Start by marking “Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)” as Want to Read:
Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)

Devil’s Blood

(Shade of Devil #3)

The greatest trick the First Vampire ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn’t exist.

Before the now-infamous Count Dracula ever tasted his first drop of blood, Sorin Ambrogio owned the night…and now he's back.

History collides in present-day New York City. The various supernatural factions are splintering and growing desperate to maintain their seats of power.

Published January 7th 2020 by Argento Publishing (first published December 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Devil’s Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devil’s Blood

Start your review of Devil’s Blood (Shade of Devil Book 3)
Judi S.
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
First let me say, shame on every one of you who felt a need to put spoilers in your reviews. It is so not necessary, and you probably ruined the book for a great many readers who actually read the reviews before buying. Stop and think next time about the other guy before you spit out spoilers that could very well ruin it for everyone else. Not cool, man, not cool at all.

So, to the meat of my review. This is a review I'm thrilled to write. The last 2 were so hard for me to write because I am a
Louise
Jan 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Disappointing

This is the first time I've given Shayne anything less than 5 stars. I have loved getting to know Sorin and his accomplices, but this book was different. It started off really well, I was excited about the way things were going and was loving Shaynes trademark snark, but about halfway through, it seemed to lose its way. It felt rushed. Shayne loves laying flase trails. It's one of the reasons I enjoy his books so much, but this one felt like there were so many, or so many parts of
Penny
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I stated at the beginning of this series that I am not a big vampire fan. Oh, I read them, but they aren’t my favorite. This series is so very different, and this latest is probably the best yet. I do want to warn you before reading it, though, that you will need tissues, for both crying tears of sadness and laughter. There are so many things that happen in this one, I’m left at the end wondering how things are going to progress from here. So many revelations I didn’t see coming, and so many ...more
Jacob Sindic
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blood, souls, sacrifice, and a question of its worth.

The latest foray into the life and struggle of the world's true First Vampire only gets messier, and it picks up not moments after the last one let off. Sorin Ambrogio truly can't catch a break with how everything jumps from one chaotic mess to the next, though in again a very different flavor from the chaos Silvers' has wrought in his mainline Templeverse series. Between threats of two different covens of witches, attempts from the captured
Paige Guido
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
DEVIL’S BLOOD
Sorin has issues, truly. Battling Dracula, witches and Greek gods aren’t enough. He also has to struggle with his own parentage, whether or not he’s a baby daddy, and his relationships with the women in his life. Oh, and a giant ghost wolf?
Devil’s blood gets manic, maybe a little shocking, and even wildly inappropriate. Beneath it all run the threads common to Silver’s writing: the importance of family (blood and otherwise), loyalty, self-sacrifice…
The tone of Devil’s Blood felt
Audrey Cienki
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story! So you think that you know all about vampires? Read Shayne Silvers’ different and mesmerizing take on vampire history and their origins. Great plot. Great characters. Twists and turns. So much action!
Jackie Meyers
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I want more!

The word monkey has done it again! The rollercoaster ride known as a Shayne Silvers book had so many unexpected twists and turns, my head is reeling! I can't wait for the next installment.
Julie Pederick
AN EXCEPTIONAL FANG - BLOODY -TASTIC SERIES THAT'S BIGGER THAN MOUNT OLYMPUS!!!

Shayne Silvers remains one of the most innovative exciting inventive and influential writers in the Urban Fantasy genre today.
Constantly breakingnewground with cutting-edge stories with diverse and unique characters which you love & of course there's those you love to hate.
Silvers' has conceived a fresh spin and take and with a massive twist to this much loved vampire genre.
If you Love Charlene Harris Sookie
Lora Shouse
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sorin, the world’s first vampire, created by the curses of Artemis and Apollo centuries ago, was supposedly killed some 500 years ago and then brought back to life in New York City just recently. He blames Dracula, formerly his second-in-command for the events that ended his life and that he thought had killed his wife and son. And he has been trying to get his revenge on Dracula throughout the three books of this series. But things have kept getting in his way.

He has had trouble with competing
Dan Allnatt
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was even more fast paced than the first two books!

Sadly, it has a bitter/sweet ending to it, but with the series originally meant to be a trilogy, I am happy to discover there will be more books coming out in 2020.

The quality of the writing was utterly stella and I was left guessing what was going to happen next, which is a rare thing for me, but I was so glad by the end of the book that I didn't work out how things were going to end.

Now with me finally finished with the first three
Jason Frowde
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A kick in the tender parts kind of book

This book is one hell of a ride.
It has
Action
Adventure
Witty characters
And some kick ass side kicks
But be warned! this Author likes to blow stuff up... including your idea of where you think this story was going ( I can see him cackling maniacly has he furiously types muttering "silly mortals")
Honestly ... I was sulking for a week because the main character P'd me off... but then I realised. How epic is it that! I was angry at the main character... for a
Sara Branson
Don’t mess with family!

