Start by marking “Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)” as Want to Read:
Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)

Freedom

(Fae's Captive #8)

The Abyss is full of terrors, but the mines aren't much better. Gareth is with me every step of the way, protecting me and giving me more pleasure than I believed possible...

I thought once we reached the mines our journey would be at an end. With or without Clotty, we would travel to the winter realm and start our life together just as I'd sworn to Gareth all those

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 169 pages
Published October 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Freedom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freedom

Start your review of Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)
Alaina
HOLY CLIFFHANGER CENET.

Freedom was meh until the end. Yes, Beth and Gareth are all chummy or whatever but they are boring in my eyes now. Things did get more interesting with Cenet back in the picture. I was hoping/praying that he was going to die and all but then the ending just intrigued the crap out of me. No idea what the heck the next book will bring me but I am so excited!

That is.. if there will be another book. Don't leave me with - going to my see my sister next (bitch) and mic drop me
Jessica {Litnoob}
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
My heart

What an ending tho! I wasnt prepared for how all this would make me feel. The topics of slavery and rebellion are ones that speak to me, k feel deeply about them. So seeing this quest for freedom was everything. The simple truth is that while I wish that the books were longer Im always invested in this world and these stories and my Beth deserved the world and so Im so thrilled that we got to see her in this way.
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

Yay!!

But I need more books!! Especially about Piggy! Can't wait for Piggy's book!! xD
Susie Johnson
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WELL worth the wait!!! I am SO relieved to FINALLY have something GOOD to read!!! I've been wandering through a purgatory of DISAPPOINTING books just passing time until FREEDOM -Fae's Captive #8 SAVED ME!!!! There is NEVER a dull moment in this WONDERFUL book!!! OOOO and I can't tell you but somebody FINALLY gets vengeance and it was even sweet to ME!! LOVED that part so much!!! and SO SOOOOO many others!!! So many TWISTS!!!! and heart stopping Terror and heart stopping LOVE and kindness. Felt ...more
Books on Stereo
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A fitting conclusion to an already strong series.
LMR
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series

Raw, fun and sexy. I love all her characters. Its a happy ending for those that dont always want one. Cant wait to check out her other books.
Alexandra Dresel
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to a great series!

Love all the twists and turns in this story. Keeps you guessing at every page. Wonderful characters throughout. I dig a suspenseful happy ending!
Greta
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Gareth and Beth continue through the salt mines to free clotty and the other slaves..Their journey would not be easy as they still have to fight the other magical beings to get there...Now that they story has end...Can't wait for the next series to start...
Debbie
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was ok
DNF at 60%.

Freedom is the eighth book in this series and the conclusion to Beth and Gareths story. While I enjoyed the first four books that centered around Leanders and Taylors story, I struggled with the last three installments which focused on Gareth and Beth. Sadly I could not even finish this one.

I liked Gareths character. He was a proud and loyal second in command to Leander, and he wanted nothing more than to find his mate and make her happy.

Unfortunately, I didnt care for Beth. She got
Nate Brightman
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the final book that tells the story of Gareth and Beth. They must finish their journey through the Abyss, and free her pseudo mother Clotty and the other slaves in the mines. Once that is done they must rush back to Cranthum to save the city from C-nets army of undead and Queen Aurentias army on the other side determined to crush the slave rebellion. Oh, and theres the little issue of the fact that Beth is human with a humans life expectancy while Gareth a high fae is pretty much ...more
Amanda Perkins
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, fantasy-smut
3 ½ stars rounded down.

Freedom finishes off the slavery in the Summer Realm story arc for Arin, including a cute HFN for Gareth and Beth. (view spoiler)

There's plenty more unicorn shenanigans and the addition of a "dirty" old lady in this installment to keep the comedic value high and balance out some of the sweet and
Jacquelyn G
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Crazy Journey

I loved so many parts of this book, and laughed at many more. I do think it is exceptionally crazy that it took EIGHT books to tell this saga-esque story and the BAD GUY STILL LIVES ON!!
As much as I loved Leander/Taylor (first 4 books) & Gareth/Beth (last 4 books) I just do not have it in me for another 8 or more books to "finish" the adventure. The author's note at the end of the book states two more characters will have their mate tales and then the final conclusion to the
Diane
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Gareth and Beth's story is covered in books 5-8 of this series, and honestly from beginning to end, it was just good fun.
There are plenty of naughty bits, horny unicorns, dragons by another name and evil doings, but honestly, I can't think of a better way to start my reading new year.

