Start by marking “Ten Things My Cat Hates About You” as Want to Read:
Ten Things My Cat Hates About You

Ten Things My Cat Hates About You

This funny, warm-hearted rom com is perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Lindsey Kelk and Mhairi McFarlane!

‘The sweetest tale…crammed with joy’ Sunday Times bestseller Milly Johnson

Not everyone gets nine lives…
So he better be the love of a lifetime!

When Clara’s ginger cat Casper chases yet another romantic prospect out the door she’s ready to give up on love altogether. But then the fussy felin

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: November 20th 2019 by One More Chapter

To ask other readers questions about Ten Things My Cat Hates About You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Things My Cat Hates About You

Make Me Yours by Tia LouiseAgain, but Better by Christine RiccioYou'd Be Mine by Erin HahnJules by Ellie  PennTo the Stars and Back by Camilla Isley
Romance 2019
172 books — 225 voters
To the Stars and Back by Camilla IsleyChristmas Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaThe Unhoneymooners by Christina LaurenI Owe You One by Sophie KinsellaPassion on Park Avenue by Lauren Layne
Chick Lit 2019
26 books — 45 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Ten Things My Cat Hates About You
Dita
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance is not my typical genre but I love cats so I decided to give this a whirl. It was fairly light on cat humor but a pretty cute story in the end.

Thank you to Lottie Lucas, Harper Impulse and Killer Reads, and NetGalley for giving me this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Jayme
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 meows! 😼 (rounded up)

After 4 dates, Clara decides it’s time for the ultimate test...introducing her latest romantic prospect to her ginger cat, Casper, who has found something to dislike in every man, that Clara has brought home.

When yet another beau goes running, Clara is offered some well meaning advice from her brother Freddie, who suggests that maybe, Casper, is a better judge of character than Clara...

And, from her married, best friend, Heather, who advises “Find someone w
preoccupiedbybooks
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute and light read, but there was not enough Casper!

Ten Things My Cat Hates About You was a quick and sweet read about a girl called Clara, and her grumpy cat Casper. When he chases another romantic suitor out the door, she decides to give up on love, until said cat causes her to meet not one, but two new men...
A cute and light read, but there was not enough Casper!

description
I really loved the setting of this book, in Cambridge! I've been there twice, once to visit a friend at uni there, and then to her wedding at the University! I found it a beautiful place, and this book transported me right back there!

The book did give me warm fuzzy feelings, but I did feel a bit disappointed that there wasn't more misadventures with Casper! I love grumpy cats, and I just wanted more assholery behaviour!
Snowy1
(MY GRUMPY CAT)

Clara was an okay heroine, but was a little annoying. She was a bit too dreamy and whimsical for me. She rambled a lot and actually talked to us as though we were there, hidden camera style, which felt a bit odd?! I did like that she had family and friends in the book, but she seemed a bit preoccupied by her own world to see what was going on with a lot of them! She was also very naïve when it came to the men in her life...It would have been nice if she would have figured stuff out a little earlier on I felt.

The romantic situation was obvious to me a mile away, so there were no real surprises there. If the author wanted to keep us guessing a bit more, then one of the characters needed to be a bit more fleshed out. I also felt like we were told a lot of things, rather than shown?

Nevertheless, I did enjoy the story, for what it was-a quick, light fluffy read.

Many thanks to HarperCollins UK, OMC and Netgalley for this e-arc in exchange for an honest review!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love my cat, but he's a grumpy bastard... Can't wait to meet Casper!
Tilly
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it

This book was cute, funny and thoroughly british. It was a nice easy read that had my attention from the beginning.
I loved that it was set in Cambridge and the punting and historical landmarks were included. Even though I haven't been to Cambridge I felt as if I was transported there. The setting and all the very british words and britishisms made me smile and proud to be from our small island.
From the beginning I knew this was going to be rather...well...silly. I read the book
Storme
I picked this book up solely for the title. I can’t resist cats. I have two of my own I adore to pieces. So this one was super irresistible to me. I was ready... I was very prepared to love this book... and it was just okay. This story ended up falling below my expectations, and it was a little dull. I adore British rom com books, but this one didn’t live up to the ones I normally devour.

Clara wants to fall in love with the right man, but her cat Jasper scares away all the men she brings home.
Juli
Oct 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
2.5 stars. Review to follow.
Georgia
Oct 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019
Even though I'm not a cat person I thought, "this is cute cover, this might be a fun, light, cute romance, plus it's set in England...in the UK no less." But oof, this wasn't good. I will say the writing was fine. Also, it's a closed door romance, if you like to know that type of thing. The rest of it fell flat.

Clara is a vintage dress wearing assistant curator at a small museum in Cambridge, where she does a lot of the grunt work while the older, stodgy curator refuses to give her any creative
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
3/5 stars
I received an early copy from the publisher via netgalley in exchange for a review.

