Start by marking “Lady Cecilia Is Cordially Disinvited for Christmas” as Want to Read:

Home for Christmas

Weary of the long hours he's been spending on a make-or-break legal case, Devin Montlake, the youngest son of the Earl of Vincent, is thrilled at the prospect of spending Christmas with his childhood love Lady Cecilia. With professional success almost within his grasp, he can finally formalize their understanding. Unfortunately, his interfering family's H
Published October 8th 2019 by Flowers and Fullerton

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Cecilia Is Cordially Disinvited for Christmas

Elodie
Publisher Flowers and Fullerton

Blurb

Cheryl
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an entertaining read. Devin, the youngest son of the Earl of Vincent, is determined to propose to Cecilia, much against his parent’s wishes. His mother, in particular, has another young lady lined up for him. Cecilia is a very caring person and provides for the local orphanage. There are a number of misunderstandings and a more spiteful person you could not find than Devin’s mother. I did wonder if Devin was ever going to stand up for Cecilia. However, this story isn’t finished, it is a ...more
aarya
I should've DNFed as I was never emotionally invested in the characters or their situation. Honestly, the writing isn't terrible but the novella focused more on how the hero's mother disapproved of the match than the actual romance itself. I felt so dissatisfied when I reached the end. Not for me, but your mileage may vary.
Tara Cardwell
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

This was a cute, sweet, and clean novella about the engagement of Lady Cecilia and Devin. Close childhood friends turned sweethearts, Cecilia and Devin have been separated for the past two years while Cecilia comes of age and Devin works to establish himself as a barrister to provide a life for them.

The majority of this novella is mishaps and miscommunications. Why hasn’t Devin written for the past 6 months? Why wasn’t Cecilia invited to Christmas as usual? Will Devin ever gr
SH
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was hard to go past such an interesting title and this was such a sweet romance! Devin Montlake, is keen to marry Lady Cecilia, a woman he has known since childhood. However, his parents are not keen on her social standing, given her father’s propensity for bad business dealings. So, his parents do not invite Cecilia to their Christmas gathering but Devin decides to do so anyway, and this makes for an entertaining story.
Both characters were so right for each other but after six months apart,
Brenda
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read It Takes a Spy last year and since it's the continuation of Lady Cecilia and Devin's story I feel like it was written and read in the wrong order.
This short beginning read is delightful though and since I have read it already I will endeavor to re-read It Takes a Spy.
I still have both the ARC and the published book on my kindle but will need to download either one again in order to re-read and enjoy that book again.
The original published date of It Takes a Spy was in 201
Lavinia
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet introduction to Sheridan Jeane's Secrets and Seduction series

I thoroughly enjoyed this novella. I've read Ms. Jeane's other books in the series, and this one is a great read as well. Ms. Jeane dropped me directly into a Victorian country Christmas celebration, and I loved every minute of it. Can Cecilia forgive Devin for the fact that he took her for granted? Should she?

Devin's mother is working against the match at every turn, and at times I wondered if she'd man
LadyTechie
is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2019
Pamela Verardi Knutson
Oct 19, 2019

WIN ecopy of It Takes a Spy…
Book #1 of The Secrets and Seduction Series. Winners selected monthly from new subscribers to my newsletter! Click
here
While growing up, Sheridan was an avid reader. She turned her hand to putting her own stories on paper, and when she it was time to choose a college she knew she wanted to be a writer.
Despite naming their daughter Sheridan because they thought it would look great on the cove