Start by marking “Christmas at Silver Falls” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Silver Falls

Christmas at Silver Falls

Curl up with this completely enchanting winter romance! A stunning festive read about the joy of Christmas with family, second chances, and finding love under the falling snow. Get cozy and keep some tissues on hand. You’re in for a truly magical story…

White Oaks Inn has always been at the heart of Christmas celebrations for Scarlett Bailey and her family. Her adored
Published October 15th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Silver Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Silver Falls

Start your review of Christmas at Silver Falls
Carrie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
While I’m not a fan of colder weather and inwardly cringe when the temps do begin to drop in the fall there are things I love about the season and one of those are the feel good holiday romances. Christmas at Silver Falls by Jenny Hale is one of these such contemporary holiday romances that is perfect for the holiday season.

Scarlett Bailey is spending this Christmas at White Oaks Inn with her family the way they have done for years. Unfortunately for Scarlett’s family though they may need to say
Natalia  Ramlal
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scarlett Bailey and her entire family have been celebrating Christmas at her grandmother's Inn for as long as she can remember. Christmastime in the picturesque town of Silver Falls is magical and full of memories for Scarlett. She can't imagine spending it anywhere else. When she learns that the Inn is having serious financial problems, she takes it upon herself to find a solution. Charles Bryant, a successful property developer is staying in Silver Falls, and she's hopeful that he will help ...more
Tracy Marie
Scarlett and her family have been celebrating their family Christmas at her Grandparents Inn for as long as she can remember. This year though may be the very last one, as financially White Oaks Inn is having problems and since Scarlett's Grandfather passed away it I also more work that her Grandmother can handle by herself.

The family has had a meeting and decided that their only choice is to sell White Oaks Inn, but they have not told Scarlett's Grandmother yet, and don't intend to until after
Shalini
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas in October is a fun read especially when the cover is so pretty and the story engrossing.

Saving White Oaks Inn was the crux of this book as it was the place where the entire Bailey clan met during Christmas. But that year would probably be the last as the newer hotels were taking in more profits. Scarlett knew she had to do something to save the inn.

Charlie was the answer to her prayers, a property developer with money to help. She just had to convince him that the inn needed to be run
bookmarkbelles
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book and devoured it in one sitting which is crazy since I haven’t been able to finish a book in months. I’m obsessed with Jenny Hale’s book because they read like a hallmark movie and my obsession started when I read Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses. I remember thinking then that it should be turned into a hallmark movie and I got my wish. Can’t wait for it to release!
Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Scarlett Bailey is joining her family for what could end up being the very last time they celebrate the holiday together at her grandmother’s hotel. The establishment is bleeding money and the family plans on letting Scarlett’s grandmother know the hotel must be sold.

This truly breaks Scarlett’s heart. She has the most delightful memories. She does not have the heart to tell her grandmother. Instead, she is determined to do whatever she can to save the hotel. Christmas
Shelleen Toland
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
The bailey family has had the Inn for many years. Scarlett's grandmother and grandfather ran it for many years. Then her Grandfather had passed away and her Grandmother has been running it. But she is losing money as resorts are going up and they can't afford to update the Inn to where it should be to draw in the people. Scarlett's family has gotten together again for Christmas and they know they have to tell her grandmother that it is time to sell the Inn. When she learns Charlie Bryant is in ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having recently seen Jenny Hale's first Hallmark movie, all I can say is I hope they have all her past, present and future Christmas books signed up for movies, as yet again she has written a fabulous story, that would make a really enjoyable film too.

I loved every second of this book, from seeing if Scarlett would actually be able to enjoy Christmas this year, to discovering just what handsome stranger Charlie is hiding, and whether or not the White Oaks Inn really does have to be sold or
Meagan  (Meagansbookclub)
Predictable but sweet. It had great character development throughout the book. Maybe too many characters? But they were all likable.

