Start by marking “Dungeon Eternium (The Divine Dungeon, #5)” as Want to Read:
Dungeon Eternium (The Divine Dungeon, #5)

Dungeon Eternium

(The Divine Dungeon #5)

Audible Audio, Unabridged, 11 pages
Published October 15th 2019 by Tantor Audio (first published May 31st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dungeon Eternium, please sign up.
Og0 It's out now, though different narrator sadly. Tried it but didn't like the change and DNF

Start your review of Dungeon Eternium (The Divine Dungeon, #5)
Ryan K
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is much in the same vein as the previous ones. While still very good and something I read in a couple of hours, I do feel as though the last 2-3 books, including this one, were not as good as the first 2.

The main issue that I felt took away from the book is that it meanders and tries to fit in as many plot hooks as it can in order to set up the transition between The Divine Dungeon and The Completionist Chronicles which is another of the authors series which is currently loosely connec
Dayton
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, Rushed, Somewhat Confusing

A few other reviewers have mentioned that this book feels rushed, like Dakota was ready to move on to other pastures. I agree. These last two books felt both meandering and simultaneously jam packed with history tidbits, which left me unsatisfied. My blind guess: founding Mountaindale Press has taken taken a higher priority, even if wasn’t intentional.

One thing I loved about early entries of this series was experiencing Cal explore the rules of his univ
Kyte
May 26, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dungeon-core
I still have the same complaint i had for the previous 2 books.
Its too short.
And i do not mean this in a positive sense.

Over the 5 past books, the story became more and more complicated and complex, with new characters, sub-plots and mechanics.
And sadly, many if not most of them did not get the time they deserved and needed or did not lead anywhere.

Some people remember Cals search for the legendary materials that work best with Corruption? Yeah that lead nowhere and was
Dmytro
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Rush to the finish line

While this book has the same ingredients as the first installments in the series, its pace is 100x higher to the point that nothing that happens has any meaning any more as massive events and plot developments get introduced again and again at break neck speed.

As readers we have no time to examine and enjoy any of it. If before we had the opportunity to cheer when Cal and Dale advanced and appreciate them growing in strength, now it is meaningless because we have to
Soo
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mini-Review:

4 Stars up to 5 for Entertaining Narration by Luke Daniels
4.5 Stars for Humor
4 Stars for Story Progression & Characters
-1 Star for Audio/Book Errors

I really love the Completionist Chronicles and that's why I gave Dungeon Born another try. I tried to get into this series a few times and it never really kept my attention. The intro was too slow and not enough was happening to keep me going. While waiting on CC, I figured I'd give DD another
Jasurbek Khanjarov
I finished the book within a day, not because it was too interesting but because it was too short and rushed. So many unanswered questions and unnecessary plots. I loved the first 3 books, but the last 2 books became a bit repetitive and boring. I wanted to know more about Master, high elves and I did not understand the role of Ancient Dungeon.
GaiusPrimus
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: litrpg, fantasy, dungeon
Interesting ending for a great series

This book does a good job of tying off most loose ends in a pretty satisfactory manner.

The fact that the ending happens the way it does detracts a bit from the 5 book arc but it seems to follow the formula of previous books in the series.

Nonetheless, I really look forward to what Dakota Krout will put forward now with the Completionist series and what else Mountaindale Press has to offer.
Alec Young
Not a good ending

Way too many open plot holes. And then apparently only intends to do short stories? That's baloney dude. Idk what to think
Areign
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely weaker than 1-3 but the resolution of the main plot points makes more sense than 4. It should probably have been multiple books though.

The surrounding material was still weak, the Hans+Rose thing, the *other* relationship that just happens, it seems after leaving the dungeon focus the author had a big main idea he wanted to execute but everything surrounding it was done sloppily. also the speed tiers make no sense, at the end...the reaction time is suddenly human speed???<
Ellija
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series really went downhill

This book took a huge dive quality wise and it’s clear the plot got away from him. Not holding out much hope for the extended universe.
Linzie
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, humor, litrpg
Tony Hinde
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This novel bridges most of the gap between the Divine Dungeon series and the start of the Completionist Chronicles.

