Start by marking “Hunted” as Want to Read:
Hunted

Hunted

(The Avalon Chronicles #3.5)

Cursed by witches centuries ago, Remy Roax was content with living his long life as a half-man/half-fox. But when he learned he had had undiscovered powers, he had no choice but to learn how to use them.

After relocating to North Dakota in order to practise his new found abilities, he soon finds himself in the targets of Louis Bonne, a man who wants to understand how the cu
ebook
Published October 1st 2019 by Hidden Realms Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunted

Dan goodall
A perfect aperitif

For fans of the series, Hunted as suggested in the title of the review is a perfect way to whet your appetite before Rebellion Chronicles on November 21st

The story had me laugh out loud a couple of times, much to the amusement and weird looks from a number of people on the bus, and for long time fans, first time review readers, I couldn't recommend enough.

For those who have never experienced the sheer skull f****ry in Steve's books, get yourself crimes against magic the first i
Sean
Remy is back

I’m really glad that Steve wrote this. It filled in some gaps between Scorched Shadows and Avalon for Remys character development. It also gave us the fun, angry, foul mouthed character we love. Great story and ready for Remy to get his buddy back in Nov.
Karen Cole
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As much as I love many of the characters in Steve McHugh's Hellequin and Avalon series, Remy Roax, the fox/man hybrid is my favourite and I know I'm not alone in that. I was really looking forward to this three-foot furry hero taking centre-stage so was surprised to discover him living as a human in the opening scenes of the book but soon understood why he is hiding away in North Dakota and being trained by Wei. It's here that I feel I should point out that although Hunted can easily be enjoyed ...more
Will Biddy
Another masterful addition to the World of Avalon

Finally a story about one of the most interesting and complex characters in the Avalon universe. This story not only added depth to our favorite dirty mouthed fox, but it tied together, for me at least, strings that had been dangling. I throughly enjoyed the interaction between Wei and Remy and can't help but to think that their story in incomplete. Maybe someday. It also helped tie together A Flicker of Steel. Another McHugh masterpiece
Alec Jones
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is why I love Steve's books...

Remy is a fantastic character, one of the best in any book and definitely deserves a whole series of his own.
Although this is a Novella it feels much longer somehow and the story line is fantastic...

I genuinely can't wait for the next Nate book!

Thank you Steve, for being my favourite Author...
Ami
When I visited Amazon and saw this one recommended to me - based on my purchasing McHugh's books before -- I couldn't click buy fast enough. It's a NOVELLA featuring REMY! Remy, the fox-man, friend of Nate Garrett from the The Hellequin Chronicles ! Of course I need to read this.

The timeline is set after everyone (view spoiler) died. Remy Roax has been learning about his new found superpower (after he found out he could become human) with Chao Wei a huli jiing
Andre
Oct 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Remy, the main character of this novella. He is a regular in McHugh's other books. So when I heard about this novella coming out, I just had to buy it, even though I was a little disappointed with the Avalon Chronicles and even the last books of the Hellequin-Series.

And while it was nice to read a story with Remy's somewhat unique point of view, it was nothing more than a nice and entertaining read. Just like an action movie: Fast-paced and with lots of action/violence, but nothing more.
Linda Ellis
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fox-man or human

Written from Remy’s point of view, the story opens with him as fully human with new powers and a big question: is he going to stay that way, switch back and forth, or revert to his fox-man form for good? Before long he finds himself up against ultra-nasty baddies and mayhem ensues. All good stuff. But no explanation is given for his new form and new powers. Not a hint. And I finished the novella thinking. “Yes, but why?”

Perhaps I’ve forgotten something from an earlier book. No ma
Shannon
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ah Remy... He is one of my favorite characters in the Hellequin series. How can you not love a hybrid fox-man with an English accent and an impressive insult vocabulary?
Well, I think I can saw with heartfelt honesty, that you can go f*ck yourself, you warped piece of dick cheese.

or

cockwomble
As a Novella, this story could have been its own side-story (i.e. a few chapters) in the Hellequin series. It follows Remy grieving for Nate while giving us more of the backstory of how the witch coven was
Sam M
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Brilliant!!!

Remy is one of my favourite characters!!
Then to get his own story **Cue happy dance**
I loved learning more about Remy's past. Working with Eek to understand just what he can do.
Even better with this story we get to hear Remy's inner dialogue. And the various ways telling someone to sod off.
Yes, this is a novella but a brilliant addition to the series.
Highly recommend!!!!!
Lee Belshaw
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic novella, a must read.