Thank you Netgalley for this free copy!
Karen
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CHRISTMAS AT SILVER FALLS
BY JENNY HALE

I loved the cover of this warm and cozy Christmas novel by Jenny Hale. Jenny never disappoints with her lovely descriptive setting or the lovable complex characters. In this one it delivers all of the nice fuzzy feelings of a simpler time in life that we all can relate to. I really enjoyed this story about trying to keep the hotel in the family. There is romance and love when you least expect it. This one I enjoyed with a cup of hot chocolate sitting before
Nessa
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was the cover that first appealed to me most about this book as it is such an alluring and beautiful cover, so festive looking too. But then as a huge fan of Jenny books it was a given that I'd have read this anyway regardless of the cover.

This was a truly wonderful heartfelt read from start to finish. It was so much more than a romance story, had lots going on and I was pretty much glued to the pages throughout and couldn't turn the pages quick enough.

I loved getting to know the two main
Shala
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When you read a Jenny Hale Christmas novel, you feel like you are watching a Christmas movie! Christmas at Silver Falls is no exception to this.
Scarlett is a fixer, and she is bound and determined to find a way to keep the inn that her Gran has run for many years. When she finds out resort owner Charles is in town, and has a personal connection with it, she thinks she has it all figured out. Sadly, it's much more complicated than that.
This book had charm, a surly character who needed some
Steffi
"Christmas at Silver Falls" is the newest Christmas book by Jenny Hale. As I enjoyed her books in the past, the new books are a must read for me every year.

This book had a wonderful setting in the mountains of Tennessee and a lovely cosy Inn. The scenery was all wintery and Christmassy which I enjoyed a lot.

The story is about family and friends and the community is very tight-knit. I really like the general story. Still I had some problems with the main characters as they remained very distant
Irene
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Christmas at Silver Falls by Jenny Hale is a sweet and heartwarming read and I really enjoyed it.

The writing is beautifully done, the storyline entertaining from start to end and I loved watching Charlie and Scarlett's relationship unfold.

Overall, Christmas at Silver Falls is a sweet and heartwarming romance and the perfect read for the upcoming holiday season.

*Thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the ARC.*
Gaele
Scarlett has always had a huge family (and community) Christmas celebration – full of fun, festivities and history at the White Oaks Inn, established by her grandparents and where the family meets every year. Despite the family’s love for the inn, it’s a huge financial burden with her grandmother’s refusal (and inability) to upgrade to a more modern facility able to compete with the all-inclusive resort at the other end of town. The family is gathering for the last holiday, planning to break the ...more
Bridget
Although I haven't yet read any of Jenny Hale's other novels, the attractive cover design of this one caught my eye and I thought the premise of the book sounded wonderful. Christmas at Silver Falls was a lovely story and I especially liked the main character, Scarlett Bailey, to whom I could really relate. She was caring, determined and rather sweet and I loved the charming setting, the White Oaks Inn, a rambling, old-fashioned hotel in the picturesque town of Silver Falls, within the mountains ...more
Els
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We all work to make money and there is nothing wrong with that. The problems start when you are becoming ruthless and your eye is only on making as much money as you can, no matter who you hurt.

It’s even worse when you finally realise who you have become and what you have done you also see that you can’t turn back the clock and undo some of your actions.

But it’s never too late to make a u-turn and when you meet people who make you see that there are things that are far more important than
Deanna Walker
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy...

Wow! What a wonderful way to end of the book...it’s amazing and magical Christmas ever!

Looking forward to read more book from this author soon...
Lyndsay
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
really enjoyed this
Nicole
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmassy
Well....what can I say? It's a Jenny Hale book...and actually everything is said ...more
Annette
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2019
What a wonderful sounding place to spend Christmas! I adored the story and characters!
Definitely add to your holiday reading list! Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the early copy
Emma Star Crossed Reviews
This review was originally posted on Star Crossed Reviews I received this book for free from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Thank you to Bookouture for letting me take part in this tour and my copy of this book via netgalley. I love a Christmas book and Jenny Hale has written some of the best of them.

