Start by marking “Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage” as Want to Read:
Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage

Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage

On a grey London day, Esme’s world crumbles around her when she loses her glitzy job on a top TV programme, her gorgeous, city-slicker boyfriend and her stunning apartment, all in one fell swoop just before Christmas.

Esme is forced suddenly to move back to her sleepy home town of Sandchester, and despite the snow blanketing the roof and the fairy lights that tw
ebook
Published October 11th 2019 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage

DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

It’s one thing to steal a recipe but another to steal a grandma. She probably doesn’t even have one anymore. I bet she devoured hers like a praying mantis.

I bet I’m still in shock. At some point I’ll come out of it, realise what’s happened and walk to London to destroy Leo’s flat and put raw fish behind his radiators.

‘What exactly are you doing there?’ asked Helena pointing at the screen. ‘I’m creaming the butter and sugar together till it’s li
Natalia  Ramlal
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Food technologist Esme Kendrick is forced to move back to her hometown after losing her job, boyfriend, and apartment all on the same day. With no money and no place to call her own, she feels like a complete failure. But Esme is determined to get back on her feet, and with the support of her friends and family, she decides to follow her dreams. I absolutely loved this book. It is a heartwarming, inspiring Christmas story about love, friendship, taking risks, and not letting the fear of failure ...more
Berit☀️✨
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Everywhere you go
Take a look at the five and ten, it's glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes that glow.

A festive feel good story bursting with yuletide cheer and second chances. Katie ginger writes stories that will warm your heart and raise your spirits. This was an engaging second chance romance; humorous, magical, and charming. The perfect book to get you in the Christmas mood all wrapped up in a beauti
Dash fan
5☆ A Warm, Witty, Scrumptious Festive Romance!

Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage is a heart warming festive read that was a delight to read.

But I also want to take a moment to admire the book cover, it's so beautiful and sums up that magical winters day perfectly! It truly is picture perfect!

Esme is really having a tough time. Not only is she overshadowed by a cooking star determined to steal her recipes, but when she finally pluck up the courage and stands up fo
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Esme Kendrick is forced to move back to her small hometown of Sandchester after losing her job, boyfriend, and apartment all on the same day. She has no money, no home and no prospects and is feeling like a failure. She does not want to stay with her parents, so when they offered her some money to find a place of her own until she gets back on her feet, she jumps at the chance. She is determined to make a go of her life's work, and with the support of her friends and family, she decides to follo ...more
Maria
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
- Received an Advance Reader Copy in exchange for a fair review -

"Though Joe seemed kind and caring when he was with her, there was an impenetrable sadness about him, a weight he carried, and she wondered if it would ever lift." (quote from ARC)

Great story and fully fleshed-out characters!
An enthralling story with a captivating heroine and a hero drowning in sadness, “Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage”, by Katie Ginger (HQ Digital) has the added bonus of taking place
Karen Whittard
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening, in the lane snow is glistening, a beautiful site, we’re happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland.

Take a stroll through the beautiful lanes around mistletoe cottage. Where you will meet some wonderful characters and have a journey filled with Christmas joy, magic and sparkle.
Amanda
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have a little confesssion to make. Okay yes yet another one. Although I have all three of Katie's books, I have only read two of them. The other one is on my 'to be read' mountain. Now I have reminded myself just how great an author Katie is, that remaining book will not be on that 'to be read' mountain for very much longer. I totally, utterly and absolutely ADORED reading 'Snowflakes At Mistletoe Cottage' but more about that in a bit.
I couldn't help but take to the character off Esme fr
Kelly
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been eagerly awaiting this book and what a little gem it was.

Esme thinks she has life under control and everything heading in the right direction unitl the rug is pulled from under her feet. After a horrendously bad day Esme is forced to reassess her life decisions and moves back home to her parents in Sandchester.

I absolutely loved this book, it is a story full of hope, determination and at times desperation. Esme's antics will make you laugh throughout and leave
Sandy Barker
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to be an early reader of this beautifully written book. I feel in love with Esme, and loved being with her as she pieced her life back together. This is a scrumptious festive read, and Katie Ginger has proven again that she is the Queen of the slow-burn romance. Highly recommended.
booksofallkinds
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I voluntarily reviewed this book via Netgalley.

