Start by marking “Freedom (Blackstone Series Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Freedom (Blackstone Series Book 3)

Freedom

(Blackstone #3)

Rain pelted my face as I pushed through the roar of the storm.

Deep in the belly of Mexico, my team and I were on the hunt. One of the cartel’s mules flipped and wanted a ticket to freedom. The information they held could be our game-changer.

Returning home to a civilian lifestyle was always an adjustment, even if it was temporary. However, a chance encounter with Catali
Published September 24th 2019 by Limitless Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

Kari Davis
4.5 Stars! J.L. Drake I swear every book you write moves me in some way. I fell in love with your writing after Broken and have devoured every book, I can’t get enough! When I saw the announcement of another Blackstone book I knew in my heart this was it. The one I have been wanting....you did not disappoint me!

I have been waiting for Mike’s book since I first met the hulk/teddy bear. He was everything I wanted him to me and more. Mike is a guy who on the outside looks mean and menacing, but und
We Review Books
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Freedom intrigued me from page 1. It was hard to put it down as I wanted to see the next twist for Mike & Catalina. Their love doesn’t come easy and almost cost them each other. Secrets endanger any future they might have. When a secret is revealed, it could make them or break them. They have to decide if a life together is worth fighting for.

This book also felt a lot like going home and visiting old friends. It was so nice to see glimpses into other Blackstone characters from previous books
Elizabeth Schaefer Clark
FREEDOM IS HERE BABY!

Drum Roll Please!!

Yes, it's here! The highly anticipated, and most begged for book of the Blackstone series is Finally HERE!

FREEDOM BY J.L DRAKE!

Blackstone's Back Alright! Yes, I just sing songed that to the Backstreet Boys song in my head. And I can hear the entire gang rolling their eyes at me as we speak. But Mike - Oh wait didn't I tell you that this is His book.......

Gasp! I didnt, well sit right on down and lets rectified that right now.

Yes - I said MIKE! After beggi
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Freedom is book three in the Blackstone series. These books are so good I highly recommend you read Honor and Escape.

Now we get Mikes story. My expectations was high for his story as I really liked him. I wasn’t disappointed. His job means so much to him yet he sees others settling down and he wonders will he get that chance.

When Catalina enters his life it all changes. Will their trust issues and secrets get in the way of a happy ending?

I really loved these two together. Their story exceeded m
Elissa Nelson
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just when you think it can't get any better, Jodi outdoes herself again! The Blackstone family continues to grow and unforeseen events take them by surprise. Mike's story is full of ups and downs, humor, happiness, missions, and love. It was so much more than I could have ever expected. Mike and Catalina's story is one of my favorites. I don't think I will ever get enough of all of the Broken and Blackstone characters.
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"—we came from very different worlds. Worlds that when they collide, someone gets hurt—"

Be still my Blackstone heart. You know what they say about 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall', right? "I stood six foot six, two hundred and sixty pounds of solid muscle and tattooed from head to toe—" He's very good at his job, and light on his feet despite his size. It's his heart that's in danger of falling when he runs into her.

She's feisty and funny and she doesn't back down. She made quite
April Symes
Freedom by J.L. Drake takes us back to Blackstone and the Broken trilogy where we met one of our main characters but back in the Broken trilogy he was just a secondary but beloved character. Mike is now a main character in Freedom and in his book, we get to see some past characters from the Shadows and from the Devil's Reach crew.
The heroine's name is Catalina and the story is set in Mexico where Mike runs into her. Theirs is a love that sizzle and burns bright. There is secrets, drama, angst,
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
J.L. Drake is that unicorn author for me who I adore as not only a fantastic author, but as a person and friend. Her stories always bring me back home with characters that I don’t think I will ever get tired of. When Jodi asked if I wanted an ARC of Freedom, I immediately sent an all caps YES with a slew of GIFs. I couldn’t wait to get my eyes on Mike’s stories.

Mike has been the big, burly wall of muscle throughout all of Jodi’s books. His loyalty is fierce and I knew his story was going to be o
Tammy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love love love this combination of Army men mixed up with a little MC action. Once again, what a great ride you took us on with a book J.L. Drake. We get to meet up with some of our old friends from previous books - but best of all, Mike Irons gets his story.

Mike meets Catalina outside a bar, he's in her spot - Ha! Yup, he is making a call to his mom, and is in her spot (it's well lit) - she also needs to make a call. They meet and sparks fly, they flirt - but the evening ends. Shortly after,
Rhiannon
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! What a read. This book by far met my expecting and then some. I have wanted to read Mikes story for a while, actually before Triggers and Tess and let me tell you it was worth the wait. Jodi does not disappoint with this book. You will not want to put it down.
A. Cramton
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars!!!

