Start by marking “Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)

Baking Me Crazy

(Donner Bakery #1)

Published October 8th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

I adored Baking Me Crazy, I loved the romance so much!It is a friends to lovers romance which is set in the same universe as Penny Reid's Winston Brother Series.It was fast pace,heartwarming and sweet romance!

description

I'm in love with Levi and Joss.Their romance is sweet and cute.I loved their moments together and I have butterflies in my stomach with these two.I seriously couldn't get enough of them!

If you are looking for a swooning romance Levi and Joss are the perfect couple!

5 stars

description

If you are looking for a swooning romance Levi and Joss are the perfect couple!

Jen
4 Stars!

"Levi Buchanan," I said. "It's nice to meet you, Joss."
Then, then she gave me a real smile—white teeth, pink lips, tiny dimple on the right side—and I never, ever got my heart back.

When Levi first met Joss as one of the coaches of her wheelchair basketball league, it was “lights out, head over heels in love” time. He didn’t care that she was sixteen and two years younger than him, he just knew the girl with the crazy curly hair and the snarky attitude was meant to be his. Fate can be a crazy bitch and thouStars!
"Levi
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Joy's face morphed. Gone was the sweet, ebullient young woman who'd been my co-worker for the past couple of hours. Gone was the happiest person in the world. In her place was determined, scheming Joy. She narrowed her eyes, and I actually sat back in my chair from the force of it.

"There's a wild dog sitting outside." Her voice was shaky, but her eyes were unflinching. The skin around them was wrinkled and translucent, spotted with age. "Oh, that's my dog.
Curlyhairlass19
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 Brilliant Sonic stars for Baking Me Crazy!

"Patience is a virtue, Levi Buchanan." "And a virtue never hurt you..” My heart is a jumbled up mess of feels. This was absolutely the most perfect, slow burn best friends to lovers story that I’ve read in a long time. First of all, to be instantly teleported into Green Valley is always where I want to be. Donner’s bakery, and seeing Jennifer, Cletus and a couple new characters was simply fantastic.

Karla outdid herself with this
Adriana Locke
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm in that stage right now where life is cozy and wonderful. You know what I mean. It's called bliss—the happy sigh after you read something amazing.
Baking Me Crazy is ... well, what is it not? It's beautiful. It's thoughtful. It's so well-written that I'm jealous of Sorensen's pen. (Or fingers if I assume she typed this book. Anyway ...)
Each word was written with care. You can tell. This isn't a story strung together haphazardly while the author noshed on candy. I imagine her curled up on th
maggieandteddy
I love Levi and Joss. I love this book.
This is the first book in the Smartypants spin off books (this one is from the Winston Bros' series).
I think that this can be a standalone book. There are a couple of very brief appearances from previous books. I really enjoyed Karla Sorensen's writing. I plan to read more of her books.
I love that Joss wasn't portrayed as a martyr or that she felt sorry for herself. Joss is still young but is determined to get on a path to do great things with what she h
Smartypants Romance

ARE YOU READY? Hold on to your armrests, people. Here we go....

BEHOLD! Our first announcement!!

We are so flippin excited to announce the uber talented and fabulous Karla Sorensen's book for Smartypants Romance. 'Baking Me Crazy' is the first book in the Donner Bakery Series, is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, and can be read as a standalone. (y)

RELEASE DATE: October 8th, 2019

Nook: https://bit.ly/2JXGt1r
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2Mfuyxz
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2YmffWf

** Blurb **
I’m Levi Buchanan, and until five years ago, I thought my family’s curse was Southern
Bibliomedico
Check Out My full Review On The blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
**************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
**************************
" Then ... Then she gave me a real smile - White teeth , Pink lips , Tiny dimple on the right side - and I never .. Ever got my heart back "

WOW ! Did I just Read all this Perfection ??!!

