Start by marking “Pencilled Hearts (Alcott Main #1)” as Want to Read:
Pencilled Hearts (Alcott Main #1)

Pencilled Hearts (Alcott Main #1)

Previously included in the Because He's Perfect Anthology, Pencilled Hearts contains an additional 5k content and can be read as a standalone.

Ollie is five-years-old. He loves chicken nuggets, red ear defenders, and his rainbow coloured pencil case.

He loves his daddy, because his daddy is perfect.

He thinks he might love Jack too, because Jack kissed his daddy and mad
Published September 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Pencilled Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pencilled Hearts

Barbara➰
Raising his son alone after his wife passes, Lewis is looking for a fresh start for him and Ollie, his autistic son. He finds Alcott Main where his son can get the help he needs to grow and Lewis can start living again. The local librarian, Jack may be what they both need in their lives.

This was a sweet little read. But why can’t I escape the damn. Dead. Exes. Especially when they’re continually mentioned throughout the book! Ugh! I would have been okay with the dead wife because she’s been gon
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, 5plus2019-read, m-m
5+++ Whoah, this is something special, very special. I’m speechless, It touched me in my very core.

The note of the author and the dedication made me already emotional, it was a promise to something dear, intimate and special.
Thick goosebumps and a thick throat.

When Jack sees Lewis with his son Ollie in his library, he understands with the way Lewis taps gently on Ollie’s hand that both Lewis and Ollie are special.
Lewis, a widower and raising Ollie by himself, doesn’t always know what triggers O
Bev
A fast, sweet read, but too OTT on the insta everything for me I'm afraid. Give the underlying subject matter this really could've done with a few more slower paced relationship building.

Karen Wellsbury
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked this up on a whim, the covers pretty, and I wanted a short read.
I really, really enjoyed it.
The romance between Jack a librarian,and Lewis a single dad whose son is autistic, is pretty insta. But it works. That Lewis is widowed is dealt with beautifully, his love for his wife, and his love for Jack are totally believable.
While the love story between the two men is obviously central, so is both tier relationships with Ollie, who is 5. This is no carboardy cut out of a child, Ollie reads
Elsa Bravante
Una novella muy tierna, un tanto instalove para mi gusto, pero bonita. Me ha gustado tanto la relación padre-hijo como entre la pareja protagonista.
Sue
BRING YOUR HEART

If you haven't read any books by this Author like me, boy have I got a lot of catching up to do. This is a beautiful story. Lewis is new in Alcott Main. He is trying to make a new life for himself and his son, Ollie. Jack, works in the library and has always been the only gay. Jack is sweet, bold, loving and confident in who he is. He is a beautiful, caring person, who was raised to respect those around him. In this story, Ollie has a form of Autism. It's incurable and is still u
Belinda Zamora
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ollie is a sweet young boy who's autistic.
Drawing, chicken nuggets, and his love of animals are some of his mainstays.
His father, Lewis is struggling in the aftermath of his wife Stephanie's death and Ollie's diagnosis.
He feels as though he's failing Ollie and is unsure how to navigate the unchartered waters of single parenthood with a special needs child.
He's tired of being judged by Nosey Nellies for his supposed lack of parenting skills and suffering from depression because he's simply overwh
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This was a fantastic short read. I loved the emotions of the characters, the way K.A. Sands painted the scene and quickly drew a picture of the town and the lives of the characters. With a sensitive touch she covers the subjects of single parenting, autism, loneliness and depression. However, this is a sweet uplifting story that made me smile.

The characters are well written and very real. Lewis is a sensitive, loving father coping with the death of his wife and bringing up their autistic son, Ol
Stefanie
Loved it ❤

This is a beautifully written novella. I really loved reading it and was sad when it ended. Great story from the very first page. I would definitely recommend this book.
Candy Drops
Pencilled Hearts by K A Sands

There is so much love and so many emotions poured into Pencilled Hearts. Lewis is a widower and has a son with ASD. Lewis also suffers from mental problems. When Lewis meets Jack, he makes Lewis and Ollies life happy, showing him that love can heal all wounds. Together Jack and Lewis helps Ollie, while falling in love. I thought because of Ollie Pencilled Hearts wouldn’t be as steamy or romantic. But, I was wrong. Pencilled Heart is romantic, steamy and emotional. Th
Amy Dufera
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
KA Sands' Pencilled Hearts is a beautiful love story, not just between Jack and Lewis, but also between Jack and Lewis's son, Ollie.

