Start by marking “More Than A Second Chance” as Want to Read:
More Than A Second Chance

More Than A Second Chance

Cassie Chambers, a dedicated youth worker, is determined to rescue the troubled youth in the city of Perth, Australia.

Cassie has made mistakes but hasn't allowed tragedy or divorce to stop her. She devotes every working hour at Youth Connect. But her own needs are neglected.

Chef Chris Evanson offers work experience to young men from Youth Connect. C
Published September 4th 2019 by Lisa Renee

To ask other readers questions about More Than A Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than A Second Chance

Start your review of More Than A Second Chance
Gwendolyn Gage
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marriage has burned Perth-native Cassie Chambers twice, and having reached her mid-life years, Cassie is content to remain single and focus upon her blessings. She shoves her yearning for child deep inside a locked door in her heart and pours her life and energy into a business that enables her to help troubled teens gain the skills they need to find good jobs and establish a decent life for themselves.

Cassie’s best friend, Chris Evanson, shares Cassie’s desire to help the youth alongside his p
Connie Saunders
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everyone deserves a second chance and Cassie Chambers is determined to make this happen but seeing a need and doing something about it takes a lot of work. Cassie does just that when she creates a program to help young people who need that second chance. By opening up a youth center she is able to change their lives through a lot of hard work and smart networking but Cassie's personal life is not as fortunate. Two divorces and a struggle with fertility have scarred her and she doesn't believe sh ...more
Kellyn Roth
I really liked this book! I wasn’t at all sure if I was (for various reasons explained below, but mostly because I’m not a contemporary romance kinda girl), but soon after I started, I realized it was a unique one.

Some of the best parts were Chris (yes, he deserves his own part) and the themes, which ended up surprising me (even though I don’t 100% agree with all the author’s conclusions).

Characters

Cassie, the main character, took a while to grow on me. She ju
Lori
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 5 stars!!
One is I loved loved the setting!! I've always wanted to go to Australia. This book allowed me to do that and I got to meet some awesome characters along the way.
Cassie, Melissa,and Chris.
I think the thing I most enjoyed was just what the book suggested Second chances.
We are all flawed and I liked the way the author has portrayed these characters because there are some in real life that do have problems especially drug problems.
I like that there are
Jane
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Renee shows knowledge about a variety of topics - drug abuse, abusive parents, youth recovery, restaurant work, and divorce and remarriage. These topics are woven into an interesting novel set in Australia. I found the story to be very inspiring and enjoyable. For me the underlying theme of the story is that we can all have redemption from our past if we just make God a part of our present and future. God is a god of second chances. While I was able to guess the ultimate outcome of Cassie a ...more
Isabel
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
eh didn't really live up to the expectations
rtc