In the third installment of the world’s first vampire, Sorin Ambroggio’s story, Shayne Silvers brings plot twists galore and fresh takes on millennia old characters both beloved and vilified. This one has it all!
Forget your suspicions, forget what you thought you figured out, forget all those clues you thought you picked up in books one and two. Shayne manages to take all that and turn it upside down, inside out, sideways, drag it through an interdimensional worm hole and
Brett Wickersham
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When we last left Sorin, it seemed like everything was going his way. He had trapped his nemesis, gotten the girl(s), brought his home to NYC and even found out some things about his past. Now it all hits the fan. The witches of NYC (both sides) seem to see Sorin as the focus of their problems, and are willing to attack and steal to get at him, or get him to do what they want. In addition, Sorin finds that there are greater machinations going on in the shadows. Plans that go all the way back to ...more
Summer Riley
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book puts the fun in dysfunctional! I really enjoyed the third installment of the Shade of Devil Series! This book was quite a ride, had all the feels and truly kept me guessing the entire time! So many fun characters that I can't even pick a favorite! Really well written, all the wit and charm that you're used too with Shayne. Can't wait for more to come, what shananagins will ensue this time? Definitely some twisted, shifty characters in this story too! Baddies get what's coming to them ...more
Dana Audette
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous characters, witty dialogue and a ruthless world make this an amazing book.

Devil's Blood is a fantastic book that catapults you into the ruthless world of vampires, witches, and all manner of things that go bump in the night. This book wrung so many emotions out if me; from laughing at the witty dialogue, to the gut wrenching sense of loyalty and love between characters. I loved ever aspect of this book and Shayne Silvers' never ceases to entertain, but also touch your inner soul. Sorin
thomas
Jan 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Laura Hughes
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The master of the rollercoaster ride delivers as always. Twists, truths and the unexpected will keep you reading long past bedtime. If you haven't read the first two hurry up and get caught up. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll curse Shayne Silvers name. And you'll wait with great anticipation for the next one. Having read Anne Rice and yes even Stephanie Meyers and many authors in between I thought I knew what a vampire book would entail. What I got was a fresh viewpoint and a new favorite ...more
Kimberly
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book has so much happening, it’s really hard to put down! The first chapter drew me in and I was hooked, turning page after page to see what happens next. I love the characters, with Sorin, Aphrodite, Adam and Eve being my favorite. There’s nothing better than amazing story with laugh-out-loud humor and this book delivers it! This book is action-packed with danger, suspense, Olympians, magic, werewolves, vampires, witches, betrayal, souls, battles, secrets, family, laugh-out-loud ...more
Duke Dawson
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!!

I hate that he is such an amazing writer for the simple fact that once I start reading his books I literally consume them. Now I’m left lusting for the next installment. It would be interesting to see the Temple Verse and the Ambrogio Verse converge. I’d love to see Sorin as the head of the Syndicate and cross paths with Nate, obviously there would be a misunderstanding about the nature of the syndicate but... anyway I digress, ONE MILLION STARS out of FIVE. Love his work!!!!
Christi
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Devil’s Blood is one twisted crazy freaking out of this world kind of fabulous! Just when you think you have an inkling what will happen and which way it will turn you are twisted and left asking yourself did that just freaking happen!!!? It is like all of Shayne’s other book it’s unforgettable. Shayne has a way with his writing that I don’t just see words written, Once I start reading Shayne’s books it’s like I’m watching a movie in my mind play out. It’s fantastic! I am voluntarily leaving my ...more
Dan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
The first two books started out great and I am hoping for more but this third book was not all that, don't get me wrong I am a huge SS fan but all these 5 star reviews are just silly....

This third book felt rushed, too many things were glossed over and made easy which I suppose is to be able to extend the "trilogy" but most of all the ending is sucky and luke warm at best.

Don't want to stick spoilers in here but if there are no more books in this series and it ends here and if TWO changes are
The Mysterious Reader
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh. Dear. Lord. I am so loving Shayne Silvers’ newest series, Shade of Devil. It’s star, Sorin Ambrogio, is freakishly fantastic. A wildly imaginative take on the vampire mythos, the paranormal and mythological gods and goddesses this is a fantastic and perfectly executed story arc so far, and that (more than) certainly continues in its third book, Devil’s Blood. Go the the publisher’s blurb for a perfectly decent and non/spoilery (if that’s not a word it should be) summary. Just know that this ...more
Trae
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Damn you Shayne Silvers!

