Start by marking “Dark Justice” as Want to Read:
Dark Justice

Dark Justice

(The Last Ward #1)

Driven to kill. Compelled to protect.

Five hundred years ago, the cure for the common cold went horribly wrong, turning those infected into freaks consumed with hate and rage. Forced underground, the freaks return above ground at night, driven to attack the surface dwellers – their bite infecting thousands more.

To fight the freaks and protect mankind
Published September 10th 2019 by Odyssey Books

To ask other readers questions about Dark Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Justice

Start your review of Dark Justice
Elizabeth
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action, urban-fantasy
This new novel by Shelley Nolan perfectly delivers on its foreboding title. Jackson Kyle’s in trouble. Once a powerful warden, he is now a rage-driven freak with a murderous blood lust. Soon the wardens be forced to act on their pledge, 'No warden shall suffer a freak to live.’

Things get even more interesting when he crosses path with Justice, who has been marked by Gaea as the one to cast judgement on mankind in a few day's time. Justice has been hunted all her life and each of her bodyguard
Maddie
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars - rounded up to 4 stars!

Thank you to Odyssey Books for kindly providing me with an electronic copy of Dark Justice by Shelley Russell Nolan, in exchange for an honest review

"All her life, Justice had been plagued with visions of the future if she failed in her purpose. Nightmares would become a reality in a world where every living being learned the true meaning of terror."

Summary

In the first book of this sci-fi/fantasy series, we find the the world divided into humans, war/>
*Flora*
Shelley Russell Nolan is a new-to-me author and I must admit to being a bit apprehensive accepting this eBook, as science fiction and dystopian themes aren’t my usual genre but I really enjoyed this story.

I liked Ms Nolan’s writing style; the prose was intelligent, beautifully crafted but easy to read. I felt completely transported into every scene.

The futuristic world she has created for this series, although set in the future, was far from fantastical; it felt believable (if not a li(if
Tessa Pulyer
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dark Justice is an original SFF story based on the timeless theme of the power of love. With well-developed characters and an equally well-developed plot, the plight of the human condition is resounding and intense. Almost to the very end, you will wonder which way Justice will go, as the humans in this story are not sympathetic characters at all. The only things that I wish for the story are that the world building had been more developed and that the character of Miranda had been a touch less ...more
Lauryn Jacqueline
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now that I've finally finished this, W O W ! I normally don't read books such as this but it was definitely a good one! I loved it all! It was wonderful written. Not what I expected at all but sometimes you need to step out of your comfort zones :)!
Michelle
Eleni Konstantine
Nov 05, 2019

• She Ran Away From Love
  • Stories to Read by Candlelight
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Blood Rites: An Invitation to Horror
  • Run Away Baby
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Takes One to Know One
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Love Me, Crazy (Love Me #1)
  • My Name Is Rose
  • Seabound: The Beginning (Sanctuary's Aggression Prequel 1)
  • Monsters at Dusk
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Custodian (Elemental Paladins, #5)
  • Ranger (Elemental Paladins, #4)
  • Revolution (Elemental Paladins, #6)

Shelley Russell Nolan is an avid reader who began writing her own stories at sixteen. Her first completed manuscript featured brain eating aliens and a butt kicking teenage heroine. Since then she has spent her time creating fantasy worlds where death is only the beginning and even freaks can fall in love.
The first two books in her debut adult urban fantasy series, Lost Reaper and Winged Reaper,