The writing is wonderful. It's short but sweet, and it's absolutely compelling and riveting.

I love, love, love their first kiss.

Jack and Lewis have a strong attraction. Their story is one of finding a way to move on after losing one's wife; finding a way to start living again. It's a story of finding that someone who is made for you; of starting over and truly mov
Dawn Higgins
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This was a very short love story about Lewis and his son Ollie who has AHD and what there life is like day to day,it is a struggle but then Jack who sees Lewis 'the man' with all his troubles,plus what he is faced on a day to day basic he definitely likes what he sees, instead of walking the other way he stays to see if there is anything that can happen between them.
Penciled Heart was a romantic steamy read that had all the feels of a heartfelt romance,it was a emotional story that will tea
Ann (Literary Lust)
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first read this story as part of the Because He's perfect anthology and absolutely loved it.

Pencilled Hearts highlights the affects that having a child on the Autistic Spectrum can have on a parent as well as showing some of the traits that a person on the spectrum may have, and I thought the author did an incredible job! This is a great short story with emotion and heat. A definite must read.

I am so excited that K.A. Sands has made Pencilled Hearts the first book in a new series. I loved al
Joscelyn Smith
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One foot in front of the other...

Lewis, Ollie, and Jack were great characters, they were just so lovable. I loved how Lewis and Jack were hooked at first glance because love can strike like lightning and for a lucky few like Lewis, it can strike twice. I like how the author didn't gloss over how difficult it was to parent Ollie, yes he had issues that needed to be accommodated but that didn't make him any less lovable, Lewis was very upfront about his struggles but he knew he needed help and sou
Debbye Campbell
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was hesitant to start this book since I’m not a fan of short stories and insta-love, however, this blew every expectation out of the water. Wow! I fell head over heels for Jack, Lewis, and Ollie! While I wish there was more to their story, I was still satisfied with the end. I’m looking forward to the next one!
Marie
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Such a beautiful story, the authors own experiences show in the writing with deep characters and a real understand of the struggles not just those with mental health issues have but those who love them go through. Really well written and heart felt.
Jardine Clark
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about Lewis, Ollie and Jack would of happily read more if it were longer but still a great short story. It's enough to give you an understanding of the importance of dealing and living with autism.
Sylvia
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bran Zesti
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a heart warming book. That give a view of how hard it is to be a special needs parent. How .... you know what, you rea.ly need to read it. Luke read it twice and then tell a parent thank you for being them.
Stefanie
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
This was an amazing short read ❤ very happy emotional in the end 😭 ...more
Simone
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anabela.M.
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one is of those WOW stories, the ones that turn you into a melted pile of tears,laughter, sadness and happiness.

Pencilled Hearts is short but with masterfully written characters  and emotions. Jack,Lewis and his son are beautiful and I cried for their moments of despair and cheered all their times of joy.

K A Sands has threaded the subject of ASD with extreme sensibility, and to me Pencilled Hearts is a sweet,heartwarming eye opening story to a reality of every day struggles and hard earned
Sheridan
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Jack, Lewis and Ollie will melt hearts in this short and sweet read.

I thought this story was a super cute insta-love, even though we deal with the struggles of ASD.

But the author has done an amazing job writing this story and still keeping it interesting and enjoyable to read.
Keith
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
It’s OK

A cute storyline with some easily lovable characters and reasonable character development. Short and sweet with the sex typical of that written for women who read MM. Ends with a promise for a HEA.
Chrissie
Manouchka
Sep 16, 2019
Robi Garcia
Sep 14, 2019
K A Sands is an exciting new author who has a passion for reading and more often than not, can be found with her nose stuck in a book. She loves angsty, dark reads but is not averse to the fun, light hearted side either. Typically, a romance reader, of most genres/sub genres, she loves reading a debut herself. Her passion for the written words goes back to her childhood and she has always dreamed ...more