Start by marking “Single All the Way” as Want to Read:
Single All the Way

Single All the Way

I can see my mother is calling me. I answer the phone, knowing I’ll have to tell her about Oliver and me breaking up. But before I can, she announces, ‘I don’t exactly know how to tell you this… But I’m leaving your dad.’

Single together for the first time, 34-year-old Meg and her warm-hearted, long-suffering mother Sally are cancelling Christmas, and running away to a
Published October 28th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Single All the Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Single All the Way

Start your review of Single All the Way
Carrie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
While Single All the Way by Karen King is technically best classified as a contemporary romance that takes place at Christmastime the cover makes it seem a bit more whimsical than it is. This one is not the light and fluffy feel-good you may normally find during the holiday season but instead a book that takes a deep look into two separate relationships and whether those are worth fighting to keep.

Meg, who is in her mid thirties, has been married to her husband, Oliver, for five years after
Shelleen Toland
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley-read
Meg is 34 and wants to start a family before she gets to old to have kids. Her husband keeps putting it off and then finally tells her he never wants kids. She feels like she wasted her life and that he lied to her and led her on so she leaves. He feels they should be happy just the 2 of them because they love each other.
As Meg is ready to tell her mom she receives a phone call from her mom that she left her dad. She isn't happy and hasn't been for awhile. He is happy just sitting home and
Alison
Meg thinks she has the perfect marriage, until her husband drops a bombshell that changes the way she thinks about everything. Then when she leaves a message on her mother's voicemail that she has left Oliver, her mother Sally announces that she has left Meg's father.

Together Sally and Meg travel to a holiday cottage in Cornwall, the same one in which Sally and Meg's father spent their honeymoon. Together mother and daughter get involved in traditional village activities like the Christmas fayre
Shalini
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was quite a contemplative read which had me pondering over relationships and the complexities that surround it.

Meg and her mother Sally had both left their husbands on the same day, due to reasons unknown. They went to a cottage on the Cornish coast to heal from their pain. They needed to think about their next step. During this entire process, they got to understand each other better and learn a few things from people who entered their lives.

Short precise chapters written with emotions by
LaBibliodeCaro
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Single All The Way is a well-written festive novel that successfully fuses family drama and food for thought about choices we make in life and how they impact our dear ones. I didn’t stumble upon any lengthy portions despite the fact that the action unfolds over a long period of time, which made for a pleasant reading session.

I found the general plot idea brilliant and refreshing. Both mother and daughter find themselves single around Christmastime, but for very different reasons. Basically, the
Vivien Brown
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two couples splitting up just before Christmas, both for very different reasons. As mum and daughter go away together to Cornwall to think, and to try to come to terms with the breaks in their once happy family, new friendships are formed and decisions are made. Who will get back together, who will not, and will it be for the right reasons? A little drawn out and repetitive in places but a good emotional read.
Anitajt
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I knew I was going to enjoy this book. Without giving too much away it’s a story about two women who leave their husbands and how they cope over Christmas together coming to terms with their feelings and their lives for the future. Thought provoking, entertaining and gives an insight to both sides of relationships. Loved it.
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Agi
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, 2019-releases

Meg and her husband own a party planning business. They love each other and they care for each other, so why is it that one day leaves Oliver? And when Meg's mother Sally hears about it, she makes a decision of her own - she always put her family, and first of all, husband first but now feels it time to think about herself. Will mother and daughter be able to save their marriages? Do they want to save their marriages?

I could get into the story but I also couldn't get into it, hope
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a really enjoyable story.

Before I get into anything just have to say I loved every mention of Laurel and Hardy, they weren't in it anywhere near enough for my liking, but I just wanted to cuddle both of them. Strangely I find you just don't get pet bunnies in the books that I read that often, so always good to have a cute animal present.

