Start by marking “Toxic girls” as Want to Read:
Toxic girls

Toxic girls

AVANT. Elles sont quatre, Bex, Jenni, Ellory, et Ret. Quatre filles populaires, survoltées, volontaires, à l'avenir étincelant ; le système solaire dans lequel Ellory a enfin trouvé sa place, juste derrière Ret, leur soleil.

MAINTENANT. Ellory est seule. Le groupe d'amies autrefois soudé a explosé, déchiré par les secrets, les trahisons, la déception, et l'événement qui a
Published August 21st 2019 (first published August 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Toxic girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toxic girls

Start your review of Toxic girls
Emily May
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-"
"I took the one back to you."

I really wish this wasn't the case but, at this point, I think I’ve just read a few too many YA Contemporaries that do the same things and pull out the same twists as See All the Stars.

This is a book that relies heavily on the discovery of what happened in the 'before' of the novel. For me, at least, the journey was dragged out and overlong. The story alternates between the past, in which Ellory, Ret, Bex and Jenny are close
Chelsea Humphrey
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Simon & Schuster Goodreads
This is going to be an extremely difficult book to review, and I probably should have left this as a mini review solely for the fact that the less you know the better.See All The Starsis a character driven novel full of suspense with page turning compulsion, and I believe fans of YA novels that cross over between contemporary and mystery will eat this up. I am cautious to scream "READ THIS BOOK" because I know it's the fastest way to build hype and set up for unrealistic expectations, but I ...more
BernLuvsBooks (Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas)
4 You Got Me stars for Kit Frick's See All the Stars!

Have you ever had a friendship or love/relationship that completely consumed you? You know the type that barely toes the line between normal and obsession. I think many of us have been there at some point in our lives. You almost lose yourself in the other person. That is the bulk or Ellory's tale told here in split timeframes - the then & now.

To be honest though, this was more than a complicated tale of first love, friendship and
Larry H
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm between 4 and 4.5 stars.

I really enjoyed this book and found it surprisingly poignant. Think of it as not-so Mean Girls crossed with We Were Liars or One of Us is Lying , where you know something happened, but you just don't know what or who was responsible until you get further into the book.

Once the four of them were practically inseparable friends—Ellory, Ret, Jenni, and Bex. While Ret always had control over the group's dynamics (or the others paid the price), they spent most of the
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to First to Read for providing me a complimentary copy of SEE ALL THE STARS by Kit Frick in exchange for my honest review***

Holy unputdownable, Batman.

GRADE: A
5 STARS

SEE ALL THE STARS is one of those books that gave me a tingle in my stomach, an excitement that only book lovers can understand. Even in the first chapter, I knew I was reading something special. Kit Frick’s gorgeous words danced off the page into my mind. And heart. I wanted to read quickly to see the source of Ellory‘s
Karen McManus
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Complex, captivating, and gorgeously written. Kit Frick nails this story on so many levels: suspense, swoons, and sheer page-turning goodness--not only for the mystery at hand, but for what's going to happen for these beautifully drawn characters. They leap off the page so vividly, I felt as though I knew them and I'm still thinking about them a week after finishing. A stunning debut, and I can't wait to see what this author shares with us next.
♛ Garima ♛
Caution: This is not an actual review.

I have been noticing a trend that famous authors keep their book in Netgalley's read-now section and once you noticed and overjoyed by that - publishers give you protected PDF.

I hate reading PDFs, they are not great format to read. The difficulty is that I read all my books in eReader where I use Black background and white font color. It strains my eyes less and as my father is ophthalmologist, he simply agrees with the decision. There is no way to make
Carlene Inspired
Pre-order available now! Amazon
4.5 Stars

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I . . . "

Yes, I read this super early, several months in advance of its release date, but I couldn't get it off my mind once I saw the cover and read the blurb. When a book like this is sitting on your Kindle, you read it, publish date ignored. Within a handful of pages, I knew this was the sort of book that required my full attention. Kit Frick's beautiful prose pulled me into the solar system made up of Ellory, Ret,
Michelle
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I . . .

I chose to follow her.
Ret, Ellory, Jenny and Bex. They were four friends, inseparable. Ellory was the artist, Bex, the dancer, Jenny the grounded one and Ret the center of their universe. Each girl lived to please her and be noticed by her. They sought out her approval in all things. For her part, Ret knew the power she held over them and reveled in their competition for her affection.