Having read all of the series stories so far this novella was a very very welcome addition. Remy is a beloved character and deserved his own story. It is a very easy read and once started you are easily drawn emersed into this world once again. The pace is spot on, delivering action and plenty of Remy's jokes and his own use of the English language 😂. Thank you Steve and thank you for sharing.
David Lurie
Terribly proofread, with many spelling mistakes and some sentences that don’t make sense. I suspect self-publishing this, rather than going through 47North, is a likely cause and probably a mistake. Definitely a four star book IF my flow hadn’t been so haphazard due to being repeatedly thrown off by having to reread bits to work out what they were meant to say.
Richard  Guest
Wow I love Remy even more now

I absolutely love this series and This novella expands it even further it is an amazing piece of work and continues to expand this massive world of magic and myth even further with details and nuggets at how it all works. Would highly recommend for any fan of the character Remy or just anyone who wants to read a good book!
Liz
Remy

Thank you!
I love Remy, as so many of your readers do, I love his ability to swear with such utter eloquence. I’m glad he’s more than just a fox hybrid and that he’s learnt how to utilise those extra gifts. Outstanding as usual can’t wait to get the next saga, I miss Nate! Once again Mr. McHigh Thank you.
stewart firth
Absolutely loved it

Couldn't wait for it to come out and by gods I'm not disappointed. Was an amazing action packed foul mouthed adventure but I just want more. Well do mr McHugh well done
Kari DoRego
A welcome addition to McHugh's Fantasy World

A great quick read to keep you entertained. Remy is as always a quick witted funny character with a mouth that a British sailor would admire. Definitely recommend this book.
Jeff Cochrane
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remy is back!

Remy has always been one of my favorite characters. It’s good to see him in his own story. Hopefully it won’t be the last we see of him. This story had plenty of action. Lots of old familiar people but it was Remy’s story. Recommended.
Casey Seifert
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted a big fight

I enjoyed this work like all of Steve's other however I felt robbed of an epic battle between a super witch and Remy. Regardless I loved the way the evil bastard died. This was a nice appetizer before the return of Nate. I cannot wait.
R R Evans
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every page

This truly has been a great and far to quick read
The characters just leap off the page although it’s not a book if you’ve not read the previous Hellequin novels as it leaps in with little preamble
Ciprian
Great to be back

I was looking forward to the new set of books in the series and this novella is a great prequel for what's to come in Sorcery Reborn. Can't wait to read what happens next.
Sally Tomalin
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great snippet to keep the interest going

I enjoyed this little detour from the main story line, I was waiting for a different twist as friend often turns into foe but we'll wait and see.
Can't wait for the main event! Not long now 😁
Matthew D Hill
Amazing work

Better than I could have ever hoped for. Maybe this can be a spin off series eventually? Please?!!! Also I think you should change tw** waffle to twaffle it rolls off the things nicely. I think remy would enjoy
Joanne Cormack
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last, Remy!

If you have followed the series then you have probably been waiting for this story to happen. It does not disappoint.
Remys first solo outing (with a little help from his friends) was incredibly fun and thrilling. I just wanted it to go on and on!
Emma Malloch
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great as always! Sets up perfectly for the next in the series! Cannot wait for Nate!
Giselle Robinson
Remy the fox you want to take home

The series has been utterly enthralling and leaves you wanting more every time you finish a book. Hunted does not disappoint.
Jesse Taylor
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We love Remy!

Amazing! I couldn't put it down, so glad we got more of Remy! Can't wait until the next Nate book is out
Sophie
wishing for more novellas of this kind! very enjoyable read :)
Mike Arthur
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Always been interested in a more fox-centric story and this delivers in spades. Entertaining as always, and lots of Remy. What’s not to like.
Daniel De
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent addition to the series

I only wish it was longer. Remy is one of my favourite characters from the original books, and it's great to see him fleshed out.
Sue
We wanted a Remy story!

And Steve delivered. Just as well done as any of his novels. Enjoyment from beginning to end. Can't wait for the next
Steve is a bestselling author of Urban Fantasy. His book, Scorched Shadows, was shortlisted for a Gemmell Award for best novel.

Steve was born in a small village called Mexborough, South Yorkshire, but now lives with his wife and three young daughters in Southampton

The Avalon Chronicles (4 books)
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • A Flicker of Steel (The Avalon Chronicles, #2)
  • A Thunder of War (The Avalon Chronicles #3)