't like the whole paparazzi thing and am not impressed by wealth and fame. I prefer reading about ordinary people.

That being said, I liked Carter the novel AND Carter the man. Carter is a self-admitted man-whore. He's bisexual but rarely hooks up with guys, since he's worried his career will tank if he's outed as bi.

All that changes when he is forced to return to Twilight Falls and meets Elijah, a pastry chef newly
Zoe
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Seductive, sweet, and downright salacious!

Carter is the sultry, heartwarming novel featuring the dedicated, talented, pastry chef Elijah and the hard-bodied, hunky, movie star Carter as they discover together a sense of purpose, passion, and fulfilment beyond their careers and the importance of family, friendship, and a place to call home.

The writing is provocative and light. The characters are devoted, supportive, and kind. And the plot unravels quickly into a tale full of sizzling chemistry,
Nadine Bookaholic
To me this book was about second chances, not with one another but about their lives in general...maybe next chapters is a better term to use.

We all experience new chapters in our lives whether it's a new job, finishing school, getting married, well you get the idea, and not all of them are easy sometimes we find road blocks or something trying to pull us back to where we use to be.

Carter's story was heartbreaking at times and I couldn't tell you who I loved more, Carter, Elijah, or Maisie.

Mari  Cardenas
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-25-stars, cute, fun, hot
4.25 Stars!

Carter is book 2 in the Twilight Falls series and it can be read as a standalone, although you'll probably want to read Alex (book 1) at some point and meet this yummy group of friends.

Carter is a big action movie star/playboy/closeted bi, who is suddenly thrown out of the loop when tragedy strikes and he's left as the sole guardian of his young niece, Maisie (who is totally adorbs). Carter jumps into his new role with both feet, trying to help Maisie with her grief at the death of
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Carter Wilson is an actor who lives his life in the spotlight. He treads carefully because he lives two different lives. Movie star Carter and every day Carter are vastly different in fact if the public was to find out it might just end his career. When a life changing phone calls plants him back in Twilight Falls, he starts a new normal. Gone are parties and ladies throwing themselves at him. It's now nights at home with Maisie and learning to cook for her. He wasn’t expecting a
Stephanie Panach
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and extremely sexy book about two people figuring themselves and their lives out after some pretty major changes.

After the death of his sister and her husband, Carter because the guardian and caregiver to his young niece. Who, in turn, has been traumatized by the loss of her parents. With a career as a top-grossing movie star, This means some pretty major changes to allow his little family time to heal and not be scrutinized constantly by the media.

Elijah is a renowned pastry
Stacy Carter
Carter is a book that tugged on my heart strings as I read it. You follow the journey as Carter, who is an action actor, discovers his true self and announces it to the world of Hollywood. He starts out as someone who appears to have everything; money, fame, frivolous sex, and free as a bird. And he has a big secret he has hidden since he was a teen. When he becomes the guardian for his niece after her parents were killed, he reprioritizes what’s most important. He changes his whole life to help ...more
Sarah Light
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
The second in the Twilight Fall series, Carter can be read as its own standalone book, however to get the full effect, I do recommend you read the first in the series titled Alex. (Also totally awesome!)

Carter is a sweet, heartwarming story with a killer cast, Elijah is the talented party chief whipping up hia culinary delights, add in the ultra-heart throb movie star, Carter, then toss in little Maisie and you have a recipe of a sweet story. Carter is known for sleeping with just about any
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Twilight Falls series. These are fairly short stories with a hot and heavy romance theme. This series focuses on a group of friends, known as the terrible seven. In the first book, we saw Alex find his 'one' through an arranged marriage. This time we have Carter, an international movies star and Elija, a pastry chef. Carter has a reputation for sleeping with just about every woman he comes across, but what the rest of the world doesn't know is that he is bi. When ...more
Navyda
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
There was a thing Carter said that I can't remember exactly 'cause apparently I'm a dummy and didn't save the quote but it was basically that working out does not increase the size of your dick and I laughed out at first, then I thought, "damn, if working out could do that literally every guy would do it and every dude out there would look like a bodybuilder."

