Start by marking “Mercy: A Detective Matt Deal Thriller Introducing Wolfie Jules (Detective Matt Deal Thrillers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mercy: A Detective Matt Deal Thriller Introducing Wolfie Jules  (Detective Matt Deal Thrillers, #1)

His daughter was taken. He’ll never get her back.

Set in the near future, Matt Deal is a British businessman married into a wealthy Florida family.

Mercy, his fifteen-year-old daughter, is the glue in his rocky marriage to Lorey. His life is changed forever after Mercy is brutally sexually assaulted on a Destin beach leaving her in a persistent vegetative state.

Trusting the
Published November 30th 2019 by Hendry Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mercy

Start your review of Mercy: A Detective Matt Deal Thriller Introducing Wolfie Jules (Detective Matt Deal Thrillers, #1)
Stephen Bentley
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: author-comments
Not a review. I wished to express my gratitude to all those ARC reviewers who agreed to post pre-release reviews here. Not only did many of them download my ARC but some also pre-ordered at only 0.99 cents. A double thank-you to those who did or will do.

Some of you read the earlier version of the ARC. I would point out that a couple of typos, one factual error, and an explainer regarding the DA system operating in post-Brexit Britain have all been attended to in time for release day on November
Jacs
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance and Suspense

This story is about correcting an injustice. Matt and Anna are great characters in this story. The author did a great job fleshing out the suspense. I am looking forward to reading the next book.
Sandy Grant
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always Stephen Bentley takes you to the edge with a great story and lots of twists and turns.

Matt Deal, the main character is a what I would call a bad ass good guy. He and his lady, Wolfie/Anna get themselves tangled into a difficult and scary situation in order to avenge his daughter, Mercy. How they go about it will definitely leave you up late at night turning pages.

Because I know his books are absolute must reads I scanned pass the explicit sexual scenes to find out what happens.
Sara Jo Montgomery
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mercy is an awesome book. Detective Matt Deal has a lot to deal with between his wife, Lorey and his daughter, Mercy. This book will have you hooked right from the start. It's set in the near future and all the things happening could be actually happening now. The lengths dads will go to for their daughter/s is infinite. Matt and his partner, Wolfie, have a great partnership, can't wait to see where their story progresses throughout the series. It is a must read for anyone who lives a good ...more
Tina
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The opening scene is gruesome and very descriptive but relevant to the whole story and its character building and the very purpose of Matt Deal and his justice that he needs to serve!
Matt Deal just doesnt seem to catch a break whether it be his wife and his overbearing father in law who blames him for everything that has happened. But the truth will be revealed and Matt Deal will seek bloody revenge on all who has done himself and his daughter wrong. They say revenge is a dish best served
Heather Wamboldt
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mercy is a fabulous start to a new series by Stephen Bentley.

This story captured my attention from the first page and kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. The characters of Matt Deal and Wolfie Jules are well developed and the storyline is well written and a real page-turner. This story is a fast-paced, action-packed thriller filled with violence, vengeance and a vendetta against the men who escaped justice after destroying Matt Deal's daughter.

This book is a must-read for fans of
Pat Eroh
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know this author is one of my favorites and then this book just continues to prove what good taste I have (haha). So this book is a new thriller series with a character I just love! Matt Deal is amazing and I am thrilled to know there will be more!! The brutal rape of his daughter caught me emotionally even though I knew it was coming, and Matt's reaction to all of it is stunning. I am excited for the next book in the series.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Bernadette
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-great-book
Stephen Bentley's new book, Mercy, A Detective Matt Deal Thriller, is the first in this series. Matt Deal is a business man in Florida who is married to a woman who drinks all the time. His life is changed forever after his daughter, Mercy is brutally sexually assaulted on a Destin beach leaving her in a persistent vegetative state. There are lots of twists, turns and action in the book. This book has well-developed characters, plot and fast-paced story. Looking forward to the next one.
Kristi
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will grab you and hold you from start to finish. You'll find yourself on the edge of your seat as you turn the pages. Suspense, mystery and intrigue and woven throughout and the characters are strong and well developed. It's a fast paced action thriller with some violence, vengeance and a vendetta against those who did wrong.

Molly
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
An evening that starts with an eager fifteen year old sneaking off to see a handsome college kid ends much more darkly.

Tangled motives, lives, loyalties and betrayals collide.

New beginnings find bloody interruptions.

Skilled warriors have begun to fight. Justice is not guaranteed. More sadness and death lies ahead.

Intense action adventure and psychological thriller.
Heather Bane
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really great book. My interest was grabbed and kept throughout. The story is well written and developed. I recommend reading this book.

Sharon
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one and cannot wait for the next one a great author one I could not put down I read it in one sitting

Kay Castaneda
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stephen Bentley's new book, Mercy, A Detective Matt Deal Thriller, is the first in this series. His partner Wolfie Jules, a tough, attractive biker, arrives on the scene early in the story as witness to the brutal attack of Matt's daughter Mercy. Wolfie becomes manager of Matt's martial arts studio when he must get away to deal with his anger and sadness. The weight of his daughter's assault, which lands her in a coma, is too much to bear. His ex-wife and father-in-law create added stress for ...more
Connie Charron
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading the adventures that make up Matt Deal's life. While some parts seem to stretch your imagination I can still see how they could possibly come true. I am looking forward to reading the sequel as soon as it's ready. Good job!
T Olsen
Dec 05, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the worst cases of badly written stupidity I have ever seen. The language is stilted and unnatural, and there's so much nonsense I couldn't finish the book. A waste of time.
Caroline Walken
Linda Kane
Dec 08, 2019

• Catching a Serial Killer: My hunt for murderer Christopher Halliwell
  • The Little Book of Scandi Living
  • The Girl Who Ran Away (A McClintock-Carter Crime Thriller #4; The Girl Who Ran Trilogy #1)
  • Lethal Secret: A Cavendish & Walker Novel - Book 4
  • Crossroad
  • Agent Assassin (Max Thorne #3)
  • A Total Waste of Makeup (Charlize Edwards, #1)
  • Winter Hawk: A Raptor Holiday Novella  (Evidence, #9)
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Down the Darkest Road (Cady Maddix Mystery, #2)
  • When Old Midnight Comes Along (Amos Walker, #28)
  • The Lies She Told
  • How to Get Your Book Into Schools and Double Your Income With Volume Sales
  • The Assassin (Harry Starke Genesis #3)
  • THINKING: Change Your Thoughts with Step by Step Method to Make Effective Decisions, Remember More, Improve Problems and Generate Better Results (Positive Thinking, Thinking Clearly, Thinking Big)
  • A Harvest of Souls: Book One of The Grim Lore
  • My Firefly
  • Hidden Creek Cry (Hidden Creek High #7)
Stephen is a former UK Detective Sergeant, undercover cop and barrister (trial attorney). Now a writer, author and occasional contributor to Huffington Post UK on undercover policing and mental health issues.

Stephen's memoir Undercover: Operation Julie - The Inside Story was first published in September 2016 and rapidly became an Amazon UK #1 Best Seller in two categories. It has since topped the