Scarlett Bailey is looking forward to Christmas in Silver Falls with her family. Her Grandma owns White Oak Inn
loopyloulaura
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scarlett Bailey arrives in Silver Falls with her dad Blue, ready to spend the festive season with her family at her grandmother’s inn White Oaks. The family have decided to close Gran’s inn as she is struggling financially and practically since the death of her beloved husband: the only problem is they haven’t told Gran yet…
Scarlett sees an opportunity to save the inn with a takeover from Charles Bryant but he is difficult to get on with and very secretive. Is she only interested in him because
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Jenny Hale, Bookouture, and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Christmas at Silver Falls is a heartwarming feel-good Christmas romance by Jenny Hale. Even before you open this book you can’t but help fall in love with the cover. It looks like a beautiful picturesque Christmas card with the title planted in the middle of the scenery. The graphic artist did an amazing job and needs to be commended.

Jenny Hale is a very talented and
Anna
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This Christmas story was amazing! It depicted how the holidays should be - surrounded by family and good friends. Jenny Hale painted such beautiful and vivid imagery that you could smell the baking from Gran's kitchen and see the twinkling lights from the Christmas trees in your mind's eye.

Scarlett Bailey and her entire family have been gathering at the White Oaks Inn as far back as she can remember. The
Mechthild
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will it be the last Christmas at White Oaks?
In Jenny Hale's book "Christmas at Silver Falls", published by Bookouture, Scarlett Bailey is with her father on her way to spent Christmas at White Oaks Inn in Silver Falls. She is not in a good mood since it seems that it will be the last one at the beloved place that belongs to her Fran because of financial problems. Her family agreed to let Whit Oaks In go, but Scarlett is searching for a solution to save it. Her first encounter with Charlie
Silvia Kay
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was thoroughly enjoyable. As the cover suggests, the entire story takes places around Christmas, and the atmosphere is truly magical. I loved the family inn setting and feared for the fate of the inn, hoping against hope that it will somehow be preserved. If there was such an inn, I would totally stay there as a guest. Another integral part of the overall Christmas atmosphere is the SNOW, as the story takes place in the mountains.

As for the characters, they all felt real and colorful.
Madm007
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this journey so! It has many facets: nostalgia, incredible history, angst, redemption, family, an abundance of love and best of all a Christmas that was, is, and always will be traditional to White Oaks Inn in the Great Smoky Mountains next to the beautiful Silver Falls.
So very much included in this journey, it's hard to express everything I felt when I was reading. I went thru the emotions right along with the characters. There were a lot of them too, characters and emotions, I mean
Louise
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the look of this Jenny Hale book from the moment I saw the cover. The snow-covered hotel with the traditional Christmas decorations at the forefront really made me want to find out what Christmas at Silver Falls was all about.

Scarlett and all her family gather each Christmas at the White Oaks Inn, which is owned by Scarlett’s gran. However this year there is a little cloud hanging over the Bailey family. Running the hotel has become too expensive and they feel that it has become too much
Meghan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s November 2nd and I have read two Christmas books in two days and I am getting into the holiday spirit! Jenny Hale has a way of bringing you right into her stories so you feel like you are part of them and Christmas at Silver Falls is no different!
Meet Scarlett who is trying to find a way to save her Grandma’s inn so they don’t have to tell her it is time to sell it after enjoying what maybe the last Christmas her family celebrates there.
Meet Charlie, the resort builder who Scarlett is

• The Gift of Happiness
  • The Christmas Countdown
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Single All the Way
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • A Christmas Wish and a Cranberry Kiss at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #3)
  • Coming Home (Chandler Hill Inn #2)
  • Murder Through the Looking-Glass: Supernatural Beyond Time Romantic Mystery
  • All About Evie
When I graduated college, one of my friends said, “Look out for this one; she’s going to be an author one day.” Despite being an avid reader and a natural storyteller, it wasn’t until that very moment that the idea of writing novels occurred to me.

Sometimes our friends can see the things that we can’t.

While I didn’t start straight away, that comment sowed a seed and several years, two children,