Equally you don't often have bother mother and daughter announcing the break up of their respective marriages on the same day, in the run up to Christmas.
Kim
Nov 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
I think this book could have been better if the dialogue was more ... natural. This is a peeve of mine in cozy romantic reads. I just can't stand the folks in a relationship constantly addressing each other so formally. No one in a romantic relationship ends each sentence or statement with their partner's name such as:

"I'd love an egg Meg"
"I'm just going to the bathroom Meg"
"It was hard to tell you about my secret Meg"
"This couch is uncomfortable Meg"

How about at least trying some informal
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for my copy of this book via Netgalley and for letting me take part in this tour. Last Christmas I read Karen King's Snowy Nights at the Lonely Hearts Hotel and I loved it so I knew I had to read this book when I first heard about it.

Meg and Oliver have split up.
Amanda in Ozerland
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this one was a bit disappointing for me. Most of the book is spent with Meg (daughter) and Sally (mom) each reflecting on their relationships with their spouses and what had gone wrong. Nothing really happens. And while this book is sent around the Christmas holiday it definitely doesn’t give off cozy holiday vibes. The story was just slow and anticlimactic. And then while I love a happy ending in a story I don’t like when they are tied neatly in a bow and this definitely was.
Deanna Walker
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
absolutely loved this book! It’s my favourite of this book...How they turned out great! Meg’s parents wants a new things as they’re split up just after Christmas..Glad that he’s okay...

Can’t wait to read this book from this author soon...

Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy....
Cat Kelley
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I was depressed all the way through this book....clear through to the end where everyone got their HEA.

The story was extremely well written even if it was subject matter I didn't want. It was true life and tragic. It was a very mature approach to an age-old story. It was well written.

While I can't say it was an enjoyable read, I can say it was a good story with the ending as it should have been.

This book was gifted to me by the author and NetGalley for an honest review.
Amanda
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have had the pleasure of reading and reviewing a few of Karen’s books now. Each one I have read, I have thoroughly enjoyed. I read the synopsis for ‘Single All The Way’ (nice play on a Christmas carol) and it certainly sounded like the refreshing kind of read that I needed at that moment in time. As soon as I could grab hold of a copy, I started reading straightaway. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Single All The Way’ but more about that in a bit.
I took to both Sally and Meg from the first
Gaele
Meg and Olly have a wonderful relationship, a solid marriage and are very much in love. The only thing missing is a baby, something that Meg has been planning on for years. But Olly is not so sure: his childhood was a tumultuous one, and he’s frightened about the commitment. When he tells Meg, after all their years together that he’s not wanting kids, she’s upset and devastated – believing that he’s lied to her for years and time is running out. Meanwhile, Meg’s parents Sally and Ted have been ...more
Madeleine McGowan
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
loopyloulaura
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meg discovers her husband Oliver does not want children and is devastated by his choice but also by the fact he kept it a secret: she almost feels likes he tricked her into marriage by claiming to want kids too.
She leaves him just before Christmas and when she phones her mum to let her know, Sally informs her that she has left her dad Ted after nearly 40 years of marriage. The spark has gone and Sally is desperately unhappy.
The two women head to Cornwall where Sally and Ted spent their
Living My Best Book Life
Single All the Way is a holiday romance all about relationships. Meg and her mother Sally have just made the decision to leave their significant others right before Christmas. They go to a cottage to reflect on their relationships and have to decide if their relationship is worth fighting for.

I love when an author gives us the perspective from more than one point of view. In this book, there are four different perspectives. In this case, it made the story more honest and vulnerable.

Meg owns a
Sherry
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
***I received an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you to NetGalley, Karen King and Bookouture.***

Single All the Way, by Karen King, is a story about the breakdown of 2 marriages. Meg leaves her husband after she finds out a devastating secret. At the same time, she finds out her mother, Sally, is leaving her dad. The 2 get a cottage together to figure out how they feel and whether or not they can salvage their relationships.

I wish I could say I enjoyed this
msartemysia
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was kindly provided an ARC of this book by the publisher on NetGalley

Just to get it out of the way: I did not like this book. The writing is okay-ish, but the character development sounded completely off to me and I cannot deal with rushed plots. It's surely is me, because this is potentially a lovely book, but it did not work for me.

