Start by marking “A Guardian's Desire” as Want to Read:
A Guardian's Desire

A Guardian's Desire

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  149 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
"A warrior by trade and by nature, Freya Daniels is the best at what she does."
When bounty hunter Freya Daniels attends a pageant for werewolf debutantes and suitors, she's far too busy enjoying the perks of wealth and ceremony to realize she's being watched. When she meets the submissive wolf Rayne, she cannot believe her luck. The androgynous male is just perfect for h
Published September 1st 2008 by Loose Id, LLC (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Guardian's Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Guardian's Desire

Tina
Closer to 3.5 stars.

This book had an interesting take on a paranormal world. Well, at least the small slice of the world we are given entree to in this book.

This is an mmf romance featuring a Super Alpha male, an alpha female and a clever beta male. The main character is a female shifter who is of a warrior/protector caste (as far as I can discern from the world-build). Freya is smart, tough and sexually dominant.

As the story opens she is acting as the bodyguard of a group of girls who are atten
Monica
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is my first experience with an alpha female as the herione of the book and I loved it! Freya, our shero, is working an easy gig; gaurd some girls as they find a mate during a weekend pagent. The warrior in Freya is bored without highstakes action or a pretty boy toy that she can dominant. Enter Rayne, a beautiful witch shifter who throws himself in Freya's path; they become entranced with each other. The problem? Rayne's big dominant alpha, Fenris, who has plans to make Freya one of the pag ...more
Dahlia DeWinters
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mya made me burn my dinner. Well, I suppose I shouldn’t have trucked the iPad into the kitchen to keep reading while I “cooked” so who’s fault is it really? Mya, for writing a book I couldn’t put down, or me, for trucking it into the kitchen? You decide. Either way, I ended up tossing the rice and making egg noodles with a tasty Parmesan sauce. But I digress.

Mya weaves a tale around a spectacular character, Freya, a bounty hunter who is taking an “easy” job after being nearly killed one of her
Rhonda
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book, which makes me sort of sad because I continually overlooked it when making my purchases at Loose-I'd. So glad I decided to pick it up after all these years. The heroine is not your typical heroine. She's tall, lean, and mean. She's a bodyguard of sorts and one of the only females in that position. And she loves it! So, of course she doesn't want to take a mate. Unfortunately, not one wolf but two set their eyes on her and the games begin. I normally don't like ...more
Camille
Too aggressive, too violent, too angry.

And this applies to everything. The protagonist is indefatigably violently opposed to love and couches her opposition in ugly anger and dysfunction. She drinks like a fish and throws stupid reactionary tantrums. Then there are these horrid fights and antagonistic pushing and pulling between the mates. There is no soft point in his book; just warlike behaviour, temperaments, activities, and speech.

It was all a turn off and I struggled to finish this. Not a
Merenda
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book every three months or so, it's that good. I wish it were a trilogy or something, give me a short epilogue please! LoL.
Cathiee
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wtf
This is one of the kinkiest books I've read but it was good read,you wanted to keep reading.
Eden Royce
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed the portrayal of the heroine, Freya Daniels, in this book. I liked that she has layers, depth, and isn't portrayed as a "male character with breasts" just because she is a warrior woman/were. She has emotions, although she does a great job of concealing them most of the time.
Mya shows us her tough side, by giving us a look at one of her hunts, where Freya leads a team of fierce all male bounty hunters. Then we get a "do-what-you-gotta do" side when she takes on a job of esco
Shadalis
I like toootaaaally LOVED this story. Your Badass Female?✔ Sexy Ass but still strong as hell Twink?✔ Sexy ASS Dominant Alpha Wolf?✔ Horse Dick on both to boot?✔✔ Add in Badass Mom's, a party that never ends and loads of fighting, drinking and fucking and you got an all night, "put me down and get some fucking sleep its 3am" read. Oh my God i want a Fenris and Rayne just exactly like these, only they would be mine. Great job!!!!
The fact that she handles her business with her men by her side, and
Samantha
Good

I actually liked this story. In the beginning I was totally irritated by the heroine and her need to be dominant in everything. But after a while it grows on you because she is a warrior. I love that Fenris and Rayne help to balance out the trio. I think the story would have been even better if we got POVs from Fenris and Rayne. Overall it's a good read.
Jessica
Read on a whim and enjoyed. Has m/m on the side, which isn't my cuppa, but I knew it was part of the book going in. Entertaining read, wish it was longer because I definitely enjoyed the universe. Has some good battle scenes, wish we could have gotten more of the opening scene. Like I said, really wish this was 300-400 page book because the world is one you can get lost in.
Samayra
Jan 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Its was an ok book. Wish i could give it 2,5 stars. First time i read from this reader and this book specifically is hard to rate. I think u either like it or not. I have mixed feelings about it but i let it have 3 stars.
Negar Arvanaghi
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
A different kind of paranormal romance. I liked that the female was stronger than the males. She rescued THEM. The sex was hot.

I received a book from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Mouse
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay. Lots of plot building issues. But the sex was hot. Wish there had been more (any actually written) m/m action.
Cazy
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
I gave this story a four because it was unique in that the heroine was fierce and opposed to all that happy ending bullshit...at first. Plus the sex was good.
MChery
Apr 30, 2017
India Coles
Dec 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Hounded (Shifter Town Enforcement #1)
  • Wolf
  • A Snow Covered Moon (Twisted Eventide, #1)
  • Leoti
  • Her Viking Wolf: 50 Loving States, Colorado (50 Loving States, #3)
  • Wolf Bite (Wolves of Willow Bend, #1)
  • Salvation (Dark Elves #3)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • Belle Starr
  • Stronger Than Me
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Jaded Hearts (The Jaded Hearts Club, #1)
  • Reawakening (Forever Dead, #1)
  • The Burning Bush (Santeria Habitat, #2)
  • Legacy of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #3)
  • Wheels of Steel: Book 1 (Wheels of Steel, #1)
  • Riding Her Tiger (Club Ink #1)
  • Plucking the Pearl (Oyster Harbor, #1)