Start by marking “Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)” as Want to Read:
Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)

Stay With Me

(Hope Valley #5)

Rory Hightower had a good life. She had a loving family, great friends, and a job she adored, running Hope Valley’s local watering hole, The Tap Room. But there was just one thing missing. Ever since she was a little girl she knew there was one special guy out there just for her. Her dream man. And when Cord walked into her bar, she knew instantly it was him. Which made ...more
Published September 7th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Stay With Me, please sign up.

Start your review of Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5)
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

Rory has strong roots in Hope Valley, her family's bar the Tap Room has been in operation for years and now Rory's running it. When Cord moved to town Rory saw the man that she wanted and after a while she made a move, unforately he informed her he was still hung up on his ex so he friend zoned her. Heartbroken but determined to keep her chin up Rory settled for friendship with the one man she'd always wanted. When Cord's ex returned to town she had to watch as they resumed their
Sometime
Sep 12, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This book had been all over my feed lately and after reading the sample, there was something about the angsty stubborn h that appealed to me. I read this book hoping I would like it, but I had to give up on it and dnf at 47% (no rating).

The H did reject the h in favor of his ex, but all of that happened in the past. (This made the story palatable for me since I hate to read about real-time pining and doormatish behavior). The book picks up after the ex is gone and the H has come to his senses.
Rejane
Sep 11, 2019 marked it as no-way-jose  ·  review of another edition
Doormat detected
Doormat detected
Don’t touch the book or your head will be blown up
Tracy  C
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. Rory was fierce! And I loved the fact that Cord loved that about her. The scenes where she defends her people were amazing. Her parents were also the coolest.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Apparently my review was of another edition( live and learn because I had no idea this was a thing) but I reread the original edition so that counts

So my review disappeared so I reread and my feelings have not changed so in summary

H/h met four years previously where she took one look and knew he was the man for her
They build a friendship and she finally took her chance but he shot her down
His ex came back to town and even knowing how the h felt about him he went back to his ex
When the ex gave
Fiona Fog
I'm so in love with what Jessica has written here with Cord & Rory's story. It exceeded my expectations! She delivered with the emotional pull and the continuity was freaking spot on.

Rory knew the instant Cord walked into the bar he was her forever. The one man she'd been waiting for. They became friends. Best friends.

When Cord shut Rory down she was beyond devastated. She'd pinned all her hopes and dreams on him and he walked away. A decision he has agonized over for the last four years.
BookSmacked
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful read from Jessica Prince. She always manages to find a way to get me invested in her characters and her stories.

This one is a bit of second chance and unrequited love all rolled into one. My heart ached for Rory and I completely felt her resistance to Cord. At the same time I also understand her feelings about him. I gotta say Cord redeemed himself in my eyes and I loved watching these two bridge the gap between friends and then lovers.

Another book from Jessica goes on my
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: missy
It’s been a few days since I finished Stay With Me and I’m still struggling to come up with the words to express just how much I loved Rory and Cord’s story.

I knew it would be fantastic, challenging, and sexy AF, but it was also beautiful and insightful and so heartfelt.

Rory and Cord have painful pasts, pasts where they’ve felt unloved, a little broken, and wondered if they’d ever fine “the one”—the one person who would love them, stay by their side through life’s challenges.

They both know the
MiDouradoP
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And once again, this author astounded me.

I'm getting repetitive and tiring, I think, but I must say it again: this is one of the best series I've ever read, that just keeps getting better and better, and every time I read a book from it, that one becomes my favorite.

