Start by marking “The Ugly Christmas Sweater” as Want to Read:

7. It’s an ugly sweater party

Being a good friend
ebook
Published November 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Ugly Christmas Sweater, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ugly Christmas Sweater

Start your review of The Ugly Christmas Sweater
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I thoroughly enjoyed this romcom. My face was aching from smiling so much and there are so many laugh out loud moments too. I fell in love with the whole book.

There were a few despicable characters that had my hackles rising but there are so many loveable and funny ones too, that I chuckled my way through the whole book far too quickly. The animals added to the hilarity really well.

Justin is a good looking, smart, sexy man-god and I really fell for him fast. From their first meeting to the last
Isha Coleman
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Paxson finds a way to make you smile while breaking off a little piece of your heart. The Ugly Christmas Sweater takes on heartwarming whimsy while delivering some age old advice. Cierra speaks to the vulnerability that we all have, but have a hard time showing. Justin is the sweet dream that's always been there waiting for the heart to take notice. With an obvious message and charming presentation, The Ugly Christmas Sweater is a gem of a read.
Rochelle
Shelves: arcs
This is the first book that I have read from this author and I really liked it. It was a fun Christmas rom-com. Justin and Cierra were such a great couple. They played off each other so well and it was fun watching them work their way to their HEA.

I received an ARC of this book and I am voluntarily leaving a review.
Piper's Romance Reads
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just a short & sweet tidbit from me today! This book was laugh out loud funny! It reminded me of Pippa Grant's antics with the animals. Soo enjoyed a-hole the cat! I'm pretty sure I snorted when I got to his part of the story. The story really sucked me in. It's definitely romantic comedy gold in my opinion. I laughed a lot and even snorted a few times.The story flows well and there are a lot of dynamics between the main characters and the people closest to them in the story. This kept ...more
Amy
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars of fun and happiness!

Thank you, Jackie Paxson, for reaching out to me! I enjoyed this book.

This book has a HEA and amazing characters. I adore Cierra and Justin and the secondary characters are amazing too. I hope there are books about Trina and Dinah and Donny and Jonas. Hint, hint!

Cierra has worked at the local coffee house since graduating high school. Not her dream job, but it pays the bills for her. Her friend, Trina suckers her into attending the company Christmas party, where
Colleen
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cierra has been floating since college, working in the same local coffee shop until her best friend talks her into going to her work ugly sweater Christmas party. After drinking too much and dancing with sexiest man there she finds herself kissing and then getting sick on the same sexy man.

Imagine her surprise when she finds out the man she got sick on and held her hair back is the same one she and her co workers have been drooling over for months at the coffee shop. The biggest shock is he's
Sheila Schoenauer
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun contemporary romance. Cierra goes to an ugly sweater party with one of her best friends. She's been to these parties in the past and ends up getting so drunk she pukes on the one person she has been admiring for months. Justin has wanted Cierra since the first moment he laid eyes on her but was to afraid to ask her out. He takes his chance at his company's Christmas party and even holds her hair while she pukes. These two were adorable and had me smiling throughout the story. ...more
Pauline
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cierra perfect man came into her coffee shop every morning for his caffeine hit. But all Cierra does, is drool over his perfect butt as he leaves the store. On a night out with her friends, Cierra agrees to go to her friend Trina's ugly sweater office party. Having been to these events before, Cierra parks herself at the bar with her vodka and pineapple - or many vodka and pineapples! When Mr. McSexypants asks her to dance it's as if the world has faded away and it's just the two of them. As ...more
Jill Kerich
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cierra agreed to go to her friend’s company party dressed in a ridiculous ugly Christmas sweater and sets herself at the bar for the night. Too many vodka and pineapple juices and she ends up in the arms of “Mr. Sexypants”. Although the evening ends a little messy, she soon finds out that her mystery man is the same attractive customer that comes to the coffee shop every day and leaves her tongue tied.
Cierra and Justin begin a friendship and romance that is fun and we get to ride along. There is
Joyffree
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-tbr
What fun!!
A fantastically fun holiday romance that will have you laughing, snorting, fuming and once again believing in the magic of the season.

Cierra is a handful!
A touch snarky, a bit clumsy and a whole lot of heart.
Her character was a balance of 'sweet girl next door' and filter-free slightly mischievous BFF.
Always one to keep you on your toes as you can expect the unexpected from her.