I requested this book because my husband and my cat hated each other for the first 4 years of our relationship. Casper is obviously a very naughty cat, BUT as someone in the Veterinary field, everything that involved going to the vet for Casper was very inaccurate in comparison to how it would happen at any of the clinics I've worked at. I'm not going to go too much into that.

C.
Oct 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways-arcs
I was excited to be able to review this book for an honest opinion from Netgalley. I was hooked by the title for starters and love how Casper, the ginger cat, is entwined throughout the story line. This is an easy and quick read. For romcoms I do hope for a good mixture of laughter and connection with the characters. Though I did not truly "lol" through the majority of this book I did enjoy the character connections. There were times I wanted to give Clara a wake-up call slap for her obliviousne ...more
Jamie
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley and to the publisher for sending me an e-galley of this book in exchange for an honest review!

The premise of "Ten Things My Cat Hates About You" is what really hooked me as a cat owner, but I have to say that the story actually fell a bit flat for me. It was really hard for me to really get sucked in or hooked. I felt like it was very shallow, in a way.

Clara is a hopeless romantic with a finicky ginger cat named Casper who hates pretty much any man she brings hom
Mhughessc
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Ten Things My Cat Hates About You" has everything I ask for in a quick read: romance, humor, and cats! This was an adorable romantic comedy, and I loved it! The ending felt a bit rushed, but otherwise, I enjoyed this book immensely.

Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC. All opinions are my own.
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Hmm...hard one to review.
The writing was “ok”. Actually everything was just “ok” with this one.
I feel horrible but it’s just not a memorable book.
It’s supposed to be a romcom but I didn’t laugh that much.
Closed door romance that’s an easy read.
***ARC provided by NetGalley
Emily Merrill
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*** Copy sent via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review ***

I LOVED THIS BOOK.

Ten Things My Cat Hates About You follows twenty-five year old Clara Swift and her romantic escapades as she stumbles through her twenties. Clara thinks her brother Freddie and her best friend Heather both seem to have romance all figured out, but feels that she personally can't get it right. It doesn't help matters that her cat Casper hates every man she brings back to her rainbow-painted house, and t
Jennifer Ashburn
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
While romcom is not typically the genre I delve into, I am obsessed with cats and really wanted to give this one a try! I expected some comedy, snark, and sneakiness from a cat hell bent on hating the new man in town. What we get is an angsty cat named Casper who, unfortunately, causes a bike accident instigating a meeting between Adam and Clara. Clara is smitten immediately and runs several scenarios through her head on happily ever afters. Unfortunately he couldn’t pick her face out in a crowd ...more
msartemysia
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I was kindly provided an ARC of this book on NetGalley*

What drew me to request this book when I saw it on NetGalley was the title. I love it when pets play matchmakers because they just KNOW. Always trust your pet. Secondly, the title is great. "10 things I hate about you" was an iconic movie (RIP, Heath Ledger) and anything that references it is a must-try.

I adored this book. ADORED it. It finally broke a reading slump I had with M/F romance. It was just so lovely. Though it’s by no means a Ch
Jeeves Reads Romance
More Bridget Jones than 10 Things, this light and funny British rom com sits solidly somewhere between 3 and 4 stars for me. There’s a whole lot that I liked about the book - it’s a true rom com with such a fun vibe, solid writing that moves quickly, and an interesting plot that feels like a modernization of a 90s movie. However, there’s a whole lot that I DIDN’T like as well - our heroine romanticizes things so much that she can’t see what’s right in front of her, the “wrong” guy plays a role i ...more
Michelle
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m a big cat lover and A cute story, so of course this book appealed to me.

Clara hasn’t had the best luck in love and she somewhat seriously thinks it’s because of her cat Casper.

Casper tends to harass the men Clara brings home.

When the most recent guy runs from Clara’s house because of Casper, her best friend Heather suggests that maybe Casper has better taste than Clara.

She points out to Clara that she didn’t really know if she was compatible wi
Nicole Overmoyer
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't giggle. Catch me giggling and you've done well to break through to me. Laughing loud, yes, and quiet stoicism, yes. Nearly never the thing, giggling, between the two.

So the fact that TEN THINGS MY CAT HATES ABOUT YOU made me giggle, countless times, bumped it from a four-ish star read to five. It is such a stinkin' cute story!

Clara Swift has only one steady man in her life... Casper the cat. Casper has opinions about the other men who show up in her life, hence th
Ashton Reads
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
As a lover of both cats and romance novels, I absolutely adored this novel! Clara was a riot, as was Casper, and I found myself laughing out loud multiple times at both their antics. I also got warm fuzzies at certain parts, especially when Casper put his paw on Adam's hand in a mini truce.