She’s done it again!!

Every time I think Jodi can’t top the last one she blows me away. I fell in love with Cole just to leave him for Mark which then I cheated with Keith but Mike? I had a full blown affair! He was everything wrapped into a tattooed giant, a swoon-worthy alpha he is! I couldn’t get enough of his and Catalina’s story and I didn’t want it to end. Their story shows that no matter the obstacle that love will win, with them it will always win.
I can’t say too much but buy
Drina Bernard Milbury
OMG is all I can say.. Wow Freedom takes you back to all the feels we love with the Blackstone boys and our Devils Reach friends. This book had me laughing so hard I had tears and parts left my heart racing reading faster to see what's going to happen.. I LOVE how all our favorites come back to tell Mike's story. I won't spoil anything for you but this is A MUST READ for sure... Jodi you are simply amazing!!!
melissa vizi
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
J.L Drake has out done her self again!! Mikes story is deep and beautiful. Its a reminder every one has a past and not to judge a book by its cover.
The letter from Tess mmmm made me cry ❤ What an awesome touch🙌🏻

(Let’s all now cheer for John)
K.S. Rochell
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hypnotizing and electric!" J.L Drake deliverers an intense and addictive story..

This book was everything, I ached and craved for. The writing was flawless. The execution of the story was masterfully crafted..

This book is the truedefinition of a page turner, I devoured every second of it Easily one of my top reads of 2019!

“5 Captivating Stars!”

Shannanaghans
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
JL Drake has the magic touch when it comes to creating realistic worlds where the reader is instantly lost in the story. Her characters are instant favorites.

A beloved supporting character of her charter series Broken, Drake fans have to be chomping at the bit to finally get their hands on Mike’s story.

Mike is one of the quieter Blackstone men. He’s loyal almost to a fault and massively gorgeous. Catalina is the perfect woman for Mike and he knows it from the moment they lay eyes on each other
LianaReads blog
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
💚💚💚💚💚

4.5 stars of freedom.
I loved this book for so many reasons. I’m always looking forward to read about characters that haven’t had a great childhood or life overall but there’s always something good going to happen to them.
Mike is the kind of men that gives you chills for his bear appearance but we all know they have a heart and underneath are soft and caring and so loveable.
Catalina is a woman that will always fight before bend to anyone’s rules and together they make a perfect match. Spark
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Freedom by J.L. Drake is book 3 in the Blackstone Series. This is the story of Catalina and Mike. I have read the previous books, which added to my enjoyment of this one.
Mike is a part of the Blackstone brotherhood where they work on missions to take down the Cartel in Mexico along with other missions. Mike is back in the US where on a chance meeting he talks to Catalina then they have another chance encounter where he learns Catalina knows his sister. Catalina comes from a well off family in M
Brandy Roberts
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
J.L Drake has done it once again my heart and head were all over the place after finishing this story , Freedom is book three in the Blackstone series . Oh my Mike been waiting for this guys story since he was introduced and I fell even more for him in the one . Catalina was really likable she is so perfect for this hero everything she does was brilliant . Another thing I loved about this book was seeing characters from a series by the author I so fangirld sooo so hard when they appeared .
I can
Suzanne
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With much anticipation, we finally have Mike’s story in our hot little hands and oh does JL Drake not disappoint at all!! This story is raw and passionate with such epic twists that keep you on your toes in complete Drake fashion. I have adored Mike since day one. And seeing him find his one was a stunning and epic tale! Then you have Catalina. OMG I loved her for Mike! She is witty and sassy! She gives as good as she gets and their connection is intense. My heart broke for her learning more abo ...more
Kelly Dibeler-Catrambone
Another five star read! Mike seemed to be just some background character in the Broken Trilogy, but quickly and quietly turned into someone we needed to learn more about. This is his story and seamlessly weaves the Blackstone team and newer characters together to provide a complete package. This story provides a place for all sorts of emotions. While I spent a good deal with tears in my eyes, most of those tears were happy ones. Thank you JL Drake for loving your characters and readers enough to ...more
KRYSTA BLACKBURN
Mikes Time Has Finally Come

It's like going home....
Freedom is book 3 in the Blackstone Series which is standalone books based off her Broken ♡ Trilogy.
...
And while this book started off a little on the slow side for me it was like a slow burn.....Jodi dose not disappoint. And best of all we get to revist some old friends. But beware....Nan is lurking and we all know what happens when Nan is loose. We get to see Trigger and Tess and and more depth into how Mike and Trigger came to be. And finall
Vanessa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 3rd installment of JL Drakes Blackstone Series is here. The story is action pack and fast-paced from the start. Mike is sexy, kind and protective like all our Blackstone men but he is certainly not the shy man we thought! Cat is strong, kind, and loyal like all our Blackstone woman.
Cat & Mike are a pair that strengthens and complements each other; however, their story is a true testament to the writing ability of our beloved J.L. Drake. She has done it again with a well-written story of
Kim
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Your past can free you!!

The. Wait. Is. OVER!!!! His story has finally been written!!!! I’ve waited for this book ever since Savi first ran into Mike in Broken. It’s an amazing journey about battling through your past to finding the freedom you deserve, even when you think you’ll never make it.
Jodi totally raised the bar with Freedom.
Mike was one of my first book boyfriends and I’m so happy he finally gets his girl!! This book is EPIC!!

#Freedom
#Blackstone
#FutureMrsIrons
BeeKay
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So I will admit I was excited to get this book but I was also skeptical. I was always more team Devils Reach than team Broken/Blackstone. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Broken series and the Blackstone series, but I LOVED the Devils Reach series. I knew Trigger was going to be in this book so I was on board. What I didn't expect to happen....was that I would love this book as much as I had loved the Devils Reach!

So let's talk Mike. Mike is a member of Blackstone and has always been the
Jennifer Pierson
OH MY HELL! I knew this story was going to be awesome because it's J.L. Drake, I just didn't expect the story that I read which had me all jacked up cover to cover. Mike was a serious weapon for the US, as he & his team were chasing down a big baddie in a powerful Mexican Cartel, not to mention they were trying to extract a girl, who was being used as a drug mule, for her mother. He & his team are back & forth as they try to chase leads down, so when he's home, he likes the downtime, ...more
Ashley Estep
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I love Mike!! I fell in love with Mike in the Broken Trilogy, the scary tattooed man that's the sweetest thing ever. J.L. Drake hooked me with Broken and I've been hooked on Team Blackstone ever since.

Drake gives us a little bit of everyone in this book. We get everyone from the Shadows and even the Devil's Reach. So we get everyone and everything we love about Drake all rolled into one! What is not to love about this?

Mike's story maybe my favorite after Cole and Savi's. (sorry but I will
Up All Night With Books
5 Stars
Review by: Alysia
Late Night Reviewer
Up all night with books blog

Wow! Once again JL Drake has wooed me, grabbed me and wouldn't let me go until the end.

Mike is a large scary guy, think of the hulk, not green, and covered in colorful tattoos. Catalina is the girl running from her past and trying to be a better person then what her family believes her to be.

When Mike and Catalina have a formal introduction at his family's BBQ its love at first sight for him. Catalina on the other hand is
Jamie Johnson
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mike's story is finally here! I repeat, Mike's story is finally here!!

The wait seemed like forever, but the 3rd installment of JL Drakes Blackstone Series is here, and she isn't pulling any punches. This story is action-packed from the prologue to the very end, and I'm not just referring to dangerous situations either...wink, wink. The banter between everyone is hilarious and welcomed comedic relief *cough* Nan *cough* and true to Jodi form, there are plenty of cameos from her other books...Can
Cheri
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maybe my favorite of the six-book series.

Mike is the huge, tattooed, new leader of the Blackstone second safe house. He's stood by and watched his friends and teammates find love, shared in the pranks, played with their kids. He never thought he'd find someone to share his complicated life. It takes a special woman to do so. Catalina, his little sis's friend, captures his attention immediately. It doesn't take long for their hormones to take over. However, he's not sure about a woman in his life
Ga Books LoverX
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Em Gee, y'all, if you like sexy black ops alpha men- this book and series by JL Drake are so up your alley that you should already be there. I just binge read 3 series by the author to get ready for this book and I am 100% hooked. These stories are raw, gritty, sexy, and full of angst and awful situations.

I am not telling you who this one is about, because you will find out soon enough, but if the author didn't mention it- then I won't either. All I can say is that I was so happy to get in th
« previous 1 3 4 next »
International best selling author J. L. Drake was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, later moving to Southern California where she lives with her husband and two children.

When she's not writing she loves to spend time with her family, travelling or just enjoying a night at home. One thing you might notice in her books is her love for the four seasons. Growing up on the east coast of Canada t

Blackstone (3 books)
  • Honor (Blackstone, #1)
  • Escape (Blackstone, #2)