You ended this book wonderfully, wrapping up this story line, while opening up a MUCH larger one. But the losses in this one hurt. I should have expected that not everyone I loved would make it, but it still made me cry on my Kindle.
As always a well written and enthralling story. Sorin is my favorite Shayne character, beating out Nate and Callie. I can't wait to see where this storyline goes.
Terri West
Jan 19, 2020 rated it liked it
Okay so this wasn't as good as I hoped for, there was way too much stuffing and flitting from one thing to another. The 'important' parts of this book (Victoria and Natalie - all the info I'm going to give), were glossed over when I felt there should have been more depth.
Yep we had some fighting but not the epic battle I had hoped for. I love Shayne's books normally but sadly this one fell short and the overall feeling was rushed and messy.
Sorry Shayne, must do better.
Patricia Moran
SURPRISE!!!

I hate spoilers so you won’t get any from me. Once again Shayne Silvers has taken his work in an unexpected direction. He’s taken Dracula, werewolves, Greek Gods, Native Americans and witches . He tossed them together into a blender and created an intoxicating series that thrilled me. This is one author that keeps me guessing, I never know which direction his stories will go.
Maryelaine
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sorin is back with more family and more family issues. Big sisters who test one'side patience , Aunties and Uncles who may or may not have a vested interest in what happens, and above all else, dealing with Dracula. In this installment in Sorin's story we have some of the highest and lowest points in Sorin's story to date. We have all of the twists, turns and Oh My Gods moments the readers have come to expect, demand, and thoroughly enjoyou from Shayne Silvers.
EvilGiraffe
I am mad at you Shayne Silvers! So many good words and I want more.
I had concerns after the last book, but had trust that Shayne would being it around and I was not disappointed.

More ups and downs than a fad diet, and so much more rewarding. Devil’s Blood will put you through the ringer and leave you with a book hangover worse than binging on cheap tequila. This hangover will be worth it!
Karen
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has a wonderful storyline filled with action, adventure, danger, suspense, chemistry, awesome main and secondary characters. There's violence, extreme power, betrayal, deception, a touch of playfulness, heartbreak, loss, but also much is gained. Time will tell if a HEA is possible, that and the next book of adventures. I loved this well-written and exciting book. I voluntarily read an ARC and this is my honest review.
Cara Smith
Plan a recovery day

Step one: Take two days off. Normally, I advise one. I'm here to tell you, you need two this time.
Step two: Buy the book.
Step three: Spend the first day reading, laughing, crying, throwing things, cursing the author for all the little twists and turns, drinking, and wandering around aimlessly while you process.
Step four: Spend the second day curled up in bed while your brain recovers.
Tina
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good

This book was so good. Emotions all over the place. I really like Sorin’s character. I wasn’t sure about going forward with this series after the last book, but I enjoyed this book so much, I can’t wait to see how it will go forward. I did get a little aggravated, because I had a feeling what was going on at one point. I wanted to shake Sorin and tell him to wake up. Was some heartbreak, but a lot of growth too. Nice job.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • The Perfect Cup: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • Bad Moon Rising (Dog River Wolfpack, #1)
  • Aftermath (Decons and Magical Nulls-Elite Division #1)
  • Inflection Point: A Quincy Harker, Demon Hunter Novel (Quincy Harker Demon Hunter Book 6)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • Blood Bound: A Junkyard Druid Urban Fantasy Short Story Collection (Junkyard Druid Novellas Book 5)
  • Sin & Spirit (Demigods of San Francisco, #4)
  • Blackwing
  • High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
  • Rumple Buttercup: A Story of Bananas, Belonging, and Being Yourself
  • The Friend Zone
  • Odd(ly) Enough: Standing Out When the World Begs You To Fit In
  • Saving Mr. K: A Montague & Strong Detective Story
  • The Madness Below: An Alastair Stone Urban Fantasy Novel (Alastair Stone Chronicles Book 20)
  • Reaping Wind (Montague & Strong Case Files #9)
  • Wayward Son (Dog River Wolfpack Book 0)
  • Angel Fire (Immortal Legacy Book 1)
Let's cut to the chase. You read stuff. I write stuff. So, If you want to nab a few of my free Amazon Best Selling Urban Fantasy books to test the waters, go here: http://www.shaynesilvers.com

Now, let's talk about this specimen of a man named Shayne...

Shayne Silvers writes the "Nate Temple Supernatural Thriller Series" which features a foul-mouthed, flawed, young wizard with a chip on his

Shade of Devil (3 books)
  • Devil's Dream (Shade of Devil #1)
  • Devil's Cry (Shade of Devil Book 2)