Start by marking “La novia de Ivy Green (Historias de Ivy Hill 3)” as Want to Read:
La novia de Ivy Green (Historias de Ivy Hill 3)

La novia de Ivy Green

(Tales from Ivy Hill #3)

Varias historias que parecen una cosa y serán otra… Y una novia inesperada que sorprenderá a todos.

Ivy Hill sigue siendo un lugar idílico en el que muchos de los aldeanos han encontrado el amor… Pero no todos. Jane Bell está deshecha. Gabriel Locke ha vuelto y le ha dejado claras sus intenciones, pero ella no quiere dejar su posada… y alguien a quien no esperaba, regresa
Published September 4th 2019 by Libros de Seda (first published December 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about La novia de Ivy Green, please sign up.
Susan Not sure on sale, but we have to wait until December 4, 2018. I see that I can pre-order it on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Bride-Ivy-Gree...

Start your review of La novia de Ivy Green (Historias de Ivy Hill 3)
Staci
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
It was lovely to visit Ivy Hill again. The second book of the series left relationships unresolved and I really wanted an HEA for more than one character in the series conclusion.

While I adore Jane, it was Mercy's story line that pulled me in the most in this third novel. Her cold and rude sister-in-law Helena is one of those characters that was beautifully penned. I didn't like her at all but loved the way Klassen described and used her in the novel.

I would have liked a
Loraine
This conclusion to the Tales from Ivy Hill once again returns us to the English town of Ivy HIll and the ladies of this town. Jane and Rachel are happily married. Mercy and Aunt Matty are stuck living with Mercy's brother and his new bride who isn't fond of the situation at all. And Madam Victorine has come to town to open a dress shop and brings a hint of mystery with her.

I loved that the focus was on Mercy in this book. She has lost her school for girls as well as her sweet student Alice, and
Kellyn Roth
I'll post my official review later, but for now, this rant will have to do. :P (There will be no spoilers; I'll just rant without meaning. I realize it's not launched yet.)

Now, I hate, hate, HATE those readers who are like, "I KNOW HOW THE BOOK SHOULD HAVE ENDED AND THE AUTHOR WHO SLAVED ENDLESS HOURS OVER THIS BOOK DOESN'T SO LET ME TELL YOU HOW I HATED THE ENDING."

I don't want to be that person! And yet the author, to me, left such major things out of the ending, and fu
Beth
This is a beautiful, satisfying conclusion to the Ivy Hill series, one that I both dreaded ending yet couldn't read fast enough to see what happened to my friends. While I am very attached to Jane and loved seeing her story continue here, I was thrilled to see Mercy, who I consider to be the other main character, get so much page time here. Her story is just so lovely and endearing, and after a lot of heartache, it was good to see her happiness. Although there were a few times that I wondered ho ...more
Kate Baxter
This was a charming, sweet and chaste conclusion to the 3 volume "Tales From Ivy Hill" series. Author Julie Klassen has tied each of the primary characters' stories up with a pretty bow. It continues with the lives of three close friends - Mercy, Jane and Rachel. Rachel had married the love of her life in book two of the series (The Ladies of Ivy Cottage). Will love find Jane again after the passing of her husband and will Mercy find it at all as she is painfully aware of her spinsterhood at the ...more
Sarita
This is a series I would recommend to read in order, and also close together, due to certain aspects continuing from one book to the other and all the various characters involved.

This was a beautiful and heartwarming conclusion to the series. I really loved that the main focus of this story was on Mercy. She found herself quite in an uneasy situation with her horribly nose-in-the-air sister-in-law coming to town. I enjoyed where her journey took her and loved her happy ending.
Jill
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
I'm really not much of a series reader, but I love Julie Klassen's writing style. I have loved every minute I have spent in Ivy Hill. The characters and setting are charming. This series is the ultimate comfort reading for me. This entry wrapped everything up nicely. I would love to spend more time with these characters. I'm really sad to see them go. I would recommend this series to lovers of quiet, cozy novels and Regency era fiction. Make sure you start with the first book, The Innkeeper of I ...more
Ginnie
Too slow at time, picked up in the middle, then too much detail and too sentimental at the end. A little disappointed because I had been looking forward to this book for a year. Klassen's books don't usually drag so much.
Sophia
The third and final installment in the Tales From Ivy Hill bring things to a head for Mercy, Jane, and other residents of Ivy Hill Village. I've been with this story since the beginning and was eager to see how things wrapped up for several favorite characters. So much was going on that it got off to a sluggish start, but by the end I was flipping pages quickly to a satisfying end.