SNOWFLAKES AT MISTLETOE COTTAGE by Katie Ginger is funny, endearing, and with just the right amount of cosy, festive magic to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Esme works as a food technician for a glitzy TV programme but when the presenter of the show steals Esme's cooking idea and presents it to their boss as their own, Esme refuses to let her get away with it and challenges her, which results in Esme losing her job.
Bibliomedico
Check Out the Full Review On My Blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
*****************************
Thanks To Rachel At Rachel’s Random Resources For Giving Me The Opportunity To Be Part Of This Blog Tour .
*****************************
Heartfelt, Sweet and inspiring story.

Our Main character Esme lost everything at the same time, her job, boyfriend, and apartment. she is forced to go back to her home town and start from zero again.

A story about a food blogger which Even though I know nothing about fooa/>/>
Bridget
Although I haven't yet read Katie Ginger's other novels, the attractive cover design of this one caught my eye and I thought the premise of the book sounded wonderful. Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage was a really lovely story and I especially liked the main character, Esme, to whom I could really relate. She was also rather amusing and I loved the Christmas theme with it's festive charm and the story's overall tone which was so snug and uplifting, bringing with it all that delicious homemade coo ...more
Lovely Loveday
Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage by Katie Ginger is a delightful Christmas romance. The kind of story that tugs at your heartstrings and warms you all while renewing your faith in the holiday spirit.  A story about broken hearts, family, friends, and not being afraid to take a risk in life. Ginger writes a touching story that lets you take a stroll through the beautiful lanes around mistletoe cottage.  The characters are likable and you will instantly feel invested in them. A lovely, heart-warmin ...more
Carole Burant
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an absolutely delightful story and although there is some angst, there's also lots of humor and it all just warmed my heart. I must say, I completely adored Esme's mom, Carol, what a hoot she was!! This is a story about broken hearts, family, friends, and not being afraid to take a risk in life.

Every time Esme would blog about her granny's recipes, I wanted to go try them out! lol They all sounded soooo delish and being that I love to cook and bake, it really had my interest
Katiria
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
I received this book through Rachel's Random Resources Tour in exchange for an honest review, thank you so much to Rachel and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read and review Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage! ***

Oh wow, I read Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage in one setting and I couldn't put this amazing book down. I so loved and enjoyed reading this book in one day. It was a really great and very refreshing to read a Christmas book after ready so many spooky and horror books this mo
Claire Mc Partlin
This was an enjoyable Christmas story about Esme, who was just recently sacked from her food technician job on a TV show after standing up for herself, then when she got home her boyfriend dumped her and she had to move out of his London apartment. She's not having a good time, until she moves back to her home town, rents a quite dilapidated but very cute cottage with the lovely name of Mistletoe Cottage, starts up her own food website called 'Grandma's Kitchen', and starts blogging/vlogging abo ...more
Lis Carey
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, arcs, romance
Esme Kendrick thinks she's living her best life, with a job as food technologist on a popular cooking show, a handsome boyfriend, and amazing apartment in London.

Then she loses the job because she objects to the star claiming one of Esme's grandma's most treasure recipes as her own, and that same day, her gorgeous boyfriend dumps her for the woman he's been seeing behind her back. Since the amazing apartment is his, that's gone too.

Her friends help her get her stuff out,
Belinda Missen
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third Katie Ginger book I’ve read. Can I just say: she keeps getting better and better with each book. Seriously impressive writing here (not too afraid to admit that I’m a little jealous of her easy style and way with words).

I think everyone has been Esme at some point in time. The first person I thought of when reading her (and subsequently pictured her as) was Debbie Reynolds in Singin’ In The Rain, hidden behind the curtain while Lina Lamont takes all the credit. Ladi
Adele
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Oh my goodness I adored this novel by Katie Ginger and I’m not sure why I haven’t read any of her work before as her writing style connected with me on so many levels. Katie Ginger is definitely on my radar now and has a firm place in my favourite romcom author list.
Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage is a gorgeous festive feast of a read that I quickly devoured. I loved it so much I wanted the storyline and characters to be real so I could connect with them and learn more about their antics a
chai (likechaitea)
I won't lie, this was REALLY slow for me at first and I found it truly ridiculous how Nina got fired just like THAT. I mean, there are other ways one can DO to prove that they're telling the truth. How she was dismissed so easily was just dumb and had me rolling my eyes because of how frustrating it was. BUT GOOD THING, this book's pace picked up and I was soooo enjoying it. I loved reading how Nina was starting with her blog and how to get an audience like sis, I can relate. I saw myself there ...more
Donna Maguire

I am a massive fan of the different book covers that are released each Christmas and I have to say the moment this is my favourite by far – I love it, and it suits the book perfectly!