I was so pleased to learn that the S-ranked bad guys actually had reasons for being such human waste. Much more satisfying than thinking they were just chaotically insane.

The weakest point for me was that Dale's old team were mere shadows in the main plot-line. I would have felt better if they had a more direct impact on events, or even just a continued impac
Paularene M Guerrero
JUST READ IT

Just by chance, book 1 of The Devine Dungeon series was recommended to me. I was definitely intrigued then and an more intrigued now. I am glad I decided to just read it. Beginning the series opened my mind to a whole new genre. Being that this was my first litrpg series, it had to catch my attention. And it did, taking my imagination on and awesome journey. Not to give too much away, but... Dale, the human, and Cal, the dungeon, did just that... they took me on a journey, as
Chris
Nov 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Okay, the story is about the same as the other books (and what I would consider generally entertaining). However the 1-star rating is for what I consider a big no-no, namely the narrator for the Audiobook version changed between the first four books and this last book. Although I think Luke Daniels (the narrator of book 5) is a much better narrator in general (and more renowned), the change between the books is unbelievably distracting because the voices for each character are drastically differ ...more
Joshua Escobar
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Divine Ending

This book is like finishing your icecream sunday. It's over now but you want to scrape the bottom and lick the sides it was so good. If you started this series already continue eating your last scoop. If you haven't started yet grab a spoon and dig in, its deliciously entertaining and full of nuts.
Although it didn't have the normal amount of dungeon building, research, and development it wrapped most of the story lines up and set the stage for a second helping in the Completioni
Hans Von
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a Final showdown! This story wraps up the story of Dale and Cal. As well as linking nicely into what exists of the “Devine dungeon extended universe”

Cal has a very definite goal this time, and Dale again takes the position as the mortal point of view. While he is powerful in the end he’s still just average so his perspective is sort of perfect to survive most stuff but not be able to change some. This has been a theme in the series.

Overall I really love this series and they wra
Jack Vinson
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recursion loops, again

The last in the main series of books about a sentient dungeon. And yet, it seems there will be more subtle connections to Dakota’s other series of The Completionist Chronicles - several characters and ideas are transitioning between the two series.

My boys (13 and 15) enjoyed it and were often giggling - or groaning - as they read over the weekend. However, they were both disappointed with the ending - they think there should be more obvious hooks to the othe
Chris Evans
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, my first reaction to this book was disappointment. For some reason this book is read by Luke Daniels instead of Vikas Adams. The difference in voices, reading styles, and even tone was hard to get past at first. :/

But for the story. I wasn't terribly happy with book 4 so I was really unsure about this one. Luckily Krout manages to stick the landing here and gives a satisfying and enjoyable final book to the series. I hope we get to see more of these characters at some point.
Paul Mehl
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific finale, full of character depth, system depth and all I can think is "Job well done"

This series definitely required me to use a lot more grey matter than I am used to for "entertainment" purposes, but it was very interesting every step of the way, and the author created a large cast of characters I found myself truly invested in and caring about.

Thanks for a great series!
Trent
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pure pleasure.

An excellent conclusion to a well loved and thoroughly enjoyed story. It does not disappoint.
I'm left looking forward to further stories from this world setting, or even a continuation of sorts, but I'm entirely happy with how this series performed and ended.
Truly well done.
My thanks for the reading pleasure. And my eagerness for your next publication. Keep up the good work.
Joel Stanford
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite LitRPG series

This has been my favorite LitRPG series of all time! Since finding this genre, I have devoured most of the books and series and have thoroughly enjoyed many of them. This series may be the one that has me re-reading it like I have done a couple of time with such awesome classics as Lord of the Rings.

Truly 100% unique magic system that is so much MORE than just magic!
Ralph Trickey
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible
Not as good as the others or maybe I just got tired of the series. I didn't notice much interaction with the wisp.
It felt like the clue movie at the end with sudden nonsensical changes. Sometimes you should let the story end without bringing all the players onstage.