I lied to myself.
A coming-of-age story, See All the Stars is also
Rachel Solomon
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electric-18s
I was fortunate enough to read an early version of SEE ALL THE STARS, and I absolutely loved it. There is so much poetry in Kit Frick's prose, so many gorgeous lines. This is a book that manages to be both chilling and lovely, with a nonlinear timeline that keeps you guessing. Longer review to come closer to pub date!
Kit Frick
Jan 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Hello, readers! *waves*

See All the Stars is now out in the world! Huzzah! If you're a fan of gritty, heartbreaking contemporary YA novels like Jeff Zentner's Goodbye Days and Courtney Summers' Some Girls Are and twisty suspense like E. Lockhart's We Were Liars and Stephanie Kuehn's Complicit, you're in the right place. I'm glad we found each other!

See All the Stars unfolds in two timelines with chapters alternating between Ellory's junior and senior years of high school. It combines a few of my
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This YA thriller is filled with teen angst, young love and tough friendships. Split into two time frames in a before and after format, I was left guessing what the twist might be - while it was in front of me the whole time, I didn’t even see it! I think once people read this, it may be compared to another popular YA novel, which I won’t name for spoiler purposes - but I’ll be curious to see how that impacts reviews for some - for me, this was definitely a hit!

I received an advance copy. All
I thought I had this book figured out, but things took a much darker, edgier turn than I expected. The story follows a girl named Ellory during her senior year of high school. We know that something traumatic happened the previous year to make her life absolutely miserable, but the book takes its time retreading the past and revealing exactly what happened. Frick is especially insightful about the ways some friendships (especially teenage friendships) can be incredibly manipulative, while also ...more
Milena
Nov 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I..."
"I took the one with this book on it..."
And I got bored to death.
Brittany Lamb
You can read this review at https://bookwormbrittanyy.wordpress.c...

Disclaimer: I was sent a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

*Rating: 3.5 stars*

"Whoever said that time heals all wounds didn't know what he was talking about. Time dulls the wounds, makes them bearable. But it doesn't patch you up and send you on your way, good as new.

I'm the only one who can make that happen. And it's freaking hard."

Do you guys ever read a book and come across a line
Procrastinating Slytherin
Hm… okay... wow.

There are some books you know you are unlikely to read again, not because they are bad but because they click something inside you and then they unlock something you buried deep –something you either fought against and won or compromised with, accepted and move on, much like its main character. They touch you deep and you are not sure if you are willing to go through that again.

I am not sure I can explain what this book was about –I’m even less sure I want to- but if I had to use
Vicky Who Reads
2 stars

I've been having a really good track record with YA mystery/thrillers (especially debuts) so far in 2018, so this ended up being a really huge disappointment for me. None of them have dipped below 2.5 stars & some just totally blew me away.

Until this.

The summary is honestly kind of vague. Ellory loses her friends and her boyfriend & is tormented by something. But besides that, I'm just at a loss at what the main point is supposed to be, even after reading the book.

The best way I
Bianca St.
Oh my God!!

This book was extremely captivating from the very first chapter. The switching perspectives from 'NOW' to 'THEN' keep the mystery and intrigue alive throughout the whole novel and they keep you reading so you find out what the massive event that caused such a change in these characters' lives is. And the plot-twist at the end will leave you speechless!

This book follows our main character Ellory throughout her last high school years, unveiling two timelines 'NOW' and 'THEN' until
Dawnie
I am sure that a lot of people that will read this book will love it.

But sadly i just read to many books telling a very similar story - toxic friendships between girls, bad things that happen that destroys friendships, told in past/now plotting...- and there was just not that one thing that stood out to me that made this book go from "its okay" to "this is great".

Everything was good.

The writing is good, the characters are okay, the plotting and structure of this book are good -even if some
Shanannigans
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
It’s not until adulthood that we can finally look back and fully understand the complexities of the core relationships from our youth. And they were complex. At the time we told each other we would be best friends FOREVER and meant it. Our first loves felt like the center of our universes, and they were. Everything was life or death at the time and we couldn’t possibly see that this period of our lives was nothing more than a stepping stone to something bigger, something real.

This wonderfully
Kaila
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2018, ya
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I—"

"I took the one back to you."

