Start by marking “Forever Lies” as Want to Read:
Forever Lies

Forever Lies

(The Five Families #1)

Luca was heartache waiting to happen.

On the surface, he appears well-dressed and professional, but behind those impassive black irises, I can sense something dark and ruthless. He’s unlike any man I’ve come across in my life. With my wealthy upbringing, I’ve been around any number of affluent, powerful men, but Luca is different. Enigmatic. Overwhelming. He wears an air o
Paperback
Published October 3rd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Forever Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Lies

Eve (Between The Bookends)
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
description It is no secret I've been in a HUGE book slump recently. Nothing in the romance genre has been blowing me away. So it goes without saying I was nervous to start this one. Jill Ramsower is a new "to me" author, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I love a good mafia book, so I strapped myself in to enjoy the ride...

description
And you know what? I enjoyed this book a lot. The hero was decent. He
Anastasia シ
Full Review on my blog!

This was so freaking good, I literally read it in one sitting. I was hooked from page one.
I’ve never really read mafia romances, but I had high hopes for this one since I loved Jill’s Fae Games series. I was not disappointed.

Alessia works for her father’s company, and while she might be the bosses daughter, she doesn’t use that to her advantage. She’s looking to make her life her own, with success in her career, and hopefully making her family proud
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Forever Lies by Jill Ramsower is the First book in The Five Families Series. This is the story of Luca Romano and Alessia Genovese.
Alessia is fresh out of college and is out to prove to her family that she deserves a top position at their company. So she is set to work her way up through the ranks just like everyone else. Alessia has even been dealing with a boss that hits on her but she is determine to this. Alessia ends up meeting Luca and their is a immediate attraction and they start going
Energy
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alessia works for her father's company, and while she might be the boss's daughter, she doesn't use that to her advantage as she's starting off at the bottom. True she has a sleazy boss that shouldn't be around females, ever, but she's got him handled, at least, she thinks she does. Enter Luca, there's an instant attraction to him. There's something about him that makes her want to get to know him. But when she finds out he's in the mafia, she goes running, trying to forget the feelings that hav ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4 stars!! I do love a good mafia story but even more a great alpha man!!

This is book one of the “Five Families”. I believe this can be read as a stand alone but the end leaves some things in the air. And now I am freaking out because I need book number two ASAP!!

Ok so I have read my fair share of mafia books and I feel like everyone has a different twist. This one is all about the secrets. There are a few twists that I did enjoy quite a bit. I will say that I felt the boo
Fayza Khan
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a mafia romance lover, I was excited for the chance to ARC review Jill Ramsower’s new mafia series. Forever Lies is the first book within the Five Families saga and we’re introduced to the young, business savvy Alessia and the enigmatic Luca Romano. While this book was entertaining, I found it a little lacklustre at the beginning. Jill presents Luca as a strong well-balanced character who is completely aware of what he wants and when he wants it; Alessia however, is extremely naïve at times a ...more
Dani
Shelves: mafia-men
I entered the chance to win an ARC of this book on a whim. I will be honest and say that I did not have high expectations considering how hard it is to find good mafia books. That being said, I was not prepared for this... I was hooked from the first page! I could not put this book down and finished it in day.