The Bride of Ivy Green is the conclusion of a gently-paced ongoing saga that stretched out over three bo
Joleen
Sir Timothy Brockwell: Magistrate of Ivy Hill, married to Rachel
Mercy Grove: Teacher/governess. Rachel and Jane’s childhood friend
Nicholas Ashford: Inherited Rachel’s family estate, in love with Justina
Justina Brockwell: Sir Timothy’s younger sister, Rachel’s childhood friend
James Drake: Owner of Fairmont Inn, adopted his own daughter, Grac/>James/>Justina/>Nicholas/>Mercy/>Sir/>Rachel/>:/>:/>:/>:/>:
Kate
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fitting end to the Tales from Ivy Hill. I really enjoyed how we got to see what happened next for Jane, Rachel, and Mercy. Though, there were some surprising new additions to Ivy Hill as well. At one point, it seemed as if there were going to be far too many loose ends to wrap up in just one book. But, Klassen worked her magic, and I finished the last pages quite satisfied with what was happening (or shortly to happen).
Tammie
Much has happened in idyllic Ivy Hill in recent months, and while several villagers have found new love and purpose, questions remain--and a few dearly held dreams have yet to be fulfilled.

This is the last book in the Tales From Ivy Hill trilogy and I was looking forward to reading it all year. I didn't like this one quite as much as the two previous books in the trilogy. It seemed like there was less time spent on each character which was probably due to the fact that there were so many to co
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
This was a very satisfying conclusion to the "Tales from Ivy Hill" series. I was happy to dive back into the lives of the characters. The book ended up just as I hoped it would.

There is not one but two brides in this story. Jane and Mercy finally have their lives come together and find love and happiness. Both women at different points in the series faced uncertainty with their livelihood as well as personal issues.

There are a few new faces that came to town in this story. Jane had an unex
Samantha
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed reading about the Ladies of Ivy Hill again. It was delightful to see how things turned out for Mercy and many other characters.
Anne
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This entire series moved at a very gentle pace, sometimes a little too gentle. But at the same time, each book was filled with many varied story threads, all woven together seamlessly. There's drama, intrigue, and excitement, but it's always very genteel and elegant, just like the era in which it is set.

If I had any complaint, it would be that I would really like to have a little more insight into the individuals' thoughts and emotions. The books are written with a sense of detachment that keep
Lucy
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book three in Tales of Ivy Hill and you should read them in order so you are familiar with the characters and events. In this conclusion to my ladies of Ivy Hill I was surprised by some of the twists that didn’t turn out as expected but were done in Klassen style. I loved Joseph Kingsley and his acts of love towards Mercy. Words are easy to speak but gifts from the heart and acts of kindness speak volumes louder than the spoken word. At times I felt it went a little long and wanted it to ...more
Anna
I loved this third book in the Ivy Hill series. Although I suspect this may be the final book in the series, I sincerely hope that Julie Klassen will revisit Ivy Hill in the future. She has created a wonderful cast of characters that I would be happy to see again and again.

I was glad I had read the last two books in succession, and wished I had read all three within a shorter amount of time. It took a little while to recall all the characters' stories when I started the second book.
Susan Snodgrass
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Mercy reminded herself that God did not promise ease and happiness in this life. But He did promise peace and joy, and she was determined to hold on to both, somehow.'

I have sincerely looked forward to Julie Klassen's final of her Tales from Ivy Hill series. I certainly have thoroughly enjoyed reading each book. In fact, I have read all her books, not just this series, and have never been disappointed in one of them.

Mercy Grove has lost her precious girls' school and has
Pamela
This is the third book of The Ivy Hill Trilogy.. Please read them in order. Ivy Hill is a hamlet, or a small village, with a few of the Ton summer homes, a coaching Inn , and other needed shops for a very small town . The book circles around several key ladies, their lives disappointments, and good times, as well as love interest, and how it treats them
There is also a social group of ladies that help each other out, because they all make, things to sell, or work. in a store, or the Bell. There
Kav
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a frazzled mess of euphoric bliss and abject misery because, while this was a spectacular conclusion to the Tales of Ivy Hill series, it is also the last book! Gulp. Ever. Like in never getting to armchair travel there again. And though this delectable, multi-romanced story charmed me into a flummox of heart-palpitating delight there's a niggling pain deep down inside my heart because it's really and truly over! Forever! Did I say that already? Sorry. I'm truly gutted...in a way that only t ...more
Amariah Dixon
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this trilogy, and the last book was no exception. It is very sweet and has such great romance. Julie Klassen writes about love while not being steamy or explicit. There is a lot to like about this trilogy--especially with this one. Miss Klassen definitely builds up the story more and more throughout each book. Each character's story is tied up nicely at the end, and for a few, the reader can already guess what happens. There are no loose ends in this book.

