Start by marking “I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.” as Want to Read:
I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.

I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.

Take back your Power, your Glorious and Rise!

“I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.” takes the reader on an emotive journey of empowerment through life’s countless triumphs and tribulations.

Above all else, it inspires one to tap into their infinite potential so they can overcome any obstacle that appears on their unique path. Through heartfelt storytelling, alli
Published September 3rd 2019 by Sunurchin, LLC

To ask other readers questions about I'm Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Rising

Start your review of I'm Rising: Determined. Confident. Powerful.
Rick Hardesty
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a powerful soul healing book. The book is divided into three chapters. The first one dealing with the pain and the destructive power of hurtful events in our lives. The second chapter deals with changing as a person in spite of our sufferings. The final chapter she pens the joy of victory in the aftermath of these trials. The first chapter was my favorite. Michelle Stradford uses vivid and graphic language to bring the reader to see a clear word pictures to describe the depth of despair ...more
NoBeatenPath
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, ebooks
This is a book of poetry that packs a punch. A mix of short and longer works, reading it I could easily imagine the author standing on the stage performing these poems, declaiming her words to a cheering audience.

Insightful, uplifting and sometimes sad, many of these works touched me. I particularly liked two short poems 'Second Chances' and 'You-volution'. Even if poetry is not usually your 'thing', I strongly recommend finding a copy of this work and spending some time with the wor
Elisa Speranza
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful and life-affirming

Michelle Stradford has done it again. “I’m Rising” is fierce and fresh, with inspiration for everyone. Friendship, love, pain, heartache, achievement, resilience, triumph—all part of the rich tapestry of this collection of poems. She is a She-nado!
Marlana
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Won this e book on Goodreads. It was very empowering. If you are struggling with self-doubt or low self-esteem, these words will help you build yourself up and remind you that you are worth it.
Cavak
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stradford's poetry feels autobiographical in its nature. Anyone who has had codependency issues or toxic relationships can relate to the beginning sections (raises own hand). Chances are they have felt or experienced what Stradford describes before. Self-affirmations and self-care peppered into each verse are soothing words to hear. It's always powerful to share ways of accepting and letting go of old pains. I can imagine them being read aloud in a voice seeped with the sugars and salts of life. ...more
Melissa Hamann
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
The words "you-volution" physically made me gag. So did "She-nado" and "Sheroes." Most of the titles of the poems were the same kind of inane eye rollers, but man. They would have been better without titles.
This book is exactly what you get from adding your ex-boyfriend's single mother on Facebook. Both are free, one supports a growing author, so at least there is that.
The drawings and graphics in this book are astonishingly bad and bland, adding to the very "basic" quality you get from these
Brandy
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this

Love this book!
Empowering females with words. I can’t wait to buy this for my daughter and nieces.
I will look to this book on the days I need a little extra help lifting my spirit.
Jeannette
Oct 25, 2019
Gwyn
Aug 27, 2019
Michelle Stradford
Jul 21, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Rina Horenian
added it
Christa Bengtsson
Kara Lauren

• Petals of the Moon: A Poetry Collection
  • Can't We Talk about Something More Pleasant?
  • Milk and Vine: Inspirational Quotes From Classic Vines
  • Molon Labe! -- Come and Take Them!
  • Dear Midnight
  • To a Girl I Haven't Met
  • Are You Scaring Him Away? The Top 4 Reasons Why Men Lose Interest Quickly, Why Men Become Distant, The Real Reasons He's Not Calling (The Truth about his ... of commitment and sudden loss of interest)
  • Sincerely,
  • Between Drops
  • Failure to Launch: How to Handle Your Commitment-phobic Man - Can you change him? Is it all your fault? Will it get better? (The Truth about his weird ... of commitment and sudden loss of interest)
  • Dominion: How the Christian Revolution Remade the World
  • Black Book of Poems II
  • For The Healing
  • Kindness Goes Unpunished (Walt Longmire, #3)
  • Mother Ghost: Nursery Rhymes for Little Monsters
  • Drake's Comprehensive Compendium of Dragonology
  • The Dragonology Handbook: A Practical Course in Dragons
  • All The Things I Never Said
Michelle G. Stradford is an award-winning bestselling Author, Architect, Artist and Photographer who creates written, visual, and inhabitable art. In addition to poetry, she has written short stories and fiction since adolescence. Her writing style is contemporary free verse, as her goal is to create poetry and prose that is relatable, connects with and is inspiring to her readers. In particular, ...more