The premise is quite simple: Meg and her mother, Sally, are both leaving their husbands at the same time, just before Christmas. Though you learn it a bit later
Linda
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two marriages at a crossroads and Christmas just 'round the corner

This is not your run-of-the-mill holiday romance. The mother and daughter main protagonists both, for very different reasons, have made the wrenching discovery that their marriages are no longer working and the choice to leave their husbands. Taking a breather to reflect in a quaint Cornish village for a few weeks over the Christmas holidays provides some diversion in the form of new acquaintances and community activities; gives
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
First, I want to thank Karen King, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Karen King’s Single All the Way’s fun cover and title definitely caught my eye. However, this book was not the light read that I assumed it was. It is a powerful emotional read regarding relationships.

Karen would like to dedicate this book to Ann a fellow author and friend. Memories of their joint author visits still make her chuckle.

From the very beginning of the book I
Pam Robertson
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spending Christmas in the lovely Cornish village lets you share in all the festive preparations and village life. This is an enjoyable book which gives you food for thought as well as some heart-warming moments. It is more than a festive read.

The storyline which features a mother and daughter and their relationship problems offers an interesting perspective and lets you see how they deal with life at different points in their lives. I particularly enjoyed the parts where Meg and Sally are
Kate Page
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Single All the Way took me by surprise. I was expecting a light, holiday read and definitely got moments of that but this book was far more heart tugging and real life than I expected, giving it more substance that the usual chick-lit.

Meg and her mum Sally, both find themselves single and recently broken up from their respective husbands, Oliver and Ted. They are both at very different stages in life. Meg and Oliver are seven years into their relationship, have built a home and business
Jessi
Meg wasn't expecting to be single at 34 but that's what has just happened. She and her husband have just uncovered a fundamental difference and they have split. When she calls her mother to let her know, Meg discovers that Sally has left Meg's father. After years of floating, Sally has decided that she may only have a little time left but she doesn't want to spend it with someone who doesn't want to travel and who grumbles when she does. He doesn't even realize that Sally is serious about ...more
Toni Broom
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although the title suggests a fun lighthearted festive read, this book begins with a mother and daughter who have both decided to leave their husbands.
After 30 plus years of marriage, Sally feels trapped. Newly retired she wants to explore the world, something that she has often discussed with her husband Ted. However as they have grown older (and apart) Ted is happiest in his garden and has no interest in socialising.
Meg who at 34 is now more than ready to start a family with husband Oliver,
Roberta
Sep 23, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was really not my cup of tea. From the cover and the title, I expected a fun, Christmassy book. Obviously, there would be some unhappiness near the beginning, as both women have split up from their husbands, but I expected some light hearted and fun parts later. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The majority of the book is spent with the two women reminiscing about how miserable they were and how they’d been betrayed, everyone being miserable, a number of angry conversations and a ...more
Maria Rossy (The Bolivian Bookaholic)
Meg and her mother are celebrating Christmas alone in a cottage, as the two of them left their husbands the same day.

Meg is 34 and has always wanted to have a baby, but after seven years of marriage her husband Oliver tells her that he doesn’t want children ever, so Meg is devastated. Sally, Meg's mother can no longer bear to feel trapped in a monotonous marriage, Ted, her husband and Meg’s father, has changed over the years, he wants to do less and less things with Sally and only cares for his
Caroline Venables
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really interesting Christmas read. It is not the traditional feel good book, it delves deeply into relationships and reasons for continuing one or starting over.

The story follows Meg and Sally, a mother and daughter who find themselves single at Christmas. They were both in marriages and these have broken down for very different reasons. Over the holiday period they decide to take themselves off to a cottage where they both mull over their life choices.

The author is very clever in her

• The Garden on Sparrow Street
  • Four Christmases and a Secret
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Christmas at Silver Falls
  • The Gift of Happiness
  • Notting Hill in the Snow
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • Snowflakes at Mistletoe Cottage
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • A Wedding in December
  • The Christmas Wish List
Karen King is a multi-published bestselling author of romance novels, YA and children's books. She has had eight romantic novels, two YA books and 120 children's books published. She has also written several short stories for women's magazines.

Currently published by Bookouture, Karen's latest title, Single All The Way, is out now.