Alessia Genovese first appears as the typical young businesswoman just trying to work her way up the corporate ladder, and a chance meeting in the elevator brings her into the path of Luca
Patricia carlisle
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never did Alissa know when she met Luca..how much her life would change. She couldn't resist this tall gorgeous , confident man with dark eyes and impeccable dress. His demeanor illuminated sex, danger, and excitement. When he first saw Alissa , he saw a confident sexy naive, woman who he wanted to make her his. Was it a chance meeting him in the elevator? or did he have an ulterior motive. Was she in danger? but from whom? Was he the person he said he was? or someone else? Why did he say he wou ...more
Elizabeth Clinton
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge fan of Mafia Books but now I’m definitely a fan of Jill Ramsower. Forever Lies will pull you into Luca & Alessia’s story right from the very first page.
Alessia Genovese is a young woman looking to make her life her own, a successful career, making her family proud of her and doing what makes her happy. When a chance encounter has her meeting Luca Romano she didn’t realize it would change the whole course of her life.
Luca Romano is a man who knows what he wants and doesn’t let an
Melissa Crump
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terrific story and I’m craving more from this Author! This is the first book I’ve read by this Author and it won’t be the last. Her writing is crisp, sharp and paints vivid details throughout the story. Intricately woven. Who doesn’t love a sexy possessive alpha who is so attracted to the h that the chemistry is explosive? Loved it!!!!
S.E. Rose
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It’s not often that I can honestly say that I literally couldn’t put a book down. This is one of those rare incidences. For the past 48 hours, I’ve been reading this book on my lunch break, in bed at night, at doctors’ appointments, and while waiting line at Starbucks. I even wrapped up my own writing early one night, so I could dive back in!

This story sucks you in from the beginning and leaves you wanting more. Jill- you nailed it!
Kelly
Shelves: loved-it
This is the first book I have read by Jill Ramsower and it won't be the last.
Luca and Alessia's story is not your typical mafia tale. The story twists and turns until almost the end and kept me, the reader, captivated and eager for more.
Great story and I loved the acknowledgement at the end. It gives you insight into Jill as an author and a person.
Jeeves
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy and mysterious, the hero in this book runs the show. From the moment Alessia lays eyes on Luca, he commands all of her attention - and that’s exactly the way he wants it. The author lets his motives unravel slowly throughout the book, leaving the reader in a state of unease about what he wants from her. The writing is solid and the story moves quickly, though I could never truly come to love either character.

The story follows Alessia, a young woman working her way up the family
Megan
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"With him, I wasn't just enough-- I was everything. He accepted me just as I was, and I owed him nothing less."

WOW! Just WOW...this was my first read from Jill Ramsower but it most definitely won't be my last. From beginning to end I was hooked on this unique spin on Mafia Romance. I don't want to give too much away but Forever Lies was just different in all the best possible ways.

Alessia and Luca's story is full of secrets & lies, all the mafia goodness and some seriously 🔥🔥🔥 chemistry..
Tracy
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about being blindsided in every possible way. Alessia's world was turned upside down in a blink of an eye. Trust is something not to be taken lightly. And there were so many lessons that had to be learned in this story. The character development and story line were very intriguing. This was my first book from this Author. And I greatly enjoyed it!
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author I've read. I really loved the story with conflict, lies and deception adding to the angst of the story.
reading this story was an welcomes break from reality. I loved watching the relationship build and grow between Luca and Alessia. This was a story that pulled at you. The secrets kept and the revelations that came to light were unexpected. Luca was the definition of alpha male and Alessia though sometimes came across as naive, was really a strong well put
Jodi Hucko-Bigane
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy and this is my first book by Jill. I have read mafia books before and I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued the whole time and it was hard to put down.

Alessia is a businesswoman who graduated from college working at her father's company. He made her work her way up in the department and didn't give her any breaks. So in this case she has a strong head on her shoulders. She is however dealing with a boss that makes sexual comments towards her
Kelly Quartieri
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jill Ramsower was a brand new author to me. Forever Lies was such a good read! Luca and Alessia are such strong characters that you want them to find love in each other. I was on the edge of seat many times while reading this book. I will absolutely recommend any of Book Besties to read Forever Lies! Thank you Jill for giving me the privilege of reading this ARC.
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
I really loved this book.
I liked the characters and the story line. I haven't read many Mafia based books but I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Luca and Alessia's story pulled me in from the very first page. I literally couldnt put it down.
Its a bit dark but has just enough romance to balance it all out.
Nicole Sargent Kunkel
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book starts out great. It has great characters and a great arc build. Then comes a great twist around the middle. Alessia is the heroine. She has a chance encounter with Luca. She is really excited because he is gorgeous, and she noticed him the day before. From there they go on a few dates to learn they have explosive chemistry. “The twist” causes some problems and opens Alessia’s eyes to the real world. The story has a nice ending, and I can’t wait to read more when more of the series come ...more
Kaitlyn
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, first, I literally did a happy dance when I found out Jill had another series coming out.

