Start by marking “Euphoria Kids” as Want to Read:
Euphoria Kids

Euphoria Kids

Ever since the witch cursed Babs, she turns invisible sometimes. She has her mum and her dog, but teachers and classmates barely notice her. Then, one day, Iris can see her. And Iris likes what they see. Babs is made of fire.

Iris grew from a seed in the ground. They have friends, but not human ones. Not until they meet Babs. The two of them have a lot in common: they speak
Published February 4th 2020 by Echo Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Euphoria Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Euphoria Kids

Start your review of Euphoria Kids
Veronica ⭐️
*https://theburgeoningbookshelf.blogsp...
Although not the intended readership, I absolutely loved this magical and tender story.

Alison Evans has a wonderful way of expressing feelings and emotions.

Iris is a plant child. They grew from the ground. The child of Clover and Moss. They know they are different. A non-binary child that talks to the fairie, Saltkin, in the garden.

I didnt want to be a strange baby made of plants, but it hasnt caused any problems. I dont know if anyone else can tell.

Babs
Leo
Oct 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
ONE OF THE MCs IS NONBINARY AND USES THEY/THEM PRONOUNS.

I am living.

the enby rep is ownvoices the enby rep is ownvoices the enby rep is ownvoices the enby rep is ownvoices the enby rep is ownvoices the enby rep is
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Euphoria Kids is an enchanting tale of identity, friendship, and belonging for young adults from Alison Evans.

Told with imagination and tenderness, it introduces Iris, identified as non-binary, who makes a wish for a friend and finds first Babs, a girl who often not only feels, but sometimes is, invisible, and a trans boy, new to the school, who has not yet found his real name.

The prose is lyrical with a whimsical tone. Using magic in part as a metaphor, Evans characters explore their who they
Jennifer (JC-S)
But we have to remember, its not up to us to change anyones lives, unless they ask.

Babs has been cursed, and sometimes shes invisible. Teachers and classmates often dont see her. Iris grew from a seed in the ground and identifies as non-binary. One day, Iris can see Babs. Iris and Babs have a lot in common: they are both connected to the magic in the world around them.

This is a beautiful story of acceptance, identity and magic. Iris wants to help Babs have her curse removed. And while they are
Paige Belfield
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is SO WHOLESOME!!! Three friends, so alike and so different, joining together to help each other find their true selves. I LOVE IT! It's also so refreshing to read a YA story following trans and non-binary characters that isn't about tragedy or persecution. Each of them has a loving supportive family and they are all proud of who they are and I love it so much.
Narrelle
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: australian, fantasy, queer
Alison Evans Highway Bodies was a superb new zombie apocalypse with its focus on gentle queer kids trying to survive in a savage world by leaning on love and friendship as well as their own resources.

Their next novel is another sweet tale of young queer people finding their place in the world and with each other, in an environment of fairies, strange realms and a witchs curse. Its as much contemporary fairytale as modern YA novel, which is a good part of why its so delightful.

The chapters vary
ALPHAreader
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I did receive an early copy of this #LoveOzYA book from Echo Publishing and *inhaled* it months ago! I think the publisher tag is very apt: Anyone who loves the work of Francesca Lia Block and delights in Studio Ghibli films will be entranced by this gorgeous and gentle young adult novel about three queer friends who come into their power. 🐱🕸🌿🌹 its just a really lovely witchy tale of power and coming-of-age from an author who is coming into their own too, and goes from strength to strength ...more
Michael Earp
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So cute and wholesome queer magic goodness. Adorable x three.
Trisha
Sweet and lovely. Until it's a bit scary. But only a bit.

Strong characterisation. Lovely truthful friendships. All the feels.

Bethwyn Badger
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review to come on my blog ^_^
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2020
Euphoria Kids tells the story of three kids. The first we meet is Iris, who has two mums, can see and speak with faeries and other magical folk, and uses 'they' pronouns. The second is Babs, who they meet after attending the same school for a while but having never run into each other before - partly because Babs has a tendency to turn invisible sometimes thanks to an earlier run-in with a witch. Babs is also made of fire, and identifies as female. When the two finally meet it's like they've ...more
Em
The three of us walk into the room together, and I stay.

Iris is made of plants. Babs is made of fire. And the boy, well, he's not sure what he's made of yet. Three new friends, each with a love of all things magical, come together in a sleepy, mystical town where things are never as they seem. When a witch arrives, Iris, Babs and the boy know they have to track her down to lift their curses and figure out where they're headed next. But there is danger around every corner and they will have to
Tina
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was recommended by Nevo Zisin, who did a Desert Island Reads talk at my library a few months ago. I probably would have picked it up anyway, as I've read and enjoyed their last one. Read this over a couple of days - would have been less if I didn't need to sleep and do other things! Beautiful, magical, great characters, amazing world building. Alison Evans gets better with each new release. I liked Highway Bodies, but I loved this. The gender politics of it were much smoother. I felt they ...more
Starr ❇✌❇
Queer friendship, a soft coming of age, normalization of finding your identity, and a main character that uses they/them pronouns....
I'm already crying, I need this book in my hands yesterday, please.
Lissa
4.5 Stars

A beautiful book, full of magic and quiet moments between loveable (queer!) characters.

Acceptance & magic & family & friendship.

The writing was beyond gorgeous and I loved it so much.

An excellent read, highly recommended.
Liz Derouet
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review
Interesting, diverse, great characters, review on my blog soon
Ronnie Ball
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, warm and magical. A modern fairytale exploring gender and belonging.
Louise
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Full review can be seen on my blog here and on The Nerd Daily here!

Rating: 4.5/5
Feb 15, 2020
Kimberley Dunt
Feb 28, 2020
Charles
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2020

• Burn
  • The Wailing Woman
  • How It Feels to Float
  • Yes No Maybe So
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil, #3)
  • Break the Fall
  • How to Grow a Family Tree
  • Finding Nevo
  • Bloodlust & Bonnets
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Love Story of Missy Carmichael
  • Kindred: 12 Queer #LoveOzYA Stories
  • Sheerwater
Alison Evans is the author of Ida, which won the Peoples Choice Award at the Victorian Premiers Literary Awards 2017.

Their second novel, Highway Bodies, was published earlier this year and they are a contributor to new anthology, Kindred: 12 Queer #LoveOzYA Stories.

They are based in Melbourne.

You can find out more at alisonwritesthings.com

News & Interviews