At times I did find the love triangle a tad tedious, and wish she had discovered who "the one" was a biiit earlier on, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed Clara's self-discovery that you don't have to lower your
Natalie
Oct 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Y'all, "Ten Things My Cat Hates About You" let me tell you-
🐈
Eh. There is nothing structurally, emotionally, or plot-wise *wrong* with this book, it just wasn't for me. It was kinda boring and surface level. I just turned my brain off and did some skimming.
🐈
This book didn't make me want to poke my eyeball out like Jasmine Guillory does, but it wasn't as deep as Sophie Kinsella or Jill Mansell. And yeah, you're right- those aren't exactly deep books either, so you're probab
Jade Young
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was sent to me in ebook form by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. As always with NetGalley, the cover and description are what really drew me to this book!

I don't have a cat or particularly like cats, but the synopsis of the book drew me in. While I wouldn't exactly call this book a rom-com (I didn't laugh nearly as much as I wanted to) I did enjoy the main character, Clara. She was young, full of life, and trying to find a romantic fairy-tale type of love. Throw
Kirsty
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
When Clara's cat Casper drives away yet another romantic prospect, Clara starts looking for a man who can win him over. Within a short timeframe she meets a handsome vet and has a few run ins with a grumpy young professor that's been hanging around her workplace.
Hmmm what to say about this book. I wanted to like it but it was just.. fine. It's a cute story, predictable but sweet. Clara is a likeable protagonist, if maybe a little too on the sunny side. This is quite a shallow story - there
Morgan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought the premise of this book was both unrealistic and promising. Regardless, it was very unique.

We all have a friend like Clara—the one who’s obsessed with romance and pretty much approaches each relationship as if he was The One. With everyone dear to her in a loving relationship, all Clara wants is to find the man of her dreams—and one that won’t run from her obnoxious cat.

Enter Adam Warwick, a professor. A bike riding accident caused by Casper results in Clara meeting him—albeit he ne
Jacquie
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one tickled my funny bone!

Museum director, Clara Swift loves her job, home, family and friends, but secretly wishes for a fairytale romance like her parents had.

The problem is; she either falls for the wrong type of guy, or her rescue cat, Casper, scares away any promising prospects- what’s a girl to do?

When Casper almost gets run down by a grumpy professor, Clara rushes him to the local vet and meets the man of her dreams (or so she thinks). Josh is movi
Steph
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Not going to lie, when reading the first few chapters of this book I thought I was going to hate it, but I stuck with it and in the end ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

As the owner of an extremely grumpy Ragdoll cat named Billy, I loved all the scenes with Casper terrorising the neighbourhood with all his shenanigans.

The MC Clara is a headstrong hopeless romantic who I adored and her sidekick Casper the moody and very emotive cat. Clara is an art historian who works at a museum as a curator. Clara finds h
Carola
Oct 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
*I received a copy from NetGalley
This book will be released on 20 nov 2019

When I saw the title of this book I immediately wanted to read it, without knowing what it was about.
It started off strong, and I really liked how Clara interacted with Casper and how his movements always could be interpreted into something. I like to think cats understand us and also 'talk' back, even though we don't understand what they are trying to say.

As for the romance, I liked it
Stephanie Panach
Oct 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet, funny read - like a lot of the "british" romances that are out there this is sweet, funny, and not over the top dramatic. It definitely falls in the light read category - even though Clara has been through a lot in her life - that aspect of things isn't written to heavily. What kept this from being a four star read for me was the love triangle aspect of it. Although you can tell from the moment Casper jumps in front of Adam's bike causing him to crash that Adam is the one for C ...more
Caroline
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Ten Things My Cat Hates About You was a nice fluffy read, but it was a bit formulaic. The characters aren't anything really new. Our protagonist is Clara, the quirky assistant curator for a small museum that lives in a small pink house and has a perceptive cat. The love interests are 1) the perfectly perfect veterinarian that gets along with her cat and 2) the rude and cynical professor that does not get along with her cat. Adam reminded me a lot of Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, but I thin ...more
Nehemia's Corner Shelf
This was a cute, and quirky romantic comedy read that had me laughing out loud throughout the book whenever Jasper the cat was involved. I recommend this book if you are looking quick funny read, where we follow Clara, a hopeless romantic, whose cat Jasper hates all the men she brings home until she meets the young handsome veterinary who Jasper seems to adore, is this fate? Or is it Adam Warwick, the no nonsense professor she keeps running into. Apart from the romance aspect of the book I enjoy ...more
Heather Wright
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

(I was sent an e-arc of Ten Things My Cat Hayes About You from Netgalley and the publisher Harper Impluse and Killer Reads for review)

Ten Things My Cat Hates About You is due to be released November 20th 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by this book and I’m glad that I could see past some of the tropes that I don’t like.

I loved Clara’s misadventures due to her cat’s mischievous behaviour and how wholesome this story was. Not only do we see her romantic relationships b

• The Worst Best Man
  • We Met in December
  • Would Like to Meet
  • If I Never Met You
  • #No Filter: A fun, heartwarming romantic comedy for 2019
  • My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • The Suite Life (Paradise Bay #3)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Shortcake
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Love Lettering
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Until You (Fall Away, #1.5)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)