I have read a few books by this author now and she never disappoints. She always has well developed characters, the perfect pace to the story and the best locations which she brings to life so well.

I thought that this was a fabulous book and it will be one of my book highlights of th
Julie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is always a delight to read a new novel by Katie Ginger and this wonderful writer of romantic comedy is back with another irresistible winner that will brighten up your Christmas: Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage.

Life couldn’t possibly get any better for Esme. She truly has the world at her feet with her glitzy job, gorgeous boyfriend and stunning apartment. With Christmas fast approaching, Esme thinks that she is about to have the best holiday season ever, but reality proves to be
Denise Mcghie
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are only going to read one Christmas romance book this year, pick this one.

Food technologist Esme loses her job and her boyfriend on the same day and moves back to the sleepy village she grew up in. She meets up with Joe, who she fancied at school, he is now an estate agent and finds her a cheap little run down cottage to move into. She has to pull up her big girl pants and get on with rebuilding her life.

Esme is totally relatable and endearing, plagued with doubts
Pam Robertson
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a super festive read which has all the ingredients you will be looking for at this time of year. You feel for Esme from the beginning and follow her as she returns home and slowly settles in. I love the humour in the story, from the needy London celebrity cooks to Esme's delightfully mad parents, particularly her Mum, Carol. Esme's family are so caring and joyful. You have to admire Esme's belief in herself and her friends add plenty of light hearted moments.

In Joe, you have
Tiziana Langone
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

When in a book one of my favourite things is a big part of the story, I’m surely already hooked from the beginning in the story!
Let that favourite thing be food (sorry body, for all that I put in you!) and you add it with a great story and Christmas, well, then you turned me into a fan!

Esme is having the worst of times... she got fired from her job after the host of the show she works on stole her recipe. Then after coming home, expecting a proposal, she gets dumped AND almost
Georgina
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Esme is having a tough time. It's just a few months before Christmas, and she's lost her job, boyfriend, and flat all in one day. Returning to her family home outside of London seems to be her only choice, but she can't help feeling like a bit of a failure. With no career, no home, and definitely no love life, the future is looking bleak. But we all know Christmas is a magical time of year...

A lovely, heart-warming read, absolutely perfect for Christmas! Esme is such a wonderfully wr
Jane Hunt
The scene on the cover may be picture-perfect, but that isn’t Esme’s life when she returns to her home town and finds solace in a run-down country cottage. Joe is living half a life, scared to try again and overcome his tragic past.

The main protagonists are complex and emotionally damaged, they find something in each other that gives them hope, but is it enough to take the final step? The cast of characters, Esme’s family and friends are wonderfully eccentric and flawed. Despite the
Stephanie Dagg
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a warm, joyful, uplifting Christmas novel. If the season of goodwill isn’t the right time for second chances, family happiness and generally recovering from the slings and arrows of everyday life, then I don’t know what is! Oh, and baking!
Our heroine, Esme, is down on her luck but not deterred. A spell at home is what she needs to get herself back together again. Her loving, supportive family are a complete tonic. Esme son embarks on a new venture, and then bumps into Joe. Will they, wo
Linda
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🍰Off with the old life, on to the new and better!🤗
4.5🌟stars
Esme's crisis and gradual recovery is a lovely story. I grew fond of all of the characters except Leo, Veronica and Felicity (and I was not meant to like THEM, was I?). There's some deep emotion here with Esme and Joe forced to face their fears and disappointments to reshape their lives for the better.

The writing is good and stays focused, the couple's romance given extra complexity by Joe's guilt over an importan
Katie is a mystery and romance writer. Her debut novel The Little Theatre on the Seafront, published by Harper Collins, HQ Digital UK has been nominated for the Katie Fforde Debut Novel of the Year Award!

She also likes gin. A lot. So if you have any gin-based recipes you'd like to share, or to find out about up coming publications, please check out her website.