Justin was the sexy billionaire filled with marshmallow goodness. Smart, successful, and oh so deliciously
Becky Wise
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved every moment of The Ugly Christmas Sweater. Jackie Paxson had me in full on giggles the entire time. It's been a little while since a book made me giggle and smile so much as this one did. I love the banter between Justin and Cierra. Those two are just so cute together and can not only make you laugh out loud but also fan yourself too. I love Cierra's friends, parents and her neighbor. To see why you really have to read this one. Justin is sweet and totally swoon worthy. Cierra is ...more
Kelly Graham
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book.
Its funny and has some great characters.
Cierra, the classic clumsy girl has a bit too much to drink at her friends work christmas party and after snogging Justin, the extremely hot CEO shes had a crush on for months she then proceeds to throw up not only in the toilet but also on his pants.
Great start to a budding romance.
I loved all the characters in this story, Cierra has some great friends whom I'm hoping will get there own book but I especially loved Cierras parents
Breen Rdz
“Yes, this book was everything! The Ugly Christmas Sweater really hit my loving Christmas stories. I absolutely enjoyed this book. It was a really funny contemporary romance. Jackie writing skills had me laughing most of the time. Justing and Cierra were so cute together. A match made in heaven. He wasn’t at all what I expected and that made him simply perfect! Cierra was the classic clumsy girl but she was also unique in her own way. I must said the characters were exceptional and lovely. ...more
Melissa
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of this book to read and review and I absolutely loved it!

Any book that takes place at Christmas will have a piece of my heart from the start but the characters in this one took the rest.

Great humour throught out the story so it didn't get too intense even when drama came up. The characters were easy to love and cheer for

I hope we get to find out what becomes of Cierra and Justin's friends and family in future books
Mzlegz
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fun and sassy book has a mix of eclectic characters that will keep you wondering what they will say next. Justin and Cierra have parents that love to constantly interfere in their lives...but Cierra’s take the prize. The things that come out of her mom and dad’s mouths are hilarious!!! Totally enjoyed this read!

I received a free review copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
QuinnReads
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! This is rip-roaringly hilarious! The sassy, quick-witted women (and odd pet) are AWESOME! Throw in a some hot guys - gay and straight - and a pair of pink fuzzy handcuffs and you have a MUST-READ book. A special shoutout to the older adults (yeah, Mrs B, that includes you!) who add amazing color to the story. This is beforequite possibly THE funniest rom-com I've ever read. I LOVE EVERYTHING!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
QueenOfBooks88
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg this is my first by this author and it was so much better than I anticipated! It was the perfect combination of humor and romance for this rom/com i laughed until my sides ached and swooned Ciarra is so relatable as a character which made her all the more enchanting and Justin well what can i say a hunk that has such a wonderful heart! Definitely a brilliant festive read. I recommend to anyone who loves a good rom/com festive story ...more
CJ
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author has given us characters that we wish were our friends. A wonderful story that pulls on all your emotions. Cierra and Justin are perfect together, as long as she can get past her insecurities. I laughed until I cried at some of the situations this great group of people find themselves in.
Cindy Hughes
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of Jackie Paxson that I’ve read and it won’t be the last! I loved it! It had me laughing so much I was crying! I loved Cierra and Justin! They were perfect together! The story was great along with wonderful characters!
The Ugly Christmas Sweater is a wonderful Christmas romance! I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Chris
This was a super hot story with great dialog. It made me want to know more of the characters with every page I turned. I loved the slow build of Justin and Cierra's relationship. It makes it all the more better when they finally give in and take things to the next level.
Danielle Robbins
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ugly Christmas Sweater is the first book I have read by this author and I really liked it. It has humor, romance and Christmas!! I loved Cierra and Justin! They were just perfect together! Loved loved them!
Sarah  G
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a decent book. It started off fantastic, then it seemed, to slow down and jump all over the place. It has so much potential to get a 5 star rating. I gave this 4 stars because the story was good, even though it could use another proofread and maybe some updates.
KReader
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Laugh out loud funny and very sweet. The perfect Holiday romance.

I read a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving my review.
Charlotte Massi
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a awesome. It keeps you laughing and on your toes. I can totally relate to Zoe.
Carlie
Dec 06, 2019
Jackie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Pat Sexton
Nov 23, 2019
Trix
Nov 28, 2019

• Curves For The Professor
  • Go Deeper (Billionaire Elements, #2)
  • Baby Daddy Rescue: A friends to lovers romance (Hot Daddy Book 2)
  • Daddy Dom and the Bad Girl
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 11-20
  • Flirty Holidays: A Flirt Club Collection
  • I Kissed The Boss
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 21-30
  • More Than Dad's Best Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants #121)
  • Desire at Roosevelt Ranch (Roosevelt Ranch, #5)
  • Jilted: Nico and Sophie (Cliffside Bay Book 9)
  • Unravel You
  • Ryker (Dead Souls MC: Prospects Book 4)
  • Dmitri's Christmas Angel
  • Sinful Truth (Sinful Truths Book 1)
  • Waiting On Her
  • Steamy Proposal (Alphalicious Billionaires Book 8)
  • A Man Who Knows What He Wants: Books 1-10
I am a new author with my debut book Tabloid. It is the first in the Dirty Laundry series. I am currently working on the second book in the series.

I am the single mom of an eight year old and 3yr old golden retriever mix.

My blog, The Book Maven, has been going for seven years.