Start by marking “My Forever Plus-One (Daring Divorcees, #3)” as Want to Read:
My Forever Plus-One (Daring Divorcees, #3)

My Forever Plus-One

(Daring Divorcees #3)

Evelyn is a woman who has everything--a successful career as a TV producer, and her best friend—sexy firefighter Owen Hanson—who looks mighty fine as her plus-one to awards dinners and backyard picnics. But something is missing and it’s not just the sex.

Owen Hanson is living the dream—a Chicago firefighter who volunteers at a youth center on the Southside and h
Published October 14th 2019 by Entangled tangled Publishing, LLC (August)

To ask other readers questions about My Forever Plus-One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Forever Plus-One

A Klue
Rating: 2.5 stars

As a huge fan of this author’s The O’Leary’s series, I get excited when she has a new release. I’m always hoping to hit that same romantic groove that had me hooked on those engaging story lines.

Having enjoyed book 1, One Night With the Millionaire, I had high hopes for book 3 of this particular series. However, I must admit my personal preferences definitely got in the way of falling head over heels for Owen and Evelyn’s story. You see, I’m just not a fan of a BFF
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: october-2019
I don't usually like friends-to-lovers but this one is one of the few that I thought was cute! Owen and Evelyn have been friends for a while having bonded in a divorce support group. They really learned to lean on each other when needed and it's just adorable! They decide to take things further but can happily ever after happen when both of them have issues that haven't quite been resolved?

The writing is great, funny at times and had me smiling. No dull parts, the characters were great. This is
Maggie Whitworth
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
❤❤❤❤
💋💋💋

So good , so touching, so emotional.
I had a tear or two on this book .

Two people, best friends, soul mates .
These two where meant to be together.
When they finally take the plunge , old trust issues and ex husbands rear their ugly heads.
Can they overcome their demons and make this work .
Loved every page , well written good characters.

I got frustrated I must admit with the friends annoying advise, loved the brotherly bond .

I received an Arc
Rochelle
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the series and the first book that I have read from this author and I really enjoyed it. This can be read as a standalone. I love a good friends to lovers’ story and this was it. Evelyn and Owen helped each other through their respective divorces and they became closer and a relationship blossomed between them. I loved watching them fall in love with each other. It was wonderful. I can’t wait to go back and read the first 2 in this series and read more from this author. ...more
Becky
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 10/17/19.

Finally--Owen and Evelyn's story!

I feel like I've been waiting forever for them to figure their way out to an HEA (okay, so it was just two books, but it *felt* like ages!) Friends-to-lovers is one of my favorite tropes, and Ms Schroeder does a fantastic job with it here. If you've read the other series books, you know that Owen and Evelyn have been perfectly comfortable hanging out together, being each others' BFFs and eternal plus-ones, neither
2kasmom
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is book #3, in the Daring Divorcees series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, I recommend reading the entire series.

Evelyn seems like she has a pretty great life. Being a TV producer has its ups and downs, but overall she likes it. Her best friend is a hunky firefighter and that is a big plus too.

Owen has wanted to be more in Evelyn's life. Being her best friend is a perk, but he is always wishing for that "extra" chance. Will he take it when it
Kristina Birch
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Friends to Lovers✔
Mature couple✔
Hot firefighter and cute dog✔

My Forever Plus One is my first book by Shannyn Schroeder and I was enchanted from the start! Evelyn and Owen have been best friends since they met in a divorcee group, despite having one night of steamy sex early on, but now they both start to realize that their friendship feels like more.

I loved the honesty and maturity of their relationship and their communication, even during that all important dark moment. It was clear I was jump
Angel Hatfield
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evelyn tossed the headset onto the console, just as the director called “Cut.” Another day, another group of young women armed with the knowledge of which man had fathered their children. As she turned to leave the control room, the new intern, Aisha came barreling through the door and said “Mr. Emundson wants you to come to his office -” Aisha added she thought he meant now. Evelyn nodded Harry- her boss- always wanted everything right now. She scanned her memory for a reason he might demand he ...more
Eva
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
evelyn and owen are best friends who have come to rely each other in every way, except it's all platonic. he's her date for work events. she's his for the same. my forever plus-one is actually aptly titled. they have each other's keys. they talk every day and know what's going on in each other's lives to a perhaps unhealthy degree.

