Start by marking “The Confessions of Adam: A Novel” as Want to Read:
The Confessions of Adam: A Novel

The Confessions of Adam: A Novel

Adam and Eve. We think we know what happened. Now Adam breaks his silence.Oren’s arrogance and position have afforded him many acquaintances and no friends. He inherited the renowned scribal school in Susa from his father—an emotionally distant scholar.Adam has sought Oren out. He believes Oren has the skill to help untangle the story from his memory. A skeptical Oren ...more
Published September 3rd 2019 by Bold Vision Books

To ask other readers questions about The Confessions of Adam, please sign up.
Melissa Denton For the Maker's hands are not still, they move. Yet turned away are the heads and distracted are the minds of men.…moreFor the Maker's hands are not still, they move. Yet turned away are the heads and distracted are the minds of men. (less)

Start your review of The Confessions of Adam: A Novel
DiAnn
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
David Marsh's debut novel is a page-turner. I really enjoyed it!
Susan
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book from the publisher for the purpose of reviewing it. The opinions I have expressed are my own--I was not required to write a positive review.

The story of Adam and Eve I've read over the years is the version translated from Hebrew into Biblical English, which makes use of archaic language and sentence constructions. This made the story boring. Reading it frustrated me.

In "The Confessions of Adam," Marsh found the perfect way to tell the origin story. In meticulously
Beth
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading David Marsh's The Confessions of Adam, I can't believe someone didn't already think of this idea: to write the story of Adam from Adam's perspective! What a creative, beautiful, yet tragic story.

At the beginning of the book we meet Oren, a scribe, who has been given the task of writing down the story of the creation and the fall from Adam, whom he has just met. As Adam shares more and more, Oren discovers common themes about his own life's journeys with Adam, including parenthood,
Aaron Zook
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb read! Imaginative fiction grounded in Biblical research! For anyone interested in the real first family, Adam and Eve, David Marsh provides a glimpse of what could have been—from perfection between God and man to a destroyed relationship resulting in unforeseen consequences. David guides us through the gut-wrenching consequences of a choice gone wrong resulting in a land of difficulties, pain, and suffering. With Oren of Susa, a well-known scribe, jotting down notes, David Marsh rolls out ...more
Barbara
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My words seem inferior to try and review this book. When a book draws you in like this one does, I find it difficult to state the reason why. It's not overly descriptive, and it's not just action. It's a delightful mix of both that is just a wonderful, comfortable read. I am definitely going to my Bible to read the original story to try and find the springboard that the author found for his story. The icing on the cake is that the author is a fellow Hoosier. I look forward to his next novel.
Melissa Denton
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dave Marsh is a great storyteller. This first novel is one not to miss! The story of Adam is told with a fresh perspective and thought provoking ideas which will take you back to reading Genesis 3. I love that the story intertwines the storyteller and Adam's stories. It isn't just a biblical narative but a story about love and loss, regret and redemption.
A great read that you won't want to miss.
Fredösphere
Imagine living many centuries in a pre-modern society, living long enough that even your descendants view you as a mythical person. This is the imaginative leap author David Marsh makes. It is the dilemma of Adam, the father of all living, at the end of his life. The result is this compelling, original novel. Highly recommended.
Elise
Oct 09, 2019
Suzanne M.
Nov 21, 2019

• Torchship
  • a spoonful of courage for the sick and suffering
  • A Crafter Quilts a Crime  (A Handcrafted Mystery #3)
  • Truce: The Day the Soldiers Stopped Fighting
  • The Line Between (The Line Between #1)
  • The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way
  • Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons
  • The Vanishing Sculptor (Valley of the Dragons, #1)
  • A Bride Most Begrudging
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • DragonKnight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #3)
  • DragonFire (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #4)
  • DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #5)
  • Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
  • DragonQuest (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #2)
  • Redeeming Love