When I read the news of The Smarty Pants Romance new books from Penny Reid Newsletter, I/>/>
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
I love love love this book! The sweetness was perfection. A really good friends to lovers romance with those tender, achy, heartwarming feels that leave you giddy! I more than adored it and I just felt like Levi and Joss were everything!
Becky
The good:

-I liked that the heroine is in a wheelchair, and it’s generally not told in a soap opera kind of way. She’s just trying to live her life like anybody else.

-Ummm...once they finally get together, Levi and Joss were cute.

The bad:

-This was really boring. Was there a plot?

-Levi’s supposed pining over Joss made no sense. He knew immediately that she was it for him, yet he kept dating other women. (It was unclear if he was also slee
julia ♥
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr-romance
read the full review on my blog!

"There is no crying in the bakery."

Take some of the best friends to lovers trope, add some of Penny Reid’s universe with a pinch of spicy scenes, and Voila, a perfect recipe! Baking Me Crazy has it all and more. I think I haven’t finished a romance book this quickly in a while, and it’s all thanks to Sorensen’s writing. Prior to starting this book, I was intrigued to see how this concept would work: different romance authors all writing within the same well-loved
Rachel
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was such an enjoyable read. The characters are well written, likeable and down to earth. Joss and Levi’s heartwarming story felt authentic and it had the perfect recipe for the makings of a delightfully entertaining romantic comedy: it was sweet, sexy and fun, with a smidge of angst thrown in for good measure.

This was my first Karla Sorensen read, but it certainly won’t be my last!

***ARC generously provided by Social Butterfly in exchange for an honest review***

Lee Ann
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Smartypants Romance debut novel is AMAZING!

When Penny Reid announced she was starting a new line called Smartypants Romance, and other authors would be writing novels in her Knitting In the City/Winston Brothers world, I was intrigued. I was also somewhat apprehensive because I wasn't sure that the other authors would maintain the Pennyverse that I had come to love. I should have had faith that Penny would not let that happen. If this first book is any indication of what's to com
lazybookconqueror
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: so-cute, romance
This book is just like a slice of Triple Chocolate Cake - comforting and oh so sweet.

Levi Buchanan didn't think that his family's ''curse'' to fall madly in all-consuming love only once in their lives was real - until he met Jocelyn Abernathy.

description

Jocelyn or Joss as she likes to be called wasn't having a great time when Levi saw her for the first time and asked her out on a date. She was still recovering from t
Kandi Steiner
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sorensen has the perfect recipe in Baking Me Crazy: start with a swoony book boyfriend, throw in a strong, empowered female lead, sprinkles of hilarious banter, just a dash of angst, and all baked up in the perfect small town. This wasn’t just a romance, it was a powerful, poignant and emotional read that pulled me in from the first word to the last. This was the romantic comedy I didn't know I was craving. I DEVOURED it. An absolute must read — and one you’re sure to never forget!
Johnaka
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Baking me Crazy by Karla Sorensen
“Courting your best friend, 5 stars”

I won’t lie, I’m a major Sorensen fan. If she came to me and was like hey Johnaka, I need a brutally honest opinion on this I would give it to her with a mega smile on my face. When I found out this was a friend’s to lovers romance I got extremely excited because it’s one of my favorite tropes. Then I heard that the guy has wanted his best friend for years and was finally making a move. And so I’m over here li
Lady Heather
Publication date October 8, 2019

This is this first book published by SmartyPants Romance and it was such a joy to read this story.
I LOVE the friends-to-lovers trope!
Levi and Jocelyn were great characters.
I loved their chemistry, bantering and history.

Great start to a new series!

"I voluntarily read an ARC of this book which was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review."
Shelly | The Mockingbird Reads
This was a sweet friends-to-lovers story with heart and acceptance.
One of my favorite aspects of this book is the fact we have a not-so-typical heroine in Joss!!
Levi is such a sweet, caring and giving friend to Joss and their friendship is effortless.
Once things progress in their relationship, it seems to move fast. The one thing that did bother me is the fact that I never felt we got to see Joss’ affection blossom for Levi. We obviously know Levi has feelings for Joss because he’s told
Bex | TotallyBex.com
My first Smartypants Romance book is a success! I loved Joss and Levi, I loved that the story is set in Green Valley, and I loved the cameos of characters we adore from previous books. This story was so sweet and I can't wait for more from the Penny Reid universe!