when they first met, they were both recently divorced, recently damaged, and they valued their friendship over the intimacy. but over time, the lines have blurred. an
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I do enjoy friends to lovers stories, which is what this one is. Unlike stories about strangers who meet, or couples who start out not really liking one another, with friends to lovers storyline, they can jump forward quite a few steps. It makes the speed that a lot of these relationships move at much more convincing. In My Forever Plus-One, the couple in question are best friends Owen and Evelyn. They are so close that it's obvious to all of their friends (and us) that really they should be mor ...more
B.
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the friends-to-lovers trope and this is a good entry into that line of romance novels. Evelyn and Owen have become best friends as they bonded after both being in a group for the divorced. They are just comfortable together even though they have little in common from their professional lives. Evelyn is a producer on a local news talk show with hopes of starting a new show devoted to Chicagoans. Owen is a firefighter who spends most of his spare time volunteering at a local center ...more
Fizza
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a classic best-friends-to-lovers story. Two people who have known each other for years and are comfortable in each other's company slowly fall in love. Evelyn and Owen met a few years ago and they've been close friends since then. They're always there for each other. And they're used to being each other's dates when needed. However, they aren't actually dating. The chemistry is there and love is there but they both feel that friendship is the only option for them.

Soon, they a
Tara Peters
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Owen and Evelyn met after their marriages ended, via a divorce support group, and have been best friends ever since. They spend all their spare time together and are each other’s dates as required. They crossed the line one time but decided their friendship was too important to jeopardize so they crossed back and have only been friends ever since.

Owen is a man who needs to help others. He has only ever wanted to be a firefighter and he volunteers at the youth center. Evelyn is a TV p
Diane McConnell
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
Friendship becomes love!

Television producer Evelyn Rhodes has always asked her best friend, firefighter Owen Hanson to be her plus-one for any work functions or family stuff that she needed a date for and Owen did the same because neither of them was dating anybody. But when Evelyn wanted to make more of their friendship Owen started to panic because of how his first marriage collapsed when his wife couldn’t handle his job. Owen wasn’t sure what he wanted but he knew he wanted Evelyn
Lori
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love best friends to lovers stories. How sweet is it that the person who knows you best is the perfect one for you! I enjoyed meeting Owen and Evelyn in the first books and was happy to now read their story. It touched my heart in the scenes where they both just knew what the other needed without any words being spoken. Their friendship is truly beautiful and wonderfully written. I did get a little frustrated with Owen at a crucial moment and wanted to knock some sense in him. I mean, I got wh ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Owen and Evelyn met after their marriages ended and have been best friends ever since. They spend all their spare time together and are each other’s dates as required. They crossed the line one time but decided their friendship was too important to jeopardize so they crossed back and have been only friends ever since.

Owen is a man with an innate need to help others as he has only ever wanted to be a firefighter and he volunteers at the youth center as well while Evelyn is a TV produc
Sherri Babb
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. This is the third book and this book is about Owen and Evelyn. They have been best friends for a long time. They are part of the same divorce support group. Everyone around them can see how much they love each other except for the two of them. They soon come to realize that perhaps they should take a chance on each other and start a real relationship. At first it is all great but then both of their insecurities start to come to the surf and they each begin to have doubts in e ...more
Cheryl
Oct 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoy friends to lovers romance stories very much and this one was a good one. I had a few issues with Evelyn and how she let the men in her field treat her. In this day of workplace harassment, I would have preferred she stuck up for herself. As much as I read romance to help me separate from real- world issues, this one was too much of a hot button topic to ignore.
On the plus side, I love a firefighter hero, so Owen was a winner in that department alone! I really enjoyed the protectiveness
Amanda Stelter
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

**I received an ARC of this book from Entangled Publishing for my honest review. All thoughts are my own**

This book follows two best friends, both having been divorced from their respective spouses for several years, as they realize their love for each other and face the struggles of taking that big step from best friends to lovers.

I really did enjoy this story, but it wasn't my favorite. There was just something about it that I couldn't connect with.
Pbkreader
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Schroeder is onto something big with her Daring Divorcees series. We all love a good second chance romance, but this time the second chance come with a new partner!

Evelyn and Owen have both been in a marriage that ended in divorce. They met at a coffee group for divorcees and became fast friends. After years of being each others plus one, they realize how perfect their relationship is. Could adding sex to the mix add to the relationship or will it all end badly?

The Daring Divorcees
Book Him Danno
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1\2 stars
Best friend romance stories are hard to be creative and made it just different enough from other authors out there. The book is interesting with both leads having been divorced and marriage not what they expected it to be.
The best friends are very much apart of each other lives and it isn't until a mutual friend points out how much it would hurt the other if they were not together.
The story moves quickly making it a easy beach read for those needing a happily ever after.<
Linda Quick
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked the characters in this book, especially Evelyn - I always enjoy a smart female who's attacking life on her own terms. Add in Owen, her very sexy firefighter best friend, and the hotness is off the charts.

This is an entertaining friends to lovers story that has enough angst in it to make it interesting. However, while I love the author's books, this one moved a bit more slowly that her other books and seemed to lag in spots.

Fans of the genre will want to rea
Alicia
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading anything from this author and I really enjoyed this book from cover to cover.

This is the third book in her series Daring Divorcees but is a stand-alone. It's Owen and Evelyn's book. Owen is Evelyn's best friend and both are beginning to wonder if everyone is right about them being perfect for each other. They both know sex will change what they have right now. Will they take the risk?

I loved both of these characters. They both knew how to support
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Owen and Evelyn are best friends, platonic best friends. But when Evelyn starts hinting for more, Owen pulls back from the relationship. It isn't until he does this that he realized that he can't live without her.

This is a book that contains some twists and turns that you may not expect. You have a woman who cannot let go of the role that she played in her ex-husbands life and a man who can't live with the question of whether or not that ex will steal her away.

This is a great friends to lovers
Shar
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very good friends to more than friends romance novel. Evelyn and Owen are truly devoted to one another and helped each other out through their divorces and becoming their friend date to events they attended. Slowly they start developing stronger feelings and dive into a relationship with each other. A little drama thrown in about the exes, but thankfully not overboard as many romance novelists tend to do. A solid romance read.
Debbie Caswell
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great friends to lovers story

Owen and Evelyn met one another at a divorce support group and slowly but surely they are moving from friends to so much more With the history that these two have of divorce can they trust one another Can they let down their walls and do they have a chance at a future together, Watch as these two learn to trust again and to let go of the damage that has been done to them.
Anima
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-romance
Best friends to lovers, Evelyn and Owen are easily the best couple ever. A tv producer and a firefighter, each with ex-spouses, meld together so well as if it's always been that way. A few bumps in the road make them stronger. This is just one story within a divorce group, each gets their own book, but they meet for coffee and advice frequently so they flow among the books. Who's next in this group to fall in love? My copy came through Netgalley, review provided voluntarily.
Heather andrews
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Owen is just always trying to ease his woman, "...I promise, no one is thinking about us getting it on. Except me.” He pulled her toward the bed. “I think we have an hour since we don’t have to get your bag packed.” Owen's mom is a freakin' hoot, “I get it now. Tired. Sure. You could’ve just said you were going to your room to boink.” I liked this book, I liked Owen.
Leah Hines
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A sweet friends to lovers romance that shows it ain't always easy. I loved the fact that these were established adults who each had a divorce under their belts. The characters were interesting and the road to love realistic. These characters have to earn their happily ever after. Each face personal growth. This won't be my last book by this author.
Suzette
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a magnificent story. Evelyn and Owen are both divorced and have become best friends. Their relationship is comfortable and they trust each. After years of going on like this they decide to change their status and start having sex. This changes everything. Evelyn is strong and very focused on her career. The only time she gets to be herself is with Owen. Owen has trust issues from his divorce and that is becoming a cloud in this new relationship. The author does an excellent job of bringi ...more

Daring Divorcees (3 books)
  • One Night With the Millionaire (Daring Divorcees, #1)
  • My Best Friend’s Ex (Daring Divorcees, #2)