Did I think this series would be better than the Fae Games? Honestly, no because I LOVE supernatural books. Was I wrong? Yes, yes, 100% YES. Forever Lies honestly threw me for a loop. I had no idea I would be sucked in so quickly, but Jill scooped me up from my boring life in Texas and dropped me straight into the heart of New York Cit
JoJo
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"My name on his tongue was the sweetest nectar I could have imagined— delicious, tempting, and dangerously addictive."

I am new to Jill Ramsower. In fact, I first heard of her through a group. I entered her contest for a chance to win an ARC of "Forever Lies." I only like a couple authors that writes mafia books because it often feels like it is lacking, so I was really skeptical at first. I started reading it with an open mind and I definitely did not regret it.

""He was animal magne
Jeeves
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Commanding, sexy, and mysterious hero

The story follows Alessia, a
Athena
⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 STARS

Sensational story that will tempt and tease! Jill Ramsower is a new-to-me author and she has done an incredible job of entertaining me with Alessia and Luca's story. I love how they meet...there's just something so intimate about elevators. If you love hot alpha males, you're going to love Luca!

Forever Lies is the first book in The Five Families Series by Jill Ramsower and is a MUST read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
Leah Raye
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much more than I anticipated. I loved it so much. It is based in NYC and there are some twists and turns with a betrayal you don't see coming. Once I started reading it couldn't put it down, I needed to know what happened next. Great story with no cliffhanger. Can't wait to see what this author has coming next in this series Love me some Jill Ramsower.
Sonya
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a Mafia Romance so addictive I couldn't put the book down; I had to finish it in one sitting!

Alessia, a main character, is from an affluent family. I immediately loved her hard working and humble character. Her only goal is obtaining Father's approval by working in the family business - starting at the bottom and working her way up.

Luca, the other main character, is the bad boy. He grew up running the streets. Luca knows what he wants and he's going to take it. He
Maria Angie Mendoza
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by this author and it certainly won’t be my last.
Luca and Alesia’s story is a seductive and exciting read that was just fun to read.
Family secrets, family loyalty and mafia connections are part of the intricate web making this story so entertaining.
From their first meeting to how their journey developed I couldn’t put this book down and discover just what the frack was going on.
The build up, the seduction, the intensity and undeniably scorching hot c
Stephanie Messier
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Jill, that being said it definitely won’t be my last! I absolutely love mafia romance book, especially ones that the two main characters find each other by chance.. or so one of them might think.

Alessia graduated from college with the intensions of proving to her father that she deserved a top position in his company, having to work just as hard as the next guy. She even had to deal with unwanted advances form her slim ball boss, Alessia kept her head held high and tri
Yulanda Bolton
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a very fortune reader that this author Jill Ramsower acknowledge me into reading her mafia series in which I have enjoy reading. Reading this story of Luca and Alessia can't imagine not feeling a sense of loyalty and close knit family. Can't wait for more of series and what Jill has in store for us.
Ri
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it

What a pleasant surprise. I live for Mafia books. There is just something about them that draws me in. Even with the criminal underbelly that they often represent there is something about that shows the other side of loyalty and family as well. This author managed to do that well. I was surprised that this was her first foray into this sub-genre of romance. I never would have guessed from this book.

The characters were done very well and the attention to details w
« previous 1 3 next »
THANK YOU! 1 2 Sep 27, 2019 12:55PM
Within a year of self-publishing her first book, Jill Ramsower quit her job as an attorney and dedicated her days to churning out romantic adventures. She likes to think of her books as contemporary romance with a touch of fantasy—at its core, her writing is about the connection between two people. Sometimes that connection involves a little magic…

With Jill’s books, you can count on confident her