Start by marking “Best of Me” as Want to Read:
Best of Me

Best of Me

-An Amazon Top 100 Bestseller-

For as long as I can remember, I've been the dark to my sister's light--the awkward loner to her social butterfly. Growing up, she had it all: our parent's unyielding approval, perfect grades, a permanent spot at the popular table, and the attention of the hottest guy ever--Duke Kincaid.

After eighteen years of living in her shadow, I couldn't
Published September 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Best of Me, please sign up.

Harloe Rae
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHAT AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER!

I’m still feeling the rush of finishing an outstanding novel. This book has the perfect title for many reasons. It’s the BEST of LK Farlow. I’ve read and loved all of her books, but this beauty is my new favorite. The unique voice and writing style of this author continues to ring true, but elevated to a higher level.

This storyline is the BEST I’ve found with this slice of forbidden. The author took risks and pushed boundaries and pulled it off flawlessly. This
TheSassyNerdBlog
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Biggest thing I am thankful for this year is being able to discover new to me authors and L.K is one of them... I went into this book blind, and not sure what to expect, and I was not disappointed in the least. There was just something about the author's style of writing that had me hooked from page one all the way through to the end of the book.

Best of Me was different, I love my forbidden romances, and this was boarder line forbidden. Actually, it was pretty much just forbidden. Falling for y
Anna Doe
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written, make your heart ache second chance romance!

Duke intrigued me from the first moment I met him, and when I found out who will be his pair I was really interested to find out how everything will play out, and LK Farlow didn't disappoint.
Tia Louise
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best of Me is LIVE! Amazon Bestselling author LK Farlow is back with the third and final standalone in her Bay Ridge Series. Grab this sweetly forbidden romance today!

How can I be enough for her when I’ve already given her sister the best of me…

Read for FREE in KU or grab it at the special release price:

MY REVIEW:
Such a heart-wrenching, emotional story... This book has ALL the feels... Duke (love that name--shivers) is a sexy cop who lost
Heather M. Orgeron
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing

MY REVIEW:
Farlow delivers a poignant romance that both devastated and restored me.

Duke and Mallory have suffered a terrible loss. One t
Vanessa (nessreads)
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 “Cricket” Stars

I’m all in my feelings! Emotions overload. I’ve wanted and not so patiently waited for Duke’s book. I desperately needed to know more of his story and I was not disappointed.

My heart bled for Duke and the grief he was going through. The life he knew and the future he wanted died the same night he lost the love of his life. He’s just a shell of the man he once was. Going through the motions and barely living. But unexpectedly it all changes when the last person he ever expected b
Mali Mor
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
ezgif-com-video-to-gif
The moment Duke Kincaid saw Valorie Parsons in high school, he knew she would be his wife. 11 years later, he is a police-officer, she is a lawyer, and Duke plans to propose. 🎉
Only fate had other plans... Valorie died in a car accident, leaving Duke broken. 💔😭

📚 “Everyone grieves differently and heals at different speeds. No right or wrong way, and definitely no rulebook. You have to honor what feels right for you and your process. And if anyone judges you for it, then forget them. You don't need
Leigh Lennon
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you want an emotional pull that will bring tears to your eyes, then this is the book for you. Mallory and Duke's story is not traditional and some may call it forbidden but you can't always reason with you heart. It does whatever it wants.

Duke loses the love of his life and is a shell of the person he once was. Living day by day but not really living, he comes face to face with a woman he thought he hated. Funny thing about hate and most other emotions, they normally fester from unknown fact
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: September 5th, 2019
Genre: Contemporary (forbidden) Romance
Actual Rating: 4.25 stars

Best of Me by L.K. Farlow is a contemporary romance with forbidden undertones. I loved it! I haven't had the pleasure of reading the authors work before but have heard many readers rave about her books and decided to give it a try. Well, I feel like I have been missing out! She certainly has a way with words and I was compulsively flipping the pages of Best of Me because I needed to see how Duk
Melanie (mells_view)
A little sad and a little taboo.

The hero lost his long time love. The heroine just so happens to be that loves, distant twin sister. The hero sort of hates her, because he doesn’t know why she’s so distant and removed from her family. Then again he also has these weird feelings for her as well. The heroine moves back close to her hometown for a job that’s basically a dream. The last thing she expects is to fall in to the same circle of friends as her dead twin’s high school sweetheart. She also
Rhonda Ziglar
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 PHENOMENAL STARS!! I devoured this book!! Duke and Mallory's story is forbidden and heartbreaking, but what a beautiful journey you will travel. These two are both broken with some obstacles and all the feels in the world. I had happy tears, sad tears and my heart was completely broken, but put back together again. This author has moved to the top of my list, as always to 1-Click.
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
I feel like this book is yet another shining example of what I love about this author's writing.

She really is an exceptional story teller.
She took a story line that might not seem like it would work and made it into a beautiful romance. I truly felt the love between these characters. And even if Duke had a previous love, and despite who his first love was to his second love, by the end I truly believed in what Duke and Mallory had.

Their story certainly had it's share of bumps and bruises. And
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best of Me is a second chance at love story which breaks through quite a few barriers. It is a unique and thought provoking tale but also a beautiful love story. L.K. Farlow tackles the subject matter in this story with flawless grace, and the characters’ emotional states offer the readers a glimpse into how two people can connect through shared grief and more importantly, beyond their grief.

On paper, Duke and Mallory shouldn’t work. But their connection is undeniable and they can’t help the att
Nova  Brantley
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Yucky indeed. Why???? I don’t want to be with my sister love like really? Fiction but come on who wants sloppy seconds.
Tara Lee
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Duke oh Duke.
This is my fave story from this series LK Farlow has a way to wrap you in her words as if your in the story along with the characters. Every page had me captivated from start to finish. Duke and Mallory are like a fairytale couple with one epic romance.