I can't even believe I 'm saying this, I mean, Lincoln totally stole my heart right at the beginning in Out Of My League and I was waiting for Marco in Wrong Side Of The Tracks since even before this series started (his first
Kahea

*** 5 ‘Wild and Beautiful’ Stars***

YAAAASSSS, BITCH (I will, unfortunately have to edit that for the Zon)

*does the whole squeal/happy dance thing while hugging the kindle (okay, this only happened in my head but you get the idea)*

I’ve been waiting patiently (not so patiently) for Cord and Rory’s HEA and it was EVERYTHING my heart wanted and more for them...so much more that there are no words

...well...considering I do that review/blogger thing, I need to put a couplefew more words out there,
Elizabeth
Sep 09, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope  ·  review of another edition
Pining, celibate heroine, as is the usual with this author I think about dipping back in and remember why I dont read her ever ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jessica Prince has slayed and stolen my entire heart with the fifth book (while technically a standalone, don't short yourself out on the history that builds in each book in this series!!) in the Hope Valley series and ohmigish y'all! BEST BOOK OF THIS ENTIRE SERIES TO DATE! So many feels, so much history, and sooooo much undeniable chemistry packed into one unforgettable, unputdownable, unstoppable book.

Stay With Me is THE STORY I've wanted since I met Rory and Cord and watched them
Peggy M
‘Stay with me’ is the fifth book in the ‘Hope Valley’ series and if you have read the previous books in this series than the chance is big that you will have notice that there was something going on between Rory and Cord (in the background). But it was also clear that it wasn’t all good. And that made me very curious about their story. So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered that this was their book! This story was everything I had hope for and more! It was also a bit more emotional ...more
Jennifer D.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Prince does it again! I swear, just when I think there is no way she can top the last one, she proves me wrong. This book was the sweetest! I absolutely loved Rory and Cord! I have been rooting for Rory to get her happily ever after since she was first introduced. She is my kind of woman!
Gah! Don't get me started on Cord. He's is one hunk of sweet alpha male (once he pulled his head out of his ass). So sexy!! Add in Zach and this book has all the feels!
Michelle
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
BookishStacy
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only recently found the Hope Valley series and have seriously LOVED each book, but I just knew that this one was going to be special. I just knew that Cord and Rory's romance was going to hit me straight in the feels and I WAS NOT WRONG.

Theirs is a story of longing; of waiting and hoping that you can finally have the most special kind of love. Cord knew that Rory made him feel things he had never felt, but because of personal loyalty, he had to push her away. Later, he realizes his mistake,
Izzie d
Thuy Taylor
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS BOOK!

I've been DYIN for Cord and Rory's story since book 1 of this series. There was just something about these two and Jessica did not disappoint. Rory is such a strong gal, she's not going to be treated like second best anymore. No more getting passed over, even though she loves Cord with all her heart. Cord made the worst wrong decision in his life when he chose wrong, losing the love of his life and his best friend, Rory, but now he's going to stop at nothing to win her back.

I
April Symes
Stay With Me by Jessica Prince is a beautifully written and emotionally touching 2nd chance romance. This is book 5 in the Hope Valley series and this is Rory and Cord's story.
Each book in the series is amazing and I didn't think it could get any better but OMG Cord and Rory's story was absolutely fantastic!! I have been dying for their story and now that it's here, we get to find out why Rory avoids Cord, what mistake Cord made and the red-hot chemistry that burns bright between them. I
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Wow!! Rory & Cord might be my favorite couple in this series! The sassiness & take charge attitude that makes Rory was probably the best part of this story. She is by far the fiercest of all the ladies & you definitely shouldn’t piss her off. I was extremely angry with Cord in the beginning, but that man certainly knows how to redeem himself. This story is so full of love, strength & fun that you will not be able to put it down. I was not ready for this story to end. A beautiful ...more
Izzie d
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Garden Of REden
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy's Review

I'm a fan of all kinds of genres and sub-genres, but there is something about unrequited love stories that just hit me in the feels, every time. This is even more true when written by Jessica Prince. When we were introduced to the possibility of Rory and Cord earlier in the series I wasn't sure what kind of storyline we were going to get. I was beyond excited when I realized that unrequited is what we were going to get.

I was hooked from the prologue. The emotions unleashed in just
Kari Hansen
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rory has the type of personality that draws people in and from the first time she met Cord he was no different. They have an instant chemistry and connection with develops into a friendship however Rory wants more. Just when she is prepared to declare her feelings Cord breaks her heart and the only way to protect herself from further pain is to keep her distance.

Cord has many regrets but none greater than the choice he made when he broke Rory’s heart. Even though he destroyed their relationship
Tania's Book Blog
Rory and Cord were worth the wait!!! These two had history; Rory asked Cord out in the past and he turned her down but what she didn’t know is that he wanted her from the minute he saw her. They were friends and when he finally got his act together he wore her down until she couldn’t hold back anymore. These two were explosive!! And we saw a side of Rory that screamed how bada$$ she was. That girl was feisty!!! And Cord was all alpha!!! Their ending was beautiful and just what hey needed after ...more
Melissa at And Husband Makes Three
Cord and Rory were absolutely amazing. There were some moments that the feels were through the roof. This was a second chance so Cord had some groveling to do and he did. Once he figured out Rory was his he worked to make it happen and I loved every growly/swoony moment of it.
Nightbird Novels
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Rory Hightower loves living in Hope Valley, and just about everything about her one of a kind town. From her magical childhood growing up on the ranch, to owning the highly frequented family business, and her close knit group of amazing friends, Rory has a fantastic life. But she finds herself only missing one small thing... someone to share it with.

Cord Paulson moved to Hope Valley for a new start, to secure himself a home, and a future like nothing he ever imagined. Finding a community with
Franci Neill
5 She’s His Sun, the Moon and the Stars!!!!

We finally get Rory’s story and the wait has totally been worth it!! If you’ve read this series, then you know Rory is the woman that runs The Tap Room and is friends with all my favorite women in Hope Valley. She’s been crushing over Cord for the last few years and just when she thought this was their chance…he goes and ruins it!!

This is how the book opens, with Rory sitting beside Cord’s hospital bed; he’s here because of what happened in the Wrong
SCBookAddict
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing story! What an amazing series! Each time I claim one as my favorite she writes another one that grabs my heart! Jessica Prince has given us five interconnected books so far in this series yet each one is completely able to stand on its own and has a personal touch for the readers in each story!

"Dear Lord, I want this one. Please, please let me have him. "

I have been wanting to get inside Rory's head from the moment she was caught staring at Cord. She's been a hard nut to crack
Sunny Shelly Reads
I have been waiting for Cord and Rory's story since the beginning of the Hope Valley series, and it did not disappoint! There was this electric chemistry between them in all of the other books, but Rory ignored him whenever possible. I was dying to know why! They were friends first, and as they were starting to fall for one another, Cord's ex came back into his life and gave him an ultimatum. The second he chose Laurie over Rory, he knew he made a mistake but felt an obligation to give his ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal

I received a review copy before release for an honest review.

This was an awesome story with some complicated and wonderful characters that I fell hard for. The early part of the story was hard to read and I kinda hated Cord but later I fell completely in love with both Rory and Cord.

The hardest part of this story was the beginning as Cord meets Rory 4 years before the book starts. They become best friends for the first two years. Then 2 years before his ex comes to town and he dumps Rory as his
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • I'm Yours
  • Veils (The Killers #4)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals, #3)
  • Fireball (Cheap Thrills, #1)
  • Catching Him (How to Catch an Alpha #1)
  • Hard Place (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Stencil: Sugar and Spice, Ink
  • Staying For You (All For You, #3)
  • Paradox (Pearson Sisters Series Book 1)
  • Cash (The Ride Series Second Generation Book 3)
  • Insatiable (Cloverleigh Farms, #3)
  • Through His Eyes
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Crazy (The Gibson Boys, #4)
  • Edge Of Reason (Arrow's Edge MC #1)
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.

Hope Valley (6 books)
  • Out of My League (Hope Valley #1)
  • Come Back Home Again (Hope Valley #2)
  • The Best of Me (Hope Valley #3)
  • Wrong Side of the Tracks (Hope Valley #4)
  • The Second Time Around (Hope Valley #7)