Start by marking “Heartward” as Want to Read:
Heartward

Heartward

He doesn’t know that home is where his heart will be….

Firefighter Tyler Banik has seen his share of adventure while working disaster relief with the Red Cross. But now that he’s adopted Abey, he’s ready to leave the danger behind and put down roots. That means returning to his hometown—where the last thing he anticipates is falling for his high school nemesis.

Alan
Published November 12th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Heartward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartward

Start your review of Heartward
HEChapter -Tina J
POV ~> Third-person

I've read many books by this author and am more accustomed to the hopefulness, shining light, and optimism that his books tend to exude. This one had some darker undertones that were subtly addressed, adding a minor element of mystery and suspense. That, in no way, took away from the amount of heart that was packed in there though.
Old high school enemies meet again and get a second chance to do things right this time.
An orphaned child that had suffered untold horrors in
Kathryn Manzella
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartward by Andrew Grey is a contemporary m/m romance that melted my heart with its second chance, ex-rivals to lovers feel.

Tyler was in a quick hurry to leave town when he was younger, but now he realizes it's exactly where he needs to be when he adopts an orphaned young boy with a tragic past that has left emotional fears and scars on the poor boy.
As the new firefighter in town he is in for a few surprises coming home - some hostile coworkers/chief and the very much changed for the better
Becca
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoooo. This one hits you right in the feels. Man. I’ve always admired people who are firefighters or go to the disaster sites to rescue and such. I honestly don’t know if I could do it. I’d like to think I would, because I would love to be able to help anyone out that’s in need but damn their jobs are hard as hell not only physically, but emotionally and mentally. It leaves a lasting effect on you that sometimes even therapy can’t seem to help. And this is one of those books. I love the ...more
Kirstin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a second chances, enemies to lovers read and Andrew Grey is the perfect writer to cover this trope.

Tyler ends up adopting Abey who has seen her share of how cruel the world can be. When he accepts a new job as a firefighter in his hometown, he comes across Alan, his childhood nemesis.

But Alan has tried making something of himself and he wants to make amends when he finds Tyler has come back.

I've read a lot of Andrew Grey books and this one was a bit darker and more angst filled, but it
Marisa
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Andrew Gray's books. I've never been disappointed, and once again he managed to create a beautiful, exciting story. Thanks, Andrew
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
After years of constant moving around, Tyler has a young son, Abraham, to look after and so he’s decided to return to his hometown and put down some roots. Even though Tyler has some issues with his parents, the pull of his home, the stability and particularly the comfort for his son has Tyler willing to try and make things work. Alan had a desperate crush on Tyler when they were in high school, and seeing his childhood dream walk back into town and his life was both thrilling and terrifying.

I
Natosha Wilson
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. Not only is it a book about finding a home but it is a book about finding a family. Andrew Grey did a great job on this book. It is happy, sad, mysterious, and second chances at having it all. I really love books like this.

Tyler has not been back home other then to visit since he graduated high school. He never pictured himself moving home again but now that he has his little boy Abey to think about, he wants to have a more stable life and slower pace for Abey to come into
Kaila
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

this was amazing and wonderful.. funny and sexy.. sad in spots and emotional.. it was an all around wonderfully written story...i loved the adoption aspect of this story.. firefighters are always amazing to read.. and i really liked the raw emotions involved with everyone.. sweet strong and sexy... wonderful s words lol

Kobie
Nov 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I like this author, so it's always tough for me to give him a less than stellar review. But, this one felt rushed to me at the end. Not a bad story, just a bit dashed together at the end.
Lee
Nov 10, 2019
Brendan Johnson
rated it it was ok
Andrew Grey
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Elsie