Being done with this t
Elizabeth
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautiful conclusion to this beautiful series :) Jane, Mercy, Rachel, and their families and friends have a special place in my heart now along with many more of Julie Klassen's characters. This volume brought Mercy's story particularly into focus and I loved it! What a character she is. Everyone needs a Mercy in their life! I wouldn't mind a Joseph Kingsley either, to be honest. That said, I wanted more on Mercy and Joseph in this one. I also would have loved more of Jane and Gabriel ...more
Marguerite Gray
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm sorry the series has come to an end. What a journey with the women of Ivy Hill through their struggles with society, men, children, occupations, and faith. I feel I have become friends with them through these books. Village life has its pros and cons. Julie Klassen captures it perfectly!
Lynne
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This last entry in the Ivy Hill trilogy was a sweet and gently told finale to the series, wrapping up loose ends in a satisfying manner. My only regret was the introduction of several new characters without really giving them any depth, due to lack of space and time. I would have much preferred seeing them appear in the previous book and then expanded in this one. That said, Julie Klassen always writes an interesting and heartwarming tale, giving a clear picture of life in a small village circa ...more
Jennifer Fluegge
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved every book in this series - they do have a slower pace in general, but I have loved following the lives of the people of Ivy Hill, seeing how their stories intertwine and how the people new to town slowly make their place and become accepted by the people. I wouldn't say it's a fast read, but an enjoyable one by one of my favorite authors.
Lyssa
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
First off, I would highly recommend reading or rereading the previous two books in the set before starting this one. I barely remembered who any of these people were and where we left off. And that made for confusion and missed connections for a bit.

In the first book, I loved that the romantic choice was not obvious and that it was not even fully resolved. Rather the story was about Jane's growth and dealing with things and putting them to rights herself. The next two books followed
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book
So this one took me awhile to get back into. I’d forgotten the characters and I was quite lost. I felt like I was drawn to Mercy the most and hated everything that was happening to her. And poor Jane....Would she ever have a child...

As the story progressed there was a lot of twists and turns. It did drag a little and I did wonder if all my questions would be answered. They were! And there was at least two HEA! ❤
Caitlin
I maybe should have reread the first two books before embarking on this one; I couldn't remember the backstory for most of the characters.

I am going to stop eagerly anticipating Klassen's novels. The most recent ones are fine, enjoyable even, but nothing compared to the deep historical research and suspense of her earlier novels. It was clear pretty much from the outset how Mercy's story would play out, and the Victorine story line was over the top.
Kristina
The Bride of Ivy Green by Julie Klassen takes us back to February 1821 in Ivy Hill, Wiltshire, England. Mercy Grove and her aunt, Matilda are preparing for the arrival of hew newly married brother, George and his society bride, Helena. Mercy was forced to close her school and have the lending library move to a new location in anticipation of the new occupants. She misses Alice who she wished to adopt until her biological father and hotelier, James Drake arrived on the scene. When Helena makes li ...more

• The Governess of Penwythe Hall (Cornwall, #1)
  • A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, #2)
  • Searching for You (Orphan Train, #3)
  • A Desperate Hope (Empire State, #3)
  • A Bound Heart
  • Flights of Fancy (American Heiresses, #1)
  • With This Pledge (Carnton, #1)
  • A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, #1)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • When You Are Near (Brookstone Brides, #1)
  • Daisies and Devotion (Mayfield Family, #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • Healing Hearts (Savage Wells, #2)
  • The Artful Match (London Beginnings, #3)
  • The Weaver's Daughter
  • An Hour Unspent (Shadows Over England, #3)
  • The Making of Mrs. Hale (Regency Brides: A Promise of Hope, #3)
  • A Defense of Honor (Haven Manor, #1)
Julie Klassen loves all things Jane—Jane Eyre and Jane Austen. A graduate of the University of Illinois, Julie worked in publishing for sixteen years and now writes full time. Three of her books, The Silent Governess, The Girl in the Gatehouse, and The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, have won the Christy Award for Historical Romance. She has also won the Midwest Book Award, the Minnesota Book Award, and Christian Retailing’s BEST Award, andJane—Jane ...more

Tales from Ivy Hill (3 books)
  • The Innkeeper of Ivy Hill (Tales from Ivy Hill, #1)
  • The Ladies of Ivy Cottage (Tales from Ivy Hill, #2)
“there is nothing like becoming a parent to make one realize what God goes through with His children. He longs to spend time with us, mourns when we go astray, has great plans for our future, and would sacrifice anything to rescue us.” 0 likes