See All the Stars is a thoroughly impressive debut novel from Kit Frick that explores themes of toxic friendship, young love, and finding oneself. A powerful coming-of-age tale, this young adult contemporary manages to be unexpectedly fun despite being laced with dark themes, and I couldn't be more pleased to be sharing my thoughts with you today as part of the blog tour leading up to its release.

Told in a dual timeline
Lauren Stoolfire
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

THEN - They were four—Bex, Jenni, Ellory, Ret. Electric, headstrong young women; Ellory’s whole solar system. Lazy summer days. A party. A beautiful boy. Ellory met Matthias and fell into the beginning of a spectacular, bright love. NOW - Ellory is alone, her once inseparable group of friends torn apart by secrets, deception, and a shocking incident that changed their lives forever. Ellory returns to Pine Brook to navigate senior
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
3.5 Stars

You are the sun, and I am the moon.
Though intended for the young adult reader See All the Stars will be enjoyed by readers of all ages. In this novel Kit Frick exhibits a unique ability to write about extremely difficult issues with a captivating prose.

For a second, it was like he saw me as a vase teetering on the edge of a shelf, and if he reached out fast enough, he could still keep me from falling.
Her characters felt so real, like a story I could have lived through in high
Simant ♥ Flipping Through the Pages
Full review on: Flipping Through the Pages

See All the Stars was no less than a movie or a show. I went into reading this without any expectations or pre-knowledge and it totally surprised me. I loved this book.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-“
“I took the one back to you.

This story is about Ellory, a senior year student, and her life in Junior year. The book is basically written in two parts (not divided into two parts). The first part is about the present life of Ellory in senior year and
Kelsea
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Earlier this year I read All Eyes on Us, Kit Frick's sophomore novel, and absolutely loved it, so I was excited to read See All the Stars. My friend and I buddy read it together and neither of us could put the book down - it's one of those you'll want to read from start to finish in one shot! And it's the kind of mystery that keeps you guessing - as with Kit Frick's other book, anything and everyone is suspect. Some parts of the story were predictable while others took both of us by surprise.

I
Katie
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book was hard for me to rate because while I liked it, I also had trouble connecting to the characters in the book. I ended up with a 4 star rating because I did not see the end coming at all.

This novel alternates between taking place in the past, starting the summer before Ellory's junior year (then), and the present, starting just before Ellory starts her senior year (now). We know that something happened between then
Lauren
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK!!! The twist. Thank you netgalley and the publishers and author for the ARC my opinion is my own and my review is my honest view and hasn't been affected.

I felt there was a lot of story building in See All The Stars and 3/4 of the book I wasn't too sure what was going on and if it was going to shock me enough to be worth the wait, and be a big enough of a twist and at times the flashbacks and flash forwards were frustrating and a little confusing and I wanted to hurry through them to
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
See All The Stars has alternating chapters between “then” and “now”. This is Emory’s story about friendship and love. It becomes pretty clear early on that something big happened in the past. But we don’t know what it is until the end.

Emory, Ret, Jenni, and Bex are best friends. But not in the sense that they’re all so close to each other. They all hang out, but Ret is the person that keeps them all together. They are all friends with Ret, but not with each other as much. They don’t really hang
Danielle
See All The Stars is a bunch of different themes put it into one well-written novel. It's part romance, as the story plays out main character Ellory's first love with a boy named Matthias. Part friendship story, as it shows Ellory's complicated friendship with Bex, Jenni, and especially her best friend Ret. And part mystery novel as the story slowly unravels what happened in Ellory's junior that left her so broken in her senior year.

Overall, I really enjoyed this novel. The writing is extremely
Maxine Kaplan
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book....wow. It's hard to put a pithy label on what SEE ALL THE STARS is and that's part of why I loved it. It's a love story, but not in the way you think it is. It's a story of a crime of passion, but not in the way you think it is. It's a thriller with a twist I never saw coming until it was there and suddenly the whole book was thrown into a new and staggering light. And it's a deeply humane and beautifully written story about healing. Definitely recommend to fans of thrillers, stories ...more

• Hidden Pieces
  • Lies You Never Told Me
  • How She Died, How I Lived
  • A Heart in a Body in the World
  • The Roommates
Hi there! I don't accept GR friend requests because of Amazon's linked review policy. It's not personal! You can still follow me on GR for updates, and I'd love to connect on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. See ya there!

Kit Frick is a novelist, poet, and MacDowell Colony fellow from Pittsburgh, PA. She studied creative writing at Sarah Lawrence College and received her MFA from