Duke is charming as hell and boy does his words make you swoon. I fell in love with Duke the moment he came to life in the pages, his charm, swagger and realness just captivated you made you smile and had you with hearts in your eye
Holly Hall
LK Farlow delivers a solid read, once again, with Best of Me. I was originally intrigued with the slightly “forbidden” nature of Duke’s and Mallory’s relationship and how each of them would face the aftermath of losing Valorie.

Farlow tackled the subject matter with grace, and the characters’ emotional states offer the readers a glimpse into how two people can connect through shared grief and, more importantly, BEYOND their grief. This quote in particular stood out for me: “Everyone grieves diff
Jenn the Readaholic
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chance at love with someone new? Check. Painful past for one or both main characters? Check. Angst that makes me want to cry while not being able to put the iPad down? Check. A beautiful HEA and epilogue to make me whole again? Check.

Duke and Mallory had such a rough start. While Duke knew Mallory from his past, he never really KNEW Mallory. He only knew what people wanted him to see, which leads to some serious “he needs a high-five to the face with a brick” moments. Then Duke finally s
KC Caron
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wore my fingers out messaging all my friends that they have to READ THIS STORY!

Best of Me is an emotional rollercoaster of desire and discovery, steeped in a crushing small town bubble of love and loss. Mallory and Duke will stay with you long after you finish. It’s so damn good.

Best of Me is a page turner, with the right kind of angst, starring deeply wounded lovers that upends the usual second chance small town hero tropes. It’s all because LK Farlow has a knack for writing ordinary people
Robyn Corcoran
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog
Best of Me is a second chance at love story which breaks through quite a few barriers. It is a thought provoking tale but also such a beautiful romance, my first experience reading this author’s work but definitely not the last.

Mallory Parsons moves to Bay Ridge, a town close to where she grew up, to accept a new teaching position at the elementary school. A little too close to her parents for her liking but she’s a professional. Duke Kincaid has also relocated
Ally.Always.Reads
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
So I’m just coming out of a slump and I was READY for this!

But not really.

I was prepared for ALL THE EMOTIONS. I WANTED TO CRY LIKE A FREAKING BABY!
But I didn’t.
And I’m really sad about it.
Is that weird? I’m sad that a book didn’t make me cry?

Anywho.
I felt the emotions. I was in the story with them but it just didn’t... destroy me like I wanted.
I had such high expectations for this so I think that’s why I’m kind of... disappointed.

But it was good book. It kept me interested.
I honestly don’t
Kate R
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Best of Me is a forbidden contemporary romance. While this is a standalone, characters from two previous books Best Laid Plans and Best of Intentions do appear in this one. I loved these characters from the previous books so it was great to see them again in this one. This is more emotional and heartbreaking than I had anticipated. The prologue immediately ripped me apart, and continued from there. Mallory has had a rough childhood. She’s lived in her twin sister, Valorie’s shadow since she was ...more
Keri Loves Books
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She Was His Redemption

This was an emotional story of healing and getting a second chance at finding happiness and love. When Duke lost the love of his life, he thought she took the best of him with her. However, he is about to discover that his best is yet to come.

Mallory has lived in her sister's shadow her entire life. The first chance she had, she left her family behind to start her own life. Now she's back, just one town over from where she grew, starting a new job. Leaving her sister had be
L.K. Farlow
Sep 04, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)

Jessica Cox
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is really good at making you fall so completely in love with these characters you feel like you are apart of their family. I just felt so comfortable reading this book maybe its the southern in me and these characters are southern, I'm not sure but I loved it. This read did break me a little, in school pickup,(I was looking like a fool), before it heals you.
Mallory went into this facing an uphill battle, People didn't realize her past, and held it against her that she left to better
KFForever
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Anna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This author delivers a powerful and emotional second chance romance. When a book starts with someone dying then you know you’re in for a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

Duke is a police officer who planned to propose to the love of his life Valorie but when she dies in tragic circumstances, his heart was put on hold. He gets on with his job as a cop and coasts along in life until his dead girlfriend’s twin sister comes into town. He hat
Fiona Cole
Sep 06, 2019 marked it as to-read

Fabiola Francisco
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Emotional and beautiful, Best of Me is a story that will wrap you up between its pages and soothe your soul as you read about pain, loss, and second chances. LK Farlow perfectly weaved the emotions in the characters with humor to create a balanced story that will tug at your heartstrings and make you smile throughout.

I loved the way the Mallory and Duke fought their attraction at first, creating that slow burn goodness I love in romance novels. Not to mention, the chemistry made sparks fly. A m
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Best of Me is the kind of story that will take readers on an emotionally captivating rollercoaster ride full of unexpected twists and turns. LK Farlow has been one of my favorite authors ever since she released her debut back in 2017 and she never seizes to surprise me with each new release. This story is hands down on of my top reads of 2019 and I absolutely adored every single thing about this story from the slightly forbidden storyline to the un
Mandie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was beautiful! It took me on a wild, emotional roller coaster ride! It’s my favorite LK Farlow book to date!!
Lynn
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Duke and Mallory- wow- what a story. Best of Me is a book that broke my heart for Mallory's past and made me fall in love with her because of her strength.

Duke- I loved watching him grow in this book. How he opened up and took a chance on love.

The supportive characters in this book are amazing. I loved the history from LK Farlow's other books but still can be a standalone. I love how this book made me feel.

Just another incredible book by LK Farlow!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »