Start by marking “Gabby (Safe Haven Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gabby (Safe Haven Wolves, #1)

Gabby

(Safe Haven Wolves #1)

Shifter females have become scarce.

Protected at all cost.

When a strange young female shows up in his territory all alone Trey, and his pack are shocked. But Trey knows his duty, protect the female at all cost. Then he meets Gabby and finds she is his mate. Now he must find out where she came from, what she is running from and then convince her to stay. That may be easier said than

Published August 30th 2019 by DAS Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Gabby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gabby

Start your review of Gabby (Safe Haven Wolves, #1)
Somia
A Stodgy and Unengaging Read – DNF 36%

The idea of this book was good but the execution left A LOT to be desired. The characters lacked dimensions, the chemistry between the hero and heroine wasn’t there for me, and the dialogue/writing didn’t feel natural, it needed editing and to feel more fluid.

Too much telling and not enough showing in this book.

Repetitiveness is another nail in the coffin – I just couldn’t continue any more.

Freebie on Amazon that I am now delet
Candace Tidwell
Gabby had the potential to be a good book. Unfortunately, the storyline just stopped. The author built up the main characters and set the platform for a nice romance and then stopped. The build up was there and then poof, nothing. The book comes to a conclusion with a rushed HEA. It was lacking in my opinion several key ingredients that could have made this book lovely.
K
Jul 20, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Nope. Hell to the Nope.

I always try to give authors that I haven't heard of a fighting chance. But, Good LORD, seriously... This was really put into the world as a serious attempt at writing/publishing?

The characters were so immature. For someone that was mated and 21 years old, the sister (Willow, maybe) was so immature and I HATED her. The main character wasn't any better.

The writing was very juvenile. I honestly found nothing redeeming about this, unfortunately. I tried, I
Nikki
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this story, it had twists and turns and has a ton of action so it keeps you turning the pages and wanting to read more.

Gabby was a fearful skittish character but you could tell she had an underlying strength well she had to have really after being able to survive alone for 5 years without family or friends, on streets in motels and grotty apartments and even just camping. When you found out what was chasing her there was no surprise that she kept running what
Jasmine
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sigh

So...Where to start? Okay, the IDEA for this book was a good one. BUT the writing for it was just bad. I found this book incredibly frustrating. Because I knew if written correctly it would have been a fantastic read. But the writing was just horrendous. No real plot, character development, action making, nothing...It was confusing, dull and dragged on. And if i ever read the words "rabbit hole" again I'll probably poke my eyes out. Those 2 words were the only constant in this book. I r
Lisa Book Shelf
Gabby

Gabby is a young girl in the run and adds up at Treys pack. Females are scarce and protected and mated at 21. With a birthday coming up things are hearing up in the pack.
JodyL
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The narrator does a good a great job. One of the characters is really hyper and loves to talk, which comes across exceptionally well. The voice range from old to young, male to female is wonderful.
Gabby is on the run. She doesn't know why she is being chased. She also doesn't k ow she is.a.wolf shifter.
Trey is an alpha. Females are rare and have to be protected from forced matings or kidnappings. They dont turn into a wolf until they are 21. When he finds a female in his territory he will do a
Shannon
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

I loved it so much I was reluctant to put it down. There were a number of typos that I noticed and that occasionally made reading a little tricky due to working out the context but I enjoyed the book so much I didn't mind.
Shannon Bittner
Apr 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF 93%
I tried so hard to finish it, but nothing happened until I was 75% through the book and even then it took the next 15% for then to almost stop talking about it and at that point I just gave up. So much of this book was telling me what happened rather than showing me. For example, instead of a conversation with dialogue there would be a paragraph paraphrasing what the conversation was about and the character's thoughts/views on it. That type of writing is the most irritating type of
Karen Voitik
>Book review – Gabby
>I am an independent reviewer. This book is the 1st in the Safe Haven Wolves series and ends in an HEA. Gabby doesn’t know she is a wolf shifter. A trip to the outside world starts a string of events that causes Gabby to be on the run, alone, for years. She doesn’t know why she is being chased. She runs to Trey’s area and feels calmer. Trey is the alpha of his pack and realizes Gabby is his mate. He protects her from afar.
>The attitude of unmated pack mal
Jackles
Meh.

I enjoyed the storyline, but the writing was very choppy. It made me think of an old, bad voiceover movie where everyone seems stiff and the words forced. Because of that, I had a very hard time relating to and liking any of the characters. If the writing had been a little more fluent and the characters a little more 3d, it’d have been a great book. OH! I also could not stand the fact that all the women were SOOO emotional and childlike and none of the men ever seemed to know what to do aro
Rossana Sasso
Aug 16, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Was the sister in law meant to be special needs? Because a lot of questions are raised in terms of her being mated if so.
If she wasn’t, then...wow.
The whole book reads like an exercise to get as many words as possible on the page. Repetition of words and sentences 7 times per paragraph, incorrect grammar, slightly rephrased sentences following one another. Why? Has this author been hurt by an editor when they were little and now they cannot work with one?
“Do you know how to bake coo
Angie Warner
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Melodramatic & Semi-childish

I'm really not sure how to review this book. On one hand, it's a little different and sweet...but on the other, the females are far too emotional, to the point of being ridiculously dramatic with their tears. They cry over the stupidest things and go way overboard. Measuring cups, really? Gabby acts more like a child than an adult who has been on her own since she was 16, and Stormie...well, her talking was endearing at first, but then it just became nonsensical and a
Rachel
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of the Safe Haven Wolves series, although it can be read or listened to as a standalone as each book is about a different character. This book is all about Gabby and Trey. She doesn’t know what she is, she’s on the run, unable to understand why people are chasing her and Trey the alpha of a pack takes her in knowing that she will have her first shift soon, but not letting her know about the wolf pack just yet. He also knows she is his mate. Females are very scarce and well ...more
Melissa Black
Interesting story line but could stand an edit

I was intrigued by the characters and the story line, but the book is full of errors that could be taken care of with a quick read through. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the last 10-15% of the book too. The author spent a great deal of time building what could be a great story only to brush over all the detail and skip explanations when the story hits its peak. It almost felt like the author gave up when it came to the ending.
Carro Herdegen
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Language: R (35 swears, 0 "f"); Mature Content: PG13 (mention of orgies); Violence: PG13
Really, I think the two-star rating says it all: this book was okay. The premise was interesting, and it could have been executed better. The story had several annoying inconsistencies, and I felt like Gabby changed too quickly for her character and issues. Overall, the book wasn't horrible, but it isn't something I'm going to reread or recommend to someone else.
Janet Johnson
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book hangover - Ugh!

I started Gabby on Sunday early evening - @ 2:45 A.M. Monday morning - I HAD to quit with 20 pages left (SOME people have to work on Monday mornings) that was the 3rd time I had tried to quit. I really wanted to know what happened. It's a great story. A writing style that keeps you enthralled and moving along. Thank you, Sherry Foster for your time, talent AND THE STORY!
Rose Young
Dec 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book had WAAAYYYY too many run-on sentences. The book repeats itself a lot, which is extremely annoying. Along with that, everybody sounds like there are fifteen, six or have no brain at all. The story is told from two different views, the main guy and the main girl, it changes every other chapter; I do not like at all. I like a book that has one view or every so often a different point of view. But NOT EVERY CHAPTER.
vasquez xiomara
Sep 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disappointed

Is been a while since I found a book that interests me. I love paranormal books about vampires ,werewolves,dragons,demons,etc. When I saw this one I wanted to give it a try but there's a big issue that I hate when I'm reading and that is too much inner dialogue. And in this book that is all I see,I fast forward until the end just to see how it ends. It was about 10% of conversation and the rest inner dialogue. Sorry but I feel so disappointed.
Samantha Stewart
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really did enjoy this book greatly. However I have to give it a 3.5 star rating. My reasoning is, there seemed to be some parts missing near the end of the story that would have made it make a lot more sense. Everything was going well until I got to this part and then it felt as though the author had had enough and it needed to end. Besides this I am looking forward to finding out what happens next 😊👍
Caroline Rose
Lots of typos, sometimes names were wrong. I think this book could have spent more time on the couple and how they got together and “love”. The story has lots of potential, but I feel like it was cut too short, wondering if I should read the next book even though I want to know what happens. The cover makes you think this is a romance..it’s not really. And can the sister/best friend not talk for 5 minutes straight before someone can answer her??
Sylvia
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabby and Trey

Loved this book! So much intrigue! This book brings so many interesting characters to light. Gabby has no idea she is a wolf. She will not change until she is 21. Trey is the alpha of the pack where she finds haven from the men that are chasing her. Who are they? What do they want with her? Will she ever finds her twin? Will they ever be safe. To find out the answers and watch Gabby and Trey find each other, stay tuned! Enjoy!
Leslie Twitchell
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free for a honest review. I loved this take on wolves. Gabby was strong, scared and independent. I felt like I was there with her. The author did a great job of keeping you interested and the storyline flowing. The author did an excellent job of bringing the characters to life. highly reccomend
Jessica
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book has a really good story line and I loved the characters however the grammar was really bad and the narration was really odd. It felt really detached so I didn’t managed to get lost in the story. I would recommend you read this book and make. Decision for yourself because the story line really is good.
Cryst Smith
Dec 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book soooo much but...

I really wanted to like this book the story was there the beginning was hopeful then it crashed and burned an incomplete thought. The main heroine was babyish and never really became compleat therefor the story just stuttered out. I think this could have easily been a multi book story instead it abruptly ended.
Sandra Whittiker
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gabby (Safe Haven Wolves Book 1)

Gabriella was a girl on the run and had been for years, there was no safe place that she could find , and no place that she could call her own. It would not be so bad, but she didn't know why those men were chasing her. This was a great read. 👏👏BRAVO!!
Mandy Maynard
Potential there but...

I hate writing negative reviews but I hate not leaving reviews at all. It seemed to be written by a young teenager with a decent idea. It did have potential it just didn't flow. At least not for me. Hopefully others enjoyed it, so the author doesn't quit trying.
Taylor
Oct 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't remember the sister's name (of the alpha) I could have handled this book if she wasn't so... HER. She's so stupid and weepy. In the effort to make her seem naive the writer went to far and made get extremely dumb.
Hayley
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

This book has wonderful characters with strong personalities. The storyline is intriguing and makes it hard to put down.
My only bad point is some of the wording. Words repeated too often and characters can sound stilted at times. But over all a great read.
Rox
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No no no. No spark. No action. No chemistry. Gabby is an immature wuss. Trey has the appeal of a jellyfish. And worse off....there’s no conclusion to this story. A damn “read the next novel in the saga to catch the conclusion.” I want my 5 days of my life back!

• Blackwood: Book 1
  • The Alpha King and his Human Mate
  • The Ash Moon (The Ariane Trilogy, #1)
  • I'm The Alpha's Mate
  • The Loyal (Part One)
  • Taming Alaska (The Juneau Packs Book 1)
  • The Crucial Shift (The Ariane Trilogy, #3)
  • Chasing the Alpha (Small Town, #3)
  • A Twist of Fate (True Mates Generations, #1)
  • Shift (Southern Werewolves, #1)
  • The Somber Call (The Ariane Trilogy, #2)
  • Chasing the Beta (Small Town, #2)
  • The Human Omega
  • Chasing the Omega (Small Town, #1)
  • Wolf Tamer (Claiming My Pack #1)
  • Pack's Promise(ARC Shifters #1)
  • Second Growl (The Lycan Academy #2)
  • Blackwood: Book 2

Safe Haven Wolves (9 books)
  • Trina (Safe Haven Wolves Book 2)
  • Kate (Safe Haven Wolves Book 3)
  • Julie (Safe Haven Wolves Book 4)
  • Dawn (Safe Haven Wolves Book 5)
  • Miranda (Safe Haven Wolves Book 6)
  • Nicole (Safe Haven Wolves Book 7)
  • Casey (Safe Haven Wolves Book 8)
  • Amber (Safe Haven Wolves Book 9)