{full review to come!}
Paula  Phillips
I have been looking very forward to reading the books released from Smartypants Romance as it meant that we could go back into the heart of Green Valley where the Winston Brothers series was set and be reunited in the background with some of our favorite loved characters. In Baking Me Crazy by Karla Sorensen, we meet the Buchanan family and in particular the youngest son Levi. The men in his family have a curse when they meet "the one" they will know and never be able to love fully again as they ...more
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

It was cute. What more could I say? It didn't 'wow' me like I had originally expected it to considering the lead heroine being handicapped and the hero pretty much bringing the romance into the whole friends turned lovers trope. Additional to that, there wasn't much drama in the read to really captivate me into the storyline and wanting to know more about the characters. Overall, average read with little to no excitement.
Butthisbook
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books just became one of my top read of 2019!

It hit too close to home, you have no idea.
Thank you to Karla Sorensen for writing a female character I can really relate to. 😩😍🙌🏻❤

Full review to come!
K's Secret Books
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
"He could be a serial killer. He could kick puppies. Maybe he had bad breath or watched True Housewives of Backwoods Kentucky."

I'm off to a great start with my first read from the Smartypants Romance collection. I'm so dang smitten with Baking Me Crazy. It's about Levi and Jocelyn who become best friends. Levi, on the other hand, definitely has other things in mind.

"Making my best friend for the past five years fall in love with me? Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake."

Watc
Catherine Cowles
This book, you guys! PREORDER IT RIGHT FREAKING NOW! Yes, those are my shouty capitals because Baking Me Crazy is one of my favorite reads of 2019! It's hilarious, refreshing, and tugged on all my heartstrings in the best possible way. I laughed, I cried, and I don't think I could love a couple more than Joss and Levi!
Kelly
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“No Crying. There was no crying in the bakery.”

Love + Baked Goods - what else could a woman ask for!

I savored reading this book, treating myself to it every night before bed, smiling and laughing all the while falling in love with Levi and Joss. This best friends oto lovers story is full of adorable moments from Levi, who is trying to make Joss wise up to his unending love for her and hopefully have her fall head over heals in love with him too. Not only is this slow burn
Wendy ⏃: ✦Cheeky Chicks Blogger✦
4 STARS!

The first standalone book in the Donner Bakery series in Penny Reid's Smartypants Romance world, Baking Me Crazy by Karla Sorensen was such a sweet friends-to-lovers contempary romance that left me feeling giddy and warm inside.

Being afflicted by his family's curse, Levi Buchanan has found his soulmate. He's madly in love with his best friend Jocelyn. He's handsome, charming, with a killer dimple and the perfect Southern gentleman.

Joss Abernathy is a shy, strong, and funny woman. She guards her heart like a fortress and has always seen Levi
Vanessa (nessreads)
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lordy lord lord does my face hurt from smiling so big. You know that feeling you get when you eat a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven—that ooey gooey goodness hits your mouth and you get all those warm and happy feelings? Well, that is exactly how I felt while reading this book. And by the time I reached the end all I wanted was a batch of those cookies this book made me crave.

Friends to lovers is one of my favorite tropes and Karla did an exceptional job and hit it
Jypsy
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Social Butterfly PR for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Baking Me Crazy
By: Karla Sorensen

*REVIEW* 🍰🍰🍰🍰
Baking Me Crazy is a friends to lovers romance that takes a while to develop. Joss is confined to a wheelchair due to a disease that took away mobility in her legs. She meets Levi, and he immediately feels something for Joss. Unfortunately, she is just not in the right head space with adjusting to her disability, etc. to da
Izzie d

Donner Bakery (3 books)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)