Start by marking “The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)” as Want to Read:
The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)

The Potion Commotion

(Happy Blendings Witch)

Goodsprings Georgia is home to a secret witch's coven. Sam, earth witch, owns the local smoothie shop. She likes to put a little magic in her brew and she can cure most ailments with her smoothie potions. Her one employee, David aka Tank, has tattoos out the ying yang and a Harley in the parking lot. Regular customer Phineas and his pet rooster Chuckles enjoy lounging in ...more
Published September 13th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Potion Commotion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Potion Commotion

Start your review of The Potion Commotion (Happy Blendings Witch #1)
Tara
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice story

I hate to give a two, as the author went to so much effort, but it's a 2.5 for me.

Interesting premise, ok characters, ok plot. Maybe not enough back-plot masterfully woven in to the story, or maybe the next in the series would help seed the characters for me - who knows. I'd probably read the next one.. some day.
Barbara Hackel
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A bright beginning to a new fun series about a witch, Sam, who owns a smoothie shop. She always seems to know exactly what to put into the blender to make the perfect drink. The fact that she is an earth witch and grows fabulous fruits and vegetables to use in her shop certainly gives her an advantage. However, the biggest advantage that benefits the entire town, is she is a member of a small coven that protects the town and insure its good fortune. When the water witch in their coven is found ...more
Amanda
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
So a Water Witch drowns? It should never have been able to happen!, Amelia Windemere wasn't the most popular Witch in Goodsprings, Georgia, now she is dead and, as a Water Witch the last cause of death should have been drowning, who could have done it? Was it another Witch from the Coven, or was it Witch Hunters? And is it just a coincidence that the town have hired new detectives (twins at that!) just as there is a murder?

I really enjoyed this book, it was an interesting read, there is a good
Krystyna
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A full on witchy race to find the truth

A wonderful start to a new series. Lively characters, great imagery, wonderful dialogue, humour, witches, murder and so much more. Full pell mell action that leaves you gasping for breath as the story moves at breakneck speed.
They have kept the secret coven hidden, as had their ancestors before them. Just the four make up the coven but they have had run ins with their water witch. She has been abusing her powers and this latest meeting has her going off in
JodiandDan Sands-Sweet
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting twist to how a coven works, and it was a really good cozy too! I’ve never encountered a coven that relied on having only 4 members at a time and that each member had one element to their witchcraft. As they found out, losing one of the members and their element, makes for big problems. Plus there was the murder of that witch to solve! I loved how they each used their element to help solve the murder. It was really a fun book.

I received a free copy of this book via
Carol
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great start to a new series. Fast paced, quirky characters set in a town that I would love to live in and lots of laugh-out-loud moments. 4 witches, earth, wind, fire and water have made their homes there and form a secret coven, as their ancestors had before them. Which should mean a happily ever after but not so. The water witch starts abusing her powers and this manages to get her drowned.

I enjoyed this book very much and am looking forward to the next one in this wonderful new series.

I
Pat Eroh
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this new paranormal cozy mystery and I really enjoy the antics of the characters. Tessa, Sam, Mara, and Amelia are the coven witches until a death occurs. A mysteriously suspicious death. I cannot wait for the next book.

Monica
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fascinating coven!

Diverse characters created a riveting read. The witches are realistic but still magical and interesting. It’s a great start to a new series, but theres only the first book out at the moment. Most of the book is written well but it is a little bland in some parts with no real romance.
Lucrecia Tolbert
This is the beginning of another wonderful series written by Ms. Barker. This coven of witches seems to be great friends and powerful witches in their own element. The writing is superb along with a quick pace that begs the reader to read until the end. I believe that this series is going to be a hit.

Rhane
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things are never dull in small towns

This is number one in what I hope will be a larger collection. In this writer's imagination witches are just regular people with magic inside. I was delighted by the solution to the mystery. I have hope that a romance will blossom between Det. Gallagher and Tessa. Can't wait to read the next installment!
Evonne Hutton
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Goodsprings has a coven and they keep their doings under the radar.
Understandably as no one wants to be exposed to a witch hunt.
But then their waterwitch dies.....by drowning!
Innocent people get accused so detective work is in order.
Good story line

JANE VAN HORN
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: barker-constance
I received an advanced copy of this book for an honest review. I really like this new series. it is what I call a light read. It's about friends and witches but so far nothing dark. Can't wait for the next one.
michelle85251
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Beginning to a New Series!

I really like the main characters, the fact that the witches have new non-witch friends who know that they're witches and they have to trust them. I can identify with the non-witches and wish to BE one of the witches.
sarah williams
Fun read, quick and easy, great pace

Well written, great storyline, wonderful characters are a delight to read. This story has all that and more. I loved that each elemental witch had her own personality, magical gifts, and separate personalities. Read and enjoy!
BarbaraMetz
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique creativity and compelling acts of magic

First book in this genre (witch detective) I’ve read that has witches working together with creative combinations of magic. Engaging suspenseful and fun.
Janet
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
very good
Tom Kennedy
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

There coven is not to secret . The cops know but that’s ok they can help them whin things go wrong
Anjanette Briggman
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
So much fun

I read the second book first and it didn’t ruin the plot. I simply adore these ladies. They are so much fun
Karen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
good beginning, no cliff hangers
Anne-Marie
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

Great start to a new series...
Cozy witch mystery at it's best
Anxious to read the next in the series...truly enjoyed every word..
Quick and easy read
Nov 30, 2019
nancy owens
Dec 03, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 1)
  • Relatively Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 2)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar Book 3)
  • Witchy Business (Witches of Shadow Lane #1)
  • Witchy Orders (Witches of Shadow Lane #2)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Broom and Board (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 7)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics Cozy Mysteries #1)
  • A Very Opal Halloween (Gemstone Coven Holiday Shorts Book 1)
  • Broom and Gloom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 8)
  • Witchin' Around The Clock (Wicked Witches Of The Midwest, #15)
  • Cursed Brides and Alibis (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #2)
  • Payback's a Witch (Blackwood Bay Witches #5)
  • Three Alarm Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #6)
  • Spirits, Pies, and Alibis (The Witches of Pinecroft Cove)
  • Deadly Spells and a Southern Belle (Southern Belles and Spells Matchmaker Mystery, #1)
  • A FISTFUL OF DEMONS (HANNAH HICKOK WITCHY MYSTERY #2)
  • Southern Wishes (Sweet Tea Witch Mysteries #14)

Happy Blendings Witch (4 books)
  • A Pumpkin Potion Explosion (Happy Blending Witch #2)
  • A Drop in the Potion (Happy Blendings Witch #3)
  • A Pumpkin Potion Explosion (The Happy Blending Witch Cozy Mystery Series Book 2)