I love Carter and Elijah. They're great. I somehow liked (kinda) Nico too (except what he did to Elijah) kinda fucked. Also, he sounded
2kasmom
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is book #2 in the Twilight Falls series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and to understand the series better, I recommend reading this series in order.

Elijah hears sounds from his neighbors home that worry him. A child is crying and he does not know why. Does he do something? Stand by? This is a defining moment.

Carter has been hit with some of life's true setbacks. When he and Elijah both have surprises from their past thrown at them - can they come together
MacTíre
Někde v půlce knihy jsem zjistila, že pokud by někdo vtrhl do scény s hlavními postavami a nechal je explodovat, bylo by mi to úplně jedno. A nebylo to špatně vymyšlenou premisou, kdepak. Ale styl psaní by unudil i želvu. Scény byly stavěny tak, aby podávaly pouze jednu jedinou informaci (ne, že bych doufala v nějaké skryté vrstvy nebo přesahy), ale i ta jediná informace byla podaná naprosto rutinním, unaveným a šedivě nezajímavým způsobem. Magický "dětský objekt" byl dalším hřebíčkem do rakve. ...more
Debbie
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet, sexy love

Carter was a Hollywood A-Lister. Elijah was a world renown French Pastry Chef. They met and fell in love over a crying 4year old and a punch in the face. Aah! True love.
Bring in an old lover from France who thought he could sweep Elijah back off his feet and a vindictive director and you have your angst.
I liked this book because this small town had it all and the love and charm of that 4 year old and long time friends brought it all in to perspective.
Rosie
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow just wow

I'm a huge fan of the Night Series and I have to tell you, this series is another winner. Great story lines, awesome characters and so much emotion, love, heat, perfectly written! Thank you for another great book as well as another awesome series.
Courtney Turner
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

I’m absolutely in love with this book. Carter and Elijah are the sweetest couple. You will fall in love with them right from the start. But their world isn’t easy and they will have to fight off not one but two ex’s. I can’t wait to read more in this series.
Sumire
3.5 stars. I'm loving this series so far. . .
Amy
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Good story. Not insta-lovey. Maisie was a cute addition. I liked both men in this story and liked them even better together.
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
Carter is the second book in the Twilight Falls by the talented AM Salinger. I'm really enjoying this series so far and I'm getting very attached to these characters and it's leaving me wanting more and wanting to know who's next! Carter is a rich and famous movie star who finds his way back home after he gets custody of his niece. When he meets his sexy neighbor Elijah, they have an instant attraction, but there are too many obstacles in their way. At first. After spending time together, ...more
Camille
Feb 04, 2020
Irina
Feb 04, 2020
Ravenclaw Silverstripe
rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2020
Namratha
Feb 10, 2020
Okie
Feb 09, 2020
Robi Garcia
Jan 31, 2020

• Above and Beyond (Twist of Fate #4)
  • Snow Regrets (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #3)
  • The Dichotomy of Angels
  • I'm Straight, Right?
  • Starting from Scratch (Starting From, #2)
  • The Christmas Deal
  • Tempting Fate: A Love in Eden Short
  • Snow Job (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #5)
  • Stick to the Script (Ace's Wild, #13)
  • Snow Way Out (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #7)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Silent Heart (Search and Rescue, #2)
  • The Guy in the Window
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Never Date a Doctor
  • Wild By Nature
  • Before She Was Helen
Ava Marie Salinger is the pen name of an Amazon bestselling author who has always wanted to write scorching hot contemporary and erotic romance. In 2018, she finally decided to venture to the steamy side. NIGHTS is the first of several sizzling series featuring sweet, sexy men and women with dark pasts and a whole lot of love to give to the ones brave enough to fight for their hearts. When she’s ...more

Twilight Falls (3 books)
  • Alex (Twilight Falls #1)
  • Hunter (Twilights Falls #3)