Also, I used the Audible version and the change of narrator was jarring. The narrator was OK in other stories, but very different from the earlier one.
Stephen
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world is falling, nope just the moon

This is an excellent conclusion to this fine series. It kept pulling and pulling, not wanting to let go before, during, or after this book. While some parts are definitely not original ideas to move along a story or bring emotion from a reader, it does distract you with enough bad jokes and action that it is still taken well. Don't stop now, just one left. You KNOW you want to read it, so do it.
Somebody
I still hate Dale. Too bad he is a main character.
The references also felt weird here, it was funny the first time but after that, it really broke immersion. No reason other than humor... However it's humorous because it's unexpected, and when you do it more than once it loses its touch. At least it did for me.
The ending left more questions. The author says its the last book in the main series (in the ending) but it really doesn't feel like it.
Bighomer
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than the last book. Not a very long read -- enough for one day dedicated to reading perhaps.

It doesn't feel like the story should be over yet, but I suppose it would be hard to have this plot go until the end point of a typical xianxia, where millions of years go by.

Some elements introduced in the last book that I didn't enjoy were left largely unresolved, and I suppose they were only ever there to introduce spin-off titles later.

Still, a nice series.
Topher
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: litrpg
This was... a little bit of a let-down. It felt rushed, really rushed. And the cheese / sweetness factor was so high at the very end that you should spread it on a cinnamon raisin bagel and call it breakfast.

There were a lot of good ideas thrown around, and there were some neat ideas. A lot of those were left unexplored.

Overall though, I still enjoyed this series. Particularly given that it could be considered dungeon core, I enjoyed way more than I expected as well.
Thor
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great ending to a great series

I originally listened to the first book on audible, and it took a little bit for me to get invested. But once I was, I looked forward to the next book. And now that the series has ended, I feel good. I don't think it was rushed, nor did it linger. Just right.
If you are thinking of reading the series, do it. Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I have. It also is still solid bingeing, which I did when I saw that the final book was available.
Kishore
my review about the series. I have never felt the danger or how dangerous the animals are created by the dungeon this made me think that i didn't like your writing style or I am not used to writing style.
I am an anime guy or big CGI fight kinda guy, your book never made me feel like it. coming to the content its ok-ok.
Kail Beltran
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best Series Ever

I'm sad it's over. I would have loved to have seen how Dale/Cal turned Eternium into what it is. And I love that this world continues in the Ritualist series. This is by far the best brain candy my squishy imperfect memory source has ever had. Thanks for the fun times!
Zwebb
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF Changed narrators.
I do not like( hate) this narrator.
Bad voices and he always {to me} sounds like Homer Simpson.
I liked the series so well up until this point --I may get this in non-audio, as it was a good run up 'til now. More than likely I will drop the series as I prefer Litrpg in audio form.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Combine Editions 3 229 Jul 05, 2019 11:12PM

• Dungeon World 2: A Dungeon Core Experience
  • Troll Nation (The Rogue Dungeon Book #3)
  • Bibliomancer (The Completionist Chronicles: Wolfman Warlock, #1)
  • Dungeon World 3
  • The Crafter's Dungeon (Dungeon Crafting #1)
  • Dungeon World (Dungeon Core #1)
  • The Kingdom Rises (Station Cores #4)
  • Stars Awoken (The System Apocalypse, #7)
  • The Other Core (Station Cores, #5)
  • Village of Noobtown (Noobtown, #2)
  • The Crafter's Defense (Dungeon Crafting #2)
  • Home, Siege Home (The Good Guys, #6)
  • The Mayor of Noobtown (Noobtown, #1)
  • Unity (Awaken Online, #4.5)
  • The Guardian Guild (Station Cores #3)
  • The Ascent  (Eden's Gate #6)
  • Dungeon Lord: Ancient Traditions (The Wraith's Haunt, #4)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
Dakota Krout - Author of the Amazon best-selling Divine Dungeon and Completionist Chronicles series

I live in a 'pretty much Canada' Minnesota city with my wife and daughter. Thanks to you, I'm now a web developer and computer programmer turned full-time author and indie publisher through my company, Mountaindale Press.

I started writing The Divine Dungeon series because I enjoy reading

The Divine Dungeon (5 books)
  • Dungeon Born (The Divine Dungeon, #1)
  • Dungeon Madness (The Divine Dungeon, #2)
  • Dungeon Calamity (The Divine Dungeon, #3)
  • Dungeon Desolation (The Divine Dungeon, #4)