After the stress of the holidays, this did exactly what I had hoped. I got a little escape from the chaos and just had a chance to laugh. I confess I'm not sure how many more times I could have survived their
Elizabeth
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beth and Gareth

Wow! What a fantastic finale to a fantastic series. I love the relationship between Beth and Gareth. She broke all his rules and he just felt so hard and deep. Pack with action and adventure from the very first page and hot red romance that will get your panties in a twist. Fantastic plot, great characters and sub characters you can't not love. So sad to get to the end but Lily Archer promised more great stories and I can't hardly wait. Highly recommended
Tania Rodriguez
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! I Loved it!!!

When I started to read this book, I first few late to was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. The more I kept reading the more I need to know. Love the action, how everything played out such a good story. Wow!!? By the end of this book I had tears in my eyes again. Made me so sad of the outcome. But the end brought tears of happiness!!!! Excellent book Lily. Loved it!?? 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💞💞💞💞💞💕💕💕💕💕💕💘💘💘💘💘💘💘😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍💋💋
Dan
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great Ending to This Part of the Series

Freedom is the last book in the current series of stories that we have followed about Taylor and Beth. Other books have been promised. The story answers all of the remaining plot points and is well written. There is plenty of action and adventure and love also. This was a very easy read.
Erin
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Beth and Gareths story!

It was sad at parts but they changed the world they live in. Im excited to see who gets a story next!

Honestly the real stars of the show were the unicorns! They are just such nasty creatures and its hilarious! Especially when Gareth punches one in the face!
EVELYN R.
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wrapped up with a bow!

A great conclusion to Gareth and Beth's story. One slight issue with a change in narrator at the 10% mark. The story was being told in Gareth's point of view and suddenly "I" turned into Beth for a few lines of dialogue before it went back to Gareth's POV. Oops.
Lori Flemming
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Lily Archer has a way with words . Her characters come alive with every thought and conflict they deal with . I can't seem to get enough of her rather raunchy Unicorns and crazy witches . I can't wait for what comes next .
Cathy
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful creative writing !!!

Unique storyline for the fae genre, extremes in emotion, from sad to happy, a Lot of devastation, from emotional to physical, and good versus evil. But definitely a must read !!!Great characters and fantastic world she's created.
Katherine Moore
Lily Archer is a must read author for the way she develops the fae world and the characters within. She holds you captive in as much as she has you becoming a part of her characters... have read all of the previous books of this Fae's Captive series and was not disappointed with even one of them.
samantha clark
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Really good story. I enjoyed reading this book and the character development was good. The boys witch is my favorite so far.
Alysha Khan
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing books

I have read all of the books in this series and I'm addicted. Couldn't put the book down, definitely worth the 5* rating
Nichole Velez
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love everything by Lily Archer

These Fae books? Addictive. Im so glad there will be more to the stories. Thank you for the adventures and the handsome Fae.
Angela
Nov 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Love Beth

Ok love the characters. Great story. Plenty of angst and action. But to still not have this story wrapped up by now? Just seems really drawn out with no final conclusion.
Stacy Pienaar
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series so much! I can't wait for new books to come out!
Lois Young
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another end to another fantasy romance arc with the perfect cliffhanger for the next story.
Jo Ann
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I just finished reading this book. It was great I really enjoyed it. Cant wait for the next book to come out.
Madeline Hernandez
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my Favorite

These are one of my favorite couple wow you made me cry,then I got angry almost didn't finish but,am glad I did thou still lost one😢
Debbie Furrh
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ok finished this series in 4 days.

Must read if you like romance mixed in with all things fantasy then this series is for you. The characters are amazing.

• Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Trial for The Shadow King (Captive of Shadows, #2)
  • King Of Bones (Blood Court, #4)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • King Of Blood (Blood Court, #3)
  • Taken from the Winter King (Faeted Mates #2)
  • King Of Glass (Blood Court, #5)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #1)
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • King of the Fae (Blood Court, #1)
  • King of Ash (Blood Court, #2)
  • Awakened by The Shadow King (Captive of Shadows Book 3)
  • Taming the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #3)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds

Fae's Captive (8 books)
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Taken (Fae's Captive, #5)
  • The Bazaar (Fae's Captive, #6)
